Had tubal ligation period now 11 days late

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I am 31 years old. I had a tubal ligation with the c section birth of my 5th child. The dr told me the method he used is very affective(he clipped my tubes with titanium alloy clips). My period is now 12 days late. I have very tender swollen breasts and am sooo tired all the time. I had a urine test 4 days ago at the dr's office it came out negative.  Anyone out there had similar experience? I am about going crazy not knowing what is going on in my body!
You could always try another urine using EMS or blood test. Maybe you've been stressed lately? Unwell perhaps? I think sometimes cycles just go off for some reason, and maybe if u have those symptoms before ur AF it could be that? I think it could be a good idea to do to the GP just to let them check u over and espesh if u get any pain or unusual bleeding. I think theres someone else on here who got pregnant 3 times? With a tubal, hopefully she'll reply soon,

All the best
Hello.
Yes, i have been pregnant 3 times after I got my tubal in 2002.
The first pg was in Oct 2005, I M/C that one, then again in May 2006, M/C that one and now currently pg again.

I am not sure how this one will turn out as of yet. I ahve had 2 sets of HCG levels done and an US and they did see a small spot in the uterus(very early pregnancy he said) and I go back the 16th for another US to see if things have growen.

So, yes I have been through it. LOL 3 times so far.

I would consider going to the DR to have a beta HCG level test done and that will know if you are pg or not.

My tubal was done after my c-section of my 4th son and I am not sure how or what they did, but they didnt do something right..lol

Hope the best for you and please let us know what you find out.
Hi - I don't really have any answers I just wanted to post that I think it's unbelievable and maybe nothing short of a miracle that you are able to fall pregnant following a tubal ligation!!! It's hard enough for some people (not me - I fall pregnant too easily and usually without trying either) so I can't imagine what it must be like thinking you're safe and then discovering you're pregnant despite the odds! Wow!!! I think if you are pregnant though then this might be a little miracle from above! Let us know how you go!
I had a tubal 2 and a half yrs ago after a cesarean birth to my 3rd daughter.  I'm now 8 days late and had a negative hpt 4 days ago.  Still don't know what's going on.  I called the doctor and they told me to take another test in a few days and if it's still neg, to come in for an exam.  
With the high risk of ectopic pregnancy after tubals, I worry myself to death.  I understand what you are feeling though and keep us updated.
i am now 11 days late for my cycle and have had 4 neg results. by weds i will be 15 days late. I know what u have been going through. i have been worried about a tubal pregnancy also. i had my tubal ligation almost 13 yrs ago and have always had reg cycles.