Hair growth on my inner labia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hair growth on my inner labia

Over the last year I have had hair growing on my inner labia. I have never heard of this before and I would like help in knowing what to do about it. Over the years I have gone to OBGYN's and talked about my various problems. I remember going to talk about my nipple hair and the doctor said I should go on the pill to regulate my hormones so I did not get permanent "male" hairs as she called them. I thought that was a bit drastic, so I just turned to tweezing after finding out my sister and other women had them. I also suffered from irregular periods for a long time. My cycle was only 19 days, then 3 maybe 4 days of bleeding and extremely painful cramps. Again, doctors wanted me to go on the pill. I decided to turn to Women to Women's vitamen supplementation and diet changes (Schwartzbein Diet). I am happy to say I now have a 21 to 23 day cycle with 5 to 6 days of bleeding. But, now that all of that is tackled, I have run into hair growth on my inner labia! I can handle the growth on my nipples, but I'm really upset and ambarrassed about it on my inner labia. It was just a few when it started, but I noticed that the numbers are increasing. Tweezing these is very painful. My husband doesn't care about them, but I do. I just seem to get frustrated when I talk with gynocologist about my problems. What do you suspect could be going on with me?
I didn't want your question to go unanswered, but I really don't know what to tell you. I don't know how old you are but perhaps it is just a life change? Or perhaps a hormonol change has occurred. I also have no idea what to suggest to get rid of it but maybe you could see a Dermatologist since you feel like you have exhausted you Gyn with questions. They would also be able to help you and maybe have some ideas on how to remove the unwanted hair safely and affectively. Don't you love it when your husband thinks things are no big deal but you do? Makes you feel like your being silly when to you, ot;s a really big deal. See how he likes it when hair starts sprouting out of his ears and nose.LOL  Heck he probably won't even care right? LOL
Sorry I couldn't be more help.
--J
LOL! The funny thing is, my husband already is sprouting the ear hair! I call him Wolfman Jack. To answer the age question, I'm 32. I also thought I might have not explained myself well enough yesterday. The hair is technically growing on the inside of my labia majora. It started with the hair line at the edge of the outer "regular" skin growing over into the pink inner side. But now there are hairs here and there farther down the inside. I do think it might be hormonal, but everytime I talk ed to a GYN over the years about hormonal problems, they suggest the pill. I just don't think that's a real solution. Are there doctors that specialize in hormonal problems?
What is PCOS? I have had weight gain. I even went through hard-core cardio/weight training for 4 months and didn't loose 1/2 as much weight as the trainer wanted. He told me no one works harder than me at the gym so it must be my diet, yet I followed his diet to a T. I am not currently trying to get pregnant, but I'd like to in a few years.
Has anyone mentioned the possibility of PCOS to you? That can cause the symptoms you describe, plus weight gain, diabetes, etc. But as far as I know, the pill really is the only treatment - the goal is to regulate your hormones. Are you trying to get pregnant?
Just an update, I went to my doctor and discussed PCOS. I alos did my own research on PCOS and felt it was a good possibilty for me. She was great and wrote up scripts for lab work. I'll be tested for insulin resistance as well as thyroid levels very soon.
You are ON THE BALL!! Good for you. Let us know how the tests come out! Best of luck to ya!
--J