Hard Lump Under Skin In Pubic Area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hard Lump Under Skin In Pubic Area

I have a hard, pea sized lump under the skin in my pubic area (less than 1/2 inch above clitoris and slightly to the left).  It's not visible at all and can only be felt by touch - I first noticed it about 1 1/2 months ago.  Went to my obgyn and she quickly told me it seems like an ingrown hair and I should put warm compresses on it.  She even said it looked like a white head was coming up.  Well, the compresses didn't work.  I never was able to see any kind of white head and to this day still don't after close inspection.  I honestly really don't think it's an ingrown hair, especially since I don't shave in that area.  The lump is still about the same size.  Also, I've experienced quite frequent itching in my pubic area for some time, even before the lump appeared.  Unfortunately I forgot to mention that to my doc.  So, now I am a little worried since when you search the net for these specific sympotms you either find very scary info on cancer or not much relevant info at all.  Has anyone out there experienced this or knows someone who has?  Most likely I will end up going back to the obgyn for a second opinion, but with one of the other docs.  Thanks in advance for any info you guys might be able to provide.
need an answer.
I am 23 yr old man with a basically identical problem.  This is the only post I have found that seems to be the same issue.  There is a smaller than pea size lump about 1 inch above and to the left of my penis in my pubic area.  I really dont think it is an ingrown hair as it has been there for a couple of months and has no head (also I do not trim or shave).  It is not visable, red, or raised above normal skin level.  It is only noticable to touch but I hate it and cant figure out what it is--which makes me hate it more.
If you find out what this is LET ME KNOW! I have the exact same issue. I have a lump under my skin probably a little bit bigger than a pea but not much.. It is in the crease of my leave between my inner thigh and my pubic area.. i feel like its a strange areA? It just popped up yesterday. i am freaking about it though.
i have the same problem, with another gazillion problems down there and just cant figure whats wrong....i've searched everything on the internet from general rashes to herpes and even cancer(God forbid). im so scared. i have an appointment on the 25th...if i get any new insight will let u knw
Gee... I'm having the same exact problem! And I can't find any info! Except mine has gotten larger over the past couple of days and, like you all described, it's unseen and is only detected by touch and it's itchy. :( And I do shave. Pls, if any of you have figured it out... Post.
sophisticjewel, find anything out on your dr visit?
I'm 45 year old man, don't shave or trim.  Had same problem itching for about a month, then a pea sized lump halfway between navel and penis.
I have the exact same issue described above - i really dont know what to think and im worrying (like anyone i supppose) about cancer ... ?
Basically -
- whole area is itchy (getting worse)
- bit smaller than a pea but only under the skin
- can be felt to touch, not particulary sore now i think of it

Anything at all would be helpful; thanks.
I am 16 years old and i have the same problem in the same area as you. Mine is twice the size of a pea and is growing. It is extremely hard and it hurts and inches.  If you have gotten any information about it please do tell.
Try searching "Hidradenitis Suppurativa".
i have the same thing too like idk what it is i googled everything and i didnt test positive for a std or anything and i also shave to and it comes even when i dont shave does anyone know what it is yet
I've had something similar for two years -- small lump, no pain. Was initially told it was an enlarged lymph node. Most recently, a new doctor told me that it's a sebaceous cyst, and no cause for alarm.
i have the same issue! and it just popped! and like there is about a pea sized hole in the crease where my thigh and pubic area meat (where it was) that you can see straight through to the muscle...its kinda creepy. no hair has been growing there since it appeared (6 months ago) when it popped it was a bunch of watery yellowish white pus and cam eout of multiple pores
I am an 18 year old male and have the same exact problems; lump under skin, no pain, and and is only noticeable if touched. I have only had sex once and i used a condom but I am going to get tested today just in case. If I find out any information I will definitely let you all know.
I discovered a bump just like you all desribe. It is in the pubic area, a little bigger than a pea size, and hard, painful if I push on it. I didnt know what it was at first, and after reading this forum, I remembered that awhile back I got something similar on my left breast, on the underside where my bra sits. It was a reddish bump, and hard under the skin. It turned out to be a calcium deposit because I had recently started taking vitamin D. It went away after a few months but did leave a scar. This new lump feels similar. It also represents a form of acne called Hidradenitis suppurativa. Its common in the groin area. If your doctor tells you its nothing, dont worry too much, I would leave it alone because agitation to this type of things could cause infection.
I am 23 years old and had the same type of lump arise. It is about the size of a pea, appears red and swollen, but doesn't cause pain. Luckily, one of my best friends is an ob/gyn. She said it's a cysts of the sebacious glands that sometimes arise in the pubic area. Sometimes they will grow rapidly and fill with fluid. There is no cause for concern unless the swelling continues to the point where it's uncomfortable. You can have it removed as an outpatient surgery but there's really no need unless you just can't stand it. They usually go away within a few weeks and appear right before or after menstruation. However, some can stay for years. I hope this helps, but I would suggest anyone with these related symptoms still consult a physician or ob/gyn just to be on the safe side.
I am 23 years old, and I have the same problem, it is a lump in the pubic area, on my left side, it is about the size of a nickel, and it doesnt hurt at all unless i touch it. It isnt even visible. I have never gotten this before and im not sure if i should panic. I do shave, and im thinking it could be an ingrown hair, but i also noticed some itching so im not sure what it could be. I tried hot compresses and that didnt work. Im worried. HELP! Ive had it for almost two weeks, what should I do? I also think i should mention that when i touch it, it feels as if there was some type of liquid inside of it. It feels as it is about to explode, and thats what makes the lump hard. :( Help!

Everyone needs to read the 1st post because some of you are saying you have the same thing when really you don't. The first post says "It's not visible at all and can only be feIt by touch" and some of you are saying you have the same thing "It is about the size of a pea, appears red and swollen, but doesn't cause pain" I'm sorry but THIS IS NOT THE SAME THING!!!!!!! and all you are doing is making it more difficult for people to answer the med help member's question!! Please Read more carefully before you post to someone else's question!!! TY
I have been having the same problems, but not anymore. I simply avoided using strong soaps in that area.  I also refrained from using feminine powders which I believe helped a lot. Also, make certain you rinse well after cleansing, pat dry gently and do not bother the knot or bump. Simply leave it alone.   Avoid underwares with dyes in them or wearing rough material while the bump or knot is present.   I hope this information helped.  

Oh, I can't leave this out - Pray and ask God to heal the root cause of the problem, believe it is done no matter what and never take it back!
This condition is lymphadenopathy. Those lumps under ur skin are your lymph nodes. they are found generally under your armpits and where the thigh meets ur groin.  If u have multiple tender , enlared, soft, smooth lymph nodes they are due to a bactiria or viral infection or you might have a urinal infection. If the lymph noids are hard and irregular go see a doctor as these syptoms (symptoms) are more sinnester.
I have the same thing in the same area!!!  I'm about to go to the Dr. because it's been there for over a month.  Let me know if you find anything out.  :(
These are most likely nothing more than calcium deposits, while they are annoying and can be embarrassing, they are not harmful in any way. A dermatologist can lance these and get the hardened calcium out. Sometimes they will go away on their own, sometimes they will remain there for years. Generally if you squeeze them you will be able to feel the mass moving or even breaking up but for the most part, once it is there it will return until it is taken care of by a professional.
Hi . Im having the same problem and ive been crying, do you know whatttt it is
Hi I hope you can help me .. I lost my virginity and he is clean and so am i < in between my thigh and vaagina is a bump underneath my skin.
i went to doctors for the same problem.
it was a block in a gland, thats why i couldnt see it only feel it. im on antibiotics but if they dont work i have to have the gland removed.
best to get it checked out.