Hard for me to get 'wet' before sexual intercourse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I have a problem, before my husband and i have sex...we play role and stuff, but i can't seem to get "wet". I not too sure why. And if i do i don't stay wet for long. I'm 20 yrs old and i shouldn't have a problem with this. I know i had my fallopian tube removed when i was 16 for a STD and i'm not too sure if this has something to do with. But since then i've been good in that area. If so is there something that can be done to fix it like a pill or something?
Tags: Relationships, s, Health, Sexual intercourse, Women, Womens Health
Thanks for putting this question.i wanted to know the same thing.I hope we get relevant replies from other ladies.
You can buy lubricants,put it on before intercourse.There isn't any thing a doctor could do,about this problem,they would tell you to buy lubricants to apply.Hope this info helps.
The pervious poster is right. KY works wonders. You should also drink more water. You may be a little dehydrated and you may not even realize it. There are other lubricants but I have always been happy with KY. Good Luck!!:)
There may be other issues at work, too.  How is your relationship, in general?  Is he providing enough foreplay for you?
i have the same problem alot. Unless he gives me oral, i tend not to get wet..it's probably b/c your not so much turned on? Or atleast that's my problem, b/c most of the time, he's like 'lets go' and he has to do foreplay for me to get wet, not always. Good luck.
are you going out drinking all the time? if i have too many drinks im like a desert. like someone said make sure you are getting enough water. i are you on any pills that could affect your hormones?
don't forget that your mind can affect the way your body works....I normally have the same problem you are having when something is bothering me....especially if that something has to do with my husband, also stress, depression etc. all these things can affect you.
Also, don't forget that some meds can cause sexual problems as side effects.  Are you on any medications?
How about getting your hormone levels checked? Don't neglect the role testosterone can play.
I'm thinking along the same lines as the above poster.  Are you getting turned on during foreplay?  If you're not in the mood and not turned on, then you won't get wet, no matter how much you're kissing and playing.

If you're really turned on and the ONLY thing that's missing is the lube, then definitely buy some KY.
im on birth control an yes i have prblems getting "wet" to. I dont know if its because of the birth control pills or if its just me.
hi i changed my pill recently and faced the same problem .. earlier i used to be very wet, but since a month, it been totally dry, even when im aroused.. i went back to my old pill this month, but still the same problem . :(
I may be young (18) but i am going to college to figure out and answer these types of questions!!! I have already learned so much about what to do and not to do when it comes to this type of thing. so LADIES! I HAVE MANY ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS!!!

getting 'wet' isn't just a problem with you.. it happens to everyone. its not your fault.  your body can produce the proper amount of natural lubircation, just sometimes it happens at the wrong time (ever been having just a nomal day and you go to the bathroom and your panites are wet?) yup!!

Women also usually need a certian amount of time to be properly aroused.  it takes the majority of women 15 minutes to produce the proper amount of natural lubrication.  Have it be fingering, oral, imagination, or toys.  Just remember that magic number 15!! plus its a bonus to you.. he/she stays down there longer, and you can enjoy it more....15!

Dont be afraid to use your imagination. Some people think that just because you are in a very commited relationship all you are allowed to think of is that person. not true. fantisies are ment to be in your head. a private little show for yourself to watch that makes you 'happy'  he doesn't need to know whats in it.

Remember NEVER be afraid to use a lubrication. LUBE LUBE LUBE!!!  it should be your best friend. keep it in the night stand, purse, car... where ever you little heart desires.  Plus using a good water base lubrication is also going to help you and your vagina in the long run. it will cause less friction and less problems later on for you rather than never using one. Original KY works the best but remember to know your body!! (or in the words of Jenna Jameson 'saliva is the best lubrication you will ever use and its free! Just keep a bottle of water near you incase your mouth gets too dry')

as for the whole birth control thing.. you might want to check with that. changing your birth control a lot isn't really a good thing do to in the first place. you should stick with one for at least 3-5 months so your cycle can get back on track and everything.  you also may need to see how your body reacts to the levels of progestins and estrogin in each type of pill.

i hope that some of my comment can help a lot of my fellow female friends. being in the bedroom should be fun and exciting, and you both should enjoy it!! hope it all works out!
Hi!  I have the same problem I am 23 and I have never really been able to get WET if i do its for about 5 10 minutes max and then sand surfing in the desert! NO fun and my fiance in which i have been with almost 7 years thinks its because i am not turned on by him but i am. Not going to lie  im a freak but he is tired of the Saliva thing and the Lube not sure what is wrong or going on but i have tried it all and even with LUBE it seems to dry up to??? not on birth control do not take meds and never had any STD's so can someone PLEASE help me out here cause I feel like im on the verge of loosing him because the sex never lasts long and he seems to be getting annoyed and afraid he will stat looking elsewhere... ANSWERS would be appreciated.

Thank you!
I have been on the pill for about 2 years and It has been really hard for me too get wet, and it drives me and my boy friend crazy. I don`t know what too do.