Women's Health Community
Hard lump on labia with itching and pasty discharge after recent miscar...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hard lump on labia with itching and pasty discharge after recent miscarriage

I recently had a missed miscarriage, and had to finally use Misoprostol to expel the tissue after 3 weeks of nothing happening on its own.  I had a terrible allergic reaction (they think), which caused me to temporarily lose my hearing, and my left ear became so swollen, it closed up.  I had to go on steroids and antibiotics to control the swelling.  I finally started bleeding & expelling the tissue, which lasted off and on for about 7 days.  Then it stopped, but I then I started spotting, which has been going on for another week.  Then I started experiencing some irritation in my vaginal area, especially in the inner labia.  It was extremely dry and red, and started itching like crazy.  Then after about a day, I started having a thick, pasty, off-white discharge-  literally like paste.  Totally new to me.  I thought yeast infection, but can't get in to see the doc, and the nurse hasn't called me back.  This morning I woke up and found that the entire right labia was swollen and painful.  When I felt it, there was actually a hard lump under the skin-  similar to when I was stung by a bee- just one itchy, tender, pea-sized lump, not visible (other than the overall swelling), but I could feel it.  Does anyone have any clue as to what is going on?    I am getting a little nervous about this lump.  I used an at-home vaginal screening, and my PH was at 4.5, which they said could be normal, or a slight yeast infection.  But would that explain the lump?  FYI-  I just finished the antibiotic about 3 days ago from when my ears swelled up.  Not on anything at the moment.  Also, I am still getting my hormone levels tested once a week, and as of 3 days ago, my level is still at about 4000 from the miscarriage.  Any ideas????  Thanks in advance!!!!