Hard to pee--please help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hard to pee--please help!

Hi everyone.
I am having this blocked/swollen feeling when I pee (I can't get all of my pee out with out pushing), and it stings not while I am peeing, but afterwards, all day. It's like a pinching weird feeling. I also feel some pressure on the right and left pelvic area. I do not have a UTI, I was tested for that recently. I do have HPV, but not any serious form of it, and I get tested yearly for the dangerous kinds, and I am fine. I was curious if anyone has any idea what this is??I have heard of things like interstitial cystitis and pelvic inflammatory disease, but don't really think it is that. I guess it could be, I have had this for awhile, but it just recently got worse. I am under a lot of stress, and noticed that is when it has gotten worse. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Thank you so much for any help!
From the symptoms urethritis should be ruled out. It is an inflammation of the urethra.It can be due to STD’S like Chlamydia or gonorrhea,chemical irritation caused by soaps,lotions etc,masturbation and bacterial infections of the urethra.

In urethritis the diagnosis can be made only by the proper collections of urine specimens from both the urethra and the bladder. These specimens will reveal the presence of white blood cells in the urethral washings, while the midstream (bladder) specimen will be free of cells.Also other tests that need to be done are swab samples and blood tests.

I would suggest a urologist’s consultation and the above investigations to be done to confirm the diagnosis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Wow, thank you so much, I sincerely appreciate your response! This was spot on and extremely helpful. I actually just went to my doctor, and he said that it could be this, and that I should also go see a urologist. It's nice to have even further confirmation on that. Thank you so much =) I will keep you updated!
Is Urethritis the same thing as a Urinary Tract Infection? I got tested for a UTI and it came out negative. I just don't know what is going on with me. I get fevers and nausea, along with the pain and stinging feeling I get through out the day (usually worse at night). I just feel hopeless. And I don't want to go to a ureologist and have them stick a catheter in me to find out what's wrong, that sounds so painful and uncomfortable, I am so afraid of having that procedure done!