Has anyone had this hunger pain stomachache?? Please read :)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I know this isn't the place for this.. but you guys seem to know whats up.. so here goes.  I have this ache in my stomach (not my belly, my stomach, right below my ribs) and it feels like hunger pains at times - then sometimes more severe. When I drink water, I can actually feel it going into my stomach, and it hurts. (same with food sometimes). Has anyone had this feeling before? It isn't hunger.. that I know. Help!?
Sounds just like heartburn to me, or possible colitis.  See your doc to be sure.
Even though it is lower in my stomach? Boy I hope that is all it is! Thanks! -Jen
Try Mylanta, and if it doesn't do anything, suspect ulcerative colitis or an ulcer.  They are not a big deal even if that is it, you will simply need antibiotics.  But if the Mylanta works, I'd suspect heartburn first.
nexium, the purple pill!! it works wonders.
Hi, Same here. I agree, It's probably heartburn. I had it so bad! All that tums, mylanta and pepto didnt help. The only things I can suggest is cold water. Maybe a change in your diet, and definitly talk to your doctor if it prosists. Sometimes it's as easy as a little change... I did see a gastrointestine Doctor. He prescibed nexsium I think it's called. Still for me, the water helped the best. Good luck!
I had similar symptoms before I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia.  You may want to see a gastrointologist if it persists.
I suspect it may be an ulcer... thanks for everyones input, I will make a Dr. appt.  :) -J
Hello there,
I have been going through some simular things but they haven't be able to figure out what is going on with me yet. I have had sevear pains in the epigastric regin (just below the center of the rib cage) that started 10/29/07 and still are presistant today. I have been going crazy trying to get this figured out. They treated me for Shpincter of Oddi Disorder and that didn't help either. However the symtoms (symptoms) that you have discribed sound very simular to my and Shpincter of Oddi Disorder. I would sugest taking a look online about it and see if you may have anyother symtoms (symptoms) that might match up with that. Good luck to you, wish you the best!! :)
I've had a similar experience. Does the feeling extend all the way up your esophagus?  It doesn't happen often to me, but I know when it will.  Usually, it's extreme discomfort for about a min or so.. then it goes away.  (It usually stems from my not eating for extended periods of time.)  I usually drink water, wait for the feeling to subside, then continue eating normally.
I had some signs you have. That was when I had Gall stones.  I suddenly had a problem eating spicy foods, onions, peppers, etc.  In 2005 I had my Gall bladder removed and was told by the doctor to stay away from spicy foods, so I chalked it up to eating spicy foods. BUT recently I had a CT scan which showed a lung nodule and was told that the scan also showed that I had a hiatal hernia.  The Nexium does help. Best advice ever is for you to see your doctor.  They give the best right answers.
Im feeling the same way... and its somthing ive never felt b4... this is day 4... but the pains huurt and are very uncomfortable... and worsen after i eat... this feeling of being starved doesnt go away!!..i think i will surely check into this though.. you should maybe do the same!
your symptoms sound similar to what mine were....hunger pain feeling, even after eating a meal?  Sharp pains in your upper abdomen?

These phantom 'hunger pains' that I would feel even after a meal, left
me very confused and about 20 pounds heavier, especially because
I was trying to eliminate that feeling by eating more....lol.

I finally had an upper EGD 2002 and was diagnosed with chronic severe GASTRITIS, and later in 2006 with  ulcerative colitis because of severe bowel related problems and other chronic symptoms.

Nexium was prescribed  and a bland diet.  Zantac has worked best for me.

I am female, age 40, and I have suffered with the following due to my UC:

cystitis
migraines w/aura and limb numbness
rosacea
sudden, sharp bellyaches during night/sleep(2000-2008)
all over itching
hives and wheels
dermatographism
muscle inflammation
joint inflammation
optic neuritis
pyloric sphinctor stretching due to non functioning
gastroparesis
mouth ulcers
bowel spasms (3-15 occurances daily) non diarreah (diarrhea)
left sided abdominal pain (under ribs down to rectum)
fatigue
constipation bouts
_____________

My first doctor that was treating me for 4 years, was strictly treating me
for acid reflux, even though I was complaining with multiple other symptoms, specifically the bellyaches that were awakening me from my sleep at night in excruciating pain...when I last went to this doctor to get him to take my symptoms seriously, his explanation for the cause of my bellyaches was "maybe your dreams are causing you to have these bellyaches."  He was supposed to have been the best gastroenterologist in my locale....I never went back to him.

I went to a gastro/surgeon as recommended by my neighbor and this doctor listened to my symptoms as I had described and did a multitude of tests.  He said he even mentioned my complaints at a doctors convention he went to....after much research and invasive testing and all my symptoms taken into consideration, he told me that I had UC and that I was to go on prednisone for 2 months to see if I show improvement.

I did improve.  My symptoms calmed down dramatically.  My nighttime bellyaches stopped, and I was finally able to receive a full nights rest after four years.  One major side effect from the Prednisone was that it made me feel like super woman for the first 2 weeks, but then suddenly my muscles feel like jello and I got down in my back for 3 wks....gee was I in pain.  Not fun....lol.

That was in Sept 2006.  I have tried to manage without using prednisone since....my symptoms rear their ugly head every day , but I deal with it.  I didn't know what was wrong prior to 2006 and did not know how to cope.  I don't feel so hopeless now that I know I can deal with something with a name.  I just don't want to use cortisoids except as a last resort.  

Anyone else had the same severity and extent of symptoms related to their UC?

All my best....
Look into h. pyloria bacteria strain.  Read about a duodenal ulcer.
I have similar symptoms and I don't know what to do until I hear back from my doctor. I can only describe my abdominal pain as extreme hunger pain but it never goes away. Eating doesn't help the pain. It's worse in the mornings and recently the pain wakes me up in the middle of the night. What's going on? Anyone else have experienced this and got it fixed? I'll appreciate any feedback!
Feeling identical pains and symptoms for past two weeks!  It's driving me nuts feeling hunger pains after eating a full meal...l
Could also be possible gallbladder issues as they are frequently misdiagnosed as heartburn problems.  A liver friendly diet, adequate water and avoiding toxins in food supply like HFCS, asparteme, processed foods.
Hello all! I hope that some of you who were suffering from this pain have found the cause and are now living a healthy happy severe stomach pain free life :) I've been going to the doctors and getting tests done to see what my be the cause of my pain, but in the meantime raniditine (Zantac) has been helping these pain outbreaks as I like to call them stay to a minimum. I now get this severe pain roughly once every two weeks or so. I dont know what causes it but I would really urge anyone suffering from this pain to try what I have found that gives me immediate relief. Now, this my sound weird to some of you, but it truly stops my pain. I wanted to come on here and share in hopes it might help someone else because there have been times when this pain has been so excruciating and relentless that I wanted to go to the hospital. Okay without further ado, my lifesaving trick is: Drinking soda. When I have this pain, I've found that if I drink soda the carbonation gets in my belly, causing me to burp which for whatever reason gives me amazing relief. You'll want to open a new bottle or can of soda so it's very bubbly. I don't like to drink soda just because of all the sugar and empty calories so I always buy club soda for times like these so that I'm not drinking a ton of sugar.. I don't like club soda it's pretty weird in my opinion.. But It works! Also, you may have to burp a few times before you feel complete relief, I sometimes drink more than half of a 2 liter bottle before I'm feeling 100% but i can feel after the first burp that I'm on my way to feeling better. I hope someone sees this one day and it helps them :)