Have I got tongue piercing infection?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Have I got tongue piercing infection?

I got my tongue pierced about a year and half ago, but I have suddenly got a lot of ulcers in around my mouth and my tongue and gums are swollen and i just wanted to know if that had anything to do with my tongue piercing. my tongue piercing looks pretty normal apart from the fact that my tongue is swollen and the end of it is numb and funny feeling as if i've burnt the to of it. also i have two ulcers under my tongue on the floor of the mouth and its created a raised bump which is quite hard when i touch it with my tongue. But it all started with just a couple of ulcers which just increased. I didnt think much of it as i get ulcers now and then but not as bad as this. its been about a week and 2 days now and its still quite painful. But yeh i would just like to know if its my tongue piercing being infected or if its just a bad case of ulcers?
if your tounge peircing was infected there would be puss in the whole that the bar goes through
it could be to do with your tounge peircing it could be to do with something completely different
you need to go to the doctors and get it treated before they spread down you oesophagus and to your stomach
oh and ive had my tounge pierced for nearly 3 years and mine goes numb at the tip sometimes
I would see a doctor as soon as you are able, it sounds like the beginning of an infection to me and you sure do not want that, it could get worse.