Women's Health Community
Have IUD, spotting after period
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Have IUD, spotting after period

I have a Copper IUD, and I've had it for a year now.  Three months ago I had bv and horrible odor and spotting after my period. I went to the doctor got antibiotics and everything got better.  I just had my period last week and I wasn't really expecting it because I was having ovulating pain on my side(I believe that the period was a bit early) but period lasted 5 days as usual so I wasn't worried.  Anyway 3 days after my period I start spotting and I'm having mild cramps, happened a day after I had sex with my husband.
I don't know what's going on, or if this is a common thing for copper IUD's...or could I be pregnant? Please help...

Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Aisham, your issue sounds very similar to mine.  I've had the copper IUD since March.  Finally around June, it began to regulate itself (bleeding-wise).  My period is actually longer and was very heavy, but have leveled off.  This month; however, it was 5 days late, but normal (IUD normal).  Three days after my period (I guess this is ovulation period when you feel mild cramps and pain on either side.  Actually I've felt it on both this time.  I usually have a clear discharge at this time also; but it's spotted with blood and a lot of it.  It's been going on for four days now... I wasn't sure if I should get a pregnancy test or just wait it out.
Blank
this happens to me and i have the copper IUD for 4 and a half years, i spot lightly and its also when i ovulate with cramps. so im guessing is the iud. oh and also weight gain...........  ***** i wanted out.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...