Have Iud Bleeding all month

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Have Iud Bleeding all month

I HAVE HAD AN IUD FOR 2 YEARS NOW. WELL EVER SINCE I GOT IT MY BLEEDING HAS BEEN EVERYTHING BUT NORMAL. NOW I GET MY REG PERIOD FOR ABOUT 5 DAYS THEN IT STOPS FOR ABOUT A DAY THEN A VERY LIGHT BLEED FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS OFF AND ON THEN NOTHING FOR ABOUT A WEEK THEN STARTS ALL OVER. I DUE HAVE BAD PAIN AFTER INTERCOURSE. I'M ALWAY TIERD AND NEVER HAVE ANY ENERGY. MY QUESTION IS DUE YOU THINK MY IUD IS WRONG IN SOME WAY OR IS THIS NORMAL FOR WOMAN WHO HAVE AN IUD???????
If you are having these symptoms you need to go back to your doctor to have it rechecked.
I am having the same problem right now. But i am bleeding all the time and i am having bigger then normal clots. I dont think it is normal.
I am having problems too! I have had it for about a yr and I have only had one normal period since.  I spot for about 3 wks then go into a hvy period with huge clots and I have to use tampon and pad and it still don't do the job.  I went to the doctor the last time this happen he gave me a wks worth of pills to regulate and then I stopped bleeding had one regular period.  went a couple mths without one and now I have been bleeding since the begining of feb.  I am getting frustrated don't know when I am gonna quit.  I hate goin to the doc but I guess that is what it's gonna take.  Just curious what kind of iud do you have? I have the paragard the non-hormone one.
I too have a Mirena IUD.  I've had it since Feb 09, it seemed to be ok the first 4-5 months however it's like I continuously spot all thruout the month......every month.....it seems like it's never enough to wear a tampon but just enough to irritate you and have to wear a pantie liner.....Sex doesn't hurt at all, however it's embarassing even though I'm married because there is always a little bit of blood (like the brownish color when your almost off your period) after we are done.  Unfortunately at the time I had a crappy deductible medical plan and to have the IUD put in that part was covered until the Dr decided to do a sonogram to make sure she put it in correctly, needless to say that sonogram cost me $275 out of my own pocket.  Since I had such a big bill to put it in..... I was scared to go back to investigate what was causing this, since I couldn't afford another doctors bill.  I just started working again...Yeah!  So I plan on going to the Doctors some time in April when my coverage kicks in.  I will let you know what my Dr says.  Hope your situation improves :)