Having a drink

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Having a drink

Hi all. Well I am 4 days late today, but took test last night it was negative, just dont know why? Any way if Af does arrive over the weekend, I plan to have a drink New Years Eve, My question is that I am taking metformin, it says not to drink alot on this medication. Would I be okay to drink this one night?
If I were you I would call your pharmacist and ask.  They get this question a lot and think nothing of hearing it.  They can tell you if there are any risks to drinking, I would definitely get a professional opinion first, some meds don't mix well at all with alcohol.  After that you can relax on New years, as for me, I guess I'll be drinking sprakling cider this year...
nwhite - this site says not to drink at all while you're on metformin,  because of the serious danger of lowering your blood sugar too low.

http://www.drugs.com/metformin.html

It's hard to tell whether you're asking could you go have one glass of champagne,  or if you're wanting to go out for a long night of drinking - I agree with the above poster,  call your pharmacist and ask.  They sound pretty serious in the weblink that this is dangerous.
Avatar n tn
Thank you. I just went and read it. I dont guess I will have a drink then. Oh well.
Well if you would come out to be preg. You would'nt be able to drink either:( I'm 8 wks & have a family full of partyers So this yr I will have to drink my punch or soda.Oh well..here too.Nanis
KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
KTowne 5 more sleeps!!! :):) Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals