Headache and Nausea
I've been taking Alesse for about 3 months now and as of recently (maybe 2-3 weeks) I'm starting to get really bad headaches. The pain is mostly just above my eye but it's really sharp and very painful. Now I'm getting nauseous as well, this just started. I have had some pain in my back for a little while which I attributed to a kidney stone but after seeing my urologist who said my kidney was fine I am wondering if the birth control pill could be responsible for these symptoms. Thanks for any help!
It sounds like you might consider switching birth control pills.
It was a long time ago for me, but I believe headaches were
one of the side effects I had.  Maybe your dose is too strong.
Your best bet is to check in with your GYN and see what he/she
says.
I also took Alesse and it gave me terrible headaches and when I was smoking at the same time and taking zoloft it gave me a tingle in my left side of my head and then some numbness and then my right arm went numb, all classic signs for a stroke and I was only 15, they lessened my does and I was fine afte that, except for the headaches, I have headaches since, but all other pills give me stomach aches, have them try different ones for a few months each and see which ones make you feel better.
Thanks for your help.
I was on Alesse a few years back...not only did it make me really sick (ie headache, dizziness, nausea, sore breasts...), I also got pg on it. Obviously not the effect I was looking for.
Since I already had all the signs of pg, I did not know I was pg until I m/c. I guess it was good, since I didn't get attached to the idea...who knows?
But anyways, I let my doc know, and she switched me to Ortho...it made all the difference in the world!
Good luck! :)