Women's Health Community
Healing Cuts on Clitoris
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Healing Cuts on Clitoris

My problem really isn't a disease.  I cut my clitoris in 3 places while shaving a week ago.  They have yet to heal and are very sore to the touch.  My underwear keeps it irritated and it's not in the best place to heal.  It seems even walking and sitting irritates it.  I've put neosporin with pain relief on it and powder, trying to keep it dry.  Because I think the moisture is keeping it from healing all the way.  It's not in a very good place for me to look at it, so I got my husband to look and he said that it was 3 cuts and they have new (white) skin over the cuts, but it's just too moist.  Any suggestions???  I'm desperate!!!
Related Discussions
55 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
i dont have any suggestions, but may i ask how/why you would get a razor there?
Blank
143123_tn?1274304425
I like to be clean shaved on teh outside of the vagina and the hair on the inside of the labia (sp?).  I can't do wax, so I shave.  It's not a hard place to get...it's right there on the tip of the vagina.
Blank
ouch
Blank
143123_tn?1274304425
Yeah!!!  I've gone a week with no relief...I wanted to know if someone else knew anything else to try.
Blank
well, I've done the samething, I know it hurts like hell excuse my french but theres not other way to describe it :-) I tried neo. too and it didn't seem to help,the only thing I know to tell you is just give it time, thats what I did and it went away buuuut of course I accidentally do it again every now and then
:-| well, good luck with it!
Blank
143123_tn?1274304425
Yeah, neosporin hasn't really helped.  I've been told to the cotton panties thing and try and go commando around the house so "it" can breathe.  I also just tried sitting in a hot bath with Epson Salt.  Even if it didn't help...it felt better.  Like you said, it's just going to take time I guess.  Thanks!
Blank
there are some things God didnt mean for us to shave and thats it!...OUCH
Blank
Try using a liquid bandaid it will at least form a protective coat around the affected area to avoid infection, plus it has triple antibiotic. Make sure you don't cover the hole in the clitoris, just the surrounding area. Hope this helps.
Blank
143123_tn?1274304425
Thanks!  I'll try anything. Luckily, it is starting to heal.  It doesn't hurt as much as before.  I can walk and not cry now...Thanks again!
Blank
How long did the cuts take to heal, I'm kind of in the same situation, and I'm scared when I finally heal I will have damaged my nerves:(...Its been 2 weeks..and I don;t feel pain on my clitoris anymore, ut its still not completely healed...I'm scared...please write back someone!!
Blank
Yet another reason I won't shave bald there again. I can't even take the itching the day after let alone the risk of cutting my fun parts.
Blank
It wasn't from shaving, it was from a vibrator, it chafed my skin, its healing but I'm so scared at the same time!!!
Blank
Vibrators suck!!! Never get one!
Blank
Actually it may be a yeast infection, not sure, but its in Gods hands...I know I'll be better soon! Praise God!
Blank
may i suggest sudocrem...heals anything!
Blank
I would also like to know how long it took for the cut to heal because I'm having the same problem right now...it's been one whole day and it hasn't stopped being irritated and sore.  Any ideas or suggestions?
Blank
Anyone out there have a clitoris that turned dark?  It was white for a couple years, biopsied just in case of cancer, suddenly turned almost black, looks interesting!  Still seems to have nerve endings but have no health coverage and you know the doctor will want to see me!
Blank
i actually slightly cut my clitoris with a pair of fiskar scissors while trying to trim the hair before shaving and it actually didnt hurt at first it must be the underwear irritating it more. it hurts and itches has anyone actually done this before and if so any advice?
Blank
i have a cut on my clitoris but its no from saving because i don't save down there nor from sex cuz i havent had any latly since agust and it itchs around what can it be
Blank
568659_tn?1256143582
The clitoris doesn't grow hair so why were your shaving it. Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch.
I think it is bic that makes razors specifically for shaving the bikini are, they are a lot smaller than normal razors. I've never used them but you may want to give them a try.
Blank
this happened while i was trying to cut my pubic hairs.  Put vasoline on the infected area.  WHen you urinate pat dry don't rub
Blank
PLEASE RESPOND!!! Okay, so I am having the worst day ever. I was shaving my lady parts and I try to be very careful. Now I don't use a regular razor I use an electric one that is meant for bikini lines so I figured it was safe because you can touch it to your hands and it wont cut you. I was shaving and some how it touched my clitoris. I felt a little twinge of pain so I just wanted to check it out and I noticed I had somewhat split the skin over my clitoris. It is not bleeding but it is slightly sore. Its kinda freaking me out. I'm debating if I should go to the doctor or just wait for it to heal. (I'm pretty sure I didn't damage any nerves) PLEASE RESPOND!!!
Blank
OMG! i have done the same thing, but much much worse I have cuts all over done there from shaving, didn't notice the pain until after I was done. It is UNBEARABLE pain, they don't seem to be healing..almost like paper cuts. Went to the doc, said it was folliculitis gave me antibiotic and an antibiotic cream. Isn't helping the cream burns like crazy and the wounds KILL! I was planning on putting some liquid bandage on the wounds but I am scared any suggestions has this happened to any one? and what did you do to heal it? liquid bandages people..good idea or bad? HELP ME I feel like I am dying!! I can't even sit of stand it even hurts to lay down :(
Blank
I need advise on how to heal a scratched inner labia.  I somehow was scratched during oral sex, it has been a week and it still hasn't healed.  It seems like a white open soar that just wont heal.  It burns soooo bad when I use the bathroom.  I use a fan on my private area to ease the pain.  I use A&D ointment which helps with the burning.  But because I live such a warm environment, my area is always moist when I'm in the sun, making it almost impossible to heal.  I'm extremely desperate.  Can anyone provide some solutions, what I can buy to heal it?
Thank you.
Blank
Have you felt fluish at all? When I lost my virginity to my now husband, he performed oral sex when he was feeling ill. We were both virgins (And I know this b/c we were best friends growing up) and he apparently had a sore on his upper lip. A week later I got a couple of sores down there, and when I went to the doctor to get it checked, he automatically told me that I had an STD called herpes, and I told him it wasn't possible. When the test came back, it said that I had the type of herpes that isn't sexually transmitted. It's very confusing, and I still have to take valtrex in case of any other break outs. I would def get yourself checked. It sounds like the herpes simplex virus, and there is medication for that.
Blank
oh jeez. this helped so much.
I don't have a cut, my clitoris is just really irritated from Nair. I've been putting ice on it through panties and it's been about 6 hours since it happened.

-_-
I've never had this problem before, but does anyone know how long this will take to heal?
a few days or weeks.........? :(
Blank
just had emergency surgery both hands. Return home and find pain on urination...no, not infection from catheturazation during surgery (yet...but the mega-antibiotics may prevent that).

My clitoris is literally abraded raw!
No other surgery ever produced this result, VERY strange symptom! Needless to say it's terribly painful; the meds that work for my broken hands & partially amputated finger do NOTHING for this.

Is this a normal possible result of hasty or inexperienced cath work or is something more sinister behind this? It's not as if it is due to tape-down...the entire clitoral area and nothing else has been somehow made raw.

And how can I treat it?
Blank
Babers, Ive just done the same thing, I was trimming with scissors before and i just nipped the lip to the left of the clit and its bleeding a bit...will it heal like any other cut on the body or do i need to tell my doctor? agghhhhh this is scary :s
Blank
1258970_tn?1269578460
I did something dumb... I was shaving with one of those INTUITION razors that aren't very precise, but they're smooth... maybe too smooth... they're not precise 'cause of the cream, much like a bar of soap, made to encircle the blade. My fingers slipped and I cut myself right on the clitoris and a piece of the protective 'hood.' I removed a fair piece of my clitoris. @#$%!$
I didn't actually notice that I was cut at the time. I remember my fingers slipping though. I noticed when my boyfriend just began to go down on me about an hour later. I blamed his facial hair, Haha!... 'til I asked him to check me. It hurt really bad...
The next day, there's no pain at all. Y'know, I think that's because I caused some nerve damage.
I know, it's dumb... but as an experienced shaver, who's done this sort of thing for years, and with the Intuition razor more than twenty times, probably... I made an honest slippery mistake. Has anyone else done this and had the same nearly-numb result? I'm pretty worried. Honestly, it looks like tissue has grown back just fine... no evidence of cuts that I can see, but I'm either just nervous, or I really don't have the ability to feel anything. I tested my ability to orgasm from stimulation which probably should hurt and I found that it was a lot of internal muscular work, was quite tiring, required vigorous stimulation and it took a pretty long time. Ugh.
Blank
NEVER PUT VAGASIL to try to stop the itching. it burns like CRAZY i didn't know i had a cut there but after this intense burning experience i checked and discovered a cut. So for anyone who thinks that might stop the itching of a cut DO NOT TRY IT!!!!!!
Blank
just had the same prob!! ow ow it burns and stings when i go to the bathroom and im pretty worried cause i cant exactly tell my mom... ill be killed! it cant be herpes, iv studied it and i know it isnt
Blank
I would suggest just leaving it alone for awhile.  Your body will heal itself - The neosporin and power are probably a bad idea... the neosporin because it could get inside you and the powder because, well, that are is just supposed to be moist.
Blank
Im in the same situation...only it wasnt from a razor...lets just say the foreplay got a lil ruff and I ended up gettin a scrape on the hood...it hurts like hell even when I walk or sit, & its been like this for the past week. The scraped skin is white and reddish & it formed a bump kinda like a hard pimple. It burns 4 no reason or wen im in the bathroom. Anyways...idk wat this is & its bothersome...any suggestions as 2 wat happened?
Blank
hi, me and my boyfriend were fooling around the other night. but then the next day i had a cut on my clit it hurts so bad. it hurts to sit, walk, and even squat. i have been trying not to drink anything because it hurts to extremely badly to pee. any advice?
Blank
okay, i'm not sexually active or anything but just 2 days ago i cut my cliroris and at first it didn't hurt but the next day it hurt to walk sit down, laydown or even just standing up. i have the magnifying mirrior in my bathroom and i checked it out down there and theres at least 4 or 5 cuts, and some 2 of them are quite big and hurt the most. i don't wanna tell my mom cause im scared of what she'll say but ive been putting vasoline over my cuts to try and heal them, i just wanna know how long this is gonna take to heal because it's really killing me, and i have basketball practice all this week(starting tomorrow) and i just wanna get this healed as quickly as possible. PLEASE ANSWER ME AND HELP ME!!!!
Blank
"shorty3997" i have the same problem and it hurts really really bad to pee i almost cry
Blank
This might sting, but try apple cider vinegar.  I had a rip on my nipple from using a breast pump on an irritated nipple. Nothing worked until I tried the acv.  
Blank
OMG I am in that same position right now, it hurts like helllllllllllllllllllllll!! when i sit, walk, or move. The panties are not doing any comfort, I've done neosporin, triple antibiotics, warm water, and plus just waited till it heals and so far it's still sore!! I need some kind of cream to heal it and take away the pain!! Any suggestions????????????? Please respond!
Blank
1841740_tn?1318693232
Try sudocreme, I shaved around 6 days ago and it's beginning to heal now but I cut my vaginal area badly, I was worried at first because I thought it was something bad but I recently realised they're mere cuts like usual shaving accidents. I was in excruciating pain to walk, sit and stand. Even laying down sometimes hurt! But sudo does exactly what it says, it heals itching too and cools the area - I suggest you give it a go.
Blank
I am in the same position right now.  It hurts to walk, sit, or even go to the restroom.  This is insane. I can't believe this...OMG it hurts so bad...I was about to cry while on the toilet. How long does it take to heal with the Sudocreme...headed to the store now to make a quick purchase...
Blank
HELP! i cut my outer vaginal lip shaving and now it is swollen and hurts like hell!!!! any suggestions to get rid of pain quick other than advil? i was prescribed anit-inflamitory pills and i have been on them for 1 day and a bit and they arent really helping :( how long do you think it will take to heal because i have a national competition in 4 days!! AHHHHHHHH anyone know anything? does epson salt bath help? what about chamomile tea bath? the doc said that mite help but any other suggestions?
Blank
2083421_tn?1332644384
use oragel... hurts at first but after a minute or two works like a charm :)
Blank
I shaved the other day I scratch the inside by the lip one the right side with razor. It hurts to sit and lay down what can I do?
Does any one know what I can do?
Blank
use candid cream and olevera cream it helps to soothens the skin over there.. it ll really help
Blank
did it get better with out seeing a doctor?! i have the same thing right now and im freaking out :(
Blank
did it get better with out seeing a doctor?! i have the same thing right now and im freaking out :(
Blank
Oh man. Cuts down there take *forever* to heal. Even when they're tiny.

I managed to get myself with toilet paper (yes, a toilet paper cut) and it was over a week before it started showing any improvement.
Blank
I haven't really found too many solutions but I did notice that i'm not alone in these situations...so thanks for the comfort.
Blank
anytime i get a cut down there i use tea tree oil dabbed on with a q-tip. it helps speed the healing. within a few days it should be fine. put the tea tree oil on like 3 times a day.
Blank
Go see a Dr. Get some antibiotics to prevent infection, soak 15 minutes in tub a day.. You will see a quicker healing of your problem
Blank
I agree with you.  I never had any type of problems down there until after I started using a vibrator.  I never could relate my problems to STD and i kept trying to figure out how the hell I keep getting bumps, i just recently got a cut on the tip of my clit.  hurt like the dicance.  I can't wait to heal and hope and pray not to get these things again.  Also itch a lot
Blank
4314724_tn?1352673741
hey im 16 my name is miracle and i have cuts on my clit to but i also have 2 cuts  around the labia lips of my vagina and i cant tell if its healing i put neosporin on it and it was itching does that mean its  healing ?
Blank
just for future reference. u can catch herpes if ur hubby has a cold sore on or in his mouth and same as girls who give oral. they can give the guy herpes.. this is middle school info..
Blank
A few years ago a guy was going down on me and he bit my clit and it hurt but cos I wasn't sexually active I didn't understand... My tommy hurt all day...  It started itching but it didn't heal back... Now it's saggy and dead... Well I'm not sure not the only thing I let go near it is hand while I'm in the shower... I don't even masturbate... I don't think I have actually cummed since u started having sex... ADVICE ME!!' Please
Blank
Ok so i cut myself today about 3 hours ago. I started my period and was very light so i used some electronic clippers to cut my hair down there cause I hate wen the blood gets all on it. But in the middle of doing it, i cut right next to the tip of my clitoris and it was a sharp pain and I looked at it immediately and it had already bled a lot. I put pressure on it and wiped away the blood. It stopped bleeding after a minute or two and there's only a little pain. Should I use peroxide and clean it since I'm now bleeding from my period? Is that safe?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...