Heart Palpitaions in pregancy

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Heart Palpitaions in pregancy

I am in my fifth week of pregnancy and am having heart palpitations that at sometimes are scary, i was wondering if anyone else out there has experianced this? I am going for my first appointment tomorrow, this is my third pregnancy and I have never experianced this before and I am a little worried.
Avatar n tn
Yes, I am 8 weeks 3 days, I have the same thing happen to me alot. It is scary but  normal i assume. I forgot to ask my doc my last visit, so let me know what your doc says!! My girlfriends say that it is normal and they have had the same thing as us! good luck to you!
when i was pregnant , my heat was beating two times faster than normal. they did ultrasound and all kinds of tests on me. turned out that although it was beating faster than normal, the rythm was ok and there was nothing wrong i guess. but i know sometimes pregnant women have issues like yours. i think youre ok. but its good to be checked and definately tell your doctor about it.
Avatar n tn
I had the same thing earlier in this pregnancy (also my third).  I never did speak wtih my family about it, but everyone told me it was normal.  

I'm now at the end of my pregnancy (36 weeks) and havent had the palpitations/flutter in some time, so they should go away for you as well.
Avatar n tn
I was getting them all the time at the beginning of the pregnancy. They sent me to have an ECG just to be sure that everything was ok. Which thankfully it was. They told me that is the extra blood which your body is starting to circulate puts a little extra pressure on the heart, but it is absolutely normal. Go and get your blood pressure measured, I don't know if your pharmacists offer that service there, but usually if your pressure is ok then you are ok.

But do mention it to your doctor when you go. Also eliminate any caffine and junk food, that helps sometimes.
Belle313 uploaded new photos
42 mins ago
Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals