Heavy Genital Flora?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Heavy Genital Flora?

I had an IUD inserted about 2 months ago and since then I have had heavy vaginal discharge (only during sex) and an unpleasant odor (also during sex).  I went to the doctor and upon examination she said that I appeared to have an overgrowth of yeast but since I did not have other symptoms of a yeast infection she wanted to send a culture out.  Today she calls me and says that the culture is back and is perfectly normal so I do not require treatment??!!  Everything is not okay since this odor is not normal for me - the discharge is only during intercourse and may or may not be normal, I am not sure.  I asked for a copy of the lab report which stated:
Genital Flora
Heavy Growth

What does this mean?
Did she check for bacterial vaginosis? That will give you an odor, especially after sex.
if she did a pap smear then she  would have checked fro bv. off the bat that is one of the culture that they look for under the microscope. and the whiff test. i am a certified medical assistant. they can dx bv right at the visit after the pap smear maybe use need to keep the vagina dry or maybe you overly sweat. try using dial soap. to help with the odor. is a anitbacterial soap i used to suffer from bv but dont anymore. and i went to the ob/ because i thought i had it again and she told me she didnt smell anything and didnt see anything under the microscope. i didnt use the soap for a week becaus eri know i was gowing to ob.gyn. and that soap could wash awayu the bacteria. but i had an odor not in the vagina area but on the pubic hair only i also sweat a lot so thats why . now i dont have any odor and now i dont good luck.