Heavy Vaginal Bleeding After Sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Heavy Vaginal Bleeding After Sex

last thursday i had sex with an condom and i dont think there was any lubrication while we were having sex and then finished there was blood everywhere so i got up and went home and i was bleeding quite heavy .. eventually it stopped and then the next few days it was just regular spotting and now its very very heavy bleeding and i dont know whats happening. i am very concerned and i want to know what can i do to make it stop ? will it take time to stop ? do i have to see a doctor ? i am only 16 and will i be able to go to the doctor alone ? my mum cant find out
This condition is called post coital bleeding. It is most commonly seen in vaginal infection like Chlamydia, gonorrhea, vaginal inflammation etc. it could also be due to disease of endometrium that is lining of uterus, polyps (mass) in uterus and cervix, fibroid tumors etc. You should consult an expert nearby for internal examinations.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.