Heavy Vaginal Discharge

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Heavy Vaginal Discharge

I suddenly began having a very heavy discharge a few weeks ago. Dr already tested me for BV and yeast - both were negative but I was still put on a round of diflucan and boric acid - neither of which did anything. It doesn't look or smell abnormal. I sometimes have to wear a lite tampon and always wear pantiliners (sometimes multiple) b/c it is so heavy. My period ended 2 days ago and today it is heavier than ever. What can it be? Is there anything to limit it?
Avatar dr f tn
How  are you? Do you still experience the heavy vaginal discharge that you mentioned?  This could be due to normal physiologic discharge  or associated with vaginal infection, pregnancy, and even inflammation of the cervix. For proper diagnosis, it is best that further evaluation including gynecological examination and some vaginal swabs for laboratory analysis may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted.
KTowne Definitely starting to feel... Comment
Shannon79 commented on renae176's status
MH Community Mgr commented on Bubulous's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals