Heavy bleeding during sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Heavy bleeding during sex

I am a 37 year old woman with 2 kids, I have recently started having sex with a partner that's larger than my previous, not long after we start I begin to bleed like starting my period,heavy, I also bleed when I run/jog.  I have always had female problems and was told I'd never have kids, I also feel like I have been kicked in the stomach by a horse after sex.  Any thoughts?
HI BIGRED SOUNDS LIKE YOU SHOULD BE GOING TO YOUR GYNECOLOGIST.YOU MIGHT HAVE A FIBROID TUMOR.THEY ARE USUALLY NON CANCEROUS SO DON'T LET THE WORD TUMOR SCARE YOU.YOU ARE AT THE AGE NOW TO WHERE YOUR FEMALE ORGANS ARE GOING TO START ACTING UP MORE.YOU NEED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.I AM NOT A DOCTOR,JUST SOME ONE WHO CARES FOR YOUR WELL BEING.PLEASE MAKE AN APPOINTMENT!TAKE REAL GOOD CARE OF YOUR BODY IT'S THE ONLY ONE YOU HAVE.TNT406
Man   all these women with "large" partners.  You could have cervical polyps or fibroids.  It is definitely something to be investigated further sooner than later.  I mean how many times can you wash the bed sheets ??  :)
you should be checked right away this could be something as serious as cancer (don't get scared ) let's be real you know this is not normal even if your partner resembles tommy lee this should'nt be happening !!! Get checked right away and tell your partner to be gentle from now on!!!!
I agree that you should definitely see your doctor. In addition to the other potential problems others have listed, some STDs can cause pelvic pain and bleeding during/after sex as well. So if you both haven't been tested, this is probably as good a time as any :-)
I have the same exact problem. I dont get cramps during my period either but i do get them after sex with my partner. he is very large also, in fact i saw my doctor last week and tomorrow i have to have a ultrasound of my uterus and also a biospy its a something  ____demetreous? unsure of the exact name, anyways my doctor wasnt really too concerned and i have one of the best doctors from Loma Linda University. I will let you know what the outcome is, but i have had this problem for 2 years now and i just turned 39 years old last week. anyways good luck and keep in touch
my email is ***@****

thanks hope that was somewhat helpful.

kim
I havent had sex in a year and when I did it was with the same partner. However, it was very painful and I bled during and afterwards alot. Im 36 years old. I used to have sharp pains in my vaginal area, but never this kind of intense pain during the whole sex act. Im afraid my daughters father might have been unfaithful, because I havent been with anyone other than him. I schedule a doctors appt. already but am still stressed out because its still  awhile before my doctors appt. Any comments would be most appreciated.
I have been having major bleeding during sex and it hasent done that until after I had my second child. I had a biopsy done and a colocopy done as well where they froze my cervix what can this be?
Hi, not trying to take away from your discussion. But I'm only 17 and just had sex for my first time on Thursday. I'm very tight and the sex was extremely painful, so I expected some bleeding. What I didn't expect was to be dripping blood. But I figured It was just my hymen being ruptured. However, the next day we tried again, and the same thing happened! Can someone please comment back and tell me if this is normal, and when/will it stop? I'm very nervous.