Women's Health Community
Heavy periods since tubes tied
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Heavy periods since tubes tied

I am a 30 year old woman, who had her tubes tied after a successfull 2nd pregnancy.  Ever since I had my tubes tied my menstral cycles have been very heavy, I have had bad cramps and severe back pain all during the 6 days off menstrating. I was told the only way to fix the problem is to have my tubes untied. Unfortunately insurance doesn't cover this and I can't afford the 5 to 10,000 it will cost to do it.

Isn't there anything else I can do that will elevate my pain and suffering.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Boy, do I know where you are comming from!!! I never realized it had to do with having my tubes tied though. i just passed it off to getting older. I never had problems with my period, now i think i am going to die every month. I cramp like crazy, bleed like a stuck pig, and just feel bad all over. I take midol. Sometimes it helps. I end up in the recliner for atleast a day. Now that u have brought up the fact about having your tubes ties it makes sence. that's when my bad pd.'s started. I am a mom to 2 girls too. Great isn't it! Mine are both 10 now, the oldest will be 11 next month. (ten months apart)
Blank
OH Thank Goodness, I thought it was just me.  Its crazy, sometimes I will bleed for one day and then nothing for a week and then bleed for 6 days like normal.  I have to double up on pads or it leaks all over the place.  I just wish I had known this before I got my tubes tied.
Blank
can you get pregnant on your period with your tubes tied
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703