Help - in pain!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Help - in pain!!

I was shaving around my vagina and i grazed the skin on the lips of my vagina .. The grazes have turned into what looks like ulcers and are extremely sore and painful!! I can't urinate without being in excruciating pain! I'm currently in Thailand and feel like i cant get help from a pharmacy there and also it's quite embarrassing. Any  helpful advice would be appreciated! Thanks
Hi Sarah, Try some aloe vera gel, but what your having may be some hairs stuck under your skin from what called razor burn, now if you can bear it look closely and see if you can see any thin black marks under the skin, if so these would be the hairs trying to get out and its these thats giving you the problem.
But thinking as I write, if the weather is hot and sticky, thats not helping, so try going commando for a couple of days, yes I mean knickerless, this will help with the healing and stop any shafing from them, see how you go.
Good Luck
Hello there,

I just read your comments. You mention you're in Thailand. Is there a
female doctor that you could go to and explain the symptoms you're experiencing. If you can find one, perhaps she could give you a pharmacy
prescription that would be helpful. This sounds like something you should
get medical attention for especially as you say the grazes from shaving
have turned into something that looks like ulcers. I'd be concerned about
a possible infection and because its so painful. Good luck. Evewisewoman