Help- My cervix is a weird shape!!!!
Today I got my period. I went to insert a OB tampon (manually) and noticed that my cervix is not it's normal shape. Usually it is smooth and round... but today it was not round. It was kind of pointy to one side and tissuie. Like more tissue than normal. I could even grab the excess tissue with my fingers. the pointy side was more like a pointy flap of skin. It is really weird. I am so worried but my doctor says that I have to wait until my period is done before he has a look. What is wrong with me? I am so scared! Could it be cancer? Is it just how it gets sometimes? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks
I am trying to figure out how one pinches excess skin on the cervix ;) but anyway - your cervix changes shape and position constantly throughout your cycle - sometimes it is pointy like the tip of your nose, sometimes round and squishy like a donut.

I am not sure what the flap of skin is - it could be a simple Nabothian cyst which most women of reprodutive age have - but you likely shouldn't harass it too much or you can get an infection or cause damage.
The other way to describe it is like the end of a pink eraser. That kind of square point. It is about the same size and shape. I have never felt this before. Usually it is donut shaped. I can grab the end (like the end of an eraser) and hold on to it. It is really weird.
Actually - that sounds perfectly normal. When you are on your period, your cervix is at its longest and "pointiest" so that the blood can leave you more easily. I would not be worried at all.. sounds fine.
So many women on this forum are intimately familiar with their cervixes.  It seems like it would be better to feel them up less and just let them get on with their lives; especially, fingers carry germs and the vaginal flora is pretty darn clean if someone isn't poking around in there.
Excuse me for sounding grumpy; it just has creeped me out in the past (especially that one gal who had been obsessively "cleaning out" her vagina with her finger, ceramic fingernails and all, every day, eeeew).  It's a good thing to know so much about your body including your cervix, no doubt.  But please tell me you are being really, really careful not to add bacteria into that clean area while you are feeling around.
I'm *so* with you on this one. My favourite was the lady who, as she put it, was always "digging" in there. DIGGING?! Like it was a beautiful flower-filled garden! It's SO dangerous to keep prodding your cervix. My doctor once said that you can actually cause.. oh was it an erosion? Some kind of condition by "over-touching" it. I know some women use the cervical position to gauge fertility, but it's totally unreliable and not worth the risk you take of causing an infection or worse.

Ick. I feel sick now... ceramic nails...
the special on how dirty cell phones are makes me sick to think if someone didnt wash their hands prior to checkin their cervix. ive checked mine, ok its there!!! lol. those nails must hold all kinds of ick!!
I do hope that it is normal to be "long and pointy". It just really frightend me. I think I am gonna book an apt. with my gyno. anyway.

As for the bacteria, I am a fastidious hand washer. I wash my hands before putting them in sensitive areas.... and If I have faux nails on, I use an applicator to do my business. I can't imagine that poor girl who use to "clean" her vagina. EEWW.... I just accidentally noticed the odd shape. I wasn't looking for it. I haven't checked it since.. I will wait until my period is over. Thanks for all of the advice.
I just went to the GYN yesterday.  A friend of mine talked me into going because I hadn't been in 10 years.  I'm 33 y/o and I have not had any problems with periods, I'm like clockwork, every 25 days on the nose!  Anyway, my new GYN MD did a pap smear and told me that my cervix has an odd shape to it and she asked me if I had ever had any type of surgery onmy cervix, or if anyone had ever told me this.  I said no.  The only surgeries I've had was a C-sec in 1992 and a kidney stone removal (no cutting-just a stent), that's it.  She did tell me that I could have had this since birth, but if so, how did I conceive in 1992?  So now I'm freakin out because my husband and I want to conceive and have been trying for 4 yrs.  The GYN said this could be a reason.  Now she wants to go in thru my belly button and look around.  I just don't know if I want to go thru all of this.  Should this defect be a big concern for me?
Thanks in advance!
I have an odd shaped cervix, but I think that as long as there is the cervical opening, it is certainly possible to get pregnant. (I have a son)

I have just recently been checking my cervix because I am studying a fertility awareness book. (Sorry I can't remember the title and author offhand)   It surely doesn't feel like the normal cervix that is described in the Fertility Awareness for natural birth control and conception, (book by Toni ? something) Anyhow, If your timing is off, it's possible not to get pregnant for many years! You only ovulate one day a month!  Everyone's cycles are different and if you have intercourse one day too soon or one day too late, you won't get pregnant.
I checked my cervix and noticed a flap over the opening, I can make it flop back and forth, Is this something I should be concerned with? I don't know how the opening should be.
I'm 17 years old and have noticed that my cervix is not what it looks like in the diagrams i've seen.  sorry to be graphic but if i use my finger to feel it i barely have to insert my whole finger to reach my cervix... is this normal? It seems very low.  and also it is long and kind of pointy shaped also but i do feel an opening. when i insert tampons it seems like they go kind of behind my cervix.  it just seems to be oddly shaped and not located in the right place.  but i have had sex and it feels fine it doesn't hurt me or anything.  I don't know if this is something i should be concerned about
sorry my cervix is not located at the top center but near the right side wall is it a problem? will i be able to conceive?
Please read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler.

VERY informative and answers so many of these questions!!!!
"over touching it" ? Well what if a penis is over touching it every day through out the whole day? I highly doubt "over touching" is a condition.