Help, swollen and sore vagina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Help, swollen and sore vagina

Why and what should I do when my inner lips are swollen and very sore after sex? My boyfriend and I have been together for along time and this has never happened, we don't use condoms of lube. The right side is much more swollen, red, and sore than the left, Please help...I can't seem to find help anywhere!
i have this exact problem right now .
ive had it before too , but this time it hurts more .
the last time i had it , it went away in around a day .
your comment was written a while ago . . so if you could help me out it would be greatly appreciated .
I had this exact same problem yesterday. First time it has ever happened. my right inner labia was very swollen red and felt quite hard. The swelling ahs gone down mostly but its not back to normal yet! very worried!! Think its probably due to rough sex but weve been together for almost a year now and it's never happened!   i know your comments were written ages ago but any help would be appreciated, thanks
I'm having this problem right now and i'm sad to say this isnt the first time it;s happened. I'm just glad that I'm not the only one it's happened too. The last time this happened i was swollen so bad that i tore my left side! But i think that it happens because there is not enough lubrication. Ive found that if i have sex right away..right when i'm ready i'm good. But if i'm ready..then get distracted and my boyfriend has ta get me going again..thats when it swells. I think its because of all of the extra rubbing and touching. When mine swells its the lips and clitoris. Its HUGE and painful. But it will go away. Use an ice pack and take ibuprofen to help reduce the swelling. There is a lot of blood flow to that area so it heals quickly. 3 days is the longest ive had it i think. Just look out for cuts or tears...if u have any u may have to go to the Dr to get sum antibiotics to fight off any infection. Hope this helps...Good luck!
Hey chic this is the first time this is happening 2 me I'm in so much pain and its not getting any better this happened about two days ago I'm struggling 2 sit properly or even sleep I can't sleep at night due 2 the pain I really hope it will go away soon and I feel better knowing it is happening 2 other ladies thanks guys and I agree its from dry sex not a lot of lub and constant rubbing...thanks and I feel very sorry 4 any 1 going through this with me coz it *****  
I've had this problem before too. It's soooo uncomfortable. drink A LOT of water, take off your panties and go outside with some loose clothing(long skirt) and get some air up there! :)
my vagina lip is swollen, could it be a bartolin syst