Help? Birth control and cramps.
Hi, I started on my first pack of Levlen Ed birth control pills within 24 hours of my period starting, and had unprotected sex on the 9th day of taking the active pills (the 10th of July). This is the first time I have ever had unprotected sex and he finished inside me. I was wondering if i am protected, and if it is normal that I have had slight on and off cramping for the last 2 days after the sex?
Hi, Most pills say you should wait at least 14 days before unprotected sex! Hopefully you should be fine. Keep on taking your pills and try not to worry too much. Get to the drs if you period doesn't come when you start on the non active pills. Remember to take your pills at a similar time of day. If you get sick you must use condoms until you get your period again.  Good luck
Most pills say you are protected right away if you start taking them the first day of your period. But then, every pill is different so I would double check that. Did your doctor not explain all this to you? Also, it does take a while for your body to get used to the pill, so you should be using condoms for the first month anyway just incase...plus they protect against STD's...the pill does not.