Help! Im worried about this Clear Watery Fluid Gushing out of my Vagina...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Help! Im worried about this Clear Watery Fluid Gushing out of my Vagina?

Hi, I am 23 years old and married. I have three younge children. I also have my tubes tied for about a year. Yesterday and today I have been leaking this Clear fluid from vagina. It started out in smaller amout (more like a leak) but very noticeable, and increased. I have gushed one time,Yesterday and then it seemed to slow down. Today while I was excercising I gushed out such a large volume that I soaked my underwear and my pants. Like, if I had a dress it would have puddled the floor a little, or soaked a pad. I have never had any type of discharge like this befor. It is clear and and very thin, like the consistancy of water, infact i almost couldnt tell the difference if i didnt know. It has No smell and No color. It really feels like when my water broke, but I have my tubes tied so.... I Is it possible to be pregnant, or ectopically pregnant? I am just starting to get concerned. I know that its normal to flush a little fluid from your vagina as your bodys own self cleaning system, but this is nothing like that, this is like *Gushes* of fluid. Can any one help? Does anyone know what this could be? Thankyou.
You should call your doctor. I have never heard of this.
Call your dr asap or go to the er good luck let us know how u get on xx
Well, it could be your bladder.  Have you done a pregnancy test for kicks and giggles? lol  See what the test says.  Go from there.
yea i would go to the doctor. Ive never heard of anything like this either, but does it hurt or burn when it happens or does it just feel like you wet yourself? i would call the doctor asap and see whats going on. I don't think its an ectopic pregnancy because youd more than likely be in pain not wetting yourself.
Are you sure it isn't urine?  After 3 kids it's likely that you have lost some bladder control.  If it concerns you, you should see your doctor.  
Thanks For all the responces. I did call my doctor, and went in to see her. They did a couple tests like urine tests and a manual examination and everything came back fine. They basically dont know what it was, my doctors words exactly was "this was just very weird"! It hasnt happened again so far, though i havent participated in any very strenuous excersise since. I dont know what i was, i hope its not going to be an issue with excersise! all the doctor really said was to try to ease up to the intensity level of exersise more slowly, but she also said that she really didnt have any idea, so... Yeah, I have 3 kids so I have had alot of things go on down there including some lost of bladder control (like sneezing and times like that) so I know that feeling also, definatly wasnt that. Thanks Again to all who Posted Their replys :)
I had something very similar happen last night!! My boyfriend and I had sex yesterday afternoon and around one fifteen in the morning water just came gushing out - a lot of water, enough that if I were pregnant would have thought it was my water breaking. However knowing I am not pregnant I thought that I had started bleeding, that was the feeling when you start your period suddenly and you can feel the blood drop and come gushing out. I jumped up and ran for the bathroom. When I sat on the toilet the same thing happened, it came gushing out again...however no blood...clear odorless liquid.....kinda freakin out!!! Nothing like this has ever happened...and the amount of liquid that came out...don't think it could be sexually related...especially to hold it in for twelve hours...but don't want to waste the money going to the doctor if it is nothing....
I haven't had any kids, my tubes are not tied, I havent had sex in weeks and I gushed x 2 within hours of each other. Wtf is this?? I'm 32.
I can relate. I also have 3 kids, have had my tubes tied and every now and then I will gush or leak clear, odorless fluid. Just like you said, it is like when your water breaks. I have to change several times a day. No itching, burning, etc. Just random amounts of liquid. Feels like you've started your period. It's not urine. Urine has an ammonia smell to it and this has either no odor or kind of a sweet smell like amniotic fluid at times. I am not pregnant that I know of. (tubes tied) I have a menstrual period every month. No idea what it is or why it happens. Maybe hormonal changes throughout ovulation..?
Hi i am intrigued that your doctors said "thats weird", it is why i have not yet told my doctors, i have no other symptoms and no pain and it is not uring it is coming from the vaginal opening for me, it happened the most volume this very morning, when i was laying down, and mimicked the feeling of a very heavy blood flow during cycle... but it was more, and it gushed, and it was clear, and i was sleeping, dreaming when it started.

After reading what Trasksmom says, i am firming my conviction it is the fluid they say comes from the uretrha but is not urine like when the gspot is pressed in intercourse or intimate activity? I started gushing in thos situations a few years ago, and then this unanticipated "water break" thing has happened at least twice on a totally different day than I was intimate...

Sorry if this is TMI or weird but i have been reading a few similar threads liek this on different web sites and am tired of reading people call it a bladder leak when it is coming from a different opening and odorless...

Wish lady docs knew more aboutt his so we didnt feel so strange :)
I have just had same problem. In the last 3hours I've had 2 gushes of clear fluid, and thought I must have come back in my period (after having my 2nd baby - 7 weeks ago).
Anyone have any diagnosis from Dr?
I'm 26 and this has happened to me in the past while I would be at work (maual labor job) and I would have to put paper towels in my shorts to soak up the fluid. It is the weirdest thing and I don't know if it has something to do with clothing rubbing there (I don't wear panties) or just strenuos activity! Its almost like femail ejaculation without an odor! I had a baby 10 months ago and it is happening again but this time I have cramps so maybe it is hormonal changes but yeah whatever it is....kinda ***** cuz it comes outta nowhwhere and does feel like the start of a menstrual cycle....I was always on birth control for many years(age13-23) but it seemed to start happening when I was off birth control! Keep me posted if anyone has any answers!  
I have two children with my last child I had my tubes tied the next day after I had her.That was 5 years ago....over the past 3 years I have been gushing an unknown fluid. The first year it happen it had the ammonia smell. I thought I was pregnant but I was not. The following the gushing started every day and the smell change (nothing foul but a odor that was different and colorless).This past year I have it 24 hours a day. After I urinate a big gush of fluid comes out that is  not controlled by the bladder. When I sit down or twist my waist to the right i gush out like a squeezed orange. I have not trouble my OB/GYN because I don't want to here that it is some/nothing serious.I am 36 my hormones are rapidly changing as I have more acne now then I was a teen my cycle has been changing. Maybe it just a buildup of fluid in the Fallopian tubes at times I do have slight pain  in the right pelvic area. But that can be due to my tilted hip from when I fell down ceramic stairs.(TMI) I know after having a child we can  have incontinence, however my bladder muscles are strong and I can tell if I have to urinate. This is totally different and annoying
I'm 18, have no children. I've never had sex, but tonight, while I was sleeping, I felt wetness in my pants. I knew it wasn't my period because that ended last week. It was clear odourless fluid the consistensy of water. I'm terrified! Its embarrassing to imagine asking my mom to take me to the gyneacologist! The other month, I had a little bleeding between my period, this also scared me. Is any of this normal?
I believe it is normal but  not talked about, especially by male doctors. I am seeing a female doctor in a few days and am going to print most of our comments to show her it is not just me, but i am sure she will have heard of it. When you get older you may have a man in your life who likes that you can gush during intimate activity but i understand at 18 it is frightening. Women's bodies are wonderful mysteries, i think male doctors can encourage fear of the unknown, sorry for rambling, and best wishes...
I am not sure if anyone is still following this but it is the most current post on this situation that I have seen. I am 31 years old and have 3 children but my youngest is 7. I woke up this morning to what I thought was that I had wetted the bed so I naturally got right up ran to the bathroom and as soon as I sat down more of this liquid came gushing out. I have an IUD and have had regular periods. It is just like what you all have experienced clear odorless liquid and this has never happened to me before so yes a little freaking out. I was wondering if anyone has found out what this is. I thought maybe it had something to do with a urinary tract infection because I had the systems of that but after the gush I am now experiencing cramps like I am going to start my period which is due to start today.Was really hoping one of you had found out more information on this since your last post.
This first start happening while having sex. The penis pressed against something or rubbing something inside the vagina that makes me gush water and believe me, I always use the restroom before I have sex if possible. there is no odor or color etc. I've had a few men and it doesn't happen with every male. I think it depends on position and the form of the penis. I've been active for 6 yrs and the gushing happened my 2yr of being active and even when I'm not having sex I have episodes. Man, its frustrating to have pantie liners to prevent soiling your clothes but I also found that it was Bacteria Vaginouses it is treated with antibotics and it does decrease the amount of fluid. I've told my OBGYN so many times this is weird and it is excessive. I did my own research and told her I think I have BV and she said naw it doesn't have an odor but once i told her to do a culture it was. Antibotics is all thats needed for 2weeks. Now, having sex I still run like a faucet. Again, I believe thats because of the penis and the position also what its rubbing against. Hopefully, this helps all or give an idea. By the way never pregnant and don't do hard labor only 24
Vaginosis has nothing to do with the watery liquid that gushes out for some during sex (or for others of us on here, when not having sex) - I looked it up when it began happening to me when with a man, I think it's related to the urethra and the g spot, same water source as urine but NOT urine, no smell or color, different opening.

It is not the liquid that leaks when you have vaginosis or another infection...  

Many men LIKE making their lady gush, and I learned it was not urine the first time i did it that way, and that it can increase if that magic spot is triggered more or you link it to other forms of arousal...  

However, i find when i am not in a relationship/orgasming regularly, and  I excercise (I was extremely active this weekend at heavy lifting and housework this weekend), i found in addition to perspiration there is a little gushing sensation there that makes me run to the bathroom because it will NOT stay on a liner- it is ounces, 2-20 at a time

My Gen Practitioner seemed embarrassed but ignorant when I asked her about it and so I will speak to a female gynecologist soon to see if she knows, i think the fact our docs don't know speaks to the medical professions history of minimizing the mysteries of the female body.

Wonder if Dr. Christiane Northrup has ever addressed this topic?
the same thing happends to me but i have no kids..
Same thing happened to me. me nd my boyfriend had sex last night (he did not pull out because were trying to start a family) and when i woke up this morning I gushed that clear liquid, its happened a few times now im getting kinda worried,
Same thing happened to me today in the grocery store. Quite embarrassing - to say the least. I thought I had unexpectedly started my period.

Gushing fluid, clear, odorless - strong sweet smell. I am 27, on a birth control pill (have been for about ten years), have never been pregnant and have never had a baby. I am a tad worried. No cramping. Slept for 6hrs straight after work. Had a headache and felt exhausted throughout the entire work day. Had painful cramping the night before - thought this was due to an unsettling ham salad acquired from a local food bank. Period is not due for about four days. Doubled up on my birth control pills yesterday, as I had missed a day. Took one pill in the morning and one at night. I had doubled up on the BC pills a week or so ago, as well. Have never had the gushing G spot orgasm that some are speaking of. Have been married to the same man for 7yrs. Have been under a great deal of stress over the last year.
This happened to me today. My doctor of 20 years said it happens when you have/had bacterial vaginosis. Never been pregnant but feels like a bag of water burst. I know women with BV who aren't sexually active so BV can impact anyone although its higher in sexually active women. Dr said this "gush" of clear, watery fluid is very common. Lastly, it has nothing to do with sex. For me seems to happen most during ovulation.
I had this happen to me all day today and I am 34 with no kids. I had sex last night and squirted which I just realized I can do. All day today my pants have been soaking as if I was preggers and my water broke. How long will this continue? I feel like something popped lol. There is no smell and it is literally like a water baloon popped in my pants it is so annoying.
Do you guys bathe or take showers? I noticed that this only happens to me after a long bath. Several minutes later.
It is a strange occurrence indeed, and even stranger that many are having the episode after sex.  It happened to me over a year ago. I had a fight with a family member and he took my car keys. I jumped out of the car and gave chase, and almost immediately a huge gush of fluid was released from my vagina. I was shocked at how fast it came out and that alone told me it was not urine. I know pee, and it did not smell like pee. It was odorless. I am 47 and have yet to have another episode, but I notice I am no longer able to hold my bladder as I once was as if my bladder has stretched. I was hoping to find some sort of answer on this site.
Help me ! I'm having these exact symptoms but I'm only 10 weeks pregnant! I also have stabbing in my lower back? Is everything okay? Shall I call Someone!? I don't yet have a midwife or a doctor?
You need to go straight to the er now and make sure your ok. Go now!!
Hi there,
Im 33 years old and i have had these same symtoms (symptoms) as many of you on here and I have been tyning to figure out what the clear fluid is. Ive recently had sex and my G-spot was stimulated for a little while not fully to the point where i leaked out. Yet I climaxed the usual way. Two days later Im gushing and i know its not pee. I wonder if it because i have'nt fully relased that G spot build up sexualy, thats why this is happening I dont know it just a thought.
hi.....im 26 & have 2 kids.....last night the same some of you described happened to me.....i was sleeping & woke up at 5am all wet...but it was not pee.....its was more like if my water broke feeling...except...im not pregnant -_____- .. i went to the bathroom & still gushed some more...& my bladder was still full so i certanly know its not pee.....i dont know what to do.....but i havent slept since that happened.....im freaking out......(my husband thinks i just peed so hes relaxed)
There has to be someone out there who knows what this is!  This started happening to me a couple of times a year when I was in my late teenage and early 20's, sexually active, with no kids.  I would be driving down the street, and have a random GUSH - clear, odorless liquid and no other symptoms of anything else going on.  It's definitely NOT urine.  I'm now 31 with one child and it hasn't happened since my late 20's.  I'm also not as sexually active and no longer on birth control pills, which may play a role in this phenomenon.

From the research I have done I feel strongly that it's related to hormones or some sort of mild vaginal infection...or BOTH!  Some women are just more prone to vaginal infections than others, which I've read is related to hormones and pH levels.  I never takes baths, for this reason.  I bathe immediately after exercise, for this reason.

Going to check back in here form time to time and see if anyone comes up with a cause/solution.
ive had this since yesterday, i thought i had gone on a period which i havent had in over 4 years has ive gone through the menapouse. it has happened several times since then, there is no pain i just feel a little bloated. ive now resorted to wearing a pad and hoping it will stop soon. im 49 and sexually active but ive never had this before to this extent.
I just had a bath and when i was drying off i had my leg on the tub drying my leg off.than out of no where a fluid came gushing out of me.it wasnt urine.cause it wasnt yellow.well now after that happened im having small cramps like im bout to start.ugh im confused i dont want to go to the doctors.unless i have too.
it is natural,,,it happens to almost all women..Sounds like cervical fluid, which is perfectly normal around 2 weeks from getting your period. If you were trying to get pregnant, this is something you'd really want!! The watery cervical fluid allows sperm to swim more easily to your ovaries, and therefore you would have a better chance of getting pregnant now if you had sex. Some women try to do everything possible to get this - what is referred to as "egg white" cervical fluid - drink lots of water, take robitussin for example. If you found that you were drinking a lot of water the past week or so, maybe that's why all of a sudden you discovered it? Also, were you on the birth control pill? If you were, then went off it, you'll find that this happens.
all of you would be very surprised to know that any  muslim woman knows about this water > you cant stop it >> it is related with intimate relation or simply at night when sleeping.
this water's characteristics shown in riligious books are identical with what tou you discribed: thin likewater , clear , odourless or with slight odor
and it can happens with any adultoman
so its normal , dont worry. but just doesnt happen with all women

excuse my language cause I'm not english native speaker
hi, was shocked to read so many woman experience this exact same thing i was going through for the past 3 days. Im 32, had a miscarriage 2 months ago and trying to fall pregnant again, therefore every little change in my body makes me so nervous. My first thots were, like many of you, feels like my water broke, even told my husband that this morning. i have been very active sexually and physically recently - just to ensure my body is in prime condition to fall pregant. This sudden gush is watery, clear, sweet smelling and a bit sticky on the thighs when drying up, happens when i sleep, or suddenly at any random time during the day, about 3 times a day. i would really appreciate if a doctor could advise on this forum.
same wth me i am 19, have never had sex and have  extremely irregular periods.. and some sort of water just leaked! i am nt even sure if its from vagina or frm the anus. but it drenched my underwear and even my pant. this has happnd fr the scnd time.. i ddnt even realise till it drenched me.
Know from friends that I have had that experienced similar things sometimes even though you have had your tubes tied they will re Gro and mend themselves allowing you to carry more children it is rare but very possible I would get medical attention immediately especially if it is that is you're saying it is it seems like you may have just had your water break
This just happened to me in the early a.m and it was concerning enough for me to search for it on the internet. It makes me so angry that no one knows the answer to this, as it's yet another example of how women's health issues are ignored when it comes to granting funds for research.  In 2011, 2012, and 2013 we should not be GUESSING what's wrong with us.

I have not been sexually active for 2 years, so for those people that are saying that it's connected to physical intimacy, its not the case. I have one child, who is 12 years old.  The fact that it's also happening to the 18 year old virgin tells me that it's nothing related to having had children also.

Probably the closest answer that I have seen was from Kakashka. At least it's a lead. Will go research cervical fluid leaks to see if can get closer to an answer.
This has been happening to me too. I wake up in a wet pool. It is clear, liquidity water consistency. Not Urine. I too went to Doctor. They did urine tests on me too. Also ultra sound on my ovaries. Both came back normal. They don't know what it is. The things I can think of with lack of professional diagnosis is, something to do with my thyroid meds this started happening around same time I started my thyroid med., or I stopped taking prozac about five years ago was on prozac for 10 years, during that ten years, i had no sex drive no orgasms. now my sex drive has come back and maybe this is somehow linked to my body not being able to orgasm for ten years. Do you have either of these issue in common with me?  
Adding some extra info after reading some of the posts. I am post-menopause and 50 years old. This started happening a couple of years age. Also I have not sexually active with a partner in over, lets just say a long time. I do have orgasms on my own quite often. I am embrassed to admit all this but I would really like to find out what is wrong with all of us.
Perhaps there is nothing "wrong" with us and we are quite normal.  Maybe it is just a question of not being able to explain it.  This has been happening to me for a week and I am going to see my practice nurse today for swabs, to rule out anything sinister.  Mine started 12 hours after sex, in the middle of the night, a leak of clear odourless fluid that soaked the bed.  Physical symptoms are the same as having a period: cramp, bloating etc.  and I did have 2 days of bleeding in the middle of this episode, but it has gone back to  the clear odourless liquid again.  I am sexually active, thought I was post menopause but now not sure(!) and have 2 children.
Maybe it isn't anything "sinister."   Let's think positive here.
hi, i'm 17, 18 in 2 months, and i have just experienced this. I had just got out of the bath when the water-like liquid came from me when i was drying off, again it was odorless and now i have cramps, i am due on my period in the next 2 - 4 days and am sexually active with my boyfriend of nearly 2 years, i was so scared and i'm really nervous about it happening again, does anyone have any advice?
This gushing clear liquid from my vaginia just happened the me and it has been over 12 hours since my last orgasm. I am 35 with three children. My period has been off for two weeks. My tubs were tied 7 years ago. I am experiencing hormonal changes with pimples and I was treated for BV 6 months ago. The biggest change that I've noticed is gas pains that maybe cyst that burst in my uterus. Can't remember the medical name for this, but my gynecologist says its' very common and most women don't experience pain when it happens.
Thank you muswom it is interesting i had a dream in which i was with Indian women (I am American) and it was really about the miracles of womanhood, i wonder why it is so mis-understood here, what books might i look at for these references? Thanks so much, Michelle
I found this page evades I just had this happen to me. I have a 2 year old and am not pregnant. I slept a solid 7 hours which I haven't done in months. I woke up and it felt like I got my period the second I sat up. I knew it couldn't be my period because I had it last week. It just gushed out of me and down my legs while I ran to the bathroom. No odor and no color and no consistency. Just water. I haven't had sex in weeks, so I know it's nothing like that. Very strange. .
I'm 26 years old with no children. The same thing happened to me around 5am. Woke up felt wet in my panties. Thought it was swet but it wasn't. My bottoms was soaked and so were my bed sheets. No pain at the time just only small stomach cramps. Idk why this happened, very nervous.
I just had this happen to me 3 times last night! I'm 26 and 3 weeks postpartum with my 2nd baby (repeat c-section). My bleeding has pretty much stopped, but my first thought when it happened was that it was blood. When I got up to change clothes I saw that it was clear fluid. It happened 2 more times before I got up for the day and so far it hasn't since, but I do feel like there is pressure behind my urethra (almost like a lump in my vagina). Being that I'm postpartum I don't want to do any self-examination since there could be a risk of infection, but I really want to know what the lump feeling is. My next OB appointment isn't until the  14th, but I'll for sure be asking about it.
im 15 and it happend to me... im so young though!! i stood up in the middle of the night cause i was soaked and it just kept coming out!!! 3 times in 4 hours. i dont know what it is
This is the second time this has happened to me. I'm 37 w 2 children. The first time happened 3-4 years ago. Both times occurred soon after a shower. I must confess that I peed in the shower and completely relaxed my pelvic muscles. I'm a midwife and I think this has to do with the g-spot. This clear odorless fluid leaking out of the vagina has absolutely nothing to do with bacterial vaginosis which is an infection that has a very distinct fishy smell. On a side note, I brought this up to my female OBGYN who had never heard of it and made me feel as though I was a freak. Definitely more research is needed on the g-spot!!
I'm 32 and I have this problem every month clear odorless fluid, I also get abdominal pain the pain is very intense it last up to three days I've been to the ER several times they saw all the fluid coming out and surrounding my uterus but couldn't find the problem the last time I went they said it was a cyst that fills up and burst and I need surgery I still deal with iright today
I thought something was wrong with me. Mine happens during ovulation. I am 38 and I have three kids. When it happens I have to change underwear and trousers and I have resorted to wearing liners during my ovulation. I have a Dr.s appointment next week. I am going to ask my Dr. about it. I also take thyroid medication so I thought it may be related to my thyroid but I've only seen one other person say that they take thyroid meds.
After scanning the recent additions and all the replies again, I am still in shock...  There is one nice woman from India or a Muslim (please tell me more) and a couple midwifvs or medical professionals it seems who say it is normal, and 50 more baffled or bewildered people (including our own doctors).  Hoping Americans and the world in general can get better female body knowledge out there so less young girls (and perimenipausal women) are made to feel scared...  FYI an orgasm can happen in your sleep so it does not matter if you are a virgin or non-active sexually, it is not a cyst or a vaginal infection lol...  Thanks again, M.
I experienced the same thing yesterday...hope this helps ladies..

Htttp://m.wisegeek.org/what-are-the-common-causes-of-watery-vaginal-discharge.htm
My episode happened 4hrs post sex. Intercourse...I was on top so there was alot of stimulation...I am in my week of ovulation...however I do exercise alot..
Im 27 with two kids and am having the same kind of thing. I had a gush of clear fluid. I went directly to the bathroom and when I wiped it off it was a slimy texture. No odor no color just clear slimy like liquid. I had to practically use a roll of toilet paper before it finally stopped. What is this? Also I'm not pregnant. My hubby had a vasectomy 6m onths ago and I'm still on birth control. Want to make sure that **** works before I go off the pill. Haha please help if you have found out what this is. Thank you
I do not have kids. And this is happening to me. What do I do???
http://m.wisegeek.org/what-are-the-common-causes-of-watery-vaginal-discharge.htm

This article explains great what going on :)
Sorry for being toooooo late in responding to your question, but I sort of posted my reply and forgot about it !! Only now I happened to see your reply for me !! Accept my deep apology.
It's hard for me to name books for you because I'm arabian muslim and don't know certain names of islamic books in english. I think you can ask any islamic center or even google about books in islamic ( fiq'h al- ibadat ). thats the arabic word for the branch of islamic knowledge that relates to discribing the details of performing islamic acts of Worship. you would wonder what is the relation with our discussion . Simply in islam man and woman must purify their bodies in able to be ready to perform certain acts of worship.. One way of doing this is by taking an obligatory full shower after having sex OR after ejaculation , here we come to our discussion point , every muslim not only scolars , learn in early stages of their life , as soon as they become adults, That man and woman both experience ejaculation . Not only man. It deffers in the way it gushs , in colour , odor , and consistency . But both are same in relating to sexuall act or it may happen during sleeping. This information is NOT a result of some islamic research . It is shown in our prophet muhammed teachings (Sunnah) 1400 years ago, which we Muslims believe that they are basically the teachings of God been delivered to mankind not only muslims , through the last prophet muhammed ( pbuh) . So we really believe that the Creator of the whole universe . The whole mankind , the Creator of man and woman , Is a much better resource for information about any matter . No matter how developed medical science is, there is so many information yet to be discovered . And some of resently proven facts are 1400 years ago mentioned in God's book for mankind ( Quran) or islamic holy book. I encourage you to search for scientific miracles in Quran and Sunnah. You will find some intersting information.
Hope that you found my  answer useful and clear . And forgive my weak language !!!
Here you are !!! The fact of woman fluid or female ejaculation is proven in islamic texts 1400 years ago:

In a tradition related to the Prophet, that is narrated by his wife Um Salamah:
Um Sulaim came to Allah’s messenger [peace be upon him] and said,‘Is it necessary for a woman to take a bath after she has a wet dream [nocturnal discharge]?’ The Prophet replied, ‘Yes, if she notices a discharge’. Um Salamah then covered her face [shyly] and asked, ‘O Allah’s messenger! Does a woman get a discharge [fertile fluid]?’ He replied, ‘Yes and that is why the child also resembles the mother’.
Wow i thought i was alonethis happen to me while i was pregnant and after the doctor told me it was pre abortion water
I have the same thing for over three years I have seen my OBGYN she didn't have any answers  only that she had other women complain of the same thing .. I am going back to see her next week  because I think it's either a PH imbalance or   Thinking that the natural lubricant is downing down due to hormone imbalance . a PH imbalance below 4.7 the discharge will be a thick chessy. Above that number it will be you guessed it ( Watery fluid ..it will brake it down .. And hopefully after I see my doc I will have positive answers ..

My name is Natty, I'm 35 yrs old, I have 5 kids (oldest is 20 youngest is 7) and I've been experiencing what everyone is describing here for about 10+ years. At first it scared me and I went to see a doctor, got tested for everything under the sun and had several examinations done including an ultrasound. Everything was normal.
            A little frustrated that people were looking at me like I was crazy I just started keeping a record of everything that went on with my va-jay-jay lol and ironically enough within seven months I started to see a pattern. This was only happening half hour to an hour after intercourse or masterbation (masturbation). It would start with a bloating feeling as if I had trapped gas somewhere (which is what i thought it was for a long time) in my lower abdomen. within a couple hours of that bloated feeling the gush came, randomly either in one gush or a few small gushes. Almost odor less and with the consistency of water. Because of this pattern I'm speculating that this is most likely related to the G-spot being stimulated but not achieving a G-spot climax because although clitoral orgasms are a piece of cake for me I've never been able to G-spot orgasm.

Hope this helps :)
Everyone, this is common.  It's called Female Ejaculation and it's nothing to be worried or ashamed of, many would consider you lucky to have the experience.  You don't even have to have an orgasm for your body to produce this clear, scentless liquid.  It's produced by the paraurethal glands, which swells up like a sponge if you stimulate the G-spot and will sometimes squirt out during orgasm, or sometimes leak out after sex, sometimes for hours if you really stimulated it.
Google it if you want more info.
And, enjoy yourself!
I'm 59 years old, and post menopausal.  This has been happening to me for about two months now.  I went to my gyno and he said it's caused by  vaginal dryness, and that its the body's way of keeping itself moisturized.  He did an examination, and told me that it is nothing to worry about.  He could give me pills or vaginal creams to stop it, but it's harmless.  Hope this makes you relax.
I have had it gush while just walking in the store. No sex has nothing to do with that completely different discharge, sweet in smell and a little sticky. I know it's not urine. I am keeping a diary when it happens seems to be right before ovulation. And not every time I think it could be cis busting in stead of ovulating eggs like in women with pcos
I'm 29 have 3 kids and an iud. This has been happening to me whether ir not I'm aroused or sexually active.  I found an article I found helpful,  hope it helps someone else! http://blog.kindara.com/blog/cervical-fluid-and-fertility
I'm 37 (38 in 5 months), have 2 kids, tubes tied now for 7 years (got it done when they found a cyst the size of a baseball on my left ovary and they removed the ovary), divorced, been with my boyfriend for 7 years and not always sexually active. I've had this "gush/drip" for several years, every day almost all day long. In fact I wouldn't be to sure if I didn't have it before I was even pregnant the first time 14 years ago.  I mentioned it one time to my Dr and the response was here is a pill to shove up ya.  Um no thank you!  So I've just dealt with it and when on about my way.  It's embarrassing especially being at work when it happens 90% of the time and I feel like I have to hide it or go sit down in my chair to "block" for lack of better word it from still gushing.  And yes it does feel like you are starting your period.  My periods ever since my surgery 7 years ago only last 2 and 1/2 days and are middle to light.  No cramps with them anymore, and I never really know when it's time because it's constantly changing, so I'm constantly checking.  I'm healthy other wise, workout daily, drink lots of water and eat right so yeah it would be nice to know, but I'm done trying to find out.
I also have no kids and this watery liquid came gushing this morning. I haven't did anything, my boyfriend and I had sex the day before yesterday but so far it only happened once. I'm only 16 and my body has NEVER done this before
I am 64, had my tubes tied at about 34, have 3 grown kids and had menopause at 42.  I haven't had sex since 1999.  I had this watery discharge start about 8 years ago and it is virtually constant.  It has nothing to do with sex or fertility for me.  Maybe there is more than one kind of thing being described here, but what you are all saying is very much the same as what I have been experiencing.  I have seen at least 4 doctors and they either shrug me off or humiliate me.  It was very heavy when it began and is much lighter now.  I have to wear a pad at all times!  I figured my best guess was a low grade infection or some weird reaction to a toxin (or a menopausal thing women have kept secret because it was too personal to discuss).  So, I took goldenseal many times over the years because its good for both things and it gradually slowed down and even stopped for 1 to 3 days a couple of times.  I recently took an antibiotic for an unrelated reason and it stopped for a whole week!  But, now its back.  I won't go to doctors for it again, they just think I'm crazy and imagine it or I'm trying to get attention.  I am really glad to have found this page.  I thought I was the only one.
I am 31 years old and a mother to a 7 year old. I am not on any birth control and I have not had sex in 7 months. I also have the same problem but with me I am like a dripping tap, this water like fluid is constant, I wear a pad everyday for the past 2 years as a panty liner gets soaked too quickly. I have been to 3 different gynea's and none of them have been able to treat this. It is quite a relief to know that I am the only one but its sad to see that no one can treat this. If anyone has been lucky please share.
Thank you muswom for both of your posts - and this time it's me who apologizes for the long delay... Your answers (both of them) have meant a great deal to me and I wish we could talk more!  Thanks and best (and your English is wonderful by the way!)
Thank you Natty - it helps a lot!

And to the women who have posted they are not yet sexual or over with sex i don't think the body works that way...   It will react in waking or sleeping hours to natural desires to be stimulated and release.  

Personally as an overweight lady in between relationships I have had to self stimulate (yes masturbate) on top of a waterproof pad to get rid of tons and tons (and tons) of water on occasion that i suspect was adding to my backache lol...  Oh well,

Smiles, it's mother nature- Michelle :)
Tyesse - Thank you, that article to me was helpful and frankly amazing - all girls should see it - and all women... I thought I was an odd child needing pantiliners since before I knew what they were!  I was just fertile! lol...  M :)