Help!! My Hair Is Falling Out!!
Just had my first child 4 months ago and i am breastfeeding and my hair is falling out like crazy.  i cant run my fingers through my hair without a handfull coming out.  What is going on. How can it stop this. Is this normal??
My aunt told me that her hair was falling out a lot too after she had her babies. she said the doctor had told her it was normal for that to happen.
I read in my pregnancy book that it is normal and that during pregnancy women dont tend to shed hair that much and that after the baby is born you lose the hair that you didnt during pregnancy :)
It is called 'postpartum alapecia'.  I had it with both of my children.  Chunks of hair were lost, which I didn't mind since I have so much of it.
I also had it with both kids.  It will grow back soon.
In addition, IT WILL STOP FALLING OUT, I PROMISE!  It should stop soon since your already 4 months postpartum.
My hair fell out by the handfulls after having each of my children.  I often told my hubby I had lost enough hair to donate a wig to St. Judes.  Even my Granny noticed when I was visiting her.  She was really concerned too.  :)  I also breastfeed, though trying to ween a little now.  :(    My youngest is 15 months and the hair loss is just now slowing down.  Medical research says during prenancy, your hair goes through the grow and rest phases.  After delivery, the "fall out" phase kicks back in due to hormones.  All that "resting" hair begins to fall out as your cycle (hair) gets back to normal.  Some women do have a clinical dx and get bald spots, though I only know of 2.  One had the prob before pregnancy.  Blessings to you!!  
It's very normal for hair to fall out after pregnancy. Your pregnant hormones hold in extra hair. After the baby comes, poof all your pregnant hair falls out. It's depressing! Most likely it will just go back to it's pre-pregnant hair, but if more falls out than it will come back.

If you continue to have your hair fall out several times... be sure to get your thyroid tested!
My hair falls out around the same time every year. Handfulls and handfulls in the shower. I thought I was going crazy until I asked my hair dresser she told me it was normall and not to worry. Her exact words "sometimes your hair sheds like a dogs" That was 3years ago and I am as healthy as a horse
Yes, This is normal.  I  had a baby last year,and my hair did the same thing.  Try taking some prenatal vitamins,and this will lessen the amount of hair that falls out. Also,make sure to eat a lot of healthy snacks like cheese crackers,granola bars,grapes and other fruits,cottage cheese,while you are nursing. Drink plenty of water,milk,and juice too.  You might have to wash your hair more often now that you have a baby. If your hair is long,than you might want to get a hair cut to a length that will keep it out of the way enough to keep the baby from spitting up in your hair when you burp him or her.