Help Please..burning sensation
Is a constant burning sesation a possible symptom of a UTI?  I have had to urinate quite frequently lately.  From all the times I woke up the night before last, and all during yesterday I peed a total of 15 times.  Is that normal?  or too much?  I have recenly had BV and nothing seemed to stop this annoying burning sensation that I seem to have.  then I noticed that I pee more and was wondering if it's not actually the BV anymore, it's a UTI or something?  I just a very annoying sensation that is hard to explain.  Sometimes its hard to tell if it's from my vagina/vulva or my urethra... i just dont know.  The last test the doc did showed that there was no bacteria in my discharge, which is leading me to believe that either I'm crazy and don't remember what normal is or it's something else.  Please Help!!  I have been abstaining from sex for almost 4-5 months now due to this constant burning, wearing pants is uncomfortable.  I just don't know anymore.
Well, I know when I have a UTI, I feel the need to go more frequently, but hardly anything comes out.  Then there's the tale tale low back pain, the urethra feels swollen and tender and just a general feeling of ickiness all over.  How long has it been since you stopped medication for the BV, as it takes a while for everything down there to resume normality?
Having had recurring UTI's, it sounds like it to me. I'm no expert, only a fellow-sufferer of such symptoms, and what always cured me was drinking lots of cranberry juice and even taking cranberry supplements in capsule forms. Hope this helps
I totally understand the overall ickiness. I would go get a urine sample done asap because it will only get worse! I have no idea what BV is but, it's a good idea that you see a OBGYN and a urologist. I see both... I suffer from chronic pelvic pain and UTI's. Sorry you feel bad! I know it's tough!
Yes, and you can also take the AZO Standard tablets.  You can get them at the drug/grocery store.  They help with the tenderness on the urethra and does help even get rid of it, if it is a mild case.  Beware though, it will turn your pee orange ;-)
Thank you all for the responses.  I have taken a 7day and a 10 day dose of Flagyl, that was within the past 2 - 3 months, then finished a 2 day treatment of metrogel last sunday.  I did give a urine sample and am waiting for the test results.  They said they are doing a urine culture, which takes longer than the urinalysis and it checks everything...I'm not too sure, but results should be in my Tuesday, so yet another weekend with this annoying thing.  I have been taking acidophillous supplements like crazy thinking it is the BV, but I just wish it would go away.  I don't notice a lot of discharge like I had previously, just a burning sensation that seems to come and go.  Thanks again for the advice.  I'll start on the cranberry juice too...
I had the same exact problem, I couldn't tell if it was coming from my bladder or my vaginal area. I went to the doctor and nothing came up in the tests for a UTI or yeast or bacterial infection. He did a pelvic exam and basically figured out where the pain was coming from and it was my urethra. I had urethritis, which he said usually only men get  because a women's urethra is so short. I'm not sure about the tests your getting but the one they did for my UTI tests for the white blood cell count which should be high if there is an infection, but it wouldn't show up in the case of urethritis because there just isn't a lot of room for white blood cells to go in the urethra. This is just what my doctor told me, but anyway, he gave me the antibiotic tetra cyclene (spelling?) and it got better right away. I know what it's like to be frustrated.
Okay lately I have had vaginal bleeding, and no itching or burning when urinating.  I am not pregnant and have no STD's.  When I take Azo Standard it clears everything up.  For a few weeks i was back in perfect condition, but then I went to a theme park yesterday and before I left I had blood with vaginal discharege again.  And again I came home and took Azo and it cleared it up again.  I do not know why this is happening.  My doctor says that vaginal discharge is normal, but not with blood Im sure.  So if anyone can help me, please do.  I drink water everyday, I eat right, and I have not had unprotected sex.  I always use condoms.  And I only have sex with one person anyways.  If anyone knows what this could be, please let me know asap!