Help! embarrassing question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Help! embarrassing question

I am 20 years old and I am having a problem with my left Labia. It is larger and hangs lower than normal, it is also turning a darker color.  I'm getting very scared that it might be something serious.  also I have small bumps around the vagina area that hurt to the touch, but are new after having sexual intercourse last night which was dry, so I'm not sure if it could be that.   I am currently sexually active and always wear protection.  I have had a pap and it came out clear.
Sometimes one lip of labia ia larger and darker than the other. Regarding the bumps, it can be due to irritated hair follicles after intercourse. Apply warm compresses,Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it.You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen.If the lumps persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.