Help please...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Help please...

Ok so I've been having my period every single month except this month. I was 20 days late. I was suppose to start around the 6th or 7th. But I never did. And I started getting pregnancy symptoms. So on the 16th I took a test but it was negative. And I still had symptoms. On the 24th (yesterday) I started my period... So I guess what im asking is why did I have symptoms? And why was my period so late? What could be wrong?
Oh and im 20 and never been pregnant...
It could be anything really. When mine was late, it was always due to stress & anxiety.
Well im not stressed... And im not sure really what anxiety is...
anxiety is being anxious. Stress can be a factor in having anxiety. It is the nerviness and worrying of a certain turn of events and stressful situations that you could face day to day even.
Periods can be delayed by weather factors, stress/anxeity, diet, large amounts of exercise!..

Can anyone suggest anything for my concern? please?
** Virgin, and no sexual activity. and no infections. I saw a gyno and was told that I was being irritated to the soap, fabric softer or the tightness of my clothes. I wear loose fitting cotton underwear. I had mentioned to them that i was experiencing mainly pinchy like sensations and achy where inner labias meet clit. I had cleaned there almost everyday in a warm bath, which I was told not to clean so deaply because vagina is self cleaning and it has a certain PH. But with the small amount of build up that I am to allow, I feel as if I had a small piece of toilet paper between the clit and left inner labia. It was a sensation like minor pin like pokes, I'd hardly call it pinching. But more like a dragging of a fine needle too, just like something was there. So I had gently cleaned only that side off build up, and no longer had that feeling when I was sitting. But sometimes during the time of ovulating and or just before my period, when I walk I can get a scraping like skratch, like a dragging of the two tissues against eachother, and it is quiet painful. It only happens during a couple steps that I take, and it fades away when I slow down my walking. This is the most form of pain I can get. Is this because I cleaned the build up away a day ago? Or is it because I am expecting my period any day now? Oh, I can sometimes be slitghly itchy but I dont feel the need to skratch or rub it away. My secretions are normal, im told. PLease answer, thanks!! Any suggestions as to what this can be and/or what I can do to make it better please?
@ paige - I'm not real sure what it could be besides just irritation. If there is nothing "stuck" in there or any kind of infection (uti or vaganal), I have no idea. I know if you masturbate frequently by stimulating the clit, it might get sore. other than those, I dunno.

@ hiswifey - sometimes people are stressed and don't really know it because they aren't really paying attention to it & they just think its everyday life stuff. But new exercise programs, change in diet, lack of exercise, drinking, smoking, and many other things can make you late.