Herpes ???? - Can it be passed this way????
Ok this is a little embarrassing even for me (I do NOT embarrass easily) BUT....My mom has herpes - She found out a year ago - Well anyway she does get a little raw and itchy (don't ask why she shares this info with me) sometimes and uses a Johnson's Baby Cream - Now I don't know if she has ever used this during an outbreak but the ?????? is - I was over there the other day with DS (he is 22 months) and I was changing his diaper - His little bum was a little red again and I forgot my diaper cream - My mom let me use some of her stuff - She gave me a q-tip and I used a tiny bit - If she has used this stuff during an outbreak can my son get it????  I am freaking out now - Thanks ladies.
No way. Herpes is a sexually transmitted disease, which means you have to have sex to get it ;-) You can't get it from cream she used, her soap, a toilet seat, etc.
Thanks Monkeyflower - I was not sure if she had touched an open sore then put her finger in the container if that could spread anything - Thanks again.  I guess I don't know much about this :o)
You can get herpes from any sore that has not scabbed over. You can get it from kissing, touching any contact with the sore. My sisters husband has had it for over 25yrs and she has not gotten it due to diligence when he has a breakout. I would let your ds doctor know and maybe have him tested.  Don't take a chance.
Did you know that herpes can stay dorment in someones body for up to ten or more years?
It's harder then people think to get Herpes... I was overseas in a third world country and I know someone who has herpes and know one caught it from a toilet seat or lotion.
You cannot catch herpes from a toilett seat.  Please read up on the possible ways of transmission before you put the scare factor into people.  I would start with the STD forum on this site.  Monkeyflower is very knowledgeable on this subject and may come back and clarify a bit more.

Your son did not get herpe's from your mother.  Please do not worry about it.
my friends boyfriend got herpies simplex 2 or something like that when she was working at a bar, from using his hands when handling glasses and after people drank from them.   He did oral to his girlfriend and now she has it.. Dont ask me how that works but that is what her doctor told her.
herpes is VERY easily transmitted..It can be transmitted to skin contact not only with the sores but with hands that had recently scratch or touched a sore w/o washing ones hands..and yes it's true that you can pass it on when you drink on someone's glass..and plus you can trasmit it even though there is no symptoms..
Ick!
I will note the passing it on with no symtoms is possible but not very likely.
No, Heavenkittykat13, none of that is true.  It is not that easy to catch.

Please read the STD forum and get your fact right.
Nobody EVER got herpes from a toilet seat. No one EVER got genital herpes or any other STD from toilet seats, towels, clothing, creams, etc. I think many people would like to claim that since there's still such a stigma attached to having a STD (kinda ironic, given almost everyone's contracted at least one), but it just doesn't happen. And while theoretically it's possible to contract herpes from someone touching their sore and then their partner, in reality it just doesn't happen.

If someone contracted herpes via oral, it's probably HSV1. Either way, the guy who worked in a bar didn't get herpes from handling people's glasses, unless maybe he drank after them. Like most people, he probably had HSV1 orally since childhood and transmitted it to your friend via oral sex, probably when he had a cold sore. If your friend really has HSV2 genitally, she probably either 1. contracted it from someone else, or 2. contracted it from this guy's genital HSV2 (which he did NOT get from handling glasses or anything else).

If you're interested in HSV, check out the excellent STD board. Dr. Handsfield is *awesome*.
In regard to herpes transmission, monkeyflower--a regular contributor to the STD forum--is right; Heaveankittykat13 and Nikkipoo are wrong.  Herpes is not all that easy to transmit, and genital herpes is not acquired by nonsexual contact.  Anybody with herpes who claims otherwise either is misinformed, doesn't understand where they were infected, or is looking for a face-saving explanation.

The child in question almost certainly has a garden-variety diaper rash.  There is no reason to suspect herpes, regardless of herpes in whoever changes the diapers.

Blondie72, you are fortunate to have a mother who is comfortable confiding in you about her genital herpes.  If you don't appreciate the significance of that now, someday you will.

HHH, MD

Hi i have a cousin who slept with a guy who had herpes and she got tested and they said she didnt have it but she drank from mi glass what happenes if it didnt show up  in her test n once in a while i get these like things in my mouth that r green like a blister but i neva kissed anyone or had sex what could they be?
Hi, my boyfriend went to the doctor about a sore that he has testicles, he went to 2 doctors that told him that it looks like it could be herpes.  We had unsafe sex in December and he only starts to see the signs in April.

My questions is if u get a pac-swear, wouldn't that show up in that results?

My next question, we are also trying to have kids.  Can we still try to have kids, and if so, how am I going to sure that my child will not get it?

CAN YOU REALLY GET HERPES FROM DRINKING OFF SOMEONE ELSE'S GLASS! a friend of mine found out they have herpes and shares drinks with ppl all the time.

~SCARED
I have herpies. Im scared of changing my daughters diaper. Coukd she get it if i forgot to wash my hands after going to bathroom during an ob? Im very diligent about washing my hands through out the day and after bathroom use.
Can you get herpes if someone who has it spit in your food and mixed it in hoping you would eat it.   I am in such a situation and don't want to dump the contents of my fridge and get a fridge with a lock but I may have to.  I know that this person has it and is trying to give it to anyone he can!