Heterogeneous endometrial stripe

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Heterogeneous endometrial stripe

I am 47 who has been experiencing abnormal menstrual cycles for almost a year.  I've been getting my period about every 18-20 days.  First few days I bleed relatively heavy every time.  My OB sent me for a ultrasound and vaginal ultrasound.    I do have a follow up appointment with my OB in 2 weeks, but was wondering with the findings in the report if I should try to get an earlier appointment.   The reports states as follows:

Uterus measures 12 x 6 x 4 cm in size heterogeneous in echotexture.  Multiple Nabothian cyst.  Right body fibroid measuring 2.5 x 1.8 x 2.1 cm in size.  Right anterior fundal fibroid measuring 1.1 x 1.3 cm in size.  Right posterior fibroid measuring 1.8 x 1.7 cm in size.  The endometrium is heterogeneous in echotexture measuring 1.1 cm in size ill-defined difficult completely characterize.  Correlation clinically.

Right ovary:  Measures 3 x 2 x 2 cm  in size.  Dominant follicle measure 1.4 cm in size.

Left ovary:  Measures 3.3 x 2.2 x 1.6 cm in size

Mild dilatation of the collecting system bilaterally.

Impression:  Enlarged uterus, fibroid uterus, heterogeneous endometrial stripe measuring 1.2 cm in size.  No discrete fluid collection.

I have had ovarian cysts before so I was not surprised by that.  Can you explain if what the fibroids mean and mostly, I would like to know what they mean about the heterogenheous endometrial stripe.  Thank you in advance for your help.
Fibroids are benign tumors of the uterus. The first line of treatment of fibroids is medical treatment. Medications called gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) analogs (Lupron) are commonly used in the medical treatment of fibroids. Other than that surgical treatment myomectomy which is removal of the fibroid (by surgery, laparoscopic or hysteroscopic methods) may also be entertained.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

An enlarged uterus usually means its from the fibroids that are on it or Adenomyosis.

heterogeneous means not of normal form.

Fibroids are just a different type of cyst that needs to be removed
gymdandee commented on Make A Shake That Wil...
41 mins ago
dayna852 commented on Make A Shake That Wil...
KTowne commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals