High Progesterone Levels, Am I Pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I was on my first round of Clomid 50mg and went in for my 21 day progesterone check.  I had to go in a day early for it due to weather and got my results back.  I was at a 26, almost a 27!  Does that mean there is a pretty good chance I am pregnant?  We have been ttc for a year and a half, I would love that!
Not necessarily, my friend just had hers checked and it was 30 yet her period still came a few days later. I sure hope you are though.
That sounds really high. i am in my sixthe week of pregnancy, and when they tested mine last week, it was at 17.5 which they said is normal for this far along. Check with your Dr. They may have done an HCG test too, so that might give some better information. Good Luck.
Have you taken an HPT?  Did the doctor test you for pregnancy?
If so, did he do a urine test or a blood test?  Blood tests
are more accurate.  Though with my firstborn, my doctor did
a blood test 9 days before my period was due and it came back
a BFN.  11 days later I had a positive HPT and had my DS
9 months later.
Did you end up testing positive?  I am almost the same timing as you - took first round of Clomid 50mg, went for my 21 day and just was told my level was 23.  I have two days to go until I should start.
After reading everyone elses situation, I finally felt led to share with you mine...
We have been trying to conceive for 2 1/2 years already!I have children from a previous marriage, youngest being 7.We have been basically diagnosed with unexplained infertility.
Started my first round of Clomid 50mg on Feb 13, my Progesterone level on day 21 of cycle was 27. That is a good number I guess. I am two days late on my period, but have symptoms of starting.Including off and on for the last few days a brown discharge/spotting.
So here I am always hopeful, but also prepared for another month of disappointment.This has gone on for so long.
Does anyone have a similar story, or possibly started clomid around the same time? I would love to have someone to talk to.
Hey ladies. Believe it or not I am going through the same thing right now.  We have been trying for about 6 years now.  I went to a new doctor and he put me on clomid.  In Jan my levels were 12.1, Feb 12.7, and Monday (3/13) they were 25.2.  The nurse told me that I might be pregnant, or I might just have a better chance of getting pregnant.  I am hoping it is pregnancy.  Good luck, I will be praying for all of you trying.  Please pray for me.
My husband and I miscarried 3 years ago this month and have not been able to conceive since then.  

It seems that I'm in the same boat as everyone else and am trying hard not to lose patience.  I completed my first round of chlomid (50 mg).  Got a call from the nurse which stated that my progesterone shot up from a 6 to a 29.  She also mentioned to me that there is a "small" chance that I could be pregnant.  I am now 2 days late.  I tool a HPT this morning which came back negative.  I really don't have any of my normal signs of starting.  I'm wondering if the higher level of progesterone can affect the pre-menstrual aches and pains that are normally felt?  Also, I wonder if the higher levels can throw a normal cycle off.  

I'm praying for pregnancy and though I don't know any of you, I will do the same for you!
I just got my progesterone results.  It was a 99 (and I really mean 99, its not a typo).  The nurse who called with the results said it was the "highest" she had "ever seen."  Anyone have any thoughts on this?  I'm in my 2ww.  I'm on my 3rd month of clomid.  Month one has a progesterone level of 54.5 and month two was 58.7.  Now 99!  I'm a little scared, but my doctor had no thougths (just test at day 33 and then call on the first day of your period).  Please let me know if you have any idea what a 99 level might mean.  Thank you!
Just a note my progesterone levels were 7 before clomid.  Cycle 1 the shot up to 60. Cycle 2 shot to a 71. I am not pregnant yet but my husband was out of town during the ovulation time so I am looking forward to see what happens this month!  Wish me luck.
Im going through what you all are going through.  It is comforting to know I am not alone and not the only one with all these questions.  I was on treatment 10 years ago for PCOS taking Clomid alone and went all the way up to 200mg and nothing.  I decided to quit as shots were not an option for my husband and I at the time...so I gave up and lost 65 pounds on Weight Watchers.  The first month my husband and I had intercourse unprotected I got pregnant with out any fertility pills as it had been over a year.  Well, I wish I could tell you I had a successful pregnancy, but I didn't.  I carried all the way to 24 weeks and then gave birth to a premature baby boy named Elijah Alexander who passed away 2 hours after birth due to his underdeveloped lungs.  After the loss I freaked out and was scared of trying again until recently.  Now almost 6 years after the loss of my son I am with a new fertility specialist who started me on 500mg of Glucaphage 2x's a day a month ago and I did my first round of 50mg of Clomid this month.  I am on day 22 and went for my progesterone blood test this morning.  So I am waiting on the results of that.  I did start using a OPK on day 14 of my cycle and had a positive LH surge on day 16 of my cycle...10 hours after the positive surge I experienced some mild cramping and had some very light spotting and then it stopped.  2 days later out of curiosity I took another ovulation test and it was back to negative.  So I think I ovulated, but I guess the blood test will tell for sure.  I have slight tenderness of my nipples, ive been very fatigued the last couple of days, however off and on I have some mild cramping...although now I have become very body conscious since I am hoping to be pregnant this month.  Has anyone out there got pregnant the first month of treatment?  I hate all this waiting!!!  All I want is to find out im pregnant and have a healthy baby.
well, ladies i was just reading ya'lls posts and had to jump in.  i am cd 24 first cycle of clomid 100mg days 3-9.  i had my progeterone tested yesterday and it was 26.7.  my re told me that yes it could mean i am pregnant, BUT it ABSOLUTLY means tha i did ovulate.  which, lets all remember is the first step to get where we ALL wanna be...BFP..

so, we will wait...we should be good at that by now, but i for one AM NOT...but lets hold on to this...the clomid is working...the high pro #'s means that we are ovulating and if we didn't catch that sweet little egg this cycle...at least we are knocking on the right door...

prayers for all of you...Lord, bless these ladies give us the extra little bit of strength we need to get through the next few days...keep our hopes alive...
I must say there is so much information about progesterone levels that it has got me confused and pretty much back to square one (just wait and see) rrgghh....this was our first clomid cycle at 50mgs...and we o'ed the very 1st time....my levels were 27.6...and i am hoping that means we are pregnant...but an hpt will only confrim that...i am addicted to 2ww website...lol....but i am hoping wishing and praying that my levels men pregnancy...but i am happy that clomid 50mg made us o....all the more to work extra hard next cycle...

the stories on here are uplifting to know people are going through the same thing....i will continue to come by and post....good luck to you all...
Hi there, I am new to this but share alot of the same things.
I too have been trying to get pregnant for 11 months.
I too have been trying to get pregnant for 11 months. (I have three children already and am thrty six).  Not sure why it is taking so long.  The doctor did a day 23 cycle test and progesterone level was 27.9 however i still got my period i am now 6 dpo and will have to wait awhile.

The doctor did say that i for sure ovulated.
Hi everyone! I am so glad to have found this site and to know that I am not alone in all of this. We have been trying to get pregnant for 1 1/2 years now. After a year of trying, I was put on 50 mg of clomid. The first progesterone test was 6.6. Then we doubled to 100 mg and it was 7.7 and then moved to 150 mg and it dropped back to 6.6. I really don't know what is going on with me. However, this last month my clomid was increased to 200 mg and I was also put on glucophage. My progesterone test was 33. Could this mean I am pregnant? I am dying to find out!
Hi, don't know if anyone can help ,my progesterone level 160 ,been on clomid for six months what does it mean .
Hi. I am starting clomid for the first time ever this month and I 'm scared to death.  People make it seem really painfull.  Is this the truth?  I'm scared but I really want a baby. Now, I do have two little boys that are 10 mths apart which I concieved naturally, but just cant seem to get preg. we have been tring for 2yrs. now. I m/c back in november at 6wks but still no other preg. so I will start clomid 100mgs this cycle...I hope everything goes well for me and ALL of you....Good luck.....I know if its what the lord wants....he'll give me the baby or babies I should have......
I am 34  and have 2 beautiful children from my first marraige.  My son is 6 and my daughter is 4.5.  We have been trying to have more children for nearly two years.  Not sure why I am having infertility problems now.  OK!   here goes nothing.!  I'm am now on my forth round of clomid.  I did 2 cycles of 50mg and this is my second round of 100mg.  My levels came back as 41, 43 and 90! But still not pregnant?  I don't no some times I think that when you really want something you can't have it. Aparently anything over 15 on day 21 means that you released and produce and egg or eggs.  Keep trying I am..  Also this cycle I am going to try takeing robetessium cough surup and  use egg whites for lubricant from day 10 to day 16.  This is proven to help with hostile mucus which can be caused by clomid.... Good luck and my prayers are with you. Please dont be affraid the only side effect I really notice is the hot flashes and a little more sensitive during ovulation..
I too started a round of Clomid and had my 21st day prog. levels checked.  It was a 25.  I am now 3 days late and I have taken a pregnancy test and it showed negative.  But my breasts are sore, I've had a little nausea, and no signs that I might start my period within the next few days.  We've been trying for 2 1/2 years now and I am getting antsy.  I would really like to chit chat about this with someone who understands what I am going through, so if you wanna talk my email address is ***@****
HI i am having the same problems unsure of what the high progesteron means because i went to the Dr. to day 9/20/07 and it was high meaning i've o and i could be prg. so is there to help us with the question!
Hi everybody.  I am in the same boat, well kinda.  I have PCOS and have had it for 3years now.  My husband and I have been really trying ttc #1. The doctor put me on clomid for the first time this month and i got my progesterone level yesterday and it was a 32, so I guess there is a chance that I am pregnant.  I am having a few symptoms like breast tenderness, nausea and fatigue, and I shouldn't start my AF until october 4 so I feel these symptoms are to early just for that so hopefully it means I am pregnant.  So I will find out no sooner then Friday.  Cross your fingers for me girls!!!

I've had a similar experience.  Chlomid D2-6 50mg first cycle progestrone on D21 was 109 - not preg.  I just got results for this month (2nd cycle) and progestrone is 79.  I'm not sure that the level is necessarily indicative of pregnancy - but good luck to everybody.  I guess at least it provides hope!
Hi everyone. I am 35 and I have PCOS.   I have taken Clomid for years.  This past year 2006 me and my husband were pregnant with are first child after being married 10 years.   I carried James for 36 weeks, went to my weekly appointment and there was no heart beat (stillbirth) baby.  My husband and I where very very said for this loss but we still want to keep trying.  So, we go back to my doctor start taking clomid my readings are 6.7, 14.6 on 50mg of clomid. I got pregnant for the second time but then had a miscarriage at 2 weeks.  Here we are still wanting to have a child so I go back to my doctor and he finally tells me that I need someone who will help me with the problem I have "PCOS" and sends me to a specialist.  The specialist send me for tests and also puts me on Clomid and Actos went to take my progestone level and it was at 19.7 with 50mg of clomid.  We are still hoping for a good out come and hope it will come soon.

I just sit here and wonder if I was sent to specialist before all this has happen to us would we have are two babies with us today......
My advise to everyone is to make sure your doctor is doing everything they can for you and if you do finally get pregnant find a doctor that will treat you as a high risk pregnancy so they can make sure everything goes the way that it should.
I WISH EVERYONE THE BEST OF LUCK AND MY GOD BLESS US!!!!!!
Hi Everyone, I have been trying to fall pregnant for a year now and have just nervously began taking clomid. I am now anxiously awaiting my blood test results for my progesterone level. I wish you all the best of luck
Hi Minnie, My prog level is 112. I'm waiting for day 32 and praying that my period doesn't arrive, we are all in the same boat, hang in there.
Hi everyone. I was reading and thought I would jump in. I am 27 years old and have PCOS. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for almost 5 years now. I have taken clomid many times over the years and nothing. I started seeing a fertility specialist in August of 2006 who immediately put me on Metformin. I also started fertility treatments and Found out I was pregnant Dec.1, 2006. My pregnancy was perfect. Unfortunately I went into pre term labor at 22 weeks & 6 days and My daughter was born pre mature on April 7, 2007 and died two days later. I was diagnosed with Cervical Incompetence. I am currently in my 2ww to see if I am pregnant again. I am on CD 22 and my progesterone on CD 21 was 24.1 I am not sure what this number means and the anticipation of waiting to see if I am pregnant again is killing me.
I too am taking Clomid 50mg.  I started taking it on December 24, 2007.  On day 22 (January 14, 2008) I had my progesterone level checked.  I was amazed to find that my level was a 45 which definitely means that I did ovulate.  The use of the Clomid and the act of intercourse every two days (per strict instructions given by my OB/GYN) I hope will be the key to giving us our 2nd baby.  I too have PCOS.  I conceived my first baby while taking the generic form of the birth control pill Ortho Tricycline.  Abbi was born in August 2005.  The pregnancy was perfect.  Labor and delivery went smoothly.  The only problem was that Abbi came 3 weeks early (still considered full-term but she had premature lungs) and had to stay in NICU for 8 days before we were allowed to bring her home.  Today she is a happy, healthy 2 1/2 year old who would love a sibling.  We have been pregnant once since she was born but I had a miscarriage in April 2007.

I've been charting my temperature and having my progesterone levels checked for the past 5 months.  In all that time I only managed to ovulate once on my own, without medication.  Although I was successful in ovulating on my own in December my doctor decided to put me on Clomid after a began my menstrual cycle on December 20.  I feel that since I did ovulate on my own in December and started Clomid right away and had a pretty good progesterone level that maybe my chances are better for becomming pregnant but like all of you all that I can do is wait and pray hard.

I am scheduled to take a hpt on January 23rd.  I will report back when I have the results.

Good luck to all of you and God bless you all.
I have been trying ttc for 26 months now. i started 50mg of clomid on January 29th. I went in to do the 21 day pogestreon test but they said it will be 5-7 days beore I get it back! Af is due 2/23/08 so I guess I will just have to wait until then to find out if we finally got our wish. My infertility is due to PCOS.
my name is trudi i av just ad my first 21 progestrone test bk its 106 am on 50mg clomid first try i av been trying over a year ttc i av ad my tubes un tierd only 1 working. huby low sperm count.am 38 young huby 30 i av 3 children mason 21 jasmine 17 lee 14 the funny thing is i ad my tubes tierd becos i was always falling preg. now with new man no kids and realy want 1 together and carnt get bloody pregnant 2 save my life/
trudi here lots of baby dust 2 u all.dose 106 progestrone level mean u let more than 1 egg out tuk day 21.the funny thing is i was told 2 take 50mg clomid day 2/6 but after reading alot desided 2 do it days 6/10 and it worked very well with test i got bk 2 day 106 very high
I have been ttc for about 7 years.  During my first marriage, I had a lot of testing done with all normal results, but was unable to conceive. The stress of the infertility proved too much for my marriage, which ended in divorce.  I am now remarried and have been trying again for almost a year.  My blood work is good with a progesterone level of 18, my ultrasound shows a possible bicornant uterus, possible fibriod, and possible endometriosis.  None of which seem to be severe enough to cause the infertility. ????  (none of which showed up with several different tests with the fertility specialist years ago)

Don't know what to do next.  Been going to acupuncture for 2 months, with some good results.  Dr. suggested a laparoscopy to confirm the endomet. or fertilty dr....really frustrated with no answers, no pregnancy, and no idea what to do next....
I am on my third cycle of clomid at 50 mg. My first progestrone test came back at 127.2. My second came back at 127.5. Today I go for the test again for this month. Does anybody know what a stron ovulation level is or if the numbers I get are high? I have no Idea but could use some help, please!!
Thanks to anyone who responds.

Pamela
My husband and I have been ttc for quite a while. I was on Depo for a year, my last shot was Jan. 07, once AF finally returned it was very sporatic and I was pretty sure I wasn't ovulating. My doctor sent me for a blood test this past Jan. and my progestone was at 5.4. Last month I started on 50 mg of Clomid, I was pretty sure I did O, but my level was a 13, so this month the doctor increased to 100 mg. Right around the time of O I started having cramps and pains on my right side an ultrasound showed that I had two cysts on my right ovary. The doctor was not concerned, in fact he said they often see this in the same cycle as conception. I went for another blood test last week and the nurse called w/ the results sounding very excited and said this month's number was "very high" and she didn't want to jinx me by coming out and saying it, but this might be it.

Right now I'm on an emotional rollercoster, one minute I feel confident that I am pg, but others I feel like I'm getting my hopes up for a let-down. I'll know in a few days I guess.

Is there anyone out there who's progestone level jumped when they conceived on Clomid?
after reading everyone's stories, i had to write. i too have been trying to get pregnant for exactly one year today. today is our 2 year anniversary. i just went through my first cyle of clomid and found out (today) my progesterone level was an 85. does anyone know if a high number just indicates for sure ovulation or does it also indicate actual pregnancy? i took a HPT today and it was negative, but i'm not supposed to start for another week or two....
My husband and I have been married for 10 years on August 8th.  We suffered a miscarriage on Christmas in 2007 and have not been able to get preggers since.  We've not used protection since we got married.  I have been diagnosed with PCOS.  We have been seeing a fertility specialist for about five years.  i have done clomid and metforin off and on the whole time resulting in one miscarriage.  We did IUI last year, no luck. This cycle we tried 100mg of clomid and an ovidrel shot plus estradiol tablets twice a day.  Today is day 21 and I just had my progesterone checked.  Results will be back at 3pm.  We are hopeful this time.  I felt the ovulation and my breast are extremely tender.  However, we will be in Alaska on preg test day.  And I refuse to check on my anniversary trip.  I just don't want to be disappointed.  Blow some baby dust my way.  I am hoping for twins.  I am 36 and we have no children.  We really want two this first time.  We cannot afford IVF.
I am 22 years old, and never thought I would have problems concieving.  Me and my husband have been trying for a year, and I finally went in for blood work 2 months ago, my doc told me that my pro level was a 0.8 which obviously means that I didn't ovulate at all! I was shocked because I have always had a regular period, but my doctor told me that some women do have periods without actual ovualtion.  Well, last month he increased my clomid to 50mg and my pro level went from a 0.8 to a 22 !! I found out a couple of hours ago, and starting crying on the phone with the nurse bc I was so happy! It was probably the most frustrating, and disapointing feeling when I found out I wasn't ovulating, but it looks like the clomid is working for me.  I wish everyone luck, and may god bless you all.
I too am with y'all... We have been ttc #1 for 5 years now.  I am 32 y/o and starting to completely give up hope.  I am on my first month of clomid, however it is my second round of it.  I definately feel the fustration of finding out that you are not ovulating but having a regular period. Both my mother and sister had PCOS, and it took changing Doctors for me to be diagnosed as well b/c of a so called "normal" cycle.  I just got my results of my 21 day level and it was 26... last time a year ago on clomid it was in the teens. I was very happy, but not getting my hopes up yet.  

I had forgotten how sore my breasts were on this stuff.  

It is really nice to find others I can chat with and know what it is like every month.   Thanks!!! Praying for all to conceive..
I only have a limited time to get pregnant so we are trying now!  This was my first round of Clomid 50mg and now we are just waiting to see what happens in a few days.  
I spoke with my Doc today and he told me I did in fact ovulate and there is certianly a possibility I may be pregnant!

Good luck to you all!!  
It has been another month, I am still on 50mg of Clomid, and the doc said my progesterone increased again from 22 to 29.5 but I am still not preg!  Does anyone have any pointers? People keep telling me to relax, but I am sure you all know when you have fertility issues and are constantly having to count days, etc it is hard to relax!  I have read so many different things that you are supposed to do to help your chances, but so far I haven't had luck.  Can anyone give me some pointers??
This is my first cycle of clomid.  I had a miscarriage one year ago this month and was undable to get pregnant again.  I visited my doctor last week and he put me on Clomid.  My periods had been very short and only 22-24 days apart the previous months so he suspected that i wasn't ovulating at all or if i was, just a shorter window of opportunity.  the 18th was my progesterone check and they told me that it was high and to take a pregnancy test as soon as I miss my period.  The nurse seemed pretty confident when she gave me the news.  I've got two beautiful stepdaughters that I raise full time but I we really want one together too.
I had my Progesterone levels done this morning and the nurse said I was at 52.4 which is way above last month's 0.7.  I took 50mg of Clomid day 5 through 9 and felt ovulation, I think around day 16.  The lab did a urine pregnancy test and it was negative, but the nurse said to test again this weekend.   52.4 sounds high to me and holy moly, I want to be pregnant, but could it be twins or just me?  Anyone have this high and end up not being pregnant at all?
My hustand and I have been ttc for 2 1/2 years and have had no luck.  We have gone through all the testing and the infertility is unexplainable.  I had my Progesterone level checked on November 28th and am at 32.5.....not sure what that means.  Today is day 27 and I usually get my period on day 28, so I took a home preg. test yesterday and it was negative.  AND, to add more salt to the wound, my sister-in-law calls me today and tells me that she's pregnant virtually 1 minute after I told her that I was not.  She has conceived 4 times.  Not that we're in competition, but it just hurts.  I'm wondering if I should wait and take another preg test in a couple days just to make sure???  I'm sure I will......I just needed to vent.
Hi there, I was just contacted by my ob/gyn who informed me that my clomid levels were 112 this month on my first cycle. I had no idea what that meant until I started reading your comments. I am really confused now, it seems this is abnormally high, I was definately not pregnant (5 days late though).  I ovulate naturally, maybe that has something to do with it.  Does this mean I produced a lot of eggs?
I read your comment about egg whites to help with hostile mucous.  I am curiouse because I noticed that on Clomid, I did not get any of the mucous that I normally get. Do you use the egg white down there, or do you eat lots of egg whites. I am terribly naive, I apologize, I have not heard about this trick before. :)
I have heard of using egg whites "down there." It is supposed to work. Taking plain Robitussin is another alternative. Clomid does dry you up, so you need to replenish the fluid in your vaginal tract. There is a product called PreSeed you may want to try.

For all of you who are on clomid and not responding I have one word for you, Femara. You need to see an endocrinologist so you will have the best possible care. Clomid did nothing for me, but now that I am on Femara I am very hopeful. Also, Femara has very few side effects, NO DRYING.

I read one comment that worries me a great deal. One woman said she had "been on clomid for years." The maximum amount of time you should be on it is 1 year. After that your chances of getting ovarian cancer increase. Just thought you should know.
Hi Everyone! I want to share my story!
I got pregnant on 06' but at 4 month I had a miscarriage, it was very sad! Since that then we could conceive again. I just wish I could be a mom!
So I had some test done and all my organs seems to be fine. So the Doctor recommended Clomid>

This is my first cycle on Clomid and I went to do my blood work on the 4th of February so yesterday! I'm so nervous I can't wait!!
My boobs a really sore, and my temperature it's been 98.8 since last Saturday! And my appetite has increase a little bit.
The doctor is supposed to call me tomorrow with the results, I'm very nervous about all these.
Can anybody tell me what levels of progesterone are expected if you have ovulated?
I keep my fingers cross for me and for you guys!
I too had a miscarriage early 2008.
I have been on clomid 50 mg for 2 cycles now.
21 st day ovulation test in my first cycle on clomid showed the progesterone level to be 26.7. My doctor said I have ovulated.
Without clomid my progesterone level was less than 2.
OK the doctor called me today! I'm so exited he said that my progesterone level is 50.9!! He said is nice and high! 50% change of pregnancy! I can't wait to test!  He said if you don't receive your period please call me to make an appointment for a preganancy blood test.
Girls I'm so so nervous!
I keep praying for you and me!

Lots of baby dust for you guys!
Sabrina
hello all,

Me and my husband have been trying to have a kid for 7 years. The first doctor i went to put me on clomid at 50mg and i took that for 3 months and did ovulate. So i found a new doctor about 4 years later and they put me on clomid at 50mg and 500 mg of glucophage, since they finally told me that i have PCOS. I go today for my day 21 blood work. I am hoping that everything goes well and a next week i find out if i am pregnant or not. Wish me luck...
Hi all,

We have been trying to conceive for just over 2 years.  Gone from 50mg of Clomid to 100mg.  Last month's progesterone level was 10! So a defo no no for ovulation, this month it was 84.3! But I still got my period Friday! I just don't undertstand it, you get your hopes up then it's back to square one again!  

Has anyone had similar situation? Good luck to everyone, it's such a hard trek but I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end for us all! :-)

Star
You guys are definately not alone. It gets sooo discourging and frustrating. I did one round of Clomid at 50mg and my progesterone levels were 112! and I still got my period. I have taken a couple months off of everything including this website because I needed a break from "babies".  I am scheduled to start my second round this month.  You are right, it will be worth it in the end. Love life and your partner and good luck with the Clomid!
hi everyone, im on my second round of clomid and had my day 21 progesterone level test 2 days ago and got my results back and they were 79.6 , i did a preg test thismorning and a vv faint line appeared.. does that mean im pregnant?
I am a 27 y/o who has one child. My little boy is 8. My husband and I have been TTC for almost two years now without any luck.  I did clomid a couple of times. My point is this, on my second round of clomid my progesterone was greater than 6000 (which was only as high as the machine would read) and I still started my period.  Clomid can make your cycle a day or two longer. I was miserable that month my progesterone was so high.  I just received the results of my day 23 prog. and it was 28.  So at least I know I ovulated.  We are next going to do IUI. It is very difficult to predict pregnancy on the basis of your progesterone level.  As much as we hate to hear it, the number means either we ovulated or we didn't. I know waiting to find out is tough. I hate it, But I have been let down so many times I would hate for the rest of you to feel the same way.  So let's keep a realistic and level view of these results. I wish all of you luck! I know if you are tyring this hard you deserve it! Just take a deep breath with me. And as an ER nurse, I caution against the whole egg white thing. That egg white is full of salmonella. There are better, safer lubricants out there made just for coneptual purposes. If you get an infection you are no better off. Please be careful.  Again, Good luck Everyone!!!! I am praying for all of us.

PJsMom
Hi All,
   I am 24 yrs old. Me and my husband are trying to get pregnant for the past 8 months. I have irregular periods which is from a side-effect of steroids medicine that i took for my skin problem. I was on Clomid 50mg, CD21 progestrone was 0.40, then clomid 100mg, CD21 progestrone was 0.64, then clomid 150mg, CD21 was back to 0.40, now i am on 200mg and CD21 progestrone is 6.4 along with HCG injection 10,000 units.

Is it possible to get pregnant with a progestrone level of 6.4 on CD21?

Please advise,
I wish i get pregnant this month. Lots of baby dust to you all.I will include all of you in my prayers.

I too am in the same situation. I am on 50mg of Clomid and this is my first cycle. I only produced one follical but it was big 27mm. I took my CD21 test and the results came back 30.5 the nurse seems surprised that I got a negitive HPT that morning (12DPO) She seems confident even though she did not come out and say it. Hopefully this is my month and Im just late on getting a BFP!!
I was told when I was 21 that I would not be able to have children.  My story is a long one with alot of tests.  I am now 30 and have a great doctor.  She tested all of my hormones and says that my issue can be treated. She has referred me to a fertility specialist.  Before I begin, my progesterone level is a .2  yes- I have none.  Does anyone know if pregnancy is even an option with levels this low- let alone being able to carry a baby?  My doc has high hopes as all of my other hormones are functioning at appropriate levels.
I was on clomid for 8 months. My progesterone level varied between 12 to 76 in those 8 months. High level of progesterone doesn't mean u r pregnant but it means u r more fertile and chances of twins are more. I dint get pregnant when my progesterone was high but i got pregnant once when the progesterone was at 12. But I miscarried on day 33. On medicated cycle, progesterone should be more than 15 mine was 12 and that resulted in miscarrige.  Then after 8 months of clomid, i couln't take clomid any longer. Meanwhile, thr forums, i learnt that metformin helps to restore ovulation. So I went to an Endocrinologist( not reproductive endocrinoloist) and he diagnosed that I have throid issues with more antibodies( that may be one of the reason for my 2 miscarriages). With pcos and throid issue, I realized y  I was not able to get pregnant easily nor sustain my pregnancy. I have seen 3 gynocologist in the last 5 yrs. No one did any test to check my thyroid not put me on metformin. All the gynocologist said the same thing. that is " lets try to get u pregnant. we will worry about pcos later".. From my experience i feel thats completely wrong. MY endocrinologist put me on metformin and levothyroxine and i ovulated on metformin and I am 11 weeks pregnant right now. So I guess its all depends on how well our condition is diagnosed. I personally feel that the gynocologist treat everyone the same. instead they should treat us based on our body condition. I just wish everything goes fine with this pregnancy. Good luck to all of you.
Well I'm not new to the ttc thing BUT I am trying with my new husband..ks78..I found your story VERY interesting as I too have PCOS..but I am type II diabetic...I have been to multiple fertility specialist who treated me like everyone else..very frustrating!!...but now I have found a fantastic fertility specialist who listened to everything I had to say...he nodded and told me he new exactly what my problem was..no one knew I was diabetic..he put me on Metformin..Femara...and Gonal F ... the reason for all the extras is because I have just turned 40 on Easter Sunday..I produced 4 follicles this cycle which were quite LARGE...we did an IUI...I am 7 days post IUI and my physician checked my progesterone level 6 days Post IUI and I was already 33..I have extreme faith and am a realistic person.. I have been cramping as if AF is coming..my HPT testing date is scheduled for the 21st of this month
Statistically at 40 my chances are much lower than younger women...But with a full and sincere heart I am wishing you all prayers and hopes..
It's crazy....I read one comment and I start feeling really good about my body and my numbers...Then I read the next comment and I was let down again. Just like the ups and downs of TTC huh? My husband plays baseball for a living so becoming pregnant is not easy because he leaves every year from March-September. Yes, there are conjugal visits (ha) but for the past 2 years we've had no luck :( I am 28 and an RN (which I believe works against me due to stress), and I started seeing a reproductive endocrinologist in December but so far no luck there. I do ovulate, I just can't get my hormones straight and I can't turn ovulation sticks for the life of me. I've been on baby ASA and Ovidril injections and just started Clomid this last "visit" to see the hubby. My numbers on CD17 were promising (or so I thought) Estrogen 846 and Progesterone 86. I don't know what the numbers mean and was reading here to find out, but looks like numbers don't mean much as far is pregnant or the ominous..."not pregnant". I'm cramping a lot and that's about it. I'm supposed to take a HPT on 5/27, so I'm hoping and praying this was it. I've had a really good feeling this time, but I'm always afraid to get my hopes up. Wishing you all the best---this is a tough hard time, but the end result will be a reward like none other, and our children will mean so much more to us.
These stories are all so familiar!  I used clomid in 2008 for the first time after finding out I had PCOS.  I found out I was pregnant in August 2008 after the second round of clomid.  At first the pregnancy went well.  In November/December the doctor started with the bad new.  My amniotic fluid was really low and the baby was not measuring as she should have.  I was put on bedrest.  On January 13, 2009 I woke up and was not feeling any movement from the baby.  I called the docs and got an appointment.  The baby was moving very slowly so he sent me to the hospital.  I had an emergency c-section that night at 5:39 PM.  I was only 24 weeks and 6 days pregnant.  She was 14.3 ounces and 11 inches.  After 3 weeks of her struggling to breathe on the ventilator and several other health problems we  couldn't watch her suffer anymore and turned off her support.  Worst day of my life ever.  In July/August 2009 we started clomid again and I got pregnant with the first round.  I took a hpt on September 10 and it was positive.  Went to the doc for a sono and there was no baby in the sac so they said it was probably a blighted ovum and I would miscarry....I did miscarry on October 31, 2009.  I thought I was lucky cause I had my miscarriage at the hospital so they could test the tissue, but there was not enough tissue to test.  This is off subject, but any women that have had a miscarriage was yours so painful you went to the hospital?  Mine was I went in after 3 days of intense pain and I couldn't take it anymore.  When the doctor in the er examined me the baby came out and it was instant relief.  Is it normal for it to be that painful and last that long?  Anyways, after 2 loses like that I started clomid again May 27th 2010 and just had my progestrone blood work done today and hope to hear from doc on June 14th.  But from what I have been reading it really won't matter what the number is until I take the hpt.  Good luck to all of us ttc!  
I have been trying for 5 years and still no luck for me an i have no plans on stoping untill my dram of having a child comes true for me. I am on my 9 sikel i did the shotes called mlomids  2v one shot a day. whent in for my scan i had a lot of eggs on the right & on the left & thay where all grate sizes. came in a few days later & got my progesterone test don by blood got result back same day it was at 152 on the 7day & nurse say it wuz grate,,.. BUT iv been reading wht people have been saying & it seems kinda high 2 me im woudering if ths can trow me off....... I don't  no i have 3 days 2 take my hpt so until then im try 2 stope stresing & worrying because now it is in GODS hands.... but it's ez said then don good luck 2 all who is going throw ths process because i truly no how it fill 2 wht ths more then any thing
I've been reading a lot of these blogs regarding Clomid, symptoms etc.  My husband & I have been trying for almost 7 years!! I was extremely regular when I was a teenager-I was always exact, a day early or a day late.  Then in my early 20's I had a lot of stress in my life, a REALLY bad case of mono-so bad I almost ended up in the hospital with it, & the 2 organs that can become inflamed were ready to burst.  After that, a few months later I started 2 become irregular.  Went for many tests over the years, the thyroid, etc. etc.   Well then in 06-09 many other things happened to cause much stress, loss of jobs, etc. etc.  Then finally since I've been at my full time job now for more then 8 months I was able to go & get some more testing done-found out I wasn't ovulating for some time.  My OB gave me the drug to make u have u're period & that worked like a charm!  I had an ultra sound to rule out polosystic etc. & endemetroisis etc. I don't have that.  Also checked to make sure I had plenty of eggs, my follicles r healthy &tubes rclear-Last month was my 2nd dose of cholmid-my body has been reacting well 2 it & each month I've ovulated.  Well in this 2nd month I went for my blood test to check I can't remember, it the nurse said I definaty ovulated-my numbers doubled!  Now I am 5 days late, but 2day I went to the br, wiped and had some very light pink discharge-I've read up on implentation bleeding, I really hope that is what it is, if not just another disappointment added to the 7+ yrs. and counting.  On the bright side, my body is getting back to normal again & my OB has high hopes that clomid is going to help us-So to those that have been trying only for a few months, that's not bad at all, keep positive, It's been an emotioanl roller coaster these past 7 years of trying and I"m almost 31, my hubby already 31-we wanted to have our first by now, but I guess it's God's plan 4 us to have one hopefully soon!!  Good luck to all of u!  I can completely understand your heart ache!
Hi, my partner and I have been ttc for the last 2 1/2 years, we have one beautiful girl who took us six years to get, I have been on clomid for 4 cycles now and my highest level yet is 12. I am hoping we will fall soon. It is nice to see and know that there are many others in our position too. I am 25 with pcos. Has any of you successfully concieved on clomid? I am hoping it will happen soon.
Hi everyone.. after reading all your comments and hearing your stories, I thought I'd share mine. In 1993 I became pregnant at age 24 after using 20 50mg tablets of Clomid. That was before Metformin. The Doc said it was the highest dose he had ever put anyone on. we had TTC for years but I have always had PCOS. I had a good pregnancy and my daughter is healthy, now almost 16. I wanted another child after her, but doctor refused to let me go back on Clomid, said it was too risky for me so he did Ovary Drilling surgery when it was still in it's testing stages, back in 97. That was highly successful and I began to ovulate every other month on my own which  had never happened to me in my life before. Six months after the surgery I was pregnant with my son. He is a healthy 12 yr old now. Since then my system went back to the old ways of no ovulation and no periods. Now I am trying one more time to conceive. My doc has started me on Clomid (different doc) only 50mg, 5 tablets. I'm on round two and I don't think it's going to work, but who knows? I"m also on Metformin which seems to be doing something. If I don't ovulate this month, he's going to double my dose on Clomid next month, failing that he will do the Ovary Drilling which was so successful for me 13 years ago! Don't lose hope ladies, just keep trying, and one fine day it will work for you as it did for me. It's well worth the wait! and try not to stress over it too much that will only make things more difficult, believe me, I know! All the best.
My husban and I have been ttc for 3 years, we have a beautiful healthy daughter who is almost 4. We got pregnant with her so quick and easy we are at a loss as to why we are having so mug trouble this time around. Well I was just diagnosed with PCOS and my progesterone was 0.2. So I started on Clomid 50 mg for days 3-5 of my cycle but did not ovulate. So then I took Clomid 100mg twice a day for days 3-9 of my cycle and just got my progesterone level drawn on day 21 of my cycle and it was 79. The nurse said that could mean either I REALLY ovulated or I could be pregnant. I would only be a couple of weeks preggo and that is a really high #. so I think it's just the medicine makin the number that high not that I am pregnant. Seems like others who have taken Clomid have had this issue as well. Has anyone out there successfully gotten pregnant using Clomid and what were your numbers? How many rounds did it take? I need some hope
I'm pregnant at the moment but am worried because my day 21 was 148.2!!! This is my 2nd pregnancy as I m/c is june. Anything over 30 suggests you have ovulated. You need to maintain it at 10 to keep your pregnancy. I hope everything is ok with mine as high progesterone levels can be bad news too!
Hi I would like to share my story! I was dx with PCOS in Jan 09...Tried several cycles of clomid and the highest progesterone level on cd 21 was 8.4....Did one cycle of femara and on cd 21 it was 14.8...That was the month I conceived my dd...Took progesterone suppositories till 12th week of pregnancy! Every womans body is different I guess!!! Good Luck to all!!!
hi everyone, im new to this but reading the thread you seem to be the perfect people to ask - ive been TTC for nearly 3 years - had all the tests done and they cant find anything wrong with myself or partner so im classed as unexplained infertility. The consultant put me on clomid 50mg 6 MONTHS ago and still no success, after the 5th month of failure i had to ask the hospital to give me a progesterone test on day 21 as they were not monitoring me at all and i felt like i was being ignored due to the fact there is no reason why i shouldnt be able to get preganant! i had to ring the doctor for my results a week later and my progeterone level was 141.7!!!!!! I immediatly rang the hospital as this concerned me and was told this is nothing to worry about and he will see me next month for my follow up appointment! has anyone else experienced that high level while on clomid?
surely if im producing that much progesterone theres got to be a reason why i not getting pregnant? Just sick of being fobbed off with 'just keep trying, theres nothing wrong with you'
Rant over, thanks, any advice would me appreciated
My husband and I have been trying to concieve (conceive) for a few months now. I took my first round of clomid100mg in january-feb and my progestrone test came back at a 7. Feb-March I started taking 100mg of metform and today I got my results back that it was a 57!!! Do you think this means I could be pregnant?
I also have lost about 20 pounds over the last few months.
i have been trying to get pregnant, i got preg a year and half ago and lost it at 11 weeks, since then i have been on clomid and tamoxifen to help overlation. my problem was irregular cycle between 25-32 days, its very difficult to pin point day 21. my levels were varied and unsure if i was overlating. this was due to not getting the right day (day21), my doctor sugested counting backwards and estimating day 21. i had no signs of overlation, but on clomid it was very painful around day 15, so i counted 7 days after the most painful cramps and i was able to get the right day (day21).
i have now been overlating as levels have been above 30, my consultant says to show you have overlated it has to be over 30. however having high levels dosesnt mean your pregnant this just indicates that overlation has occured.
if your having problems then get your partners sperm checked too, my husbands motility was low, after taking zinc they are back to normal.
we have been trying for so long and still no joy, the medication drives me insane and i have decided to give it a miss for a couple of months my levels this month was 29! im forever hopeful but it just seams to be a lottery.
i just loose hope every time my period comes, im also 39 and time and age are against me, i have been told that IVF will be my next step if i dont conseve within the next few months.
good luck everyone x
hello i am also ttc for a yr now i recently took provera for 10 days just waiting on af to arrive then i start first round of clomid on day 5 of af. I was just curious what everyones progesterone levels were before starting and what they were at your 21 day visit mine was below .5 thats point 5 and also wondering how many got pg on first or second round of clomid?  good luck to

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~BABY DUST~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have been ttc for three years, started iregular period about year and a half ago, got pregnany in late jan, miscarried in march. now i have pcos. I started my first round of clomid 50mg day 5-9 on june 18th, I went for my day 21 progesterone levels and it was 19.4 my doctor said I had ovulated and I took a HPT two days ago on july 12th it was negative, called my doctor and she wants me to take a blood test tomorow if I dont get my period. Wondering if I could be pregnant.
I also have PCOS, but I was given a drug by the name of Femara.  And then I took the Ovidrel injection.  Once I did that I went in for IUI which means Intra Uterine Insemination of my husbands baby juice (lol). I went for a blood test today and my Progesterone level was at 26!  I am so excited because next week I will go back for an actual pregnancy test.  Wish me luck because I am only 24 yrs old and has been trying for about three years now.

I read all these forums but no one says what has happened next. are these success stories and has any1 got a positive result

Thank you
dows
im 22, me and my partner have been ttc for 3 yrs, i have pcos, i just went for my day 21 blood tests. i hope all is ok i hope to find out soon :) .
hey everyone
I've been reading your posts and have very similar situtation. I am 21 and we've been TTC for 1 year now, i got pregnant naturally in april but had misscarriage at 8 weeks. after 3 months my specialist put me on clomid 50mcg and I am now gona start my 3rd cycle and still no pregnancy. my first round my ph was at 49, this last month it was at 61, but just yesterday started spotting, so i guess my period is coming. I am so frustrated about everything, cause if I'm ovulating why am i not getting pregnant? somebody please help
Hi Kat 122, sorry about your miscarriage, just wondering why you are on clomid when you conceived natural, from what I have been reading its normally low progesterone that will make you miscarry, I was diagnosed with pcos and endometriosis in June of this year, I’m now on glucophage 3 times a day (500mg) to regulate my insulin which is causing the cysts on my ovaries, have taken my first round of clomid from day 1-3 of my cycle 50mg (because i wasn't ovulating), had my results last Friday for my progesterone levels on day 21 they were 22.7 they like it to be over 30 but it’s still ok over 20, so I was happy with that as the last time I had it checked it was 1.4 , don’t think I will get my BFP this month but bought a test today anyway so going to do a test in the morning.....
hi my name is Rachel and I had similar story. I had clomifene first 50 ,nothing ,than 100 one month and got pregnant, unfortunately, 27 week(due to placenta insuffiency) i delivered a boy who died after a  month,
I wonder whether this clomifene is doing any harm to the fetal
a doctor have said that it s not a case but i dont trust them .
it is not first case me and you
this page started 6 yrs ago, has anyone gotten pregnant and had healther babies since this started?
Hello Ladies,

I just wanted to comment on this.... I was on clomid for the last 3 months (days 5-9) and my progesterone levels were through the roof!  The first time I called, she said my 21 levels were at 105!!! and thought for sure I was pregnant.  Well I usually have 28 day cycles and day 28 came and went with no AF.... I took test after test and they were all BFN.  Finally on day 32 AFT decided to show her ugly head.  So, onto the second round of clomid and that month my prog levels were 52 and again on CD 34 AF showed.  On the final month my levels were high again at 63 and again a BFN and AF on CD 32.  I am now off Clomid but have been continuing to check my prog levels and this month it was 56 all on their own!  So I'm not sure what clomid did for me except extend my cycles and give me every pregnancy symptom in the book until I thought I was going crazy.... anyone else have super high Progesterone levels?
I'm so glad I found this site! I'm starting to belive the correct progestrone level is different for every women. I have been trying for 3 1/2 years and clomid makes me think I'm crazy (having every preg symptom imaginable) first round my progestrone level was 1. the second round at 100mg of clomid my progestrone level was 0. (That's right, big 'Ol goose egg). My doctor then started giving me progestrone. After my the next try at 150 mg of clomid my progestrone was 14. That's huge for me! I don't think I'm preg, but I'm worried. I asked my doctor for more progestrone and he told me I didn't need it. The doc said when I get preg, he will put me on progestrone. I'm worried if I do get preg or if I am now I'll misscarry just like last time before I even know I need it. I don't know what to do?
My doctor started me on Clomid on just a random day as i was not getting my period.
The 3 day window when i was meant to ovulate - i actually got my period on the 2nd day!
He then started me on it again from the 2 - 5 day of that period.
Last week was my ovulation days and today i got my results from my day 21 progesterone test - my result was 196.. yes, 196
I dont know what that means.
All he said was one of 2 things will happen - if i get my period next week i need to take clomid again days 2-5 and a test on day 21.... or if my period doesnt come next week i need to do a pregnancy test.
Fingers Crossed!
Just wanted to let you know i am now 4 weeks pregnant.
Getting my levels checked tomorrow so hopefully all goes well.
Doctor suggested it may be multiples when i mentioned my gyno had me on Clomid but i think that is a long shot as there are no actual facts yet.
I am just finished with my 4th cycle of clomid. I was on 50mg for 3 moths and only ovulated at 9. This month I ovulated at 19 with 100mg. I am going crazy everyday thinking I have every pregnant symptom. Has anyone gotten pregnant with ovulating only at 19?
Please help. I'm needing some peace of mind...
I am on my second round of clomid. The fist time my progesterone test was 8.9. Now the second time it is 17.1. My doctor told me that it was really good... At fist I thought it was good but i am seeing a lot of people have higher levels. I did take an early pregnancy test 4 days that was a negative. Can i still be pregnancy.
Well in 2004 I took my first round of Clomid and ovulated- I'm sorry I do not remember my level at that time.  I got pregnant that month and delivered a healthy baby boy at week 38 1/2.  He is almost 7 now.  I am currently trying to conceive my second child and am on round 2 of clomid.  My level was 30 last month with no conception and 21 this month.  I am on day 25 waiting on testing :).  Good luck to you.  Just wanted to let you know that good things can and have happened with Clomid.  He was the best miracle God ever gave me!
I am in the same situation as you.  ive been on 150mg of clomid for 3 months and my level is 129.2,  last month it was 11.4.   im confused as to if im pregnant, or if its some of the other things such as hydatiform mole, over production of the adrenal glands or cancer    
I got my back and 1 week after ovulation is 125! Well, nurse said that it might mean that little embryo is trying to dig in :-) Fingers crossed
I have been on clomid for 5 months with the first 4 taking 50mg and this month being 100mg. I had my tubes tied 8 years ago and reversed last year in hopes to concieve (conceive) a baby with my new husband. no luck yet. My progesterone levels are usually around 12 or so, this month however was 3 :( does that mean that there is no posible way for me to be pregnant?
Hi I have just had my results today and my level was 147 it is my 3 cycle on clomid, last month my level was 64 which I thought was high so it's a big leap, I wonder too if this can indicate pregnancy, but can't test until 3/7/12! Fingers crossed to all ttc x
Hi,my husband and I have been trying for pregnancy almost two years now.I had my progesterone test which was 92.now am on clomid and this is my second month,do u think I might have a higher level of it or its normal.I pray all of us trying to concieve (conceive) best of luck.
I had sterelization reversed April this year 2012 , when on clomid this cycle from day 2 to day 6 had bloods done day 22 came back 51.8 they say any thing over 30 is good ! Had scan day 24 to see if I realised an egg and 2 follicles where gone to say yes I released eggs , when can I test to see if I'm pregnant thanks Kelly
I have had a history of fertility problems.  I too have a 6 year old from a previous marriage.  My AMH levels are really low so my docs have been putting me on several types of meds.  We first started with femara 1 daily for 5 days and then gonal f shots for 3 days.  My progesterone was 15 on day 17.  We tried that twice, no luck.  This month they switched things up and i took femara 3 a day for 5 days and then Menopur shots for 4 days.  On day 18 I was at a progesterone level of 22.5. My levels are the best they have been...but I am still awaiting results...with fingers crossed....we are praying that this is not another disappointment...ultimately we believe it is in GOD's hands...and are praying that the result is positive.....