Home tests are negative but I haven't gotten my period all month
Hi, I'm very confused because I keep getting a negative test result on home tests and I have had blood work once and it was also negative. I've taken 5 home tests and they all say the same but I haven't gotten my period all month. I was on the pill up until october of 2012 and I had been on it for almost 5 years. I know when you stop the pill it causes a hormone imbalance that can mimick the signs of pregnancy but everything has been normal except for november. I started to get the symptoms but still got my period on time and the symptoms went away after that. This is the first time that it hasn't come at all and the symptoms have started coming back. My husband and I have started trying to conceive but we didnt start until roughly the 18th of this month which is right around the time I should have started. This is so confusing because tests are telling me one thing and my body is telling me the complete opposite. I don't know what to do.
If you got pregnant on the 18th or shortly before, it would likely be a bit too early to get a positive result on an HPT.  Test again in a week, if it still hasn't come.  If that comes back negative, I'd talk to your doctor--especially since, if I understand correctly, your periods were normal after getting off the pill up until this time around?
I took a test again this morning and again got a negative result. And yes my periods were completely normal after I got off of the pill. I haven't ever had any problems with my period even before I started the pill I would only be a day or two late at the most and that was a rare occurence in itself.