Hope im pregnant but had brown thick vaginal discharge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

My husband came home for R&R for two weeks. During that time we hoped to get pregnant even tho I had my period in the middle of his visit. Now two weeks later for two days now I have had thick brown discharge. I looked it up and was told it could be implantation spotting but its very dark and worries me. Is this normal, and can I still be pregnant?
Hi there, i also had the same discharge but just a few days later i had my heavy period. Someone told me that brown discharge is old dry blood in there that is coming out. Just remember to listen to your body, only you know what is different or normal.  Everybody is not the same. Why is it so difficult to fall pregnant? Good Luck
I read your comment on mine also. I know what you are going through. I am jsut as confused as you are. I also looked it up and found "implantation bleeding" too. I spotted the brown stuff for a couple of days and was period wasn't due for two weeks. That was lastweek and I still haven't had any more bleeding. Boobs are sore if I push on them a little and had slight cramping in my abdomen but other than that nothing else. Believe me I am just as anxious as you to find out if it is pregnancy. Good luck to you.
Yeah I did have sharp pains too. I have a little bit of cramping too still off and on. My bobbs are still sore if I poke them too. My expected period is due on the 5th so I am gonna test then. GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO. You should check out this site it has beeen helpful too.http://www.twoweekwait.com/community/index.php
i have been having thinck white discharge before my periods for the last three months or so, what is this from?  i thought it was just a yeast infection, but i have done two at home treatments and it keeps coming back.  is it something more serious?  i don't really have any unusual pain, mildly uncomfortable(itchy).  i have been with my boyfriend for 6 years and we have unprotected sex, do i keep getting this from him?
the white discharge can be an STI like  Chlamydia or a vaginal infection.  Don't wait and hope the white discharge goes away, go get tested.