Hormone panel..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hormone panel..

I am new to this forum and i have some questions regarding female hormones.  After being off the pill for about 1 1/2 years my periods have been heavy to the point I have to wear two thick pads and change them every two hours.   At the start of all this I discovered I had a polyp in my uterus and I had that removed, hoping it would be the answer to the frustrating periods.  

It did not cease the heavy flows and that followed with more tests.  I had a progesterone and estrogen test done on day 12 and on day 21.  On these days my progesterone and estrogen did not spike.  My doc believed I had low hormones and put me on the Wiley protocol.  It was disastrous! I felt worse on the Wiley then not and the only thing it fixed was my heavy flow.  I gained weight, had hot flashes, mood swings, anxiety.  

I decided to go to another doc for a hormone panel and get a second opinion.  Supposedly my results came back normal.  I want to share my results and see what everyone thinks.

TSH:  3.32       RANGE: 0.35-5.00

LH:  3               Follicular: 2-13
                         Ovulatory: 14-96
                         Luteal:  1-11
                         Post-menopausal: 8-58

DHEAS:  6.0                     2.68-9.23

FSH:  5            Follicular:  4-13
                         Ovulatory:  5-22
                          Luteal:  2-8
                          Post-menopausal:  25-135

Testosterone:  0.7              F:  <2.0

Prolactin:   22                           <24
Estradiol:   228   Follicular:  46-607
                             Ovulatory:  315-1828
                             Luteal:  161-774
                             Post-menopausal:  <202
anyone?
The reports that you have shared depicts the hormone status to be normal. It can be due to metrorrhagia(heavy periods). Various factors causing it are endometriosis,ectopic pregnancy,hormone imbalance,endometrial hyperplasia,polyps,use of IUD’s and depo shots, sexually transmitted diseases,PCOS and benign and malignant pathologies of the uterus.

You should get a reevaluation done from your doctor.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Girl
Just want to comment on the TSH;   if my TSH was 3.32, i'd be asleep all day, itchy skin, moody and depressed.   Any specialist will tell you that what is in the normal range does not necessary mean it is normal for you.    My TSH runs between .5 and .8, anything lower that .5 i am jumpy; anything higher than .8, i'm tired,  sluggish, bitchy, feel absolutely horrible.   If you're not seeing a GYN, then i would suggest you see one.   Your female hormone levels appear to be normal BUT are they normal for you.    PCP's go by what the tests results say; specialists go one step further.   If you're not feeling good, they your counts are off.    I would seek an endocrinologist as hormone levels of the thyroid, pancreas and reproductive system are all covered under endocrinology.  
I  hope this helps.   Good luck.  
Thx for the replies.  I understand my TSH may not be optimal but I thought it was more important to go by the FT3 and FT4.