Horrible reaction to Monistat
I recently had a yeast infection and since I'd had them before and instantly knew what it was, I decided to try Monistat 3 day instead of making a trip to the doctor for the Diflucan, which is what I had done in the past. While I was using it I noticed that over the 3 day period it was getting harder for me to fit the application in and by day 3 I had completely swollen and it felt like it was on fire! The yeast infection is gone now, but I am still swollen and still have slight burning every now and then, not so much painful as it is annoying, and it has been 5 days since I used this product! It's going down a bit, but it seems to be taking its time..anyone know how I might be able to speed the healing process?? Next time I'll just get the Diflucan and avoid all of this!
I believe after tonight monistat should be sued for this same problem. Bought this garbage at the store. Came home thank god decide to put this junk in before I went to bed. Then it started the slight burning then it became worse I felt like tearing my insides out. Started throwing up and crying. It scared the hell out of me luckily the crap was still half in tack. Removed it and started in the coldest bath I could and sat in it. Did the peroxide wash with some cold water and took a Benadryl still burns. Very cold now and worried called the ER no help and the store we got it from also nothing worse feeling ever would never use again should be taken off the market before some one really gets hurt worse then we have hopefully this helps others and we should get together to make sure this is off the market for good
I used this for the first time tonight (3day monistat). Horrid. Within min it was burning like crazy. Tried to scoop out and then emptied the stuff out of a douche I bought but never used and filled it with cold water. Did this about six times and it really helped. Took Benadryl and sitting here with a cold pack on my burning hoo hoo.  I'm scared to look and see if it did any damage. Very painful. Won't be doing that again :(
Did the summer eve work?
I had the same reaction. I got a yeast infection and am thinking it came from the double dose of progesterone my doctor prescribed. I am also trying to get pregnant. In fact my whole body is itching! When I tried the monistat it made it so so so much worse. couldn't stand it. Im glad I read this post because as soon as I got it out I felt much better.
"... this should ABSOLUTELY NOT be allowed. I don't care one bit if it works for a few girls...."

Really.
The pain, was unbearable. Hot poker is an underestimate.Fire, more like it.I was red, swollen, and my vaginal area inside and out was covered with chemical burns. Walking was not an option.It has been 2 weeks and it is still
painful. Had to go to the airport yesterday and at one point I had to stop because my eyes were tearing it hurt so bad......why is this on the market
Hey ladies, I've had the same issues with Monistat 1. After going through the same agony, my gyn advised me of taking AZO Yeast pills(MIRACLE). These pills not only help with a yeast infection, but taking one everyday will prevent one. I refuse to use this deadly Monistat ever again in life.
I had the same horrible burning that started about 30 minutes after inserting the Monostat 1 suppository.  I thought I was dying.  I even saw a pink tinge of blood.  I was desperate, so it mixed one teaspoon of baking soda in about 1 cup of water and with a small baster, did a douche.  Almost instant relief!!  That was about 12 hrs. ago and am still not having any pain.
Note to dellamy and anyone else experiencing a yeast infection: you can try whole boiled cranberry.  3 days' worth of cranberry (dosage 1/2 cup 2x a day morning and evening) is usually enough to cause the infection to disappear.  It's not dramatic, but it works.  The most difficult parts of the treatment are1) boiled cranberry is intensely bitter and 2) you will actually forget to take it on following days because it works so quickly.  I. have often experienced a loss of itchiness about half an hour after taking the first dose, so it does not take long to alter your body's PH and give some relief.

By the way, do not try to substitute cranberry juice.  Stick with whole berries. Almost all commercially produced juices contain added sugar and that only helps the yeast grow.
WOW I had mine in for about 10 minutes, started feeling weird burning sensation, hopped on google and ripped out most of the disintegrating "egg"

GOD only knows what it's doing to our reproductive and hormonal systems!

I think I'll just lay off the sugar and take some probiotics HOLY Hell
Just had the worst 2 weeks of my life from this stuff. Got my first yeast infection ever from antibiotics I was on for a infected spider bite on my leg. Went to the ER and they prescribed me two strong broad spectrum antibiotics, only three days later I could feel the irritation and itching starting. I let it go and thought it was just a rash. By friday, six days after starting the medication, I knew something was really wrong. I started to have the discharge and increased itching. I thought it wasn't too bad so I went and bought monistat 1, wanting this to resolved fast. By that night, the irritation got so bad and I started to get hives and extreme swelling. Things from there just went from bad to worse. In the next few days, I developed extreme blisters that turned into open wounds. It was as if the cream actually burned off my skin. I was in excruciating pain and finally dragged myself to my doctor on tuesday. She told me it was a severe yeast infection and prescribed me one dose of difflucan. But I still believed it was all a severe allergic reaction from the cream. She told me there was nothing to do for the sores though, except wait it out. Those were the longest days of my life. I couldn't do anything...walk, sit, bend down. Forget it! I started taking benaydrl for the swelling and actually had to take pain medication I had from a previous injury earlier this year that I had left over. Finally on thursday I decided that I would break open vitaimin E capsules and apply them to the wounds. On top of that I applied silver silvadene, which was one of the first things that didn't burn me. Also, I covered the entire area with guaze to keep the medication in place.It was the only way I was able to get up and go to work without the irritating pain. Finally it's friday and I am healing very slowly. I used a water and vinegar douche today to clear out any of this crap that was left behind and I have to say I really do feel a little better now. I am about 70 percent back to normal. I'm just ready to get back to my life. And I'm really scared that resuming sex is going be so painful and uncomfortable that I'm going to hold off for the time being.I just can't stand the fact that something that was supposed to help me could cause all this damage. To anyone reading this, do not use Monistat 1! This product is absolutely horrible and will only cause more harm than good. My advice is call your doctor immediately and have them give you the oral treatment. Just save yourself the pain!
Monistat 1 is suppose to help with the itching/burning. I wasnt hurting at all until i used this crap. I applied the creme as it said on box and I know my blood pressure shot up to the roof. The pain was so horrific, felt as though I was pushing another baby right out the vajayjay again... How horrible, and Im sorry but this is crap and should not be for sale, let me guess some person without a vagina made this mess, 19 dollars to experience an eternity of mind damaging memories of the pain you will feel from the mess swellen you up like you fell on a log from a jet airplane, sorry for going that drastic, I just hope like hell some little teeny bopper dont put this on without looking it up. I could probably have pulled someone loins thru there throat had they been close enough to me at the time I applied this mess, thinking oh I will head this off before it gets to the misery stage, hell naw, they put you in the misery state as soon as you insert that little egg shaped tablet and apply the creme, I thought wow maybe it just the stuff working, so I bathed and re applied, hell naw, it was ten times worse, so again, DO NOT USE it and Someone should set up a lawsuit for this majorly... mind damaged for ever....
I get recurring yeast infections and have used Miconazole Nitrate in the past.  I started to feel the symptoms, very mildy, and decided to be pro-active before it got worse.  I purchased the 3 day cream, within 2-3 hours of inserting the cream I noted a burning sensation, went to the bathroom to urinate and I almost screamed from the pain.  This had never happened before.  I thought, perhaps, the medication was working and maybe it was a severe infection.  When I got up for work in the morning it was worse.  I called my ob/gyn once I got to work and scheduled a same day appointment.  She prescribed me diflucan and told me to stop using the cream.  The cream took my yeast infection from mild to severe in a matter of hours.  Never again!!!!!!  
I googled to see if anyone ever had an allergic reaction to monistat 1 ovule .  Wow.  I can't believe what I'm seeing.  Well, I feel better knowing I'm not crazy, as my vagina is burning and bleeding.  I had to take antibiotics for a sinus infection and of course ultimately the inevitable YI.  I have use this product before but when I woke up in the morning,I put the medicine in before bed, I was on fire.  I showered and did the best I could do to get any residual medicine off. I was so swollen and raw.  Now, 3 days later I'm still itchy and bleeding from burned, irritated delicate tissue that just can't handle a harsh chemical like that. I'm definitely writing the company, as should anyone else this happens too. Plus a woman wrote in a previous post to contact the FDA and I think that is a great idea. This product should not be out there.  Diflucan should be OTC before this product is ever sold.  
I felt some irritation following antibiotic treatment for bacterial vaginosis, so I went into Urgent Care to find out what I could do about it. They saw it was a yeast infection, and prescribed me with a one-time pill that was supposed to work. Well, it didn't, and I was still in mild pain days later.

I wanted to go back to the doctor, but I was convinced otherwise by someone close to me, saying I should save my money and just get Monistat from a drugstore. I looked it up online, and had my doubts. I saw a few pages claiming burning, but I thought they were exaggerated (and I did not find this page at first). I knew the product said on the packaging that a mild increase in burning might occur, and I figured it would be worth it to rid myself of the yeast infection quickly. Feeling too discomforted to wait, I bought the one-day ovule around 4 pm, and took inserted it as soon as I got home (it said day or night on the package). I'm not sure I've ever regretted anything more.

Immediately after inserting it, I felt burning. I figured it's a strong dosage, that must just mean it's working! I sucked it up, but it only got worse. An hour later I was actually SCREAMING from the pain. It came in waves of intense burning pain, like fire ants biting me all over, as bits of the ovule fizzed out of me. I took some advil which helped to an extent, but was still miserable. I could barely walk, and when I did, I had to clench together and hobble. This happened on and off the whole night until I finally resigned to bed around 2:30 am.

I woke up around noon, with some initial pain. I was still crying out, but it wasn't like before. My partner was hesitant to leave me alone when he went to work, but he did. I spent the afternoon lounging in bed, moving as little as possible, and the pain seemed to subside. Or so I thought.

There were some chores I had to get done, so eventually I decided I was feeling well enough. After about 5 minutes of cleaning, I was hit with excrutiating pain, even worse than what I felt the night before. I was screaming, crying, tearing at my clothes, digging my nails into my skin. I had NEVER in my life felt pain this intense before--and I've suffered through a number of kidney stones!

I searched the web again and found this page--after a while of mistyping because I was in too much pain to focus--and I was furious. I was fuming. HOW is this stuff available to the public? How does it not have a huge warning label? I was determined to get this garbage OUT of me. Luckily the house I stay in has a bidet. I sat over it, spraying myself with luke-warm water for about 10 minutes. I made sure my hands were scrubbed clean, and I tried to scoop the remainder of the gunk out of myself, then sat on the bidet for another 5 minutes or so. I was still in extreme pain, but at least it was lessened so I could call an Uber to the E.R. Of course it wasn't after hours of waiting (and much uncontrollable screaming and wailing) that I was finally seen.

The doctors took one look at me and knew it was a severe allergic reaction. I was bright red, and my vulva was cracked and bloody. They gave me a strong painkiller (but not a prescription, a one time pill which later wore off), pills to reduce swelling (also a one time), and told me to get 1% hydrocortisone cream and apply that every 2 hours for two days. I was also told to put plain tea bags (after making tea) on the area to reduce swelling.  

I'm home now, and the pain still comes in waves, though not quite as bad as before. It does appear to be getting better, but these past two days have been absolute hell. On the bright side, I THINK the yeast infection was gone, but next time I am definitely just going to see a doctor again before risking any over-the-counter "solution". Please, if you are considering taking Monistat to save the cost of a doctor or Urgent Care visit, RECONSIDER. It will likely end up costing you more in hospital bills and unbearable pain. PLEASE don't make the same mistake I did.
For the record, I took monostat one day for a yeast infection in January after taking antibiotics.  It cleared it up completely with no adverse reactions.  These issues, while they can happen, are not the norm.  I would feel confident if diagnosed with a yeast infection trying monostat.  good luck
This forum helped me so much THANK YOU everyone for sharing. I also had the horrible Monistat nightmare and luckily realized after the first night something was very wrong. I am 31 years old and Ive used yeast infection creams before and never has this happened. This was my first time using Monistat and also used the cool wipes (terrible combination, what were they thinking?)
I felt itching and burning which I thought was the healing process.It was when I showered I put my finger inside I felt the blisters. It was downhill from there. Once I calmed down and found this website I did what was suggested and seemed to make the most sense which was flush it out with water.
I took a vinegar and water douche, emptied it and filed it several times with COLD FILTERED WATER!! I continued to flush and get the cream out I instantly felt better. After 20 minutes possibly longer of this I felt like it was ok. I even added a few ice cubes so the water was ice cold for a few of the flushes.
AFTER,  I let air dry and I took a Carnelian crystal (known for healing the female reproductive system among other things) and placed it right in the opening not to far, just enough, so it would stay safely put and I layed down doing reiki for about 20-30 minutes. Now I am a Reiki Master however you do not have to be or know Reiki to feel and receive the power of the crystal. Not only does it heal the physical it also heals the energy and the underlying emotions. I will be taking the benadryl as well. So far so good. No more yeast infection cream without the Doctors approval again and NEVER using Monistat brand.

Here is link for those interested in spiritual meaning for diseases and infections. Also One for the Carnelian crystal.

http://active-healing.blogspot.com/2011/02/specific-affirmations-from-louise-hay.html

Monostat is a medication that may not work for everyone but is used by the masses in great success.  I am an example. As the community leader of the forum, I can tell you that I am sorry that you have had this experience but that in the research, it is not common.  Doesn't make it any better when it is you but none the less, posters who read this thread should speak to their own doctor.  I personally have had great experience of taking monostat and curing my yeast infection completely with NO issues.  

OMG.  This forum was a life saver at 1am this morning.  I bought the CVS version of the Monistat 3, put it in around 9pm and laid in bed.  At first the pain was tolerable.  It did increase the itching and burning for sure.  I knew I would have difficulty falling asleep.  The pain finally seemed to subside.  I got up to go to the bathroom and that's when it all started.  The cream started to work it's way out and I swear the insides of my labia were on fire.  I laid there in bed hoping it would subside but it just worsened.  I finally got up, took a cold, wet washcloth and wiped all the cream off of me that I could see.  This immediately gave me some relief.  At this point I was bright red and definitely swollen.

I put A&D ointment on my inner labia thinking that a thick coating of it would protect the raw red skin from any cream that may come down.  I then got online and found this forum which led me to expel all that I could.  I don't have a shower sprayer so I sat in a tub of water and tried to get any remaining cream out of me before it progressed.  I crawled back into bed and laid there with pretty bad lower back pain and some mild cramping for some time after.

NEVER again.  I would not risk trying this and would never advise a friend to try it.  I would tell them, get your butt to the doctor or planned parenthood if you don't have insurance.

This morning I managed to finally get some sleep, woke and called my doc.  They have called in a script of diflucan for me to the local pharmacy just based on my description of symptoms.  Waiting to go pick up.  The other two doses are going straight in the trash.  This is NOT worth the risk when there are other things out there!!!!!  DO NOT USE!!!!
AGREED ! - suffering.
Who would even be looking at this site if they had not experienced a problem with this drug?  I am very suspicious that the makers of the drug are posting this.
I  a community leader here at med help on this forum and others.  I'm sharing my experience with Monostat which was favorable and cleared up my yeast infection.  It worked well for me.  I'm a stay at home mom and a yeast infection is very annoying so am happy there is something I can get over the counter to help.  Everyone needs to talk to their doctor about what is right for them.  good luck
Monistat 1 day vaginal cream for yeast infections, without a doubt, should be removed from the shelves and not be sold. If you think you have a yeast inrection or often get one after taking oral antibiotics, tell your Dr and he can give you the pills to take for it. You only take 3 or 4 IF you feel one coming on.  I had taken the 3 and 5 day Monistat without any untoward effects and when I got another infection i was looking to get some more and the ONE DAY was right there and I just bought it and used it that night. I woke up with intense burning in my vaginal area and held a mirror down there and everything was swollen and cherry red and this red rash was starting down my thighs. By that evening I was in the ER with hugh hives as big as my hand all over my upper legs up to my waist. I was given several litres of IV fluids, steriods IV, and treated for several hr.I was told that I could have died without treatment. I was sent home on massive dose of prednisone and anti-itch meds. This lasted exactly one week....as long as the Monistat works in the body! so, the pont is...once you use it, you can't undo it. There is no counteract it. It just has torun Iits course of 8ne week. So, he prepared. If you use it and have a reaction it will be with you for a week.
Again, I recently used monistat one day and had a good experience.  It's commonly used.  It is unfortunate that anyone would have a bad experience but would imagine that FAR more have good experiences than bad.  

Women need to discuss this with their own doctor.  Anecdotal information on the internet is not the best source.  If your doctor says you are fine to treat over the counter with Monistat, then this should be considered your best source of information.

Sorry to all those who have had some sort of reaction (athough, when that is ALSO self diagnosed, it is hard to know for sure.)  good luck
I find your post to be totally patronizing. Having had a dreadful reaction that mirrors the one experienced and documented by other posters, we certainly did not self-diagnose or imagine the swelling, burning, need to pee and so on. You don't self diagnose - you feel it !!!!!!
When I use Monistat it feels like I've injected myself with acid. I use Gyne-Lotrimin (Clotrimizal) ONLY.  Monistat is the devil, I swear, and that's all stores seem to carry.  I have to drive all over town to find a store that stocks an alternative.  It's all Monistat and it's generic same drug version.  I wish I'd known that there were these forums when it first happened.  Luckily I called my mom!
This sure seems to be a common ration.  I had used Monistat for years and then one day tried the Monistat 1 and was in such immediate pain and I just new one thing.....I had to get that stuff out of me NOW!!!  I got into the shower and tried to keep using my index finger to try to swipe the stuff out....again and again and again.  I tried to get the water up in there too to try and rinse it.  I will never, ever again touch the stuff.  Unfortunately, my 21 yr old daughter just called me....she just had the same reaction.  Something is not right with this stuff for sure.  For relief, truly I believe that you MUST get the stuff out of you. . . .vinegar douche or just water.  Then soak in a bath with a half a carton of baking soaking.  This is soothing.  Next, put in a tampon that you have generously dipped in plain yogurt.  Leave that in for a few hours.  Repeat the soaking and yogurt tampons and you should clear up the reaction and yet infection.  Also take a good probiotic.  Good luck!
Thanks  !
Oh my God, help. It's 2:45 in the morning and I'm dying. I was using the monistat 3 ovules and now am in the most pain I've ever been in.  I insterted the first ovule, no problem. I'm on night 2 and am NOT completing night 3. I'm so red and sore and itchy and swollen that I now have tiny cuts surrounding my vagina. I've taken benadry, aleve I'm using a cold cloth, it's been 4 hours and I'm still writhing in agony. Strongly want to go to the ER but my insurance expired and doesn't renew until tomorrow. I highly advise you NOT to use this product. I acknowledge it helps a lot of people but risking a reaction like this is not worth it, especially when there are alternatives out there. This product ow literally burning the skin in and around my Fagin's and it hurts like hell. If anyone has any suggestions PLEASE tell me. I'll try ANYTHING at this point.
Many people do use this product successfully including myself.  I'm sorry you've had issues and hope all is better soon.  Sounds like you should see your doctor at this point.  good luck
Hi, I just read your comment. I'm living in pain for 3 months after I USED the cream. The doctors can't find the reason for my pain. I'm burning like hell. How you got better? Please let me know!
Don't take this the wrong way, I am experiencing the same awful symptoms, but this post made me laugh for 5 solid minutes. I actually forgot the burning and itching due to my amusement, thank you.
I seriously want to pull my hair out! I'm 35 and this has never happened to me to this extreme. I was fine, doc recommended Diflucan and also mention to use Monistant since my YI easnt severe. I needed up douching myself with Coconut Oil which helped but in the back my head I could still remember what my doc said. So today went bought it and used it, instantly the itching and burning started. I was sweating through my scalp and wanted to bang my head on the bathroom mirror it was so bad. Right away i got bag of ice and put it in between, hoping it'll go away, if not in thinking of douching and rinsing the creme out. I will not use this product again. It shouldn't even be allowed to be sold!!! I'm a grown woman and almost started crying like baby and this was not acceptable!!!!
Your post is older so you may not read this but I feel exactly the same way right now. It is horrible and so many people. Seem to be complaining they should reinvent a proper product and pull this off the market. Please read up on benefits of apple cider vinegar - a lot of other posts mentioned this. Sorry to hear of your pain.
As a Brit, I generally use Diflucan and/or Canesten pessaries in the UK. I have found the Diflucan does not always cut it, so sometimes have to follow up with the messy pessaries.  Anyhow, a couple of nights before flying home, a yeast infection that began during my vacation was getting worse. Not wanting to sit on a long, transatlantic flight with the discomfort I ran into a CVS and purchased the one night Monistat treatment, assuming it was simply a US brand name and the contents would pretty much the same as we use in the UK. As instructed I insert the pessary at bedtime and snuggled own to sleep. Within 30 minutes my vagina was on fire and I had a pressing urge to pee. This continued all night and I had to keep getting up to pee and also try and get pain relief with a flannel doused in cold water - no ice. The burning is like nothing I have ever experienced and I am so sore. Now, almost a day on I am still in pain with intense burning and feel as if I am cut. I have never experienced any like this.  I am surprised that this product, which I now realize has caused dreadful reactions judging by the comments I am reading has not been removed from sale. It is not acceptable.
I want to take a knife to my vag it hurts so  bad
I had to use monistat for the first time in a few years last night ,after insert the burning started. Once I stood up it was so intense, it was horrible. I could only lay on my side with a cool rag down there but After about 2 hours it got to be bearable. This morning there is still some burning and stinging feeling. Not sure if I want to use the last two treatments or not, I never want to experience that pain ever again.
I purchased monistat on 2/6/16 and used it that night before bed about 11:30pm. I was awaken at 4:30am with burning, thinking it was a mild side effect from the drug I managed to fall back asleep. I was reawakened at about 7:30am with excruciating burning, irratation, itching and the worse swelling I thought could possibly happen to woman's genitalia. I could barely walk from the sever swelling of my ENTIRE genital area.
I was able to make it to "Urgent Care" and the doctor was astonished by what he saw, he couldn't even do a pelvic exam because of the swelling knowing it would cause intense pain, although he said he didn't need to do one because he could see what was going on and he took my word that this all happened from the use of monistat. I was immediately given a steroid shot and prescribed hydroxyzine for itching and an oral steroid called dexamethasone. For the pain I was prescribed hydrocodone, thats how severe my reaction was. It is Monday and I couldn't work and tomorrow is not looking likely.
To you *Specialmom* please find a thread that supports this poison to post on. We care less of how it has worked for you. Our concern is the damage it has caused our bodies and others. We are not naive enough to think this type of allergic reaction happens to every woman that has used this poison and it doesn't have to happen to all women to have this removed from the shelves. This particular thread began in 2008 and 8 yrs later women are still posting of its side effects. That's enough right there to remove it or at least be honest in warning women of a possible severe allergic reaction.
I have used this product for years without incident. In fact it was always relieving. I bought it and used it last night and in a couple hours I felt like I was on fire. I am so swollen and sore I can't believe it. So look at me.  I'm a perfect example of someone who has used  this product over the years and now I have the allergic reaction. Awful.
I used the complete therapy of 1 day monistat and I started using it around 12:15am and I am still up due to the extreme pain and burning as you all described I think I am gonna go to the hospital because it is unbearable and hope they give me something to get me feeling better. Glad I found this thread and know I am not the only one having a horrible allergic reaction to this! Wish me luck! This thing has to come off the market because obviously it has caused problems to us and potentially to others who will buy it at the store. I'm not happy with this and it must be stopped!
I purchased a Monistat 1 in hopes that it would help cure my yeast infection. I have not used OTC treatments for years, I have always just wanted it out and went to the doctor and got diflucan.I had NO Pain or burning, only bad discharge. So at 9:00 pm I inserted the ovule before I went to bed. By 2:00 am I was wide awake with EXTREME burning and pain!! Never again will I ever purchase this. I am making an appointment this morning to see my doctor and get some diflucan. In the meantime... I had no other choice but find relief by getting it out!! (Douche...water and vinegar) Took about 6 times until it finally ran clear. But I'm feeling so much better. As for sleep... I work afternoons and have errands to run all morning. Monistat literally messed up my sleep and made me absolutely miserable! They need to quit selling this crap! Yes I know I've only got a yeast infection, I am almost 40 and have been in a relationship for years and have reacurring yeast infections. So I know I didn't misdiagnose myself. I read the reviews before I used it, but thought that that wouldn't happen to me. DONT BUY IT!!! Go to the doctor and get diflucan!!!
I will never use this again . I inserted the Monistat 3 day cream in . This is just my first night . It was about 10 when I first did it and I have been up itching since 4:30. I will never ever use this again . Next time , I should just go to the doctor because this is not a good product.
I took monistat on Wednesday night night after my mom told me I had a yeast infection. I had no clue what was happening. I have never had a yeast infection before and I thought this was part of it. By Thursday it hurt so bad I couldn't even sit so I went to urgent care. Immediately upon telling my doctor what was going on he told me I had genital herpes. I have been with the same person for 3 years and just had a blood test done a year ago when getting my depo shot at a health dept. We always use condoms so I didn't understand. He did a test to see and told me that if it was positive I would know by the weekend. But I did not accept this and started googling then I found this thread and since it got worse I went back to a hospital in the middle of the night and he wouldn't even look because he said monistat does not have this serious of an allergic reaction and it was probably herpes. So I went and got benadryl and some ph wipes and I wake up today with it a lot better than it was. I don't think it should be removed from shelves because I know it helps people But it should clearly state can cause severe allergic reaction. This isn't the only thing I found of people talking about an allergic reaction and doctors should be made aware this CAN happen if you take monistat and not to just write it off as an std. The doctor even told me my fiance cheated on me because that's definitely what I have. Then gave me paperwork saying you experience your first outbreak within 2-3 weeks after you come in contact. With my New job I haven't even had a sexual encounter for over a month but the doctor still did not believe monistat could do this to someone. Please if you take this be cautious and if it starts to hurt more than you can bare take some benadryl.
Don't get your nails done be cause they can nick a person and not clean the blood then use the tool on you.this is not your fault
I want to chime in here and say that the same thing happened to me.  I had a severe allergic reaction with intense pain and swelling.  I had to go to the ER, but I could barely walk from the pain and the swelling.  I pray that people who are considering taking this drug to first research and find this thread and then find alternative (natural) ways to treat their YI.  I would never try this stuff again.  And, by the way, I had used these types of drugs to treat YIs in the past several times before and didn't react.  Then, suddenly this one time, I did.  So, you never know.
Omg me too!! I had used it before and everything was fine... 2 weeks ago I used it and woke up from the pain and was completely swelled up! My skin was even burned! 10 days later and I've taken a diflucan but am still having slight issues.. just horrible. :(
Also my doctor totally said it was just a bad yeast and not related to the monestat. Umm please!
I am lying here trying to decide whether or not to leave this battery acid up my vagina. I really don't know how much longer I can take it. I am wondering what the acceptable percentage of people to suffer a reaction is acceptable to the FDA. Obviously, this is a thing.
I will make a long story short but after being treated w/ IV antibiotics. I was trying to treat myself with the one day treatment.  I was burning to death and thought it was still my uti.. I actually retreated with another one day.  By the time I reached my doc I hurt soooo bad(I can take pain too). . Im not a doc but I've heard that they put tons of Chems in it to try to kill the yeast in this uber one day dose, which is why it causes most  of us actual burns. I'm so mad that they still have it on the market.
I wonder if everyone with these horrific reactions may have been using the new tioconozole product...monistat 1 day....instead of the usual monistat miconozole cream that's been on the market for many years.
Trust me, use diluted Apple Cider Vinegar on the vaginal area instead of Monistat or after  you take it. I use half and half but it burned a little during application so you may want to use 1/4 cup of ACV to 1 cup of water. Dab a clean cloth in the solution and then apply on vaginal area. Immediate relief. Also, try to drink two tablespoons of ACV every 8 hours until symptoms subside.
I will try it as all the above burning from the Monistat is happening to me for past two days now. I have heard about the benefits of apple cider vinegar.  Thank you.
Their is a problem called vulvodynia it can be cause buy name brand toilet paper that's linty and sex not a disease its from friction.the cure for this is switch your toilet paper to the dollar brand.DG read pack.dollar tree has a softer brand blue and orange.emuaid product first aid ointment soothes pain get rid of nerve pain down their.theirs a 0.5 oz jar for 20 dollars plus tax makes it 26.00 I hope everyone gets well.
I don't know how that number got their I should of checked a second time after writing .the 1 dollar brand of toilet paper the emuaid 0.5 oz will do the trick even for yeast its given lots of women their life back
I used it read inactive ingredients here they are benzoic acid,cetylalchol,isopropylmyristrate,polysorbate60,potassium hydroxide,propylene glycol,purified water, and stearyl alcohol,its on the narrow part of the box at bottom.
There's something called vulvodynia .emuaid first aid ointment 0.5 oz jar 20 plus tax 26 .also you should switch to dollar store $1 toilet paper.theirs a lot of stuff in name brand toilet paper thats that's giving women this problem that is the same symptom as a yeast infection
Vulvodynia is from name brand toilet paper and friction from sex.emuaid first aid ointment0.5 oz 26$ with tax helps everything including the fungus.it stops nerve pain and swelling.and dollar stores 1$ toilet paper the name brand to has stuff that's bad.lint sticking down their is bad
Typo name brand tp is bad and linty
So as you mentioned, all of these reactions happened to me too. This is my second time with a yeast infection and everytime, it burned LIKE HELL!!! This time was worse however because I waited to treat my infection and was starting to bleed and blister from it. (I waited because I was hoping it would just sort itself out. It won't while you're on antibiotics). It honestly felt like a thousand bees stinging my crotch for hours. And I felt really bad because my fiancé had to watch me writhe around helplessly. That being said, it did not last forever. The only thing I found that helped (a little) was that I took ibuprofen and decided to sleep on my stomach. It hurt more if I sat up or laid on my back. But when I turned on my stomach it seemed to calm down a bit. You will have to use the bathroom more than normal, but they said that's also a side effect. But yeah, it *****. Kudos to all of us who are survivors!!!
I WISH I had read these posts before buying and using. I used the google reviews and went on and tried it. Bad idea. It's 2017 and some of these posts are dated from a few years ago. I'm willing to join a class action suit.