Hot Flashes and Effexor Xr
I am 51 and began taking Effexor XR 75 mg as prescribed by my physician to help reduce the hot flashes.  I've taken this same level of Rx for 3 years.  It has helped to reduce the hot flashes, however, I have other side effects that concern me.  I am now trying to wean myself off the Effexor and the side effects are significant (vertigo, confusion...)  and the hot flashes seem worse than ever!   Is there anything I can do to reduce or eliminate these without antidepressants?  I need some help, it is impacting my quality of life and it is very uncomfortable at work.  I appreciate any suggestions.
I don't know if your still out there, but I am 49, taking effexor xr for my hot flashes and want to be weaned off. I was taking 75 mg for a year and a half and for the past 2 months have been taking 150 mg because my hot flashes got worse because of a thyroid condition I've developed in the past 2 months. Were you advised by your Dr. on the dosage? My Dr. told me to take 75 mg for a week, then 37.5 mg for a week. I haven't done so yet, because I've been nervous about the outcome. How are you doing? Have you found anything natural for your symptoms? I hope you are doing well.
Did you have any weight gain from effexor?
It took me 3 months to wean off effexor, I tried it cold turkey, had vertigo, memory problems, Dr then lowered dose for 3 months, doing it this way stopped the side effects, but hot flashes r horrible