Hot Flashes and Effexor Xr

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hot Flashes and Effexor Xr

I am 51 and began taking Effexor XR 75 mg as prescribed by my physician to help reduce the hot flashes.  I've taken this same level of Rx for 3 years.  It has helped to reduce the hot flashes, however, I have other side effects that concern me.  I am now trying to wean myself off the Effexor and the side effects are significant (vertigo, confusion...)  and the hot flashes seem worse than ever!   Is there anything I can do to reduce or eliminate these without antidepressants?  I need some help, it is impacting my quality of life and it is very uncomfortable at work.  I appreciate any suggestions.
I don't know if your still out there, but I am 49, taking effexor xr for my hot flashes and want to be weaned off. I was taking 75 mg for a year and a half and for the past 2 months have been taking 150 mg because my hot flashes got worse because of a thyroid condition I've developed in the past 2 months. Were you advised by your Dr. on the dosage? My Dr. told me to take 75 mg for a week, then 37.5 mg for a week. I haven't done so yet, because I've been nervous about the outcome. How are you doing? Have you found anything natural for your symptoms? I hope you are doing well.
Did you have any weight gain from effexor?
hansen20 commented on Saw the babies again ...
34 mins ago
AppleBr commented on 10356's status
KTowne Hellllo 17 weeks! :) Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals