Hot flashes and night sweats at age 66.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hot flashes and night sweats at age 66.

I'm 66. Completed menopause 15 years ago.  Took HRT for the first 9 years, then discontinued  Hot flashes and night sweats have never stopped.  My thyroid tested ok up to 4 months ago, anyway, and I am very healthy, strong, and eat very well, but this is ruining my quality of life.  I have tried all kinds of natural remedies with no effect, and have scoured the internet for any enlightenment. My doctor tells me I have to live with it.  Please!  I am considering bio-identical hormones when I see my doctor next month. And yes, I have read everything I can find on the latest research with these, but would really appreciate any thoughts on the matter.
Tags: hot
Hi Cassio,
I have the same or similar symptoms as you. I am 66 also, had a partial hysto. 20 years ago, the Dr. said that I had endo in the uterus, did not say the stage or type (the hysto was due to prolapse bladder), I was on premarin for 3 years, and since my sister developped breast cancer using premarin, the Dr. stopped mine, and started me on bio-identical hormones, I stopped that 3 years ago. I continue to have hot flashes for the last 14 years, they are frequent (close to 50 a day) and sometime severe, they are worse in the summer or any heat associated (I live in AZ, although I have good central A/C).
I am waiting to see a new Gyno. at the Mayo clinic to check me for endo.
I tried several protocols, Dx. with many sickneses.
I just registered, and posted an answer for you, but did not see it posted yet, so I am sending you another one.
Just my own opinion, I don't think that bio-ident. H will help, but try it, and good luck.
Kadele