How can I regulate my periods?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

How can I regulate my periods?

I am 28 and trying to concieve (conceive) my first child. The problem is I am finding it very hard to pin point when I am ovulating as I have Irregular periods. I have been to see my doctor and he told me there was nothing he could do. He didn't even ask what my cycle length range was!!!!

I have been tracking my cycles for 9 months, they are - 29,30,36,43,32,32,30,34 and I am currently on 43 days and still no period. I am definatly not pregant (have done loads of tests since I hit 34days).

Does anyone have any ideas how my cycle could be regulated?

Thank you in advance Jo
try birth control
I know that that would regulate my periods but the reason i want regular periods is to improve my chances of getting pregant. birth control is not really the answer i'm looking for. I want to regulate in order to know when i am ovulating.
yeah i know your tying to get pregnant it says that. but birth control helps to regulate your period. when your periods are regular for awhile.....you get off of it
Ever since I can remenber my periods have been Irregular. I have been on the pill for many years to combat this and it did help, I was like clockwork when on it and all over the place when not, I came off the pill the last time 9 months ago. My cycle was relatively stable (29-30days) for 3 to 4 months and then it became irregular again. Should I take the pill for a few months to regulate my cycle and then come off it, try for a baby (fingers crossed). If i am not sucessful and my periods become irregular again can I just keep repeating the process?
i say go back on the pill...maybe try a different one and maybe that will regulate your period longer or something after you go of the pill. after a few months...of taking it then you can stop and try for a baby.

i thought your doctor would have recomended going on the pill for awhile to try adn help regulate your periods
Thanks for the advice i will try that. No all my doctor said was not to worry and to come back in 4 months if i'm still not pregant and he will send me for fertility tests. I just like to be proactive rather than just keep guessing when i'm ovulating. Thank you again.
Are you using over the counter ovualtion kits? That may help, you buy a box of tests and you test every day, it tells you when you are most fertile.
If your period starts on the 1st count 14 days from when ur period starts so you will ovulate on the 14th so your most fertile between the 12th and the 15th. My periods are irregular as well but I planned my 2 sucessful pregnancies