How come I haven't detected ovulation yet, but I should have by no...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

How come I haven't detected ovulation yet, but I should have by now

I have been checking my cervical fluid to keep an eye out for my big "O"  I have always been able to tell when I am ovulating because I get that really stretchy egg whitey cervical fluid in my panties....I have reached the step prior to that where its watery but I haven't reached egg white.  Am I not going to ovulate, or did I already and just miss it?

you could have just 'changed' (one of the joys of womanhood)! I could always tell by the EWCM but after a m/c I can't tell at all, so I am trying OPK. I just ended my period today so I will out buying a box tonight! Good Luck and Baby Dust!
Also if nothing has happend to change your cycle, maybe it will be a day or two more. I'm not sure if your cycles are regular or not.
the obgyn told me that all women do not ovulate ever single month, I also use ovulation kits. I normally ovulate 14 to 19 days. every one is different.  good luck, my prayers are with you.
Sorry EWCM is egg white cervical mucus, and by changed I mean your periods can just change. If you just got off the pill, you're periods are probably not regular. You probably haven't O'd yet, but could have and aren't getting the egg white cm. It sucks that sometimes there is no way to know if you did or not. Last month I have no clue when I did. So I am going to buy an ovulation predictor kit (OPK),  but A LOT of people on the site have gotten pg just by having sex every other day, to be sure they don't miss the big O. Good Luck!
Sorry, I'm pretty new on this forum I don't know what EWCM is and not sure what you mean when you say changed?  You mean the big change?  

I just came off the pill beginning of October.  It through my periods out of wack, I had my first AF off the pill a week early and so I am wondering if I ovulated early?  

I have the clear and white cervical mucus come out every month, and never have missed it. This month there was nothing that came out. Is there somthing wrong?
Hi i have been off the pill for about 20 months to see if me and my husband can fall pregnant with out timing it, i didnt fall pregnant so now we are using an ovulation predictor kit, i started my last period on the 1st of august it is now the 16th of august, the 1st testing strip i used had a dark line on it (the control line) and a faint line on it (still a negitive) but all the test a have done since has just had the control line on it and no other line, have i missed my ovulation period or shall i keep testing untill the kit says im ovulating??? or shall i be worried if i dont ovulate this month???