How do I know for sure if it's an ingrown hair?
My question is how do I know if it's an ingrown hair or not. I noticed this bump in my vaginal area where I shave often. When I got out of the tub it was very big. Now it's about the size of a quarter and extremely painful to touch. It's kinda hard if u try to squeeze it. It's very hard to put my pants on or even have intercourse with my boyfriend because of the area it's in. What do I do for the pain until I go to my doctor's appt. tomorrow?? Please help me. I've never felt so much pain before this happened.
KT 80 posted some info about mid way of the posts now.  I have these same sorts of things happen.  Used to happen only once a year or so - now I have them several times in a year - and they leave horrible scars.  If you can't find her post - go to about.com and type in Hidradenitis Suppurativa.  I had been told for years that it was a subaceous cyst or pilonydal(?) cysts that were sometimes caused by ingrown hairs.  I have them between my legs, around vaginal area and under my breasts and underarms.  Hope this helps.
it does sound likee an ingrown hair. often they can pop out like that under the armpit area. i would place a very warm-hot cloth on the area as long as you can until your appt. that should help for now.
Yes, I agree.  I get them sometimes in the same area because of shaving.  The hot cloth helps alot for me.
i've had one of those before, a few months ago, and now i've got another in nearly the exact same place, on the outer 'lip'...it hurts, starts out small and then gets bigger...and if i'm lucky enough to get it to open, theres never a hair, its like a pimple...hurts like crazy...so i understand what you mean, and when my gyn looked, she said i was fine,and it didnt appear to be an std, or anything harmful...
yah its like a buble looking thing eh? i get them on the outer lip all the time, first time having it,its scared me!!! i though it was an sti/std.. but apprently it was an ingrown hair and was told to pop it cuz it was justa bubble wasnt big yet,and i did and it bleed for a second,then burned a lil and healed in a week, and now its gone