How do I know if ovulation has passed? physical symptoms..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I know the symptoms leading up to ovulation, i get the egg white cervical mucus and all, But how do i know when ovulation has passed?..Me and DH have sex every 48 hours during the week i'm going to ovulate, but are there physical symptoms so I know when ovulation has passed and we not 'try' as hard?? Still hoping for #2..won't know till the end of the month. Thanks for comments ladies..
The best way to tell is by charting your temperatures. I used to do that but given that I travel all over the world a lot, it is very difficult to do it. So the other thing to judge is by your cervical mucous. Once you aren't able to stretch it between your fingers more than an inch or so, you're pretty much done for the month.

Other than that, there really aren't any physical signs you can watch for.. the rule I generally follow is, you can ease up about 9 or 10 days before you expect AF because on the chance you are ovulating later that month, your luteal phase  is not going to be long enough to sustain the pregnancy.
So at what point did i ovulate? My period runs from beginning of the month to the end (in other words, the 1st day of my period this month was March 1, and it ended on March 5.) last month my period was 30 days long..I am Currently on day 17. I had a large amount of egg white cervical mucus on day 13, 15, & 17(today)..we had sex on day 12, 14, & 16..I wasn't sure if this was the cervical mucus from me, or left over semen from DH (sorry for being graphic)..on the days we didn't have sex, i noticed very little discharge..I don't use any other form of checking ovulation other than counting and CM method..(I havn't resorted to any tests yet) and I really am unable to use  a  basal  Thermometer, as I am often up at different times of the mornig with my little one.(I don't have one anyways) Is it safe to say that Our fertile time has passed by for this month?
I honestly cannot tell you when you ovulated. I can tell you that some women ovulate as early as day 7, some as late as day 20 (on a 28-day cycle). Some women ovulate at different times each month. If you had ewcm and now it's gone, that is a good indicator.

OPKs can be hard to use and not necessarily reliable. The only way you can know for absolute sure is to dedicate yourself to temping, or start having sex from the day your period ends to 9 days before AF (and that is a lot of sex-ing!!) If you pick up "Taking Charge of your Fertility" you can learn about how to adjust your temps for changes (ie waking up earlier or later). If you do that for 3 months, you'll get a pretty reliable sense of when you ovulate.

I had always assumed that I ovulate on day 14, until I temped and discovered I was day 8, on my 27-day cycle - I was missing my o every single month!!
Thanks, since we have been ttc, we have been having sex every 48 hrs after my period until Af comes, but i guess i was still unsure about at what point I was fertile..It will happen when its time...Thank you so much, you have been most helpful!