How do i get my baby to breast feed when she has always been bottle fed...

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

How do i get my baby to breast feed when she has always been bottle fed?

My baby is almost 2 months now and she has basically been drinking out of the bottle since she was born. ive tried sticking her on but she screams and gets confused and mad . i try expressing when im trying to stick her on and she wont latch and if she does only for like 2 seconds and then i try again but i have given up. i am pumping my breastmilk but its decreasing and i know that its going to go away if i cant find a way to get her to breastfeed. help?? is it possible for her to breast feed ? or is she stuck on the bottle forever??
She is not necessarily 'stuck on the bottle'... this really depends on the particular baby.  When I was breastfeeding, I would use my first and middle fingers to 'pinch' my nipple and make it easier for her to latch on.  I also always made sure she could breathe easily while she fed.  She took a bottle in the daytime while I worked, and was breastfed at night.  Another thing to remember: you will continue to produce milk for as long as you either express it or feed it.  I have known mothers to produce milk for five years post-partum... really.  But everyone is different.  The thing that is paramount here is that your baby receives enough nutrition for healthy growth.  If this cannot be acheived with breastfeeding, then you will have to use a bottle.  Yes, that may be disappointing for you.  But baby comes first. :) - Blu
Talk to a lactation consultant.  Contact the hospital where you had the baby to find one.  There is definitely a way to squeeze the breast to flatten it (like a hamburger) to make a "nipple hamburger" and get the baby to latch.  There is really a lot known about how to do it, you tease the baby's mouth with the nipple until she opens her mouth, and so on.  Talk to the consultant, it will help a lot.
MH Community Mgr uploaded new photos
Des_a_rae commented on laureninlove's status
3 Filler Exercises to Loosen Up You...
4 hrs ago by gymdandee
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals