How do i get rid of BV?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

How do i get rid of BV?

I went to the doctors and they prescribed me with antibiotics. I did some research while taking them and saw so many women have it for 4 years, 5, 3 i really dont want to go through this for years, I think i would kill myself. ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO TREAT IT?? That'll work 100% I was thinkinng maybe parsley and yogurt
Take your entire run of antibiotics, and simultaneously, have your sexual partner(s) take exactly the same run of antibiotics for the same length of time.  A lot of women don't realize their partner can give it right back to them.  Be sure to do the antibiotics before the parsley and yogurt, which are well and good but not as effective as Flagyl.
I think yogurt is more for yeast, not BV.  And yes, make sure your partner gets treated too, and take ALL of your antibiotics as directed.  
You need an antibiotic to treat it and it wont come back. It comes back sometimes with people.

Are you having unprotected sex?

Some people might think they have BV as well but they could also be having a yeast infection which has similar symptoms and they may be mistaking one for the other.

if you take an antibiotic for BV you most likely will get a yeast infection after that from the Antibiotics killing off all the good bacteria. Please understand this is what could happen.

So if you got the antibiotic and you start to feel itchy again remember it could be a yeast infection caused by the antib
I agree with anniebrook that it often takes a couple courses of antibiotics to totally eradicate BV and also doctors will often treat our partners at the same time.  It's not technically an std but is passed back and forth.  

Again, it can indeed take a bit of time to totally eradicate against BV.  Also, wear cotton undies and not tight ones, change after things like working out, etc.  Good luck dear