How long did it take you to conceive after Mirena IUD removal?
Has anyone had the Mirena IUD and had it removed to ttc. I am just curious how long it took you to conceive after Mirena IUD removal?  How long until your menstrual cylces were regular? I got my IUD out on Aug 5th and am ttc. I have had lots of spotting and maybe a period but nothing regular.  I called my doc and they said that it takes 3 months before the hormones are out of your system. The mirena website makes it sound as though you can get pregnant anytime after removal.  Any advice/stories would be appreciated.  Thanks.
My doctor told me that you can get pregnant immediately after getting off Mirena but it may take a month or two for your uterine lining to build back up.  Since Mirena suppressed the lining from building up.
I had mine out Nov 7th, we waited one cycle for our own reasons, had a chemical pg at Christmas, got my last af on Jan 22nd and am now due Oct 28th : )

Andi
Congratulations! Did you get AF when IUD was in place? When did your get your first AF after IUD removal?  And did you have any spotting?
Hey missy, I've had the IUD in for about 3 1/2 months now. Although we have not taken it for a 'test drive'... still... um, I'm getting spontaneous spotting. Sometimes red and sometimes brown. I dont understand why I'm getting these strange spotting..
Sorry to origional poster, I didnt feel it was necessary to open another post. :-)
Jen
Hey - you're back! How's your little girl?? She must be getting big!
Some women will spot throughout the first year with it, but most will see that drop off and will see lighter periods as well. I was nursing for the first full year I had my IUD in, which helped contribute to not having an af. Once I weaned, my period returned, but was extremely light, literally a few days of spotting. When I got it removed, my cycle stayed the same.

Andi
Girl, take that thing for a test drive! I had sex 3 days after I got my IUD in and it's been a blessing except for the occassional spotting that makes me think its implantation bleeding. I recomend an IUD to everyone!
Yep, I'm back! Been super busy with my 4month old and school. :-) Shes doing wonderful. Getting so super big and such a pretty lil thing. Its funny, but she is very polite and well mannered for a little baby. She wakes up with little sweet sounds and is always smiling. :-)
And Andi, Congratulations. :-) YAY! any girls yet?
I got the IUD in fear of having another baby, but I actually have NO desire to have sex anymore...I think I'm just flat out unattracted to the boyfriend...
anyway. thanks. :-)
hi everyone i just got the iud put in about 3week ago and my period been on for 2 weeks now...do you know how long it will be on? if i go get it taken out will my period do right off?
Hi Umm I didnt do any research before geting the mirena iud... now  am scared because I see that a lot of women have not been able to conceive after the mirena IUD removal... pls help!!! I have had it for 18 months and after all the crazy stories, I am thinking of having it removed :(.  
Hi, Angie - there's nothing wrong with the Mirena for most women. I had mine for two years and took it out only because my BF and I are trying to have a baby. The Mirena was the best birth control I ever had in my life!  This is also true of several of my friends. You can technically conceive immediately after the removal, but it may take a little longer than that. Much less time than w/the pill, though. Hang in there.
I had my IUD removed in July 2007 and since then my body has not been the same. I noticed that I have a strong odor that smells like old blood and a clear jelly-like discharge whenever I wipe myself. This did not occur immediately after I got my IUD removed. This just started happening.  I went to the doctor ran ever test on me imaginable and they all came back negative. Is this normal? Is it normal my body to go throught this......Please advise.  Thank you!!
I had my Mirena IUD for 2 1/2 years and LOVED it.  I had a only a rew days of spotting the whole time.  However the next thing I knew it fell out.  I took a test the day after it fell out to see if I was pregnant and it was neg. ( I thought maybe that is why it fell out)  How soon can u get pregnant after removal? I had spotting for a couple of days, and now it is the waiting game :) How long should I wait to take another one?  Thanks for any comments I would love that :0)
I had mine removed 7/25/07 and up to now 11/21 I have not been able to conceive and every doctor tell me somthg different the last time they told me it could be up to a year.
I had my IUD removed about a week ago and for the last couple days I have had heavy bleeding with clots. My question is if that is normal once it has been removed and how long does it last. I had it in for over a year but wanted it removed because my husband and I are planning for another baby. So I have one more question, how long could it take to conceive once it is removed? and is it safe to try the first month that it has been removed?
I had the mirena in for about 13 months & had it removed end of august to try to get pregnant. I had thought it was more immediate. I found out it can take 3-6 months for your cycle to return. my husband and I are pretty bummed because we would have removed it earlier (or never had it put in).
Anyway, I bled a few days after removal (probably due to the removal) & then nothing until a couple days of brown spotting at the beginning of this month. then I had what appeared to be ovulation signs mid month (ewcm for 2 days, pain on right side that felt like an air bubble, not cramps, for 4 days), but then after the signs, a day of nothing, then days of heavy bleeding. that is where I am now, day 4 of bleeding & my cycles before were only 2-3 days. is this normal? if this is my cycle returning, I am at 3 months post iud removal. is it normal to bleed heavier with your first cycle back?
any feedback would be great. Thanks!

ps- took a couple pregnancy tests along the way, all negative.
i had an IUD put in may of 04 and i had it taken out in the begining of october and i still have not had a period? i want to get pregnant but i am afraid that the IUD messed my body up. am i just impatient? can i still get pregnant even with not having a period??
I just had the I.UD put in yesterday, it hurt pretty bad, the doctor told me that my cervix was unusually tightly closed? Any how, I was wondering how long the cramping will last, it has calmed down, but not gone away. Also I have a thick mucus discharge since insertion and old blood....it's only been a day and a half, but is this normal? Should she have not forcefully inserted it. My mother has me freaked out.
when i had mine put in i had bleeding the next day and spotting the next month then my periods went away completely. the cramping would come and go for the first couple of weeks or 1st month.

i posted my last bulletin asking about the pregnancy thing and how long it would take for me 2 get pregnant...well i found out on dec. 1st that i am pregnant so i guess u can get pregnant without having a period.
Congrats!!! How exciting :) And that is good to know!!
i just had the iud out 1 wk and im really want another baby how long will it take before i can get pregnant .. ??  also i heard lol i think its kinda wierd but if u had sex right the day before or the of ur removal u can get pregnant right away .. so how true u think that is..
hey Carrie....I too have an IUD and want to get it removed and I have wondered the same thing...after reading up on it I heard that sperm can survive in your body for 5 days so I guess it would be possible to get pregnant before you ever really had a normal period...let me know what happens.
I had my copper IUD removed Nov. 26th and we're trying to get pregnant...I got what I think was my period on Dec. 22 (4 days later than what I had expected) light spotting and lasted only 3 days...I took a hpt and all three were negative...I'm wondering how long will it take before I come out pregnant...We rae very anxious to have a baby... Any advice will help...Thanks!
I just recently had a baby girl on 20 November 07, I go in for my 6wk postpardom (sp?) checkup next week.  I'm trying to decide what type of birth control method to use and I'm considering the IUD but I just want to make sure its possible to get pregnant afterwards and how long it takes.  I was on ortho tricyclen for 7years straight and the month I got off and started ttc I got pregnant so we were pretty excited.  I just dont want to use an IUD and get it out and it take forever to ttc afterwards.  Any thoughts or advice?
I HATE Mirena!  I must be the "rare" side effects group expect now I'm finding tons of people like me.  After insertion, I bled for the first THREE months straight, which after a month I called the doctor and he said it sometimes happens.  From then on it's been an on going mess.  I will have a period then not again for a month or two, then twice in one month!  I have to carry supplies with me all the time.  Now MY STRINGS are gone and I have to have the stupid thing SURGICALLY removed!   I was one the pill for 10 years no problem and got talked into this stupid thing by my OB who I no longer go to.
i had my iud out in the last part of november and been trying for a baby and i still dont know if i am or not but i am bleeding black stuff could i be pregnant? jan i started bleeding for one day and stoped i need help and someone help me try and figure this out i had iud for 4 years. but i dont now if i am pregnant or not
I had my IUD removed at the end of August and i got pregnant in October but, i recently lost my baby. After my doctor check me i started to spotting brown or old blood. I was wondering if this early check like had with the insert effected me having a miscarriage. I had four other children and i got check with the heartbeak monitor, to check the baby heartbeat and the finger check, to see if the cervix was closed and then i got check at about 5 months with the insert. so, if someone can explain to me if i was checked wrong or if the insert affected me, let me know.
hi, i had the mirena in for nearly 3 years and although my periods were alot lighter, i had a pain on the left which i put down to the position of the ius etc.

having decided i want baby number 3 it was removed in july 07. i conceived immed with baby 1 and 2 (7 and 4 years ago) but we are struggling. each month i feel pregnant and each month i have had an implantation bleed i think but it is as though the fertilized egg can't implant properly.

does anyone have experience of this? does anyone know how long the effects of the hormone last on the endometrium?

i'm panicking that if i do conceive, i'll miscarry too.

any thoughts?
I had the Mirena for 4 years. I had it out 01/07 it is now 02/08... I think that the Mirena IUD has totally messed my cycles and body up. Before the Mirena I had normal periods, now they are 1-3 days if that. I had surgery to clean out my tubes and uterus 07/07. I have also been on Clomid 9'ish months. I have also had 2 ai's. We decided to take the last 2 months off, so my lining doesn't become too thin. I go to the Dr. this week to see what to do next...

Has anyone had anything like this happen because of Mirena?

Also, like "Babynumber3" I feel like my lining is too thin to have an egg implant... Anyones else?

Thanks!
I just had mirina removed last week and my husband and i really want another baby soon. I had sex like 3 days after the removal and right after i was bleeding and i had a big blood clot. has anyone ever experienced this?
Hi All:

I had my minena removed Jan 23 2008 and am VERY eager to get pregnant.  After reading all the posts it seems like it is common to have irregular bleeding and some clotting post removal.  Some people get pregnant right away even without experiencing a "real" period, for others it seems to take months or longer.  I had three days of bleeding the day after removal when I expected to ovulate.  Some light spotting since,  and have been checking ovualtion with no sign so far.  I will keep you posted.  Good luck to you.  I am worried that if it is hard to know what is a period, how do I know when the lining is thick enough??
yea i dont know either, i mean i am not really trying to get pregnant at the moment , i am just not protecting myself from getting pregnant..im hoping and good luck for you as well, maybe we will be prego soon:)
HI! I'm Angela and I had the mirena IUD in for 3 1/2 years and had it removed in December 2007 to try to conceive again. I just found out yesterday I am pregnant about 3 weeks along, so it only took me about 2 months to get pregnant. I got a real period on January 9th and Feb. 9th, so I was regular pretty fast, but I had a lot of pregnancy symptoms immediately after removal and a lot of spotting and brown discharge, which the doctor told me was normal. So now I'm very happy we got pregnant so fast, but I'm also worried.... I hope all will go good!!
I had a Mirena IUD put in after my first child.  I kept it in for a year.  After removal, I got a heavy period about a week later.  I successfully became pregnant on the second cycle.  

We are now ttc#3.  I had the IUD removed on February 25th.  I got an EXTREMELY heavy w/ lots of clots period 3 days later.  I am currently temping and taking OPK's.  Since this is my first cycle ttc #3 - I don't have any outcomes yet :-)
HAS ANYONE HAD TROUBLE HAVING THEIR IUD REMOVED?!
I went in yesterday to have mine removed (implanted for 2 years) and the doctor said she couldnt get it out. She told me that I had to see someone else more experienced.
Does anyone know what methods they may use to get it out and will it cause complication later down the road? Should I be worried?
Ok, my husband and I got pregnant three times in 2003, the first 2 ending in miscarriages. The third worked out perfectly. So, we got pregnant with no problem. After we had her, I had the mirena put in in Dec. 04. Had it taken out oct 07, so it was in for about 3 years. No period whatsoever the entire time (thank god). After I had it removed, I had a period the following month, and have had a regular one since. My husband and I have done nothing to prevent pregnancy, both secretly wanting another, but have had no luck. Period still comes like normal. I am now starting to worry that I won't be able to have another? And with my track record, maybe even if I do become pregnant, will I miscarry? I desperately want my daughter to have a sibling close in age, and had I known this would happen, I never would've gotten it in the first place. Any advice, words of wisdom, would be highly appreciated. Thank you
I have had the Mirena in for almost 3 years. My fiance is in the Marine Corps. He will be home for 10 days in April in which we are getting married and wanted to ttc. I am not moving with him til my son gets out of school the end of May. I concieved both my kids on the pill and patch. So obviously i am fertile mertile. I got it put in at my 6 week checkup and bled for about a month. Have not bled at all since then. Everyonce in awhile a few drops when i wipe. I know your period is the lining in your uterus which the mirena keeps it thin so obviously keeps mine to nothing since i dont bleed. I am really concerned now as to how long it is going to take me to concieve. I had a friend who got hers pulled out and got pregnant the next day. Now I really wonder when I should get it taken out. Now or when hes here so we can have sex right away.
I got my mirena in 8/2004 6 wks after my daughters birth ( never had a period) just had it taken out a 3/18/2008.. but the cause of removel  was I've had other health problems that docs couldn't find out whats causing dizzness, legs swealling up, bad acne, excess weight gain and loss. 5 in a day to week 25 lbs.. getting a secon opion on uturin pain she said I had cysit rupture, a bit odd between 3 ob visits had several pregnacy tests done.

My concern is on 3/6/08 intercouse lead to a cyst rupturing, the timing of that to lenth of firtlization, implating to removel of Iud 3/18/2008 and having light pink spotting for a week now I am  wondering could I be pregers.....  the tests from the docs were neg but I am very liree, saspisous of them, the timing has the fromula of Posiblities of Pregnecy.. I am just over thinking this..
ak2008 off in wondering land... If i am then let it be if not phew but letting my body breath..
I HAD MY MIRENA FOR 4 YEARS I LOVED IT SPOTTED ABOUT ONE DAY A MONTH RECENTLY REMOVED IT 3 WEEKS LATER HAD A NORMAL PERIOD IM NOW 2 DAYS LATE  FEEL PREGNANT BUT 2 TESTS ARE WERE NEG I REALLY WANNA BE PREGNANT ANYONE ELSE WITH SAME PROBLEM WISH ME LUCK AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL
i took mine out myself didnt hurt i didnt feel a thing
How did you take it out yourself? Is that dangerous? I went to the doc and it was difficult to take out. And it hurt.
I recently had my IUD removed, and started to get discouraged after several negative tests. I did a little bit of research, since my doctor never told me what to expect afterwards. It is normal to bleed heavy clumps after it is removed. The IUD works a couple different ways. It does reduce your uterine lining, blocking fertilized eggs from implanting on the uterus, or by creating a mild inflammation which prevents sperm from fertilizing eggs. Some women can get pregnant right after having it removed, but there is a good chance that it wont implant properly, and you will miscarriage. You have a much better chance if you wait a cycle or two, and by your third cycle, your lining should be back to normal. (Not that it hurts to try from day 1!)

I read somewhere that several women got pregnant right away, but it wouldn't show up on the pregnancy tests until they were about 3 months pregnant. I asked my doctor about that and she said the IUD didn't have anything to do with the false negatives. Sometimes I feel like maybe they don't really know that much about the IUD, and how it affects a person once it is removed. It does appear to be common to have pregnancy symptoms once it is removed, but I feel (in my case) that it may be due to my lining still too thin, and the pregnancy doesn't last long. Hopefully in another month or so, I'll get my positive sign. =)

To all of you out there in "pregnancy limbo", it will happen when it happens, and it's best not to stress about it. Just pay attention to your body signs, and keep trying!
I have had the mirena since august 2004 i was sure that i did not want anymore children and actually wanted my tubes tied but due to being 26 my ob/gyn convivnced me to wait the 5 years and if i still felt strongly about not having more kids get my tubes tied. Well my husband and i split up about 2 months after baby # 3 was born and i have been with a new man for nearly a yr now he has no children and adores mine I really want to be able to have a child with him and I am now wanting the iud out to make that happen Crazy to want baby # 4 probably but feel strongly about doing it. This week I had a cyst rupture on my ovary and discovered several on my other ovary which doing research has told me the mirena is probably to blame for this. I am scared to have the mirena removed cuz it hurt so damn much getting it in. I am hoping somone can tell me if it will hurt as much coming out there are just too many side affects from having it in and i cant wait for another baby I have not had any cycles since having it in i'm tolf this is isnt really normal i just assumed it is hopefully someone can tell me if this is ok if this will impact me having another baby and if having it removed will hurt just as much as going in please help! and wish me luck
hi i had an IUD marina in july of 07 until march 31/08 so about 8 months. i had my period when i got it taken out... and i would usually get my period every 28days when i wasnt on an iud. but i got my period a could time within the time i had the iud in.
so i'm 2 weeks late now for my period i was wondering if u would get ur period right away or could i be pregnant?
I'm not sure about the cysts, but I do know that it is not nearly as bad having it removed. Basically, you lay on the table, they pull out several scary looking tools, in she goes and literally, a second later, it's out. It did hurt a little bit, but not as bad as having it put in and it was much quicker. I'm sorry you are having to go through this, but if it's causing you problems, it's best to get it out asap. Good luck!
I got the iuc put in dec 05 and just had it removed not to get pregnant just didnt want it anymore on april 1st no joke. I had a period immediatley afterwards that lasted 1 week. On april 21 and 25th i had unprotected sex and now i feel pregnant. I havent yet had another period and went online to find out if i could be pregnant and the mirena website stated you can get pregnant right after having it removed. I am scared and nervous that i am pregnant and will be getting a pregnancy test asap. I was just wondering how long it would take to have a period after the first one.
after the marina IUD for 5 years I am having it taken out tomorrow and really want to have baby #4 i have always get pregnant fast with all my baby's and i get  morning sickness so badly i know i will know when i am pregnant but since my IUD was up in march and it is may i wonder if in theses few months if the hormones are all out of my system and if i can conceive right away? I Pray i do me and my husband are in agreement and are leaving it in Jesus's hands so i know it will all be OK and Levi Rason (thats what we will name our son) will be well on his way =)
I had my Mirena removed last week (8th May) after a year as we are trying for our 1st baby.  During that year I had no periods but v light brown discharge on 20th March for a few days and 19th April for a few days.  I presume these were periods?

After having it removed I thought I would be due on around 18th but instead I started getting the same kind of light brown discharge I'd had before on Saturday night (10th May)

Does it sound like I could have a 23 day cycle?  is it a period? (it is v v light but my lining would be thin so I guess it could be) or is it just caused by the coil coming out?  Do I count towards my ovulation from that date?  I am worried as everyone else seems to have had heavy bleeding after removal.

Any advice would be much appreciated.  x
My son was born 5/17/06, I had my IUD put in at the end of July 06.  I spotted a little after having it put in and my abdomen was a little sore, but I have not have any spotting or bleeding of any kind since.  It has been almost 2 years (about 22 months) since I had it put it and now my husband and I are wanting to have another baby.  Part of me wants to have it taken out now in case it takes a little longer to conceive (we are not wanting to get pregnant right away), but if I take it out now I could get pregnant the first month too....I was on the pill for several years, didn't take it for 1 month and got pregnant.  If I had the IUD taken out now could I go back to the pill until we are ready to get pregnant again?  
hello i had the mirena iud fit on 29th of feburary 2008 this year after discomfort on being on deprovera for under a year  my last injection being november 14th 2007...i recently had the iud removed 3 weeks ago to try and concieve baby no 3,
sorry if tmi
before i removed the iud i was having brown  and pink discharge within an egg white consitancy.

when i had removed the iud i had a light "fresh", being that it was red not brown, bled  for five days then nothing for about 9 days later  then got normal  egg white discharge no blod with it which would say im ovulating followed by slight uncomfortable cramps where my ovaries would be and light back pain
i am still waiting for another bleed if it does not come in another 2-3 weeks im going to give myself a home test just to check if i have not fallen already
btw i am only 24 years old
I got my Merina IUD early 03 or 04 (dont remember which) I went into Dr. on April 21 to get checked cause i thought i might be pregnant on it, she did tests, sent me for blood work...and NO pregnancy...which was a relieve to me cause of all the problems you can have with a pregnancy with a IUD in place.  I was lightly spotting on April 18-22....i thought it was my period.  When i went back on May 2nd i was spotting again and she said that it was heavier than on the 21st when she did my pap...i got the IUD out, and bled pretty heavy with clots (i NEVER had clots during the few periods i had with the IUD) and only reason got it out was cause for the last 3 months i had been spotting every week for about 3 days....now everytime i orgasm whether with intercourse or masturbation i spot..just a lil...shows when i wipe and is done. or when i have sex the bleeding returns and then is gone before morning...is this part of the IUD removal, or should i be worried?  Fiance' and i had sex 2 days before removal..and several times after without protection...i think we both secretly want a child.  i have 3 from other relationship...we will be getting married before end of summer, any suggestions as to why the bleeding after orgasm?  

The side effects i had are; mood swings (would cry over everything and nothing), acne (bad), hair loss(slight, but enough to notice-a brush full every other time i brush hair),the feeling that everyone hates me(i guess that would be anxiety)...and the list goes on and on.  Most of these have cleared up in the 3 weeks it has been out.

Although i have had several early pregnancy symptoms i am not gonna do the hpt until after i should miss a period...i am gonna assume that the bleeding at the IUD removal(was bleeding before it was removed)was my period. so if i do not have a period by June 5th...then i will go get a hpt...

Wish me luck all, and good luck and god send to all of you...
Blows BabyDust to all who want one....
to answer your question about if you can take the pill between getting IUD out and planning a pregnancy.  From what i understand Yes you can.  I went in on May 2nd to have my IUD removed and she gave me a script for the pill Alessa, sounds more like a name of a person than a BC pill...lol...anyhow i decided to not fill it....so it is my understanding that as long as it works, you CAN use BC Pills until you are ready to conceive....

babydust to all.....
I got mirena removed on april 18th(after only 3 months cuz I hated it) on the 20th I had what it seem like a period that lasted 3 days nothing since then, My cycles used to be 28 days before mirena so I took a tes but it was negative, could I stil be pregnant?
well ive been on the mirena twice now and never had a period whilst having it...when i had it the first time i had it in for about a year and was on deprovera for 2 years prior to that so i did not have a period at all.
when i had the mirena removed < more like it fell out into the toilet  after dislodging itself we ttc right away i had no bleeding at all not even after removal... and about 2 months later i concieved my son when he turned 6 weeks  i went back on deprovera from 31st of jan last year till november 14th 2007 which was my last injection ....29th of february 2008 i went on the mirena once more and  27th of april i had it removed to try to concieve no periods again whilst i had the thing inside me however i had light brown spotting 2 days before removal and bled for five days after removal and nothing since then....appart from cramping like ovulation pain ...past 2-3 days i have been peeing alot,breast's sensative but not tender but darker around the nipples and i am feeling very tired i did a pregnancy test last week and it did not show up at all that i was pregnant .

it was not till today that my memory was jogged and that i had a feeling of being pregnant with my son but it took another 3 weeks of cramps and feeling sleepy to show that i was pregnant on the home pee on the stick clear blue pregnancy test....it was very very light to begin with you could just make it out then i tried a week later and it kept getting darker till a true definite positive, so yes its possible to be pregnant without ever receiving your period...my advice is to try a week later do not wait for a period ...keep an eye on faint positives

wow that's crazy! thank you so much for your response. I haven't had my period yet, I feel very quezy and crampy, my lower back is killing me also, so I definately feel pregnant but test keep coming up neg except for one yesterday that showed a very very faint positive line that only I could see, my husband says there is no line whatsoever lol. I guess I'll wait antother week. This is making me so anxious but your response helps a lot so thank you! and congratulations!!!!
...i don't think im pregnant yet :s
i am however getting the same symptoms too aswell as some of these symptoms  from feeling quezy...my symptoms are peeing allot....cramps..back ache my temperature fluctuating allot...feeling very tired even though i go to bed early....and very thirsty and about 10 mins after having a drink wanting to go again...and a bubbly feeling in my stomach not like butterflys or the feeling of gas but more kinda like electricity,
i have not tested yet >.< but i wanted to test in about 2 weeks time to hopefully get a better result....though on a lighter note don't know if this is good or bad but its now been a month since i had the mirena removed and still no bloody sign of a period i within 4 weeks i have done 7 opk tests all seven comming back negative though above the control line theres a very light line....and i had just the same with the hpt i did 2 weeks ago...i think i am due to test again.....will give an update in 2 weeks time baby dust to those trying
Well I guess we will have to keep waiting.  Good Luck to you'all!!!
I took a pregnancy blood test at the dr' s ofice and it came up negative. No AF stll though. I guess mirena messed me up. I need to see the dr next week to get some pills that will help start my period. Hopefully after that I will gte back to normal.
sorry to hear about the bfn, but hopefully the doc can get ya fixed up and you will have a bfp soon.  Good Luck and keep us posted.
okay its been a month past removal of the iud for two weeks ive had weird symptoms ...
the kind you get during pregnancy.....i want to test but my husband says its too early .....should i wait?
I had my IUD taken out on May 6 2008. I only spotted very lightly. I have not saw any signs of my period starting. I have a lot of mood swings all the time. But back on March 29th I was in a very bad car wreck that broke my C-2 bone in my neck and my right heal. My heal is a lot better but my neck doesn't seem to be. As anyone just had a few days of just spotting after the removal of the IUD??
I had my IUD removed May 23, 2007 after I had weeks of spotting off and on for about 3 years. Before I had the IUD put In when you looked at me I got Pregnant but it has been year and nothing. My periods come every 28-34 days now  I have pains in my legs when it's time for my montly cycle which I never had before. Let me give you ladies some fact on the IUD. Even though they say that you can become pregnant fast right after removal thats for women who has had it in less then a year. Here what i found out the longer you had the IUD in the longer it can take to become pregnant it can take anywhere from 18-39months to conceive. 90% of women conceived by the 39month just so you know this can be a long waiting game. Because I just found this website and may not beable to find it again you can e-mail at ***@**** with any questions please put IUD in the your subject line .

can i please say that it depends on what iud you have to how long it takes... after doing alot of blooming reaserch i have this fact to be true , it also depends if you were on another form of birth control before an iud as this can also make it harder to concieve...but everyone is diffrent just because one persons body takes a while to concieve that does not mean it will happen to you in the same way.....it also goes down on age also the older you are the harder it gets to concieve.
i had the mirena in for about 13 months i had it removed april 7th 2008 i had what i thaught was a period april 9th for 7 days like normal i have yet to have another period i am 23 days late ive taken numerous tests which all come back negative .... i dont get it  i have been pregnant 2 other times and concieved very easily the first ended in abortion and the 2nd is now almost 2 years old i am despratly trying to concieve and still no luck . i have pregnancy symptoms all the time though nausea heart burn increases in urinating just about all of them and still no baby what is going on????
maybe you are trying to hard and thats why your period has not come it could be stress , stress can do that....also and i know this for a fact as this happened to me march of 2006 when i found out i was pregnant with my one year old  i had negative tests on cheap hpt's the cheaper ones only pick up the higher amounts of hcg where as if you pay the extra it picks up from 10 rather than 20ml of hcg it could be that you have a low dose of hcg and it is not picking it up try getting a blood test, if the blood test is negative then put it down to stress.
* update since the 1st*
well it is 12/06/2008 i have done 3 test and still all negative on the hpt.....still got heartburn had it for the past 2 weeks urinating more than usual....alot of cramps , ive been feeling tired alot also sore breasts but nothing seems to be comming up on the tests
When my daughter turned about 6 months I had the mirena inserted. I had it in for 2 years and  I had it removed last month (no bleeding adter removal) - 2 weeks later i had a period and then started trying to concieve.  I am now pregnant with baby #2 (2nd cycle after mirena).  So yeah it did not take me long to get pregnant I think how quickly you fall depends on how fertile you were before.
I HAD MY IUD TAKEN OUT ON JUNE 6, 2008. HAD ONE DAY OF BLEEDING AFTER, BUT NOTHING SINCE. MY DOCTOR TOLD ME I COULD GET PREGNANT BEFORE I EVEN GET A PERIOD. MY SISTER IN LAW AND A FRIEND OF HERS BOTH HAD IUD'S AND BOTH GOT PREGNANT RIGHT AWAY AFTER GETTING IT REMOVED. BOTH WITH TWINS.
update....it is now june 26,08...i had merina out may 2,08...started bleeding day i went in to have it removed and a total of about 4-5 days.  i didnt have much other spotting aside from after orgasm (first week or so) until june 9th when i had a little bit of brown spotting and then later that night a little bit of pink...june 10th af full swing.  lasted til about 3 pm on june 12th and then bled for a few hours on june 14th...other than that nothing.  i am now CD 17 and have had no real signs of ovulation aside from wet cm...in may i had ewcm on cd 20...so maybe the IUD extended my cycle days...from a normal 28-30 day cycle to a 38-40 day cycle...which would stick completely.  anyhow good luck to all of you and hope you get lucky with a bfp soon.
i had my iud removed on jun 24 and when i did cm showed signs of ovulating so my husband and i tryed.  but then on the 25 i started to bleed!  Then i stoped on the 27 but toady i ahve started back.  we have been going at it since the 24.  i don't know if i was ovulateing or not. i have been preg 5 times ( i had 2 miscarges)  i never tryed for a baby so this is new to me so please help.
I'm a little concerned about trying to get pregnant now. I'm 38 soon to be 39 and have been dating the greatest man I have ever met for the last year and a half and want to have a child with him something bad. I have 2 children from my previous marriage and my bf doesn't have any kids and he would be a wonderful dad. I was thinking about having my IUD taken out in August in hopes to get pregnant by December, but I'm scared that it will take too long to get pregnant and I don't want to get pregnant after 40. Are there any other older moms here?
I had mine IUD removed on 20May 2008 and it happened my period comes aft a few hrs n it last fr 8days. I been using IUD fr all 7yrs aft my first child n she is now 8yrs old. For all the yrs my mensus has been norml n I dont hv any cramps or wat so ever so I thk IUD is safe for most women. I am now tryin fr a second child n hoping to get conceive as soon. Im hvg my following period aft my IUD removed which start 1st July so its my forth day. I will let u knw if Ive a good news. My adv dont give up n pray to God as He knws wat is best fr u. tc
I had my iud taken out on june 6th. I didn't get my period after and on Friday July 4th I found out I am pregnant. I don't know how far along I am since I didn't get my period,
I had my Mirena removed on June 6 after having it in for approximately 10 months (put in at 6 week PP appt and my DD just turned 1 on 7/6).  I had bleeding for about a week following and have not had anything since.  I noticed some EWCM about a week and a half to two weeks ago.  We aren't exactly trying, yet.  We're not using protection, but he's not "staying inside" either.  I had a pregnancy test run during my physical earlier this week but am assuming that it was negative without a call.  Still waiting on my first true period and am very anxious to start TTC.  Good luck to all!
Well no sooner than I posted that message did I go to the restroom to discover that low and behold, SHE'S HERE!  So my AF returned 33 days after removal (excluding the bleeding that lasted about a week afterwards which would be about a 26 day cycle which is where I was pre-baby.  Looks like I need to get the hubby ready :)
CONGRADULATIONS JAIMIE. It's my first time posting. I do have some questions and would appreciate any comments. I had my IUD removed on May 27th, have not gotten a full period since ( i've had spotting, but no period) I tought i was pregnant did 3 pregnancy tests done, all negative, plus, one blood test, negative as well. I really do wan to become pregnant soon, i purchased the ovulation kit, has anyone used it before? Any advise? Wish me and all of the other ladies trying to conceive luck. Best wishes to all.
this is the first time i have visited this site and i have a few questions. i am very confused about the abbreviations used here could someone clear them up for me.
i had mirena inserted in April of 07 and my hubby pulled the string (no pain what-so-ever) July 6 08. ever since lots of bleeding with several clots. i guess from reading the prior posts this is norm for a while. i hope we don't have to wait a year to concieve baby #7, that would be very depressing. i have noticed that my sex drive is back in full force already, maybe because im so relieved that it is no longer in my body!!!! there are so many conflicting answers out there about return to fertility that i dont know what to believe> even the doctors don't know. i wish i had never had it in and used different birth control. but in mirena's defense i did enjoy not having a period for a year or so. but the weight gain *****.
Thank you Brooke for giving me hope...I've had the IUD for a year and a half and will be getting it removed in 3 weeks...I will try for baby #2..I am 37 (turning 38 in 2 months) so we are in a bit of hurry...I am curious about other older mothers out there...any issues with the IUD?
hey all. i had my IUD inserted in Dec/06 after my daughter was born, and it worked out great for the 21 months i had it.. until i went to the bathroom last week and noticed the string hanging out of me.... fell out.. its been a week without it and ive had bleeding on and off the whole time. nothing that i would definetly say is my AF. like two days os heavy bleeding... nothing for a day.. then another day of heavy bleeding then another day of nothing... now. my Dh and i had sex last night, a week after it fell out... we used pull n pray.. but i could tell he pulled a milisecond too late...ive always been a fertile mertile.  concieved my son 3 months after the shot. without getting a period and concieved my daughter 2 months after the pill.. pretty much the ONLY two times ive NOT been on BC since i became sexually active.. i got pregnant within a few months.

im just rambling.. there is answer for me. since i have NO idea where in my cycle i was when it fell out.  and i dont know if ive had a AF since it came out. my Afs have never lasted more than 2 days in my life.. so any one of those could have been it...

but i do have to say.. while im very mad and bitter and upset that my iud fell out.. im noticing that im calmer lately.. and for the first time in 4 years i was the one wanting sex... and i REALLY wanted it. so my sex drive is back. no weightloss yet.. im hoping i get that too...
im just really nerous about getting pregnant.. we really dont want another child right now.. we wouldnt like freak if we got PG, but we wouldnt be dancing in the streets. DH hates condoms, we have no ins at this point and hormonal BC and i dont get along... the iud was really perfect. but my OB wont give me another one. she said that once one falls out you stand a much higher risk of another one falling out and thats risking too much damage...
I had mirena for less than a year, got preg. 3 weeks after removal (could feel ovulation pains), ended up being twins that never developed a yolk sac, etc, miscarried at 11 weeks.  Almost 4 months later, I am still waiting and am having crazy 2 t0 3 week cycles with definite ovulation dates and no pregancies.  We have been trying, it is hard.  We have 2 children who were conceived VERY easily, so I think mirena messed what was a perfectly healthy reproductive system up. It is not what it's cracked up to be.  We are pushing our luck with a contraceptive that singlehandedly can prevent pregnancy for 5 years.  I advise you NOT to get on it, and if you have, HAVE IT REMOVED at least 4 months before you try again, at least that will be 4 months of semi-getting back to normal.
V
I got the IUD in 2004 after my daughter was born.  Had it taken out May 7 2008 and was pregnant by the end of the month.  Unfortunately I miscarried at 8 weeks.  I am 36 and we will probably wait until December, when I'll be 37 to try again.  Best of luck to you!
I got the IUD in Oct 2005, 6 weeks after my son was born. I had regular periods while on it. I got it removed March 2008 after having it for 29 months. I've been ttc for 5 months with no luck so far. My periods are basically normal- with it being a couple days early/late. I like Mirena, as long as I end up getting pregnant soon! Getting it inserted & removed was a breeze.. no pain, just uncomfortable, but who says a doctor working between your legs in comfortable?

My best friend had her IUD in for 14 months, and has been ttc for 6 months now. She hates Mirena! When she got it removed she bled so much she had to be taken to the ER. They gave her pills to stop the bleeding & said if the bleeding didn't stop within 36 hours to come in & perhaps get a blood transfusion. Her periods are so messed up right now- she's had to resort to an ovulation kit.

I can't believe this thread/post/blog has been going for almost 2 years! Good luck ttc peeps
I had problems with my first iud.

I also had problems with the iud i had taken out on monday. The IUD went almost all the way into cervix and just a tiny little piece was poking out. So they had to remove it because it would have gone all the way in. When i had sex with my husband on the Friday and Saturday before removal it hurt him and me so thats why i went to get it checked and they had to remove it.

So The IUD is good for some people and bad for others. My opinion.

I'm wanting to get pregnant again but now i'm scared after reading all og these stories. I haven't spotted or started bleeding so we will see i guess. GOod Luck to all!
I was terrified to become pregnant again after my daughter was born 1/07 so my OB/GYN talked me into Mirena 8wks pp. I bled for a month post-insertion then had extremely irregular, very heavy periods with severe cramping for the 13 months that I had it. I had tried to have it removed sooner but my OB/GYN refused. I had it removed 4/08, my cycles have become regular (28-30 days) with ovulation on CD19 but my LP is only 9 days.  This is the 3rd cycle that we've been ttc, with the two prior I had what I believed was implantation spotting 8&9DPO but then my period would start. We easily became pregnant with our first 1 cycle post BCP. The very heavy periods with PMS that I had with Mirena have continued. I never had any problems before. So, we too are in limbo, ttc and having problems after Mirena.
I had my IUD taken out 7/1 and had all the pregnancy symptoms... took the test negative.

I had a spotting on 7/5 then on 7/10 and now it was like a period on 8/11 lasted til the 15th. We really want our third. Sending baby dust all your ways.
I had my Mirena removed on Aug. 20th. Have had it for right at 1 year, almost to the day. Just very very light spotting for 1 day, nothing at all yesterday. My husband and I are both wanting another baby, and hoping to conceive by the end of october. After intercource, just the real light spotting that has been normal over the last year. Well... this afternoon, I believe i started my 1st period. Very heavy bleeding like before IUD. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I am back on cycle. We desperately are wanting our 4th child. From what i have read, it varies for each person. I enjoyed the mirena while i had it. Aside from the occasional pain during intercourse, that was easily remidied by moving positions, the lighter and less frequent periods were welcomed! I have always had horrible periods, that at times were over a week long, extremely heavy, and even more painful. From what i can tell, what started today, was just like before.  I will keep this posted with the way this plays out.
I'm hoping to be one of the ladies with good luck!   I am new here and will write out as many of the abbreviations that I have figured out so far, for the gal who asked for help... I am 39 and ttc (trying to conceive).  I had the Mirena inserted after my last miscarriage in March 2005.  On August 18th, I had the thing removed.  It hurt coming out bor a split second but hardly felt it going in...in fact the doctor who inserted it had to do so 3 times because it kept falling out.  Now, birth control and I have never gotten along well and I conceived all of my pregnancies (but one) while practicing some form of birth control.  Anyway, I did not feel very well at all on Monday (after the removal).  I had cramps, body aches and extreme fatigue.  In fact, I fell asleep at 6pm!!  I had some type of AF (Aunt Flo, a saying for menstruation) the whole time I had the Mirena and very inconsistenly with a lot of pain for the first two years.  The last year of the Mirena was the worst!  It was not until I started reading everyone's post that I realized all of the problems that I've been having were probably from the Mirena (acne where I've never had it, Horrible PMS, funky cycles ranging from 25 -31 days apart and lasting from a couple of days to a week and a half), inexplicable weight gain despite regular exercise and strict food intake management and on and on...).  I began my last cycle on the August 14th and it was mostly gone on the day I had the Mirena.  I spotted for 2-3 days.  I just started charting temperatures in an effort to know what my body is doing.  My son has Autism and we are really wanting to try for a girl to improve our odds of escaping more Autism.  I digress once more, I felt as though I had ovulation pains on Wed. (which could be true considering my fluctuating cycles) and have felt increasingly pregnant as each day passes!  It's too early for me to test and I bought the cheap ones, wanting to wait until my AF was due in hopes to see a BFP (BIG FAT POSITIVE...just figured this one out  :)  )  I am hoping my cat is right once more as he has been kneading me like crazy and more affectionate than usual and I am one of the lucky ones who get pregnant right away!! (My cat told me I was pregnant before I even had strong suspicions.  I know that sounds crazy but you don't know my cat!   We call him "Dr. Mo".  GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
i have had my coil in for 3 years now, i had it removed today, it didnt hurt at all, im ready for another baby, i have had no bleeding or spotting today, is it okay to have sex tonight and start now for my baby?
I had the IUD mirena removed on the 3rd of september,today on the 6th I woke up to find heavy bleeding...thinking it was my period back I put in a tampon-well it bleed through QUICK.a half an hour ago I changed it again and found a clot come out with it.I really want another baby-and it ***** that my body is tricking me.I too have been having pregnancy like symptoms...and I hate that they are fake
I am wanting to have another baby. which would be my second. I do have a hormonal IUD. I want to have it removed. But, I do Not know what to except from the removal.... I wish I new how long it would take me to get pregnant. With my first baby it was very fast for me to get pregnant... Thanks..
I had my IUD put in Feb 08 and I had it removed Sept 2, 08

My boyfriend and I want to conceive right away, what is the rate that everyone go pregnant on this? Did anyone get pregnant right away, as in less than one month? I was told it would be a few months for my periods to come back and it was in fact only 2 days. I had it removed on a tuesday and started my period on Thursday. We really would like to get pregnant as soon as possible...I would like to have an late spring or early summer baby...

Thanks!
Brandi
Hi, Im new here. Im getting my Mirena removed tomorrow morning to ttc. I just had my appendix out the end of July, so I am a little worried about getting preg right away because of my muscle still healing from where they cut in. But my hubby wont be home from a training academy until Thanksgiving so i figure that gives my body more time to continue to heal and for my cycle to get on track before we try. I had my Mirena inserted Jan 2007 after my little boy was born. I had bleeding for 3-4 months straight. I called my dr and talked to her about getting it removed and she told me i needed to take some hormone pills to thin the lining and the bleeding should stop, so i tried it for 30 days and it worked. I had occasional spotting and never knew when it was going to happen. My periods pretty much stopped all together. I did get the acne after it was inserted also but its managed. As for weight gain, I was able to lose the weight from the pregnancy. I currently have a little girl that will be 4 in november and a little boy that will be 2 in november and I want 1 more baby and finally got my hubby to want one more.
I have been off Mirena 7 months . And a week before every period I will start lactating and my breast will be sore. My husband and I have been trying for 7 months and took Ovaluation tests trying to get pregnant and no luck. How long does it take to get pregnant after being off the Mirena?
Hi, I had my mirena put in 5 years ago nov 03, I bled for 2 months straight, and than hardly had any periods. NO PROBS!! About 3 months ago in june 08 started having heavier bleeding which was caused because the mirena hormone was nearing its end. I had it removed(no pain) a week ago sept 08 and have had some cramping and heavy bleeding which hasn't stopped so far. Regardless I was told by my gyno to be careful bc I am ovulating and can get pregnant right away. He showed me my ovaries and said i should have a period in 2 weeks, than he showed me my egg, which is why he said to be careful, I'm relieved to have seen my ovaries ok and just think some people worry to much, remember mirena does have some hormones, so everyone's body is different. thanks !!!
I had my iud put in feb 08 and had it removed in aug 08, so i didnt have it very long, my periods have been normal and we have been ttc. i have been tracking ovulaton  and still no luck, we will see, but i hope it happens soon!  wish all of you luck!!!!!!!!!!!
I also have the mirena iud. I got it at my 6 weeks pp appt. Got it in May of 2006. My husband and I are talking about having another baby and I always thought that you could get pregnant right after IUD removal. Now I am worried that it is going to take even longer to get pg. I feel like I should remove it now and then wait a couple of months before trying.....just not sure. I have loved having the mirena as I really don't have a period at all.
I had the mirena put in October of 2005 after my 5th child. I decided to try something different being I had conceived on the pill and the Depo shot. Now with this I didn't conceive but I had it removed in December of 2007 because it was causing pain with or without sex. Since then I decided I want another child, hopefully another boy because I have 3 girls and 2 boys and haven't had any luck. I somewhat feel like the mirena plays a big part in this because conceiving has never been a issue for me. Hearing some people have actually conceived since the mirena I think it's the insertion of it, because some people I noticed said it didn't hurt much. Mine hurt not much but it hurt for about 3-4 days and I bleed. After having it removed my period is actually more regular than it was before I got it. Before it came on anytime and stayed on for 10-13 days. Now 5-6 days,but I haven't seem to be able to get pregnant. I'm puzzled.
I just had my mirena IUD removed on the 26th of September and afterwards had very lite brown (old blood) for maybe 2-3 days.  Ever since then I have had pregnancy signs such as tender breast, tired, extra hungry etc.  And I definetly know that I am not pregnant because I haven't had sex since my husband just got back.  And the other day I had a egg white discharge as if I was ovulating.  I did love my IUD but hope that it doesn't hender me ttc.  I will wait a couple months before returning to my doctor to see what's going on.  BTW I had my IUD in for 3 1/2 years before having it removed.
I had the Mirena placed in fall of 2005, periods dissapeared, but terrible side effects. Had it removed middle of July 2008, immediately had period, lasted about 5 days, then nothing until September 2nd. Then AF visited again on Oct. 6th. OPK was positive 18th and 19th of this month, did have unprotected intercourse with DH on the 17th and on the 19th, so now the waiting game. Each person is different, some people do have decreased fertility after the Mirena, and I have always been a
"fertile Myrtle" my other 3 children were concieved without trying. Hopefully....
BTW, Kudos on keeping this thread going for so long- years even!
just shows we women have longer attention spans LOL!!
Hi, there...I had my Paraguard IUD removed on 10/3, had Intercourse on 10/2 and was actually supposed to ovulate the date of the IUD removal.  I bled real heavily for 7 days and was told by the dr that it's normal.  I am 36, have had 2 IVF/ICSI with two healthy deliveries and then after I stopped BF the 2nd conceived naturally but then miscarried at 10 weeks.  I had the IUD in for 1 year and my dr. says that it's a low percentage that I would conceive naturally due to my age, high-risk, etc.  However, but I would like to know if any of you had similarities and were able to conceive and how long it took.  We want another one, just curious if you could possibly conceive so soon after the removal, etc.  Any comments are welcome.
Hi ladies I had my mirena removed on tues 30th sep 08.
Wanted to keep a little diary of my progress for anyone going through the early stages of removal like myself. I did not have much bleeding at all more like very lightspots for maybe 3 days.The first week was painfull cramping and extreme headaches.(much the same as when mirena was still in) Extreme mood swings. Extreme backache.Kept waiting for AF to start as many others have but still show.
Week 2 :I was so bloated that honestly you would think i was 4 months preg. I really lived in track pants as that was all that would fit.The pressure in my lower stomach from this was terrible.Still very moody(like when i first quit smoking) very agitated.still no bleeding.Took a HPT but showed a neg. bummer. I was waiting for the CRASH that you hear about and for me it was about day 10 and 11. wow was this horrible. lasted probably 2 days(most of the above mentioned but x10) and then my head was clear like it hasn't been in years.I had mirena in for 2 1/2 years and NEVER had bleeding or spotting from day 1.
Week 3 :Visited my doc today, had pap smear,When i had my last visit he said i had signs of "fibroids" (which is also a direct link from mirena's hormones)Fingers crossed they are small with no harm to conceiving.
He thinks AF should arrive in the next 2 weeks. So i am playing the waiting game.On a brighter note this week I feel more like my old bubbly self.which is a huge positive.
I will update regulary as I am trying to get pregnant like most of us.
A big thank you to all ladies who have posted previously I have read all the stories about 5 times. It gives me comfort to know I am not alone.
Good luck ladies and baby dust to all.
I just wanted to update my last posting. After five or six months after my IUD was removed, I was able to get pregnant. I just had my baby girl a little over a week ago on the 14th. Good Luck to all!
Hi again ladies.
Week 4: This week has been so much better. really do feel like my old self. Still no AF.Very frustrating its been 29 days.(since removal)No spotting either. very sore boobs this week maybe im actually ovulating.Been keeping busy in the bedroom just in case.(sore boobs could be a few things) but the test was neg.everyday i wait for AF to arrive just so i feel like im not trying in vain.I know its all about patience but it definantly consumes my daily thoughts.
CONGRATULATIONS (waiting around)on your baby girl.Its so nice to be reminded of whats around the corner.
hi there, im new here just wanted to ask a question. i had my mirena removed on the 23 oct had no spotting, but then two days later very heavy bleeding with clots and still going but getting better, is this my period or is it just beacuse of removal. thank you and good luck to all of us trying to concive.
Hi there!

I got my IUD (Mirena) taken out on the 13th of this month. I didn't bleed right after like they said I would, but, I did bleed lightly for 3 days a week later. Not sure if that was my period... I am trying to conceive and not sure to think of that as a period and take pregnancy tests based on that? Anyone else go through that and conceive without any problems?? Thanks, and congrats and good luck to all!!
Hi.  I'm new to the forum.  I've got 2 daughters.  4 & 16 months.  I had the mirena inserted in Aug/07 at my 6week pp exam.  After doing research i learned that the Mirena probably is the cause of some pretty annoying symptoms.  As in: acne, weight gain, mood swings(horrible ones), headaches, back pain, nausea, etc.  All of which made me feel prego all the time.  I wasted so much money on pregnancy tests while on the mirena b/c i always felt pregnant and i never had a period or spotting in the last 6 months of being on it.  Anyways, I had the mirena removed on wednesday of last week.  It was virtually painless.  I've had a little spotting here and there but nothing heavy at all.  no cramps or anything like that.  i'm still waiting on the "crash" i've read about.  not looking forward to that one.  I have noticed that just this morning my breast, especially nipples, are very tender.  I haven't felt that since pregnancy.  The hubby and I had sex yesterday.  2 days after the removal of the mirena.  We are anxious to conceive again soon as we are hoping for a little boy.  I'm just a little concerned about how long it will be before i start my first cycle.  I've never looked forward to having a period like I am now!  Wish me luck!  Best wishes to all!!!!
I to had a iud removed surgically as threads were unable to be seen 1 month ago light spoting for 4 days after then I ovulated  then had a rush of light colour blood  on day 7 .since then nothing .WAITING FOR A PERIOD  BUT HAD NEG PREG TEST! i also have complex  cyst on left ovarie want a baby should I be worried about the affects of merina may have caused and the cysts affect on fertility?
Hi to all. I'm new also. So i have a 8yr old & a 6 yr old., My husband and I are ttc now. I just had my mirena removed on 10-9-08. I think I had a period on 10-2 for about 1/2 day. I had some spotting/ bleeding on the 13th and 14th. (sorry if tmi) so my husband and i have been having sex just every other day since then. WE ARE REALLY TRYING!! I just feel so confused because while i was on the mirena i would go months without AF and now I dont know when to expect her. I've taken a hpt and a blood test (neg) but i think they were way to early to take. I still havent got AF as of today. Any suggestions? should i wait to retest. GOD DO I HATE WAITING!!!! thats the worst part.
I also had my mirena removed recently to ttc #2. I had it put in after my son was born in jan 07 and had it removed on sept 27th. I had seven days of heavy bleeding with clots that started about 2 days after removal. We were planning on waiting about 1-2 months to ttc but we also were not preventing pregnancy. we found out nov 1 that i was pregnant. so yes it can happen right away. now i am just worried that something is going to go wrong with the pregnancy after heaaring about many miscarying when cancieving so soon after removal.
Hi ladies
Well I have some news.Last week at (week 5 since removal) I took a HPT as I had really sore heavy boobs and sure enough I had a faint positive.I was so scared this wasn't real that I waited 5 days to re test.I re tested on the weekend and had a BFP. To be honest i really can't believe it but I'm am so happy and excited.Now on the flip side I like you weeze85 am so so scared of having a miscarriage.So its one day at a time.I have had no periods since removal and it does scare me alot.I would love to hear from anyone else who is in later stages of pregnancy or who has delivered full term with a similar senario.Good luck to everybody(inc myself) babydust is in the air
Hi Im new to this so bare with me. My husband and I are contemplating to have baby# 3 ! Im so excited. So it takes a year to get pregnant after the mirena. Ive had it in for exactly a year yesterday. I love how i dont have to worry about it. but the first three months i had a very heady flow straight three months. reading all these posts scare me, i hope i can get preg again! with my first i was on the depo got off then three month late got preg..the second preg i was on the pill got off then three months later i was preg! so im hoping this will be the same way but i doubt it! wish me luck for a boy!
I had mirena in march 06 - october 08. i had very light bleeding after removal then my first real period came mon 10th Nov. this pleased me as although i wasnt pregnant i atleast could try to work out when i could conceive. if u have a period does this necessarily mean u are ovulating??

wow im shocked after reading all your posts not many success stories out there. i had my IUD inserted 6wks after my daughter was born she is now 3yrs old and i had my IUD removed 3wks ago in the attempt 2 have another baby. during the 3yrs i had the IUD in i had occasional spotting and the odd period tha would last a day or 2 i thought it was great at the time not thinking of the lasting effects it might be having on my body! since having the the coil removed me and my bf had sex straight away i havent had even 1 spot of blood i've had a few cramps, sore nipples in the moning and needing the toilet alot more but im very confused as to what could be going on down there!! like so many of you out there i was also told i could get pregnant straight away. im going to wait another wk or 2 before doing a test really hope its positive. wish me luck and good luck to all out there who is as desperate as me!!
Hi Ladies,
I am new to the post and I want to let you know how helpful everyone's comments have been. Also want to say congrats on the long duration of the forum. I had been on the Mirena from Jan. 02- Dec. 07. I had minimal cramping after insertion but no major issues. Throughout the entire time of being on Mirena I had very light spotting about every 3 months. I did have headaches, fatigue, acne and some moodiness but will not say that they were caused by Mirena. I was very satisfied with this form of BC. I had it reinserted in Feb. 08 after deciding that I wasn't quite ready for another child  and I had enjoyed not having to experience my monthly visits from AF. My children are currently 10 and 7. Once again I didn't experience any problems and had pretty much the same response as previously. I removed it on Nov. 18 in hopes of ttc soon. I had very light brown spotting on the day of removal but nothing since. The week prior to removal I believe that I may have begun ovulating due to slight cramping but it is hard to tell with not getting a regular period throughout the use of Mirena. We have not used any protection thus far and are hopeful. I have to admit thought that I am a little nervous now about having trouble with conceiving and miscarriage. I will keep you posted of our journey.
I just had my IUD removed last week after having it in for 20 months.  While I had the Mirena, I had fairly regular periods (usually 22-28 days apart) - lighter than before I had the IUD.  I got the IUD removed the day after my AF stopped.  The next day I had heavy, dark red bleeding for about 12 hours.  After that I have had some rust colored, milky discharge.  We are ttc baby #1 - never been pregnant before.  I'm a nurse, and I'm tempted to get really technical in this whole process (you know - flow charts, basal temps, home ovulation kits, etc).  I'm trying not to let myself do these things because I could go nuts with the whole process.  AAGGH!  
7 months after removal
and my doctor told me that was because the mirena can still work for up to 9 months after the removal of it cause the hormone from it can still be in ur system
hi smiling, its lovely to know that i am not the only one who is impatient lol!!! i have spent a small fortune on ovulation kits to no sucess, had my mirena out on 20th oct this year. i dint believe wot somebody said about 9 months for your body to get back to normal - my doc said u can get pregnant straight away
Thanks for the support.  I'm very confused about spotting versus having my period.  It's reassuring to hear  stories from the women who got preggers just a few months after IUD removal.  My OBGYN says her sister got pregnant within 3 months of getting the Mirena out.  I should be ovulating soon if my last period was actually a period and not some weird Mirena bleeding.  Took an ovulation test this afternoon - negative.  BOO!  Once I know that I am ovulating again, I'm going to quit with the tests/calendar marking, etc. and just let nature take her course for a few months.
Also, I am having all of these crazy hormaonal changes since Mirena removal.  My normally dry, frizzy hair is now silky smooth - almost oily.  I have been dizzy and nauseaous every afternoon since removal.  I had horrible mood swings over the weekend - my poor hubbie.  We'll never make a baby if I keep acting like that!  Anyone else experiencing these symptoms?
Ha so funny cause i have felt very nauseas late afternoon/early evening lately - which is very unlike me as i am not a sicky person. i have bought ANOTHER ovulation kit but all through the time that i am supposed to be ovulating it has come up negative!!! so confused. i had a proper AF 3 weeks after removel so surely i should be ovulating!!!x
My OBGYN said that during the 3 months after removal, ovulation can come at any time.  I'm guessing that this means that my period and when I ovulate may not be related as closely as during a regular cycle.  Hum, just an idea.....I'm really trying to kick my nuerotic tendencies and just let nature take her course (thus far I have completely failed at this goal).  I'm such an efficient person.  I like for things to happen when they are suppose to happen so this crazy, whacked out menstrual cycle post-Mirena is driving me bonkers.  Oh well, so is life....
hi smiling, great news!!! im ovulating - took a test and said i am ovulating - atleast i know i am ovulating yay!!! hope this month is my month!! xx
Fabo news!!  There is hope.  Best of luck - it's wonderful to know that you ddn't have to wait 9 mo.s to ovulate.  I spent the better part of the afternoon dizzy and nauseaous again.  Stayes horizontal on the couch to keep the room from spinning.  Hopefully these symptoms mean that my body is working overtime to get back into regular cycles.  I have hope now that I know you are ovulating.  Thanks for sharing.
have now been 'in the bedroom' as much as i can as i know i am ovulating. i really hope that as i know that i am ovulating (and my husband has super-sperm) that it will be this month that i fall pregnant. - iam so impatient!!!
I had my last period on November 13th while I still had the IUD in.  IUD was removed Nov. 18th (or was it the 19th?), and I ovulated on the 28th of November.  I know I probably don't have enough uterine lining to have implantation this month but have hope for yourself.  Ovulation can occur soon after IUD removal!!  Also, good luck allenbabby007!!
I had the Mirena IUD inserted since Jan on Dec 25th of 2007 I gave birth to a little girl and I had the Depo than in Jan I was switched over to Mirena. While on Mirena I had a period every month. I had my IUD removed on Oct 30th of 2008 and my husband and I are trying to conceive. The day after my IUD removal I began to have heavy bleeding which took me to the hospital the Doctor said it was because of the IUD my OB/GYN doctor said that the IUD was infected. Around Nov 14th I had like brownish show coming down for 2 days. I took a 5 day early pregnancy today but it came up as negative may I be pregnant? As all of you I am also anxious and hoping to conceive. Good Luck To All :)
hi smiling, hows the ovulation going. i am now hoping this is my month.
was wondering, because i didnt ovulate on the 14th day after the first day of my period does that mean my cycle is longer?? never tracked my cycle before.
after reading all of the coments it makes me nervouse that i wont get pregnant. i got the iud after giving birth to my daughter in 06 i just had it out oct 08 and i had a period of so i think i did and think i ovulated but im now a week late with extreme exsastion! i have also experienced cramping but not the kind that make me feel like blah, along with nausea, heartburn, and tender brest. is this normal after removal stuff or could i be prego? my husband and i are hopeful and want to have baby #2. any advice
i got my iud taken out end of Sep 08 i had it in since march 07, we are trying to get preg. i had my cycle after i had my iud taken out it started on Oct 4th, its now dec 3rd and i just took a test and there barley a line in the second window, noone else sees it i can see it, maybe i am a little anxious, what do you think? i have cravings, tender breast, i urniate alot lately and have mood swings, also a little weird my hair on my legs have been growing really fast, what's up?
Ive read most, if not all, of the comments here and I have not heard anyone mention the following... I had my mirena for 16 months, just had it removed on the 1st of Dec. YESSS!!! I hated it! Too many negative symptoms to list but the crazy thing I experienced is : For the last 5 months that I had my IUD in, everytime me and my fiance had sex I would bleed ALOT afterward, Im talkin a heavy-heavy period like bleed. I couldnt take all of the sypmtoms (sore boobs, moodiness, headaches, ACNE, the list goes on and on) as it was and then when the bleeding after sex happened I was just like "get this thing out". The nurse at my OB said to go to an urgent care because the IUD could have punctured my uterus... no puncture, just annoying messy bleeding they all said would stop, but didn't.

Has anyone experianced heavy period like bleeding immediately after sex with the mirena iud in?

So here I am 2 days after removal and feel a little better already. I started bleeding a deep red/ brownish color discharge this am and have had a very bloated stomach, no gas, just bloated =].  My fiance is away for work so no worries on getting pregnant now, but we would like to ttc when he gets home in 2 weeks. I dont want to go all crazy with ovulation kits or anything... if it happens it happens, I'll just take care of myself and avoid anything that wouldn't be "pregnacy kosher",lol. I want another baby and so does he so we'll see.

Wafting in all the pregnancy dust that has been thrown my way =]