How long did it take you to conceive after Mirena IUD removal?
Has anyone had the Mirena IUD and had it removed to ttc. I am just curious how long it took you to conceive after Mirena IUD removal?  How long until your menstrual cylces were regular? I got my IUD out on Aug 5th and am ttc. I have had lots of spotting and maybe a period but nothing regular.  I called my doc and they said that it takes 3 months before the hormones are out of your system. The mirena website makes it sound as though you can get pregnant anytime after removal.  Any advice/stories would be appreciated.  Thanks.
My doctor told me that you can get pregnant immediately after getting off Mirena but it may take a month or two for your uterine lining to build back up.  Since Mirena suppressed the lining from building up.
I had mine out Nov 7th, we waited one cycle for our own reasons, had a chemical pg at Christmas, got my last af on Jan 22nd and am now due Oct 28th : )

Andi
Congratulations! Did you get AF when IUD was in place? When did your get your first AF after IUD removal?  And did you have any spotting?
Hey missy, I've had the IUD in for about 3 1/2 months now. Although we have not taken it for a 'test drive'... still... um, I'm getting spontaneous spotting. Sometimes red and sometimes brown. I dont understand why I'm getting these strange spotting..
Sorry to origional poster, I didnt feel it was necessary to open another post. :-)
Jen
Hey - you're back! How's your little girl?? She must be getting big!
Girl, take that thing for a test drive! I had sex 3 days after I got my IUD in and it's been a blessing except for the occassional spotting that makes me think its implantation bleeding. I recomend an IUD to everyone!
Some women will spot throughout the first year with it, but most will see that drop off and will see lighter periods as well. I was nursing for the first full year I had my IUD in, which helped contribute to not having an af. Once I weaned, my period returned, but was extremely light, literally a few days of spotting. When I got it removed, my cycle stayed the same.

Andi
Yep, I'm back! Been super busy with my 4month old and school. :-) Shes doing wonderful. Getting so super big and such a pretty lil thing. Its funny, but she is very polite and well mannered for a little baby. She wakes up with little sweet sounds and is always smiling. :-)
And Andi, Congratulations. :-) YAY! any girls yet?
I got the IUD in fear of having another baby, but I actually have NO desire to have sex anymore...I think I'm just flat out unattracted to the boyfriend...
anyway. thanks. :-)
hi everyone i just got the iud put in about 3week ago and my period been on for 2 weeks now...do you know how long it will be on? if i go get it taken out will my period do right off?
Hi Umm I didnt do any research before geting the mirena iud... now  am scared because I see that a lot of women have not been able to conceive after the mirena IUD removal... pls help!!! I have had it for 18 months and after all the crazy stories, I am thinking of having it removed :(.  
Hi, Angie - there's nothing wrong with the Mirena for most women. I had mine for two years and took it out only because my BF and I are trying to have a baby. The Mirena was the best birth control I ever had in my life!  This is also true of several of my friends. You can technically conceive immediately after the removal, but it may take a little longer than that. Much less time than w/the pill, though. Hang in there.
I had my IUD removed in July 2007 and since then my body has not been the same. I noticed that I have a strong odor that smells like old blood and a clear jelly-like discharge whenever I wipe myself. This did not occur immediately after I got my IUD removed. This just started happening.  I went to the doctor ran ever test on me imaginable and they all came back negative. Is this normal? Is it normal my body to go throught this......Please advise.  Thank you!!
I had my Mirena IUD for 2 1/2 years and LOVED it.  I had a only a rew days of spotting the whole time.  However the next thing I knew it fell out.  I took a test the day after it fell out to see if I was pregnant and it was neg. ( I thought maybe that is why it fell out)  How soon can u get pregnant after removal? I had spotting for a couple of days, and now it is the waiting game :) How long should I wait to take another one?  Thanks for any comments I would love that :0)
I had mine removed 7/25/07 and up to now 11/21 I have not been able to conceive and every doctor tell me somthg different the last time they told me it could be up to a year.
I had my IUD removed about a week ago and for the last couple days I have had heavy bleeding with clots. My question is if that is normal once it has been removed and how long does it last. I had it in for over a year but wanted it removed because my husband and I are planning for another baby. So I have one more question, how long could it take to conceive once it is removed? and is it safe to try the first month that it has been removed?
I had the mirena in for about 13 months & had it removed end of august to try to get pregnant. I had thought it was more immediate. I found out it can take 3-6 months for your cycle to return. my husband and I are pretty bummed because we would have removed it earlier (or never had it put in).
Anyway, I bled a few days after removal (probably due to the removal) & then nothing until a couple days of brown spotting at the beginning of this month. then I had what appeared to be ovulation signs mid month (ewcm for 2 days, pain on right side that felt like an air bubble, not cramps, for 4 days), but then after the signs, a day of nothing, then days of heavy bleeding. that is where I am now, day 4 of bleeding & my cycles before were only 2-3 days. is this normal? if this is my cycle returning, I am at 3 months post iud removal. is it normal to bleed heavier with your first cycle back?
any feedback would be great. Thanks!

ps- took a couple pregnancy tests along the way, all negative.
i had an IUD put in may of 04 and i had it taken out in the begining of october and i still have not had a period? i want to get pregnant but i am afraid that the IUD messed my body up. am i just impatient? can i still get pregnant even with not having a period??
I just had the I.UD put in yesterday, it hurt pretty bad, the doctor told me that my cervix was unusually tightly closed? Any how, I was wondering how long the cramping will last, it has calmed down, but not gone away. Also I have a thick mucus discharge since insertion and old blood....it's only been a day and a half, but is this normal? Should she have not forcefully inserted it. My mother has me freaked out.
when i had mine put in i had bleeding the next day and spotting the next month then my periods went away completely. the cramping would come and go for the first couple of weeks or 1st month.

i posted my last bulletin asking about the pregnancy thing and how long it would take for me 2 get pregnant...well i found out on dec. 1st that i am pregnant so i guess u can get pregnant without having a period.
Congrats!!! How exciting :) And that is good to know!!