How long did it take you to conceive after Mirena IUD removal?
Has anyone had the Mirena IUD and had it removed to ttc. I am just curious how long it took you to conceive after Mirena IUD removal?  How long until your menstrual cylces were regular? I got my IUD out on Aug 5th and am ttc. I have had lots of spotting and maybe a period but nothing regular.  I called my doc and they said that it takes 3 months before the hormones are out of your system. The mirena website makes it sound as though you can get pregnant anytime after removal.  Any advice/stories would be appreciated.  Thanks.
I am new to this chat. I got my IUD removed on Jun. 23rd. Had some spotting after sex that day that stopped. I started bleeding alot on Jul. 5th lasted 10 days. But now I have some dark brown spotting after sex? Has anyone else had this problem? I have also been feeling sick. I have been getting very bad headaches. Anyone else feel the same way?
Thanks Becca
HEY GUYS. I'M NEW HERE BUT I WANTED 2 SHARE MY EXPERIENCE WITH THA MIRENA
MY 5 YEARS WAS GONNA B UP N JULY. I WAS SPOTTING AT WORK SO I PUT N A TAMPON, WEN I GOT HOME FROM WROK THAT NITE ROUND 10 PM ON JULY 3RD I TOOK MY TAMPON OUT AN RITE BEHIND IT MY MIRENA CAME OUT. I WAS SCARED BUT FOUND OUT THAT I SHOULD BE OKAY. MY BOYFRIEND AN I HAVE BEN WANTING TO TRY FOR A BABY. I HAVE  BEN SIC 2 MY STOMACHE AN SPOTTING A LIL BUT THAT HAS STOPPED. I HAVE TAKEN A COUPLE OF PREGNANCY TEST AN THEY HAVE ALL BEN NEGATIVE. I GUESS IT IS HORMONAL. CANANYONE GIVE ME ENSIGHT ON THIS?
i got my mirena removed may 26th,, july 10th i had what i think was a period but it was only for three ddays and the bleeding and cramping was on and off the whole three days..took a test and it was negative so i am hoping it was a period and now i can track my ovulation for this month.
Hey....I'm so sory 4 your loss....my prayers r with u. Try not 2 stress out! Just support him n stay positive! At da moment u guys r having bad times, but just remember that doesn't last 4-ever....your gud times will come soon. I no exactly how u r feeling...we r also goin through a difficult time. We r just trying 2 b patient n stay positive. Like da saying goes patience pays off!!! Gud luk with evrything! Take care!  

he says everything is all good. but we no it not, now he trying to get his brother to move in and that was going to be the baby room i dont no what going on in his head. and he said he would love to be a dady on his 30th bday that next month so that meen i have to get pregant his month
im new to the forum but i have been reading everyones comments for a while trying to figure out what is coming next after the mirena removal. i had mine taken out june 8th and have still had no sign of a period. but im thinking it may be coming soon due to all the signs pointing to pregnancy but the test was negative. im hoping i get it soon just so i know when to try again. i took me a year to get pregnant with my daughter and im really hoping it does not take that long this time. any suggestions on things to try and do to help things along?
okay i took a test on sat and is was neg..... i am getting annoyed now i had my iud out on april 6th and didnt have a period till june 9th and so i thought that i might be back on track but i guess i am not it is now the 20th and no period. has anyone else had a period and then it took a while to have another one after the first period. i didnt really have periods when i had the iud in so i am hoping that i am not really messed up from it. if anyone has experienced the same thing will you let me know this is driving me crazy.
Hi....I'm in da same boat as u. I had da mirena taken out on May,12 n had sum bleeding. Then started my period on June,16...but still haven't started this month! I also didnt get any periods while on da mirena. I've been getting cramps 4 da past couple of weeks but nothin so far. Crossing my fingers n hoping I won't start. After da mirena for sum it takes a few months for your cyle to get bak to normal. It just a wait n c game! I no it can drive u crazy wondering. But hav patience! Gud luk with evrythin!  

Hey Guys,
From what I understand, even if you are perfectly healthy (and so is your partner) there is still on 25% chance you will conceive each month. So you have to be patient. I hate waiting too. Which I guess is why I like this forum.
Someone said they could feel ovulation...I can too. I did when I had the mirena as well. I used to joke, "I just laid an egg."
Again, I just had mine taken out in early July. Our goal is to conceive before November but we will see what happens. My husband and I are really enjoying the trying part. I am trying to focus on our connection more than the actual conceiving.
I was having some spotting after sex the first week after the mirena removal. I wanted to update that is gone now. I noticed some other people mentioned that.
Have a good day!
i feel the same as all of you, i had my iud out june 12 and have had 2 periods and im testing  for ovulation the line is omost the same colors so any day now i will be ovulationing, i hope this month will be the month, we lost our uncle on fri and we want to name the baby after him if its a boy... i thank god i have all of u if i did not have this site i think i would be going crazzy
Hi...after I had my mirena taken out a few weeks later i felt some cramping and the ovulation test was positive.

Good luck to everyone!
i got my mirena out in may bleed for a while had a period the next month now here it is july my period should have started july 14 taken preg. test and it neg. what should i do?
I just had my Mirena taken out today after 5 1/2 years.  My boyfriend and I are planning on trying in Aug/Sept.  Anyone have thoughts on this and if it's too soon?
Forgot to mention that I had no period and no complications for the entire 5 years.  A small amount of spotting in the last 6 months mostly after intercourse.  I have had very little spotting or cramping today and am hoping for the best.
Hi, I'm new to this website, but I got my mirena IUD taken out on July 13, and had really heavy bleeding for 10days, starting the same day it was taken out. My question is in how many days should I expect my period?  We are trying to get pregnant right away as well.  will keep you posted.

louis123
I thought I would share my story with you all. I had my Merina taken out June 3 and didnt have any bleeding or anything. I started my period on June 26 which lasted 5-6days and was pretty bad. I then took a pregnancy test today June 23 knowing my period should come any day. When I took the test it should negative and then 3 mins later I looked again and you can see the faint line showing early stages of pregnancy. So I well test again on Sunday to see how things show. I know my body after 3 kids and getting up in the middle of the night to go pee, is something my body doesnt do. However I have been doing this for about a week or more...I really dont feel prego but only time will tell me more....I am 36 yrs old and have been on the merina for over 1 1/2 and didnt have my period at all. I bleed for 6moths with spotting all the time. After all that my body got in mode and I spotted from time to time... ...If you want to know more you may ask...Wish all you and everyone luck trying...

Heather
forgot to metion that I have 2 children working on #3 and have had the iud for 4 years.  and hoping to get pregnant soon.  
it definitely depends on the individual.  It took my 6.5 weeks to get my period after having it removed and some other people take a couple of weeks, some take months... it depends.  Thats a question that no one on this site can answer.

I have only had 1 period since removal and I am praying that I am back to normal bc I have heard of some people getting their period, and then not getting another for months.
Well, I'm still not pregnant after hitting the 6 month mark post-removal. I'm not suprised since it took 2 years off bc & 6 months of actually ttc to get my last child.

This time we're also not supposed to be "ttc"; we're supposed to just "see what happens". However, I'll be 28 days since the 1st day of my last period on Saturday & Baby Daddy is already talking to my stomach & asking his imaginary baby if they are in there. He also suggested that we take a test on Saturday..."just for fun". And just like last time, he wants to see me pee on the stick so he can feel like he's 100% a part of the whole pregancy. Gee, no pressure there.

I'm wondering if anyone else has a Baby Daddy who is as anxious as mine.

So ladies, is it just you, just them, or both of you who is counting to Day 28 & beyond?