How long did it take you to conceive after Mirena IUD removal?
Has anyone had the Mirena IUD and had it removed to ttc. I am just curious how long it took you to conceive after Mirena IUD removal?  How long until your menstrual cylces were regular? I got my IUD out on Aug 5th and am ttc. I have had lots of spotting and maybe a period but nothing regular.  I called my doc and they said that it takes 3 months before the hormones are out of your system. The mirena website makes it sound as though you can get pregnant anytime after removal.  Any advice/stories would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Well it is like what you said it isn't over untill the big AF sings. Down feel to bad sometimes the test shows a BFN and once your AF doesn't show and you take a test it changes.  Some of those test don't work until you miss your AF. Anyways good luck and my thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone else waiting for the BFP
Good afternnoon everyone i havent posted in awhile but have been reading all your posts congrats to al the BFP hope everyone had a good mothers day!!

So AF decided to show her face mothers day morning when i got up but it didnt ruin my day kids were so cute when i was opening the gifts they got me i think they were more excited then i was to see what it was even tho they already new lol gotta love them.

Status
removel march 8th
AF march 12th
AF April 12th
AF May 9th so thought i was a 31 day cycle but the first AF i think was removel bleeding so hopefully on track now and everything is looking up hope to get prego this month so i can have a February baby wish it was a leap year so i could push the baby to be born on my birthday that would be cool

have a good day ladies again congrats to all of you
I am happy that everything went good in your appt. So it seems that you thougth you were a week behind? I remember because we had the same due date 1/11/11... tomorrow I will be 5 weeks.....
4 more days until my first doctor's visit/ultrasound!
Im glad everything looks ok. So excited for you!

Everyone:

... AF just showed! BOO! Im going to plan when is the best time to BD this month but thats about it. Im going to try to take it easy and relax. We are going to visit family at the end of the month and then when we get back we are getting a puppy! Im sure that will keep my mind off of stuff for a bit.

Good luck to EVERYONE!

LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of BABY DUST!!
is there any chance that the negative blood test can be wrong if I am only 10-11 DPO?  My BBT has been very high last few days.  I feel pg, but the doc said there is no chance.  I said I am either pg or have a UTI based on the cramping and he said neither.  I am so confused!  

Has anyone had a negative blood test at 10-11 DPO but found out few days later they were pg?
Thanks.  The DR. used the 1st day of my last period which was April 1st.  I ovulated late...4/20.  They didn't want to use the actual conception date....So I'm thinking I am due 6-11th. I am doing all the chromosomal testing since I will be 40 next week and will have an ultrasound between weeks 11 -18 its called a Nuchal Translucency test.
GOOD LUCK with all the tests...... everything will be fine don't even stress about it.... besides, the hardest part was TTC and YOU GOT IT! :)
Thaks!  That is what I did.....I tried not to think about it even though I knew our optimal days and we had fun with it.  I also held back on testing as well and didn't get my hopes up the morning I got my BFP.  When I saw it I was estatic.  Good luck to everyoen TTC.

Blowing lots of baby dust your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with USN..I'm not going to stress on it and I'm only going to test once on the day of my period. I should ovulate around the 21st, so will see. I dont have it in me to stress over it anymore. Knowing the optimal days and paying attention to my body for signs will have to be enough this cycle. I spent boo koo bucks last months on HPT and OPK's. Ridicolous amounts, I think I became addicted to POAS..lol.
I wish the doctos would tell women like me and all of the other women who were on it the possible side effects after it is removed becuase I would have never had it put in.  Also I have contacted the Mirena compnay and asked them what is normal side effects after the mirena is taken out and they just repeated what the side effects are while you have it in.  Women need to leave all the bad feedback information with the Mirena company and let them know what happens to us women who don't have it anymore and are having any type of problems especially if some women would like to have more children all of there paperwork states you can get pregnant right away after removal and it is incorrect.  
So I got a BFN today.  Af is not due until Thursday but I will not test until next week.  I do not think my body is totally adjusted yet. I mean it has only been 2 full months since I have had Mirena removed.  

Although, I did kind of think I was pg because I was so exhausted.  Oh well  Maybe next month.
Sorry your bloods were neg but implantation happens between days 6 and 12 and average day 7/8 and anything later than day 10 gives a higher chance of m/c. I had a look at your temps and they look normal for where you are in your cycle. im cd 4 and my temps are only dropping now which is normal its completely and having them high in the tww is normal i just dont want you getting your hopes up and stressing about it cos then that will make af not come. just take it easy and relax and remember a lot of early pg symptoms are pms symptoms.  the bloods are pretty accurate and anything under 5 hcg levels is neg because we all have a bit of that hormone.
This is a nightmare, I called my doctors for results of my bloods to see if I am ovulating. It will be a week tomorrow since they were taken. There was a problem at the labs and they have had no results in this week. I have to try tomorrow or thursday again. This is a bloody nightmare. Trying to find out if Im ovulating is as bad as 2ww to POAS. I am on CD27, up to 7 more days for AF to show up. I am trying not to test again until then, though its hard not to. If however I get my results back and I am not ovulating then I wont need to test.
Does anyone know what the step is after finding out you are not ovulating? Im just wondering what will happen from here if Im not. Kinda scared of the outcome.

BABY DUST to all us women still ttc xxxx
Meant to say, only symptoms right now are sore breasts which had for about 10days. Assuming it just AF symptoms. No cramps so far this month so thats good.

BABY DUST xx
I had acupuncture yesterday. She said everything was calm after ovulation but that is all she can tell me right now. She mentioned trying some herbs if I don't come up positive by next week. I will let you know what she gives me.
To recap: Mirena removed in July 09, screwed up cycle for 3 months, then 3 long but regular cycles (43 days), Started acupuncture and dwindling down the cycle length. This month I will have a 35 day cycle. It's a start. My ovulation has been very strong these past two cycles and I know it's from the needles. Other cool things she has helped with: no more insomnia, no more seasonal allergies, digestive issues, and general sense of well being.

I'm trying not to think about every little twinge or feeling I am getting since ovulation. I have been doing that for over 9 months and it will make you crazy.

Let's all see if relaxing helps.
My AF finished yesterday and my body seems to acting normal now (no pregnancy symptoms). So to date my coil was removed on the 20th April my AF came bang on time and it was no heavier or lighter than when i had my coil in.
According to my ovulation calander my fertility period starts from Friday, so all systems go TTC.

Good luck to all TTC and congrats to all of you that are pregnant. xx
AF due today we will see if she shows, I am not sure if I think I am prego or not, feel pretty good, no PMS at all (which is nice) my boobs are still huge and sore, feel icky espically later in the day and really tired in the afternoon/ evenings I feel asleep last night cuddling with hubby watching T.V. . That is pretty unusual for me.
We will see what the next few days brings! Good luck to all TTC/prego and on 2WW!!
well i havent been on here in a while since i was wanting to just chill from all the stress of ttc.

here's my recap-
iud insterted- 1/8/09
iud removed-11/25/09 ( no periods the entire time it was in)
first af- 1/10/10
second af- 2/11/10
third af- 3/23/10
fourth af- 4/26/10

i believe that i o'd just the other day, had some severe ovulation pain, alot of ewcm, and we did do the bd, so we will see. also ever since i o'd i have been having more sensitive breast. so we will see how it goes this month.
Ok, so my AF isn't due until the 15th but it is too early to test... but seriously I hope I get my bfp... my boobs are too big for my bra!!! Which I am not complaining but I am hoping they are not symptoms of an AF... although they have never been a symptom before, my nipples are also bigger (sorry if tmi) I have had cramping all last week and it stopped and been really gassy for like  a week and a half, which is also not me, and I have been nauseous off and on.... so we will see, just hoping I am not dissapointed!
Good Morning to all.. I just received my AF and now I am wondering if someone can tell me how do I figure out when I Ovulate.  Can someone tell me. I never have been able to tell.  Please explaine. Any help is very appreciated.
Had my ultrasound today found out I am having a boy!

Sweety09:
How are you feeling these days? Cant wait to hear about your first ultrasound!
Hi All, Had Merina removed Jan 29th First AF March and April AF came exactly 28 days later. Was due AF sunday gone but all i got was a little light red spoting on wipeing and nothing since. did hpt yesterday but was negative. Anyone any ideas whats going on?

Congrats to all on the HTPs

Thanks in Advance for replys.
Congrats on your Boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!
Is that what you wanted? is your husband happy? Any names yet?

I am feeling good, I have been resting alot lately (just in case)... just 3 more days until my ultrasound. My husband and I are very excited but I am a little scared too... He said that I have to think positive and stop thinking about it so much, so I am trying to keep my mind busy all the time.
how many weeks are u my doctor wont do my ultrasound until 20 weeks congrats on your baby boy
I have a good feeling about your little one, your Hcg seems to increase well. Yes get lots of rest and drink lots of water. I cant wait for your ultrasound. Super excited for you and your hubby.
I was hoping for a girl but pretty much knew I was going to have a boy as boys run in the hubby's family. I guess we will be having 2 kids and hopefully get a girl next time.
We are stuck on the name Sloan right now. It could change but I seem to really like it as it is different and uncommon than most names.

Ars1961:
I am 21 weeks today. I had an ultrasound at 19 weeks but the baby was not in a postion where they could get good pictures of what they needed. But they call this ultrasound the 18-22 week one. So anywhere from 18-22 weeks they do this one here. And that is all the ultrasounds they will do unless there is something abnormal and they need to montior it. So I have to go back on June 25 (28 weeks) cause my placenta is lower than normal so they have to monitor that and if it does not move up, then I will need a c-section.
I had the nuchal translucency test as well. Not by choice but they gave me an ultrasound cause they were not able to pick up her heart beat on the doppler around 11.5 weeks and they noticed the thickness behind her neck and sent me to have the actual test. My test came back positive reading at 6mm. Combined with my blood work gave me a 1 in 28 chance for downs syndrome! We had the CVS test at 13 weeks and a few days later found that she had normal chromosomes!  Also a thick nuchal fold CAN indicate a congenital heart defect, needless to say I've had tons of ultrasounds and a fetal echocardiogram and everything was fine! I would advise anyone who gets a positive screen on the nuchal test to remember it's just a screening and to relax and keep your cool until you know for sure. I know my husband and I started to get very depressed, not that we wouldn't love a baby with special needs but who doesn't want a healthy baby and I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't have been disappointed. Also our doctors weren't optimistic at all and basically advised us to consider abortion if she did have downs. He also informed us that even though people think that downs babies are mostly born to women over 35 you'd be surprised that it's pretty evenly split down the middle!
I wish you tons of luck and hope that you get a healthy baby!! And remember I had a reading of 6mm and they didn't want to see anything over 2.5 mm so with a positive reading I wouldn't get too worked up! Anyway just wanted to offer some kind advice!
Congrats on the baby! Are you hoping for a girl or boy?
Also forgot to say that to get an accurate reading for the nuchal translucency test it shouldn't be performed over 13 weeks and 6 days, because after that the lymphatic system  is likely to have developed sufficiently to drain away any excess fluid. So you should talk to your doctor about having it done before than. Again Good Luck!
Thank you so much!!!! I hope so too, I am very excited! :)

I bet you're happy, you're half way there!!!... the good thing is that everything looks good, even if you have to have a c-section... Just the thought of having your baby soon is more than enough! Now that you know its a boy, you can start planning, clothes, baby room, crib, car seat, all that fun stuff! ENJOY!
Thanks for the encouraging words and for letting me know how your test went. Glad to have some insite before it's done.  I'm not to worried about it. I have 3 healthy children and the last one was at 35.  I just really want to be in the clear.  I also have heard of younger woman having downs children.  My OB office is great and are already scheduling each ultrasound needed etc.

My husband and I really have not said either way if we want a boy or girl. Healthy is always what we want but if we had a choice it would be a boy.  I currently have two girls and a boy. One of each is from a previous relationship and this is our last so I'm sure my hubby would like one of each.  My 5 year olds decision chages daily. She's going to be a good lil mommy. She is so excited.
I had blood work on 4/2 that was neg! I got an ultrasound this am said I was 7w5d my last af was 3/10!! They told me I had to ovulate extremely late!! My new due date is 12/24! So in a nutShell I guess its possible!!
Well I finally got that good news I so needed!! Ultrasound this am showed lilttle bean with a heart beat!!! Take that know it all ER Dr.s!!! No bleeding no other problems!! Our spirits have been lifted!! Thanks ladies for all the support!! Also congrats tot the new BFPs!!
Congratulations on the boy! That's great news. When is your due date? We are only 3 weeks and 6 days apart! I'll be 24 weeks tomorrow!
Congrats on the great news! Glad your baby is okay! You must feel absolutely relieved!
Congrats on your little Boy! Welcome to team blue =0)
It really is confusing.  The fertility friend calculator says I have a triphasic temp?  Apparently, I had a dip on 6dpo then a huge jump on 9 DPO and stayed high for 9, 10, 11, 12.  It says I have 12 days so far above coverline.  So now with the negative blood test on 11 DPO meaning not pg, and then the triphasic temp thing that usualy means preg, I have major contradicting information.  I had terrible pms type cramping a few hours after the pelvic exam, figured AF would show today, but nope, not even a spot.  I have felt great today, went to like 4 stores and the mall!  AF is supposed to show on thursday and my obgyn said call her if AF doesn't appear by mid next week.  She said that the blood test is probably true, but I do have some contradicting symptoms.  She said it is possible for the blood test not to be positive if my egg had just implanted but it is rare.  Apparently implant can happen up to 12 days past ovulation which for me would be today, but again it is rare.  

Guess I really just have to wait and see.  My poor husband still insists that his "stuff" is good and he said if I am not pg then it kinda hurts his self esteem because it makes him feel like a failure.  I feel bad for him, but maybe he needed a reality check because he thinks he is "da bomb"  lol...  Gotta love those New York Male Puerto Ricans and their attitudes.  

Oh and get this, the docs office said that the POAS tests are usually not 100% trustable until a WEEK AFTER the expected AF arrival.  
The Dr's usually wont be able to tell you what the sex of the baby is until after 18 weeks. I found out that I'm expecting my second son at my 18 week ultrasound appointment. I live in Nevada and you can pay $150 to have a ultrasound done in 3D if you choose to, but that's between 18-24 weeks, they also have a package for $245 so you can see your baby in 3D and that one is between 27-32 weeks, but they prefer to do those between 27-28 weeks so that the baby isn't to smashed. I will be getting the second package since I did it with my first son and it's so neat to see get a glimpse of what your little one looks like, my son looked exactly like he did in the 3D ultrasound.
Congrats on your new little bundle of joy!!!
Oh I am so very happy to hear that wonderfully good news!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!! I was praying for you! Kept watching the messages to hear from you! So wonderful!! Made my day!!! :0)
I am keeping you in prayer for a HH9M and and beautiful healthy baby in December!!  
Take care girl!!
Oh and CONGRATS on your positive!  That gives hope to all !
So glad to hear that. OMG I am so happy for you
Hi Girls! i know its been awhile since i posted but just aliitle update.

well i just got back from the dr and she said my numbers from my bloodwork were very high and good! so i asked then why didnt i ovulate this month? she said she doesnt know. she now uped my dose of metformin and if i dont ovulate this month then she will put me on clomid! she doesnt want me to hyperovulate with clomid and end up having multiples and risking the health of myself and possiable the babies health if there were to be more than one. i can understand that even if i am really disappointed right know!

removal was oct. 13th 2009
first AF was dec. 6th 2009
still no BFP!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you.... finally after all the stress you have been trough....
Start planning! :)
hello i know its been awhile but let me give you guys an update. My baby is a little girl and next month is a wedding. My due date is sept but i am going for 38nwks which is in august (lol). For my ultra sound she was a 1/2lb. and i go take my glucose test next month i am so scared because since  my last pregnancy I have gained alot of weight and i don't drink enough water (I know its bad). I just hope I am not a diabetic but I need to be really cautious.
Congratulations!!! I am so happy to hear that!! I bet you are so relieved, now the good part is in store and you can start enjoying your pregnancy again with no worries!
I hear what your saying girl and it is possible ya implanted yesterday but if this is true you would have no pg symptoms till the HCG is been realised and that third temp shift happens also in non pregnant women im sorry to say. how long are you trying cos it can take a few months so tell your husband not to worry sometmes you do everything right but pregnancy dont accure there is only on average a 20% chance every month. I really dont want to soundlike a harsh b itch but i hate seen anyone getting there hopes up to just be gashed and if this is your first month temping then ya need 18 days high temps before you should test and FF says they need 2 cycles to interpute properly. I hope you get your BFP very soon
I am so annoyed, thought I would get my blood results today but still nothing. I am so pissed off at my doctors office right now. I need to know if I am ovulating, this waiting is doing my head right in. AF is on her way. Sore breasts, tired. Stuffy nose and have nausea.
Congratulations on BFP's, so glad for those whos appointments have went well, good luck to those with appointments coming up.

BABY DUST to all us women still ttc xxxxx FX it happens soon, xxx
Well AF came this morning, so no January baby for me. Bummed out but have peace about the whole thing, I think it is all the prayers of good friends and y'all! So thanks!
We will keep trying but I just don't wanna stress about it any more, so no OPK and no more freeking out about it, just going to chill and see what happens!!
I went to the doctor yesterday and i am 9 weeks and 3 days due december 12th. Hoping for a long and uneventful pregnancy congrats to all the newly pregnant and lots of baby dust to all those stile ttc
Sorry to hear that... I know you have been waiting for those results for a few days now. When will you get the results then?
Af was right on time right.  So that is good.  Now you could just have fun, relax & keep trying.
my due date is Sept 22, when is yours?
hello. all I am new here.. And was wondering if anyone could help me out..
I have had my IUD in for a 1 1/2 years this is my 2nd one.. The first time  I had it, it was absolutely horrible I got it taken out to try and have a baby. I got pregnant 2 months after having it out and lost the baby 5 weeks in.. But then fell pregnant 4 months later and had a healthy baby girl. Me and my bf want to try for another baby but since I am still breastfeeding and only spot when my period would come. I would like to know when should I take my IUD out so that we can try and conceive in August/September.. We want to try for a spring/early summer baby. So my question is when should I take it out? right away? or in a month or so..? And will me still breastfeeding have a effect on my ovulation? I am usually pretty regular. Any one else have been through the same position? and How long did it take for you to get back normal and conceive?

Welcome to our forum.  As far as planning a spring baby I could not answer if you should take out iud now.  Conceiving after iud has been different for so many people.  Some people have no problem whatsoever.  But others it has taken 10 months or more.  

As far as breastfeeding goes.  You are probably fertile if you are getting af.  I never got af when I was breastfeeding.  It was my little birth control. LOL.  
HELLO LADIES!!! I am home from our beautiful vacation to Hawaii. Let me tell you, it was MUCH needed. It completely took my mind off everything and we BD allllll the time :)

AF was due Mon or Tues and nothing yet. I have been an almost exact 29 day cycle since removal in Jan and today is CD30. I don't dare test yet, maybe flying and the trip threw her off a few days. This was the month I tried the Mucinex and it seemed to help a LOT with my CM.

The last week or so I have had tons of creamy CM (sorry TMI) When do you all think I should test? I'm trying not to get my hopes up this month.

Breastfeeding IS NOT bith control.  You can get pregnant while breast feeding.  It took me 3 month to conceiv after getting my IUD out.  If you decide to take it out now just use another method of birth control and time when you want to get pregnant. This will allow you body time to get readjusted and then you can chart your ovulation and your husband and you can decide on when to start trying.

Good luck!
Test!!!! you have a good chance of having an accurate answer.....do a $$ store test or Walmart had first response 2 packs for $8.93 with a $1 off coupon on the front.

I used this one at 10 DPO and got my positive.  I used the 2nd the day AF was due and got a darker positive way faster.

Good luck!!! I'm crossing my fingers for you!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, yeah I am greatful that AF was right on time! I am always glad that she is a polit visitor as well, she always shows up first thing in the morning after I go pee, I wipe and there she is, almost never gets on my undies, so that is nice! lol
  Trying to look at the good side here! lol

paigeg~~~ I would say bit the bullet and TEST! sounds like you had the perfect baby making vacation and this could be your month! I am keeping fingers crossed for you!
Hey welcome!! I would recomend getting your IUD out at least 3 months before TTC maybe sooner, It was recomended to me that after IUD removal that I wait 3 months to TTC to let my lining of my uterus build up nice a healthy, merina and other IUDs interfere with this. I also think it helps to get on a reg cycle after IUD removal. also take those prenatal vitamins from at least 3 months before TTC.
Best of luck to you!
Im glad you had a great vacation! I hope you get your BFP!!

cassandra19
I would schedule to get your iud out soon and just use other protection until aug/sept (its only a couple months away) when you want to conceive. Some ladies have become pregnant right after removel but some of those miscarry. I think it is best to get your cycle back to normal before you start trying. That way your body has time to cleanse its self out and prepare for a healthy pregnancy. That is just my opinion. Im not sure about the breastfeeding thing but i would think that as long as you are having af then you can get pregnant. Good luck!!

EVERYEONE:

Did anyone have any clots with AF after removel? How long did it last? Im on my 2nd cycle since removal and im still having alot of clots. Is that normal?

Obviously, I know breastfeeding is not birth control.  I was just saying that at all.  When you get your period while breastfeeding it is an indication that you are fertile. I know you can get pregnant while you were breastfeeding. In my case, however, I did not get my period at all while breastfeeding.  
Thanks I should have had results by now. Its been a week since had bloods done. Hopefully I will get them tomorrow. Its frustrating, we have been ttc all this time and now, waiting to find out if I have even been ovulating is driving me mad. I just want to know one way or the other. You know? Do you or any of the other ladies know what will happen next if I am not ovulating? My doctor never discussed this with me.
How are you ad baby? I hope your appointment goes well in a couple of days. Good luck!!

BABY DUST to us all still ttc xxx
My friend was not ovulating and they put her on Clomid.
I had really bad clots the 1st two periods after removal.  The 3rd one was shorter and morenormal with just a few small one.  It freaked me out in the beginning until I asked on here as well.
thanks for the advice i just scheduled my iud removal for june 1.. so hopefully what happened last time i had it out wont happen again, so ill just tell the hubby to be patient so we don't fall pregnant right away LOL.. and let my body get back to normal. I know next time I will be using a different form of BC, because the mirena is sure some trouble. least in my experience, the side effects are crazy.. And getting in out seems like a pain in the butt haha..
Hello and welcome!

My advice is to take out the IUD and start using other contraceptive (condoms would be a good option, this way you won't mess up your body with anymore hormones, etc.)
Time really varies from woman to woman..... for me it took 7 months the first time I got pg, then I had a miscarriage and it took me 1 month to get pg again. But just to be in the safe side don't plan the month... just go with the flow and let's see when it happens. :)
I am not sure but I think that if you're not ovulating your doctor will put you on Clomid...
Don't stress about it... the good thing is that in todays days there is alot of medical staff you can try.....

GOOD LUCK IN YOUR LAB RESULTS!!!!!!!

Keep us posted.
I have a question that may be far TMI. I am on CD28, due AF in next 6 days. This is the TMI part. When I am due AF on the run up I get really loose bowel movements, but only once a day. The past couple of days though has been so different. Suffering nausea. Normal for AF, but bowel movements have been 3/4 times a day and harder to go. This is not normal for my body even if AF not due. I am sorry for the TMI again. Just wondering if any of you ladies have had the same problem. Oh and a lot more gassy!! Sorry again ladies!!

crazyfor4: Thanks, I dont know if it is the same routine in UK though if I find out I am not ovulating I will ask about Clomid while there.

Thank you so much ladies, you are such a fab support.

BABY DUST to us all ttc xxxx :)
ready4number4

Sorry about AF showing up...  I keep expecting mine too, since it is supposed to come visit tomorrow.  I have had no acne, no PMS symtoms and No cramping at all since the cramping after the pelvic exam on Monday.  No spotting either.  Seems really wierd, and my BBT is still high.  I expect it will drop tomorrow.  I have had 13 days above coverline already.  Guess I will see what happens.  I have felt great yesterday and today.  

25nmumof1

This is our second month of ttc.  I am pretty sure that I am not pg this month even with the high BBT just because of the blood test they did on Monday.  It is kinda depressing, but I really didn't want a Jan baby because my DD birthday is 01-03 and DS is 01-30 so if I was pg it would be due 01-20 and it is hard enough having birthdays close to Christmas!  My DH is 12-13.  Other DS is in June and Other DD is in April.  So at least they are spread out a bit.  I guess my husband figured his "stuff" would do it the first month because we got our youngest DD while I was on BC, the Seasonal one, so he figured if it broke thru pills then it should take right away with nothing.  Anyway, thanks for responding.  
I was on BCP for 13 years and decided to switch to Mirena once I was married.  I had inserted March 2008 and and removed Jan 6 2010.  My periods went away while it was in and at that time I thought that was great news. Now things dont seem so great.  My periods have worked their way from 23 days to 25 days and have remained consistant...(TMI) about 24 hours of bleeding and four to five days of brown spotting.  Can anyone tell me how long the hormone levonorgestrel  takes to get out of my system?  How long before periods should be somewhat regular?  Is a short period enough to thicken up the uterine lining? This is my sixth cycle since removal, I am 30yo and extremely anxious to have my first child. Can anyone offer any hope??
I want to let you know that the past couple of days I have had the same issue with bowel movements.  Mine have been pretty lose. I never have had this issue either. Very weird.  
For me, usually right before AF arrives I have the "loose" bowel movements for a day or 2. AF was due Mon or Tues- still hasn't shown and I have not gotten the loose bm yet either. It's kinda been hard to go if you know what I mean.. so I'm anxious as to what that might mean too.

Everyone: I just really don't want to see that BFN so I keep telling myself to wait and see if she comes.. maybe she's late? I don't know. My DH wants me to test, so maybe I will tomorrow morning if she still hasn't come.

my stats:

Removal 1/19
AF 2/15
AF 3/16
AF 4/12

BABY DUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only 2 more days for my first doctor's appt! :) I am so exited... I can't wait!

You have been pretty on time with the your afs. I would test.  Test tomorrow in the am.  Wouldn't you rather just know then wondering if....
WOW.... you have been very regular for the past AFs.... I agree you should test tomorrow morning. You were using Mucinex right? So maybe this is your month!!! GOOD LUCK!
Sorry my last post was for baby2929.
My last comment was to you.  Sorry
Hey gals! I have a question for you....

I am wondering why possibaly, that my AF is not really a "normal" AF, normally on AF day, my period is so super heavy and usually have clots and a ton of cramping but today my first AF day, it is light flow, not to many cramps, and seems like AF has kinda stoped, flow is just pink spotting....just seems odd, espically for me, and I am feeling mega yucky tummy today. hmmm I just don't know, I am back to wishing when you WERE for sure prego your pee would trun purple or somthing! UGH!
What do you all think???
Just an update for everyone.

I had a dating u/s last week. My doctor and I guessed that I was about 8 weeks pregnant based on dates and logical guessing because I hadnt had af since Mirena removal.

Scan showed that I was 6w3d. According to those dates I did not ovulate until 5-6weeks after mirena removal. My af would not have shown for about 7-8weeks if I had not of concieved so quickly.

I hope that this helps people waiting for thier cycle to return after removal.
This may be your month!!!! we had our IUD's out the same day.  I am 6 weeks prego!

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would test too, you have been pretty regular so get that test and give us another BFP. Good luck!! Maybe if you test and get that BFP it might give me hope seen as your having similar problem as me, lol!

crazyfor4: Its confusing what happens with your body after the mirena removal. Im gonna try hold off 5 more days before I test thugh. Good luck to you!

Thank you for feedback yet again ladies. All so wonderful. Gonna try hold off 5 more days before I test. Got woke up really early this morning feeling very sick. Have not been sick though. Im quiteoff food until about the afternoon just now as well. Again though, this may be AF.

Good luck and BABY DUST to all of us ttc xxxx

Hey there,

I would like some advice if possible.  I had my Mirena removed 18th march 2010 after 2 years.  First AF started 13th April, very short only 3 or 4 days.  I started charting my BBT from then and noticed an increase around 29th April which I took to be ovulation.  Yesterday I noticed a dip in BBT and today its back up again.  No sign of AF apart from one small cramp this morning.  Because this is my first cycle after Mirena removal I have no idea when AF is due again but think she could be today or tomorrow.  

This week have felt generally yukky with very sore breasts so I took an early HPT which was negative.

We hadn't planned on seriously trying until June as I wanted to get a feel for my cycles but now I think I should test again.  Do you think testing Saturday would be a good time if no AF by then or shall I hold out?

So confused
xxx
All of us have been exactly the same after Mirena removal. Body giving off pregnancy signs and actually not pregnant. Im not saying you definately are not, but it is a common side effect after removal. My AF started off being 27 days apart then went to 31 and last 3 cycles been 34 days apart. I am thinking 34 is gonna be my cycle now. I am on CD29 with really bad nausea morning and night, it actually woke me this morning, sore breasts, unusual bowel motions, (sorry if tmi) and a slight niggling in my lower left back. All signs of both AF now and pregnancy. Thats why its so confusing. Most women are getting this now after Mirena removal and think each month is there month. Its not, its mirena. If you have no AF on Saturday by all means test again. It could have happened, it has for some women. Im just letting you know we have all experienced this and been let down. GOOD LUCK if you do test again on Sat.

BABY DUST to us all still ttc xxxx :)
Well, My BBT is still high.  AF didn't show today yet like it is supposed to.  No cramping at all, no skin break out, nothing to indicate AF's arrival.  I am not expecting to be pg since I have had a neg blood test on Monday and a neg HPT yesterday.  Fertility friend said my "test" date is 18th because they said it is best to wait 5 days past AF arrival date before testing.  Guess I will just wait.  A friend of mine is expecting me to tell her tonight at Bowling League if I am pg or not and I will just have to say, I don't think so, but it is still a remote possiblity.  Oh well...

Baby Dust to everyone and good luck!
hi,

im new here but i had my mirena removed on 05/08/2010
after having it for 3 years with no AF
i BD on saturday the 9th and i spotted on the 10th and the 11th but only when i wiped...
the i noticed yesterday afternoon i had like this egg white looking string when i wiped really strechy and gooey ???? sorry TMI
so i didnt really pay attention to it and me and hubby BD last night as well... do you think i can ovulate even if i have not had an AF??
i mean i did have a little bit of spotting while i was on the mirena about a week before removal...
dont know if that was my period though?
but can i ovulate now??
You could have ovulated then and AF be on her way. Reason I say this is because you ovulate before you get AF and EWCM is a sign of ovulation. Thats why I say it may have been. You might find AF comes in next couple weeks. Before you get pregnant it is a good idea to let your body have a few regular cycles as the mirena thins the lining of the womb so egg cannot implant. This will still be thin until you have a couple of cycles. I hope this is your body telling you is going back to normal. Good luck on your journey ttc. xxx
Well today I got sick of waiting on results from doc and went into see them. It turns out the types of bloods I had done can take 4-6 weeks to come back. They go to another hospital 50 miles away. I have at most another agonising 5 weeks of waiting to find out if I am even ovulating. How rubbish is that. The doc never even told me these results take that long. I dont get it, why they would take so long??!! Back to guessing again this month coming after AF cos its gonna be 2 cycles before I even get results. It looks like we will be trying at least 12months before we see a BFP. Feeling so disappointed now. Really down!! Ill keep you all posted on my journey.

BABY DUST to all us women still ttc xxxx FX for everyone xx
The 2WW...
I'm noticing I feel more sane the first two weeks of my cycle :) I wonder why? haha

So I'm 6 or 7dpo. No real symptoms at all. This is actually different because I usually can conjure up something to be a symptom. The only thing odd is the lotion like CM.

Otherwise...I'm holding tight.

paigeg....you are killing me. Please go test!
I started having mild cramping last night, my DH had me get up early this morning so I could POAS before he went to work and just as I was going to AF arrived. At least I saved a test. Surprisingly, I'm okay with it. It's always a disappointment to see her but I am choosing to be happy this month. I know it will happen when it's supposed to. My only regret is ever telling close friends and family about having the Mirena removed because now I just feel like everyone is wondering and waiting. I hate that feeling.

Anyways.. still holding out hope for some of you that this is your month!!!
Baby dust to all of us- and thank you for being pretty much the one place I can go to talk about this stuff.
looks like my new stats are:

Removal 1/19
AF 2/15
AF 3/16
AF 4/13
AF 5/13
wow that really *****!!!
i didnt think those tests could take so long?
have you tried ovulation tests??
you are getting your period regularly...

as far as me i sure hope i get AF pretty soon
i do want to feel normal finally..lol
i thought that when i had my mirena removed i was going to have bags of AF coming out but i guess not still havent had any signs of AF
i do get crampy on my left side for the past couple of days but when i had that EWCM come out yesterday i feel better.... weird...
could i have gotten pregnant if i did ovulate and did BD???
if so,
when should i test?
im sooo confused because i have not had an AF yet?
i know im stupid its only been 5 days since removal but iam still curious
Sorry about AF showing up.  Just tell your friends that you are not trying anymore that it was too stressful.  This way they dont keep asking you about it.  When I was trying for #2 it took a long time.  People kept asking me every month. It began to annoy me so I told them I stopped trying.  Then it happened the following month.  
Everyone is differnet with 1st af arrival. Mine took 45 days to come. I have always been regular. I had same thing ewcm I bd'd the whole nine.  I think your body just needs a couple of months to get back to normal. I wish my doctors told me this. I told him I wanted #4 and he told me you can start trying right away. Never said anything about allowing my body to adjust.  He is a great doctor and is usually right about everything. But he def did not warn me enough about mirena.  I hated it. I am so upset at what it has done to my cycle.  
WOW - up to 6 weeks? that is a long time to wait. Is this normal?... could you maybe go to another dr. or hospital to re-take the test? I can imagine how you feel about this....
Sorry to hear that.... it sounded that this was your month. The good thing is that you are very regular and you can still try the robitussin or mucinex this month as it helped you alot this past month... give it another try and don't forget to not stress about it too much. Maybe the vacation you just took will help you to relax and this will be your month! :) GOOD LUCK!
24 hours to have my first ultrasound!!! I am a little scared but very happy!!!
I tried OPK kits a couple of months right after removal and never got a positive. My doctor said I had to be trying for 8 months before they do anything so thats why taken so long. I dont know if I were using them properly though and if I was using them at right time. I might need to get them after I get this AF and tryal month round from day AF stops. I never had any idea the test took so long either. My AF started at 27 days then moved to 31 days and the past few cycles 34 days. So due AF in 5 days then will start using OPK's to try find out for myself.
There is a possibility of getting pregnant before AF comes, but slight. I would try testing if you were gonna 14 days past estimated ovulation. I wish you luck. xxx

paigeg: Sorry AF showed up. I thought this month might be your month. Need to keep BDing. I know I will be. Mirena definately plays tricks on your body, even after all this time.

BABY DUST to all of us still ttc xxxx Good luck and FX xxxx :)
yea if i test it will probably be next month...
i want to see if AF shows up...
i really want to have a good AF so i can clean my system out...
im just extremely anxious to get my AF (i know its crazy)
im glad i found this post so i can get my thoughts out of my system...
im glad im not the only one out there...

who knows you might be preggers this month :)

Good luck to all still TTC ****lots of baby dust***
Sorry AF showed. I know it can be disapointing. I know the feeling of telling people I got the mirena removed and that we are TTC. I only told a few people, one of them being my mother. My mom is really the only one that asks if im pregnant yet, but just one person can kinda put stress on the situation.

Hopefully this next month will be ours and everyone elses still TTC.

LOTS of BABY DUST to EVERYONE!!
Well hello ladies long time no talk...... I have been reading frequently though.

And I would like to extend a BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE BFP GOOD LUCK ON A HAPPY HEALTHY 9 months.

Sorry for just disappearing, I was just so frustrated with my body not having a AF.

I am so excited to announce that finally after 89 days I got my long awaited AF woohoo I never thought I was ever going to be this happy to have AF but at least I now know my body is returning to normal. I am going to wait until June or July to "actively try" this way my body is really ready for baby.

NEW STATS
Feb 3-8 AF
Mirena removed Feb 11 2010
Removal bleeding Feb 12-15
March no AF
April no AF
May 9-12 light brown spotting
May 13 AF FINALLY

Strange thing is I have no cramps or bloating feeling pretty great. Anyways now my journey begins.

Again congrats to all and good luck in all your journeys. xxxxxx
Hey congrats on your AF!! I am really excited to see where everything leads you!
I am new to this forum and I had my Mirena removed on 4/27.  I had a little spotting with clots 2-3 days afterwards and my husband and I have been TTC since the day of removal.  My doctor told me there was no waiting period.  We have no children and would like to try for the first one.  I received AF yesterday and was very disappointed.  I know I need to let my body go back to normal but we are so anxious.  Is anyone else trying for their first after iud removal?  any suggestions?  i have never used an OPK or tested my body temp.  I want to do things naturally for the first few months to see what happens
I have less than 19hours to go... I am so excited for my first appointment- I wish it would just get here already.

I have been so sick for the last several weeks. I even had to get IV fluids, steriods and injected nausea meds... bad deal.

Hopefully tomorrow they will make it all better, I wonder if there isnt two little jelly beans- cause I have been horribly sick and very tried. Nothing like I was with my son.

Wish me luck.   LOTS OF LUCK TO YOU SWEETY09!!

SSBD girls!!
Good luck with your appointments tomorrow. I hope they go well for you both.
Caralea, I will wait with baited breath to find out if you have two little ones in there. So excited for both of you. Take care!!

SSBD to all the rest of us xxxx
As of right now the polls show about 67% agree there is 2, even my hubby!!  I cant wait to find out!!

Thank you!
hope theirs good news tomorrow maybe twins look forward to see your post good luck
Hi! I am also trying for our first child after having Mirena removed.  I had mine removed 4/13  during AF and AF arrived again on 5/8 right on schedule.  My cycle seems to have stayed at 28 days as it was before removal.  Good luck! I am hoping this is my month, now that I have had a full cylce since removal.  I don't think that I will try the OPK until next month...think I will follow the ovulation calendar and try to BD alot during the "fertile time".  I am 30 and feel like time is just flying by now that I am ready to try...hopefully this is not a difficult process as I have heard so many women describe.  The one thing that worries me is that I had my Mirena (2) for 8 1/2 years.  I haven't seen any posts by women that have had one that long.... kinda scary.  I think the most important thing is that we pay attention to our bodies, and that we stay positive.  

Take care and good luck!!!!
Lots of Baby dust to you and all the strong women here!
I had mine in for 3.5 years with no period or spotting, took me 43 days to get my first AF then 14 days later I ovulated and 14 days after that I had a BFP. I am now 21.5 weeks! Sorry havent heard of anyone having an IUD for that long. I am sure it will be fine. Good luck to you and keep us posted.

Sweety09:  Good luck today! Thinking of you!
Well to answer my own question, since I haven't heared from you all LOL...my period is here FULL FORCE so that dashes any hope that was left! But oh well, that is better then not knowing...I am just glad AF has been regular, that is super helpful, and I know not every gal is so lucky!!  mommagosal, sounds like your periods have been a pain the the bum as well! I am glad AF is here for you and that you can start TTC soon! Caralea I Can NOT wait to hear how tomarow goes for you!!! So excited! Bet there are two lil beans! :0) Sweety09 I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and keeping you in prayer, I hope that all goes well with you visit tomarow and that you can feel some peace about this pregnancy! :0)
Take care girls and lets start seeing some BFP this month! where did they go? lol
wow, 89 days to get that first AF? That must have been so unbelievably frustrating. May I ask what your cycles were like before you had the mirena, and before you were on any BC?

I'm going nuts at day 45 post-removal without any AF. I'm trying to get an idea of what could be causing such a delay. I'm thinking that since i was never regular as a teen (age 12-18, until I went on the Pill), then that might explain this wait.

Anywhoo, good news for you that your period finally came. That's a big first step in TTC!
I am glad you do not have to wonder anymore.  I am glad af came full force (not glad but relieved that you do not have to wait).    So you can start bding before you know it.   YEAH!!!!!!
I just got my mirena taken out yesterday.. Me & my husband want another child obv.. they say you can get preg right away when it is taken out.. what is your gals experience?
Well ladies, I am officially going on to 10 months of trying. AF has shown up today and I feel awful. AF is not getting worse, however the symptoms are so so bad. I was up a 6.30am this morning in the bathroom as I felt so sick. Wasnt sick but felt awful. I am so disappointed, my other half too. This month was a 29day cycle. Back to CD1 and we see what happens this month. Just thought I would update you.

SSBD to all of us still ttc xxxx :)
Sorry about that.  I am sure you feel awful.  Good luck next month.  
At least your waiting part is over.

I am at 15 DPO, still no AF, my BBT is still high above coverline, no dropping at all, and preg test from the dollar tree this am and it was a BFN.  So, I am just sitting around waiting for AF so that I can start counting days again.  As a spur of a moment, I did an OPK this am too, it was almost positive!  So I am like WHAT IN THE ____ ?  There is no reason why that would almost be a positive when I am supposed to have AF!    Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Good luck everyone!
Hello, my husband I will also be TTC our first this summer, I had IUD removed on 1/26 because I wanted to give my body 6 months to bounce back and am really glad I did.  My first two cycles were all over the place and AF was really bad, now I'm getting back to normal with AF, cycle length and ovulation day, so it took me about 3 months to get back on track.  I'll let everyone know how it goes when we start trying in July, but we're trying for a boy so we'll only be BDing on the day of ovulation.  I don't use OPKs or anything, I just track my BBT and CM and it's actually really obvious for me when I O.  Good luck!
I had an almost positive OPK the day before AF came..could've been positive even...

Everyone

I feel awful I can't keep anything down...I don't know how I'm gonna get through this first trimester sickness...I really don't want to be hospitalized but if I stay like this I might have to :(
I was really sick with my boy..I had the home care (IV at home and a needle in my thigh pumping medicine)
I was fine with my girl pregnancy so I was hoping this would be the same...but I guess not :(
I'm sorry your AF came. It's just not a good feeling. I'm only on month 4 of TTC but I know how it feels to be so disappointed and to have to start ALL over again. I swear one month feels like a year to us ladies when we're TTC. Maybe next month will be both of our lucky months.

Everyone:
My DH wants to try to BD everyday this cycle to see what happens. As far as we know there is nothing wrong with his sperm count so we're willing to at least give it a try. I will probably take the Mucinex again too, since it made such a big difference with my CM. FX for us and for all of you!
well i hope your U/S appt is going well
im checking every so often to see if you have posted yet...

Everyone:

has anyone ever gotten pregnant right after IUD removal?
i removed my iud on may 8th
and i bd on the 9th had some spotting on the 10th and 11th i had some EWCM on the 12th i BD on the 12th but on the 13th i had really bad cramps and like pressure in my uterus????
i thought i was for sure getting AF but nothing yet and the pain has subsided
its weird because it hurts like to cough too like pressure??

but i am dry today??
no more CM or anything...
just a couple of small cramps here and there??

has anyone experienced this???
could i have ovulated after mirena??
im sooo cunfused... i hate Mirena!!!!!
Good luck this month... don't strees too much about it, I know we get upset every month that we don't  get pregnant but BDing everyday could be just too exausting and remember that they best thing is to have fun and it will come.

NJR1124

Good luck when you start TTC this summer!!! I never believed all that gender prediction type of stuff, but if you want to only BD the day you oculate, I think you are minimizing your changes of getting pg by a lot... when we ovulate we are fertile for a few days before and after ovulation (I TTC for 7 months before I got pregnant) and believe me we need as many fertile days as possible... Good luck in what ever you and your hubby decide! :)
And here we go to my first doctor's appt. We pray to God that everything is ok!!!
Good luck!!!!!!
hope all goes well
dont forget to post!! :)
Thanks for the advice :) I'm trying to stay positive and thankfully I haven't been too sad this month and I'm okay with it happening when it happens. My DH just came up with that suggestion last night and for us I don't think BD'ing everyday will be too much (hopefully ha ha) We're a very active, healthy couple and usually want to almost everyday anyway so I guess we'll see how it goes. But GOOD LUCK today and be sure to keep us all posted! We're all thinking of you!!!