How long did it take you to conceive after Mirena IUD removal?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Viewing 401-600 comments:
Hi...heather. How did your removal go....hope it wasn't 2 bad! Don't wory about da bleeding....it's really not that bad...it's different 4 evry1. Mines wasn't that bad....it lasted about 8 days. U probably read my other posts so I dont want 2 bore u with all the details again. Just 2 update u that we r still ttc. Hopefully I'll hav sum gud news this month. Gud luk 2 u on ttc. Take care.  
it so hard to wait to find out if u are or not. i jumped the guy and when to the drs yesterday and they said it was to earily to test to wait to july 12. i need to no how this sick thi waiting game and i cant stop pee and im so tird i asked the drs if it was a bladder infection and she  said i dont hyall all the sign for it so the only thing i can thing of is im having a baby  im praying that i do. if im not by the end of aug i will have to wait a year or 2.
i think i mite me with child. i started to have sex right after it was takin out and the last weekend of june  i had some sign that i mint be ovulation so we did it and 6 days later i had very very light spoting and i am pee all the time and my body feel diff i took a test monday because i dont no wheni would be ovulation and the dr said to wait to july 12 is af dont come to test i cant wait to july 12th and if im not i guss i have to try over
how do u guys do it wait ***** and this is my frist month trying
Im happy to  test showed a plus for pregnant!!!!!!!! YAH! My husband knew i was testing this morning so I decided to do it downstairs. Then i called him down to eat bfast and told him to get something out of the oven. It was a bun! It took him a minute to get it then he asked if i was pregnant. I had to show him the test. :D
Forgot the details.

June5th -removed IUD
June 6th- 9th- bleed heavy
June23- ovulation test was postive
July 4th- pregnant test postive.
Avatar n tn
What pregnancy test did you use?
Hey I think it was EPT. I sent my husband to pick it up yesterday :D I just told him to make sure he got one that says we can test 5 days early.
Avatar n tn
Was your period supposed to be due on July 4? Let me know because mine is due July 8, yet I hesitate to test until July 8 for fear of early negatives. This would be my third, and I'd be thrilled, yet nervous because I just had my IUD pulled out June 22, right before ovulation time. So back to my question, was July4 your day for your period or would that have been early for you? And congrats!!!!!!! babies are truly gifts to be treasured.
Avatar n tn
Also, one more question, what were your symptoms like?
Hey..sorry I'm so late with responding but my period was due on today the 5th and the test was actually Clear Blue. I posted some pictures of my test and u can see the instructions on the background.

As far as symptoms go I have been really tired lately. For the past 3 days I have had naps in the middle of the day. Very usual for me. Also my breast are a little tender but not as bad as I remember with my daughter 4 yrs ago. I have been going to the bathroom a lot but thought that was just because since my IUD has been out I've been drinking nothing but water. One last thing that i really really noticed was the constipation.

Good Luck!
Also I meant to tell you that I tested last monday and it was negative. That really bumed me out but I jumped the gun. I knew  I was suppose to wait to the end of the week but I was too excited. :D
Hi, there,

I feel it is much better to get mirena removed before period, as the effect of the hormone decrease can combine with the hormone change before period, and bleed together. Ready-4-Baby-2 is very lucky!

Same as you, I got mine removed around ovulation time. I bled for 4 days and now my period is late. No pregnancy, no ovulation. I think my body is just confused by the hormone change in the mid of the cycle. Too late for me to know this, though. :)

Hope you have good luck. I just hope that my body can get back to normal as soon as possible~~~
Hi.....sory coulnt reply sooner....been a little busy. So did u do a hpt yet? Well from da symptoms u r sayin that u hav...it sounds like u could b pregnant. But also from wut I heard after gettin da mirena out a lot of people sed they had similiar symptoms like dat. But just remember evry1 is different. Hopefully u r pregnant. July 12 is just around da corner:)! So gud luk ok?
May I ask you when did you get mirena out? Mid of your cycle or just around period? I guess this would make a difference. Good luck.
i dont no when i had the iud i did not have a period and thank you i need luck lol

thank u for getting back to me i did a test last week but it would have been to soon the dr said im going to see my dr a week from now last time i was pregant the test said i was not so i going to have the dr do a blood test and i going to test tomm to see if the test works this time i want a baby i lost my frist one this time i hope it all works out
Yeah get da blood test done....it's more accurate. I'll b praying 4 u. Hope evrything works out 4 u! Best of luk...keep me informed of wuts going on ok?
Just let you know that 20 days after my mirena removal, I got ovulation (ovulation test positive), so it means my cycle started from the day of removal, and my cycle was changed by the removal.

I am very sad, though. As I had un-protected sex last night, and I really don't want a child this month (I feel sick). I thought I was not ovulating as the test was negative......suddenly today it is positive......

I am really sad......who can help me......
Silly. I took planB, $50 is gone...... I plan to get preg 2 months later, when I feel healthier. Good luck to everybody here.
well, I am now 5 weeks post mirena and I am PISSED bc I still no have no period, and no signs of any pregnancy!  I wish I had never gotten that thing.  I hear of so many women who get off and the next month they are pregnant, and it makes me so sad! Before, I took the pill, stopped it, and was pregnant the next month.  I got the mirena when my son was 6 months old, and had it removed June 1... we are trying for baby #2 and no luck.  The last 6 months I had the mirena I had no period and I am beginning to see that as more of a nightmare than a blessing.  Whenever I am lucky enough to conceive, I will go back to the pill afterwards!
hey update i took a test today it said im not im hoping it just to eairly to tell.  im sick of waiting and we will be a part for some time. i want a baby in the next 9 month u have anything u can tell me to help lol
Don't worry, you may find ovulation pretty soon, when you don't expect it....just keep monitoring your basal temperature, cervix position and mucus, do ovulation test. You will get it. The uterus just needs a little bit time to adjust. Good luck!
Hey....sory 2 hear da test was negative....yeah it could b just 2 early. It's best 2 wait until u hav missed your period. I no how u feel....I'm also feeling that way! But try 2 c wen u r about 2 ovulate, that's a gud time 2 try n also after u start 2 ovulate...keep on trying. But try not 2 stress 2 much about it...cause stress can delay conceiving as well. I no that's hard 2 do, but we hav 2 try 2 do that. Just try not 2 think about it n just enjoy.

Avatar n tn
Well, I got my period, so I know that having Mirena taken out confused my body but also got things on track hopefully. We'll see next month. I'm 34 so my clock is ticking, but with two children already, maybe I'm asking for too much. We'll see. It's nice though to have a normal cycle and not be so moody like I was with Mirena. It's so true that your body can play tricks on your mind and vice versa when period is coming. It's  better to leave it in God's hands and pray for the best.
i have not had a perd in years so i dont no when it coming or if it is and it hard to wait and not to stress over it
I was in a car accident on Wednesday night, went to the er and was told that I was pregnant, everything is fine with the baby, just a little back pain. I am so excited thanks you guys for all your help and advice. I had my mirena removed on May 9th, and I about two-three weeks pregnant. So almost about two months it tooks for me to get pregnant.
Hi...sory 2 hear about your accident...hope u feel better soon. N congradulations about your pregnancy...thank god da accident wasn't that bad. U must b soooo excited! It didn't take u that long 2 conceive after da mirena ha? I had mines taken out on May 12 n got my period on June 16. Hopefully this month I get some gud news 2 like u. Nyways best of luk with your pregnancy n congrats again!!! Take care.
don't feel bad I had my IUD out april6th and didnt have a period till june 9th and i just took like the 20th test that said neg. i know that sperm lives for 3 days so we are trying to not go more than three days so we have a better chance and this is just frustrating.   so i know how you feel and it ***** I thought that after a period i would be back to normal but guess not. I am still waiting and will keep you updated on if and when it happens. Good luck hope things work out for you sooner than later.
Avatar n tn
Hi I'm new to the site,I had my mirena removed on april 4, then 2 days later a bleed very light.
cause the doctor sugested to wait 3 months to my body to get used not having the mirena we take precausions only a month, then got my period on may 10, then on june 7 got my second period, and this month wating for the next one , and didnt came so I wait 4 more days and nothing so yesterday went to de store and get a preg test, and was positive :)

and today went to de doctor and they confirm I'm pregnatn with my second baby and i;m so happy so for me took 2 months, good look to everyone that are trying :)
Hi...just wanted 2 congradulate u on da gud news! U must b very xcited. Wut brand of test did u take at home. I had my mirena out on May 12 n had a period on June 16. So I'm waiting 2 get it this month. Hopefully I don't get it....hoping that I'm pregnant this time.
Nyways gud luk n take care!  
i had 7 sign out  of ten so i was thing i was pregant but im not after i took the test today i started my period a few hr later and so i had to call my sweet heart and say not this month  will in about 11 day from now i can try again so i let u no when i no this month i going to get some test to help me no what days to do it. i was hopping for june but i did get my iud out june 12 so they say the first month not the best so thank to u guys im hopefull for this month
Hi...I'm so sory that u got your period....don't get discouraged, there's always next month...u never no wut happens. Yeah get da ovulation test...that should help u. Gud luk n all da best. Take care!
Thanks so much for the support. I am very excited due on march 20, 2010. nine days before my baby so that would be the perfect gift. And I wish all of you ladies thats trying to concieve (conceive) best wishes. Good luck ladies.
Congratulations... I am happy for you. I wish it were that easy for the rest of us.  As of today, I am 6 weeks post mirena and I still have not had a period.  This is so very frustrating.  But, I just try my hardest to stay positive, its very hard, but I am trying.  Hopefully sometime soon I will have some good news.
I had my Mirena removed May 20th 2009.  I had some bleeding for about 4 days after that.  I started my period on June 13th and it lasted for 7 days.  I still have not gotten my period for July yet.  I have taken 3 tests and they all say negitive.  It is so frustrating.  I just want to know if I'm pregnant.  Could my cycle just be all messed up.  It has never been wacky before....some advice please
I had my Mirena IUD removed on June 16. I Bled heavy for about 5 days. I think i ovulated about July 2nd. We have tried several times over the last month. It is now July 13th. i have achey (achy) tummy(not cramps) and very tender breast...have taken a few pregnancy test but all say negative :( Do you think its too soon to test? If so when will i get my period?
Hi ladies....I think it's a little 2 early 2 test. Yeah your periods can *** @ a later date...after da mirena removal u hav 2 giv it sumtime 2 get bak 2 normal. I would just wait a couple more weeks n c if u get your period then do another test. It's different 4 evry1....sum get pregnant da first couple of months after mirena removal n 4 sum it takes longer. I had mines removed on May 12....I bled 4 8 days. I started getting pregnancy symptoms.....but then got my period on June 16. So i'm waiting 4 this month 2 c wut happens. So don't giv up hope it will happen. Gud luk 2 both of u.    
NO BABY THIS MONTH
I WENT TO THE DR YESTDAY AND IM NOT WITH CHILD I HOPE THIS MONTH AND I THINK IM GOING TO PLAN A DINNER AND JUST HANG OUT AND SEE WHAT HAPPEN WE ARE TRYING BUT THIS TIME I NOT GOING TO TELL HIM ANYTHING JUST MAKE LOVE LIKE WE DID BEFORE WE START TYING AND MAYBE THIS TIME WE CAN DO IT. I HAVE BEEN TAKING MY TEMP ETC AND STRESSING SO THIS MONTH IM NOT GOING TO JUST GOING TO MAKE LOVE AROUND THE TIME I HAVE BEEN OVULATION AND SEE WHAT HAPPEN
Hi....sory 2 hear that ur not pregnant....don't feel bad, there's always next month. Yeah that's a gud idea....just try not 2 think n stress about it! It will happen wen u least expect it. Best of luk 2 u!!!

Yea they say that it could take come time.  It's funny I think we had ours removed around the same time and started out periods at the same time.  When I removed mine on May 20th i has beeding for about 4 days then period on June 13th for 7 long days! :) But still now 5days late now....no period.  I haven't tested again because I didn't want to make myself crazy! HA! I think I will wait to test again in a week if it doesn't come by then.  I wish you the best of luck!
Hi there.....thanx so much....i need all the luck i can get. How r u doin? I no how u r feeling! U will get sum gud news soon....don't worry! Yeah thats weird we got our mirena taken out about da same time. I got mines out on May 12 n bleed for about 7 days. Then i got my period on June 16 which lasted 5 days.  I still havent started this month.....but hoping i won't either. I actually did a hpt test yesterday cause i was getting these weird stomach pains, but da test was negative:( So true that can make u crazy!!! But hoping it was  too soon to test. So if i don't get my period in a week or so then i'll test again. N yeah u should do da same 2. Best of luk 2 u 2!!! Take care
i hope u are pregant  and im going to start trying this week again i did get the ovulation test but he dose not no when im taking them he is the one that is stress more then i am so i dont going to say anything because then he stress me out more then i am so i think i will talk the test to find out what time is best and im going to have more sex before that time.  so he dont no when to stress out lol
No luck for me this month! I started today. :( They say it takes about 3 months for you to regulate after mirena so I guess our cycles will be a bit off for a bit.  Good luck to you!
Hi Ladies,

I had my mirena removed last week (July 8). I just wanted somewhere to log our process of trying to conceive after the Mirena. There seem to be a lot of women looking for answers on how long it will take. My experience with the mirena was very positive. I had no trouble with it and I had no periods during the 3 years I had it. After removal...I had bleeding for 1/2 a day. I had some spotting after sex on 2 occasions since the removal last week. My goal is to conceive before November. Because I had no period while I had the mirena...I'm not sure what to expect. However, I do notice ovulation type symptoms around the 20th of each month. So maybe I should get busy around then :)
Congrats to all of you that have conceived and best of luck to those that are still trying.

so i have been kinda crampy the last 3 days but have only had a very tiny tiny bit of blood?? is this my period?
:( It is def my period! she came on strong about an hour ago. i am asd but at leat i know when to track for my next ovulation.
I had my iud removed yesterday and hoping to get pregnant soon! I loved the mirena I hanent had a period for 2 years so Im not looking forward to that but hopfully I dont have to experiance it for to long!
I was just wondering if any one out there has gotten pregnant right after removal?
Hi there...awww so sory to hear u got your period. B positive it will happen! By da way I wrote to u yesterday but accidently I put (mandyjune1987) name on it. It's da one right after da one u wrote on july,15 @ 11:02...so I hope u red that one. Seems like we r about da same. I still haven't started mines....keeping my fingers crossed. Best of luk to u!!! Take care.
Hi.... how r u? Yeah thats a gud idea 2 do da ovulation test. Yeah no use 4 da both of u 2 stress out. I hope u all da best this month. As 4 me I still haven't started but trying 2 stay positive n tyring not 2 think about it 2 much. Gud luk! Take care.
Avatar n tn
Hi! I'm new here!  I've had the Mirena for about 2 years with just a handful of periods.  I have two wonderful boys and we are now ready for #3.  I am scheduled to get my Mirena out on Aug.3.  I am a teacher and can really only get pregnant in Aug., Sept, or Oct.  I was wondering if anyone notice a correlation between their lack of periods on Mirena and having to wait longer to conceive?  Good Luck to all you ladies.
ok.. so I was about 7 weeks post mirena with no period and what happened today??? PERIOD!!!! Normally I would be mad, but I am happy bc atleast now I know when to track ovulaton... should my periods be normal.  So, hopefully within this next month I will hit the jackpot... we shall see....
Hi there...welcome 2 the site! I also have 2 boys n trying for a #3 now! I don't think it matters how long u had the mirena 4 n that u didn't get your periods much. I read in this n other sites that sum got pregnant the very 1 month of trying n 4 sum it's taking longer. I had mines taken out on May,12 n bled for 7 days. Then got my period on June,16. I also didn't get my period while on da mirena...which was the best part of it!!! But yeah it's different for evry1....so I would suggest timing it.... b aware of when u r about 2 ovulate n that's when u should try. I wish u best of luk on ttc. Take care!

Hello everyone....... i am reading all this comments, i am in the same boat. I got my IUD removed last month and stated trying that same week....... but i got my period yesterday, exactly 28 days.... i have three kids already but i want another baby since my kids are all teenagers now. I had the paraguard IUD for 11 years so i am thinking it might take a little longer. :( but at least i know that i am right on track with my days so i can know exactly when i am ovulating. :)
Hi! They say that it is possible to get pregnant right away but not likely.  My Doctor said if I am late not to really pay attention to it until I am at least 3 months post mirena.  She said our bodies have to regulate again.  I had min removed May 20th had a bit of bleeding for 2 days then got my first period on June 13th.  Had it for 7 days then didn't start until July 15th.  I was about 5 days late and I am normally very regular.  The 28 day cycle doesn't really apply right away.  At least that is what I've noticed.  I wish you the best of luck! I'm hoping this month will be the one for me. :)
I feel for you! The same thing happened to me on the 15th.  I was 5 days late.....getting excited then it came.  Hopefully we will have better luck this month.  My hubby it sad too. :( Maybe after this month everything in our body will go back to normal and we can track it better. :)
Avatar n tn
Do any of you know if you can ovulate and even feel ovulation while on the Mirena.  I have a slight twinge in my lower left abdomen with slight back ache on the left side (nothing major) and heavy, stetchy CM.  I still have my IUD as I couldn't get an appointment until august 3, so if I am ovulating I feel this is still a positive.  Am I just wishful thinking?
I have never heard of being able to "feel"ovulation.  Lots of people still ovulate while on the mirena, some don't.. its just a matter of your body.  Please keep in mind that it will take some time for your body to get back to normal once the IUD is out.  It took me 7 weeks to get my first period and it is here with a vengeance.  But its ok, bc hopefully I can track my ovulation dates now.
And I read your earlier post... as I am also a teacher... you can get pregnant whenever you choose... you just have to take time off work.  They can't fire you for getting pregnant.  Try not to set timetables and months bc ofcourse it is all on God's time.  I am slowly making myself realize that!
I have for many years felt a twinge when ovulating & had the very stretchy mucus as well. While on Mirena for two & 1/2 years I had neither. I had the Mirena removed on 1/20 & have felt the twinge 12 days after the 1st day of AF, but have not had any stretchy mucus. Also, my cycles have gotten longer & longer with my last one having been 85 days long. :-(
TRYING NOT TO STRESS WE LOST A FAMILY MEBER YESTDAY ITS PUTTING A LOT OF STRESS ON US AND WE ARE STILL TRYING  I DONT NO WHAT TO DO TO MAKE THIS BATTER TOHELP HIM I DONT NO WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT I HAVE BEEN UP FOR 48 HR NOW
I am new to this chat. I got my IUD removed on Jun. 23rd. Had some spotting after sex that day that stopped. I started bleeding alot on Jul. 5th lasted 10 days. But now I have some dark brown spotting after sex? Has anyone else had this problem? I have also been feeling sick. I have been getting very bad headaches. Anyone else feel the same way?
Thanks Becca
HEY GUYS. I'M NEW HERE BUT I WANTED 2 SHARE MY EXPERIENCE WITH THA MIRENA
MY 5 YEARS WAS GONNA B UP N JULY. I WAS SPOTTING AT WORK SO I PUT N A TAMPON, WEN I GOT HOME FROM WROK THAT NITE ROUND 10 PM ON JULY 3RD I TOOK MY TAMPON OUT AN RITE BEHIND IT MY MIRENA CAME OUT. I WAS SCARED BUT FOUND OUT THAT I SHOULD BE OKAY. MY BOYFRIEND AN I HAVE BEN WANTING TO TRY FOR A BABY. I HAVE  BEN SIC 2 MY STOMACHE AN SPOTTING A LIL BUT THAT HAS STOPPED. I HAVE TAKEN A COUPLE OF PREGNANCY TEST AN THEY HAVE ALL BEN NEGATIVE. I GUESS IT IS HORMONAL. CANANYONE GIVE ME ENSIGHT ON THIS?
i got my mirena removed may 26th,, july 10th i had what i think was a period but it was only for three ddays and the bleeding and cramping was on and off the whole three days..took a test and it was negative so i am hoping it was a period and now i can track my ovulation for this month.
Hey....I'm so sory 4 your loss....my prayers r with u. Try not 2 stress out! Just support him n stay positive! At da moment u guys r having bad times, but just remember that doesn't last 4-ever....your gud times will come soon. I no exactly how u r feeling...we r also goin through a difficult time. We r just trying 2 b patient n stay positive. Like da saying goes patience pays off!!! Gud luk with evrything! Take care!  

he says everything is all good. but we no it not, now he trying to get his brother to move in and that was going to be the baby room i dont no what going on in his head. and he said he would love to be a dady on his 30th bday that next month so that meen i have to get pregant his month
im new to the forum but i have been reading everyones comments for a while trying to figure out what is coming next after the mirena removal. i had mine taken out june 8th and have still had no sign of a period. but im thinking it may be coming soon due to all the signs pointing to pregnancy but the test was negative. im hoping i get it soon just so i know when to try again. i took me a year to get pregnant with my daughter and im really hoping it does not take that long this time. any suggestions on things to try and do to help things along?
okay i took a test on sat and is was neg..... i am getting annoyed now i had my iud out on april 6th and didnt have a period till june 9th and so i thought that i might be back on track but i guess i am not it is now the 20th and no period. has anyone else had a period and then it took a while to have another one after the first period. i didnt really have periods when i had the iud in so i am hoping that i am not really messed up from it. if anyone has experienced the same thing will you let me know this is driving me crazy.
Hi....I'm in da same boat as u. I had da mirena taken out on May,12 n had sum bleeding. Then started my period on June,16...but still haven't started this month! I also didnt get any periods while on da mirena. I've been getting cramps 4 da past couple of weeks but nothin so far. Crossing my fingers n hoping I won't start. After da mirena for sum it takes a few months for your cyle to get bak to normal. It just a wait n c game! I no it can drive u crazy wondering. But hav patience! Gud luk with evrythin!  

Hey Guys,
From what I understand, even if you are perfectly healthy (and so is your partner) there is still on 25% chance you will conceive each month. So you have to be patient. I hate waiting too. Which I guess is why I like this forum.
Someone said they could feel ovulation...I can too. I did when I had the mirena as well. I used to joke, "I just laid an egg."
Again, I just had mine taken out in early July. Our goal is to conceive before November but we will see what happens. My husband and I are really enjoying the trying part. I am trying to focus on our connection more than the actual conceiving.
I was having some spotting after sex the first week after the mirena removal. I wanted to update that is gone now. I noticed some other people mentioned that.
Have a good day!
i feel the same as all of you, i had my iud out june 12 and have had 2 periods and im testing  for ovulation the line is omost the same colors so any day now i will be ovulationing, i hope this month will be the month, we lost our uncle on fri and we want to name the baby after him if its a boy... i thank god i have all of u if i did not have this site i think i would be going crazzy
Hi...after I had my mirena taken out a few weeks later i felt some cramping and the ovulation test was positive.

Good luck to everyone!
Avatar n tn
i got my mirena out in may bleed for a while had a period the next month now here it is july my period should have started july 14 taken preg. test and it neg. what should i do?
Avatar n tn
I just had my Mirena taken out today after 5 1/2 years.  My boyfriend and I are planning on trying in Aug/Sept.  Anyone have thoughts on this and if it's too soon?
Avatar n tn
Forgot to mention that I had no period and no complications for the entire 5 years.  A small amount of spotting in the last 6 months mostly after intercourse.  I have had very little spotting or cramping today and am hoping for the best.
Avatar n tn
Hi, I'm new to this website, but I got my mirena IUD taken out on July 13, and had really heavy bleeding for 10days, starting the same day it was taken out. My question is in how many days should I expect my period?  We are trying to get pregnant right away as well.  will keep you posted.

louis123
I thought I would share my story with you all. I had my Merina taken out June 3 and didnt have any bleeding or anything. I started my period on June 26 which lasted 5-6days and was pretty bad. I then took a pregnancy test today June 23 knowing my period should come any day. When I took the test it should negative and then 3 mins later I looked again and you can see the faint line showing early stages of pregnancy. So I well test again on Sunday to see how things show. I know my body after 3 kids and getting up in the middle of the night to go pee, is something my body doesnt do. However I have been doing this for about a week or more...I really dont feel prego but only time will tell me more....I am 36 yrs old and have been on the merina for over 1 1/2 and didnt have my period at all. I bleed for 6moths with spotting all the time. After all that my body got in mode and I spotted from time to time... ...If you want to know more you may ask...Wish all you and everyone luck trying...

Heather
Avatar n tn
forgot to metion that I have 2 children working on #3 and have had the iud for 4 years.  and hoping to get pregnant soon.  
it definitely depends on the individual.  It took my 6.5 weeks to get my period after having it removed and some other people take a couple of weeks, some take months... it depends.  Thats a question that no one on this site can answer.

I have only had 1 period since removal and I am praying that I am back to normal bc I have heard of some people getting their period, and then not getting another for months.
Well, I'm still not pregnant after hitting the 6 month mark post-removal. I'm not suprised since it took 2 years off bc & 6 months of actually ttc to get my last child.

This time we're also not supposed to be "ttc"; we're supposed to just "see what happens". However, I'll be 28 days since the 1st day of my last period on Saturday & Baby Daddy is already talking to my stomach & asking his imaginary baby if they are in there. He also suggested that we take a test on Saturday..."just for fun". And just like last time, he wants to see me pee on the stick so he can feel like he's 100% a part of the whole pregancy. Gee, no pressure there.

I'm wondering if anyone else has a Baby Daddy who is as anxious as mine.

So ladies, is it just you, just them, or both of you who is counting to Day 28 & beyond?
Despite being 6 months post-removal (1/20), I've only had three periods.

In order, my cycles started: 37 days after removal (2/25), 40 days later (4/5), & 85 days later (6/28). At this time, I am 26 days into a new cycle.
Hi everyone! I am new to this site. I enjoyed reading everyones posts. It really helps to see that everyone is going through the same thing I am. I had the mirena for 3 years. It expelled itself on June 15th. I had light spotting two weeks later. Still no period. I have had ovulation twice but still nothing. Two days ago my boobs started hurting so I can test on the 30th and hope things go my way. I have two kids and we are trying for our 3rd. My husband is just as anxious as I am. Good luck to everyone. Hope to read good news from all of you soon!
Avatar n tn
Thanks you guys for responing.  It's just a little nerve wrecking because the thing is that back in April of this yr. a tramaic event happened in my life and the stress caused by this brought among other things my period.  I was on my period for 10 days in April, 15 in May, & in June I bleed for about 23 days when I finally went into the Dr. She recommended I take it out, and I decided to on  7/13.  I always had a period during the 4 yrs with my iud but they were very light and lasted about 7-9 days and came every 22 days. (Yeah it felt like I was alway's on it) so with the removal of the iud I am so lost and confused??
Avatar n tn
Hi everyone!! I'm so glad I found this site, Ive been driving myself crazy wondering what is going on with my body!!! I got the Mirena IUD 3 + yrs ago after my son was born. I never had a period or any problems with it. I got it removed on June 16. I had light bleeding/spotting from the 22-26 of June. I'm not sure if that was a period or just a reaction to the iud being removed. Nothing yet for July. I took a hpt today but it was negative. I called the dr and she said that it could take a month or two to get back on track and that if I wasn't having regular periods by then to try the pill to regulate them and then go off of them. I really want to be prego by September. Congrats to all that are pregnant and good luck to the rest of us!!!
Hi I am new to this site. I had my mirena removed july 2 of this year. i bled about 4 days afterwards. my husband and i are trying for baby number two. these past few days i have had quite a few headaches  and an ill feeling. i think it is to early to test. i would hate to be disappointed.
that spotting you had for that short period of time was not your period.  Thats your body reacting to the mirena being out.  It took me 6 1/2 weeks to get a period once my mirena was removed.  I never had any problems with it while it was in, but it seems things are so unpredictable now that it is out, I don't think I will go back to this method if my husband and I want a 3rd baby.  I think I will just go back to the pill... it was easier to get prego bc I knew when I was ovulating.

Good luck to you
Well ladies, my problem is that i had my mirena removed on may 21st got my cycle the 22nd tru the 25th. and today july 23rd still no period and no baby..:-( so sad. And believe me i been trying. LOL.

YES I AM MAKING A X ON THE CALCULATOR EVERYDAY HOPING MY PERIOD DONT COME. AND MY BOYFRIEND TALK ABOUT UR KIDS ALL THE TIME I NO WHEN I TELL HIM I HAVING HIS BABY HE WILL BE JUST LIKE UR MAN!!!! I WISH U LUCK

I NO HOW ALL U FEEL IT SUCK TRYING MONTH AFTER MONTH AND NOTHING. IT SAD THAT WE ARE HAVING Truble  GET PREGANT  WHEN YOUR BODY ARE MADE TO DO THIS . IT SAD WHEN I WALK IN TO THE STORE AND SEE PPL YELL AND HURT THERE KIDS AND PPL LIKE US THAT WANT THEN SO BAD ARE HAVING TRUBLE HAVING THEM. IM TRYING FOR MY FIRST  FOR U ON UR 2ND AND 3 BABY GOOD LUCK I HOP IM CAN HAVE A FEW KIDS LIKE U GUYS.. I WISH EVERYONE GOOD LUCK
THIS WEEKEND I WILL BE OVUALTION  THEN IT SUCK THAT I HAVE TO WAIT 14 DAYS TO FINE OUT IF IT WORKED OR NOT WISH ME LUCK
I am new to this site...I had my Mirena removed on Wednesday, July 22. It was quick and painless, but now I don't know what to expect.  I didn't menstruate while I had the Mirena in (which I had in for 4 years) and I'm not sure when I will get it. I've read some posts about it taking 6 weeks or more to menstruate. My fiance and I decided that we weren't going to "try" to have a child but it was a mutual decision to have my IUD removed. We asked for the BC patch until we decided that we were ready to start trying but we never picked up the prescription and have not used any other contraception, so I guess you could say we are trying now.  I really want another child. I have a 4 year old son. I'm kind of nervous that the Mirena might have affected my fertility? I've talked to my OB/GYN and he said everyone is different but that your cervical mucus is theoretically supposed to go back to "normal" within 3-4 days, I don't know.  Any suggestions you have would be great...And I'll keep you updated!
Avatar n tn
Have you done another test?? If so, what happened?
I HAD MY MIRENA REMOVED JUNE 9 AND HAD STARTED MY PERIOD ON THE 7TH OF JUNE... NO LUCK IN JULY IM HOPING THAT FOR AUGUST...I WILL HAVE MORE LUCK...I FEEL SO BAD WHEN I HAVE TO TELL MY HUSBAND ITS NEGATIVE!!
Avatar n tn
i had my mirena removed yesterday@ a clinic (don't have insur yet) & they told me i needed 2 wait 3 WHOLE MONTHS 2 get preg (but i want2 asap)bcz the lining of my uterus is 2 thin & i need 2 give it time 2 thicken up. Did anybody else hear this from their dr or were they just yanking my chain?
TO ALL MOM TRYING TO CONCIEVE (conceive),

I just want to give you heads up from my last posting yesterday, I went to the Dr and did the blood test and the results came back that I AM PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!

So dont give up it only took less than 3weeks from June 3 removal of Merina to have my period. Then I counted 14days and had sex 3 days prior and few days after Ovulation. I never took a Ovulation test either. I started Prenantal Vitamins since removal of Merina. I got Pregnant 1 month after my period. So dont give up at all.
I am sooooo fertile Mertiile that it has never taken me any time to concieve (conceive) the 3 children I have.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE BABY DUST TO EVER WOMEN OUT THERE~!!!
Hi....sory to respond late. But I've been in da hospital for 4 days. My stomach started to hurt n I was also vomiting so my hubby took me to da emergency. Actually Ireally did think I wus pregnant! They did 2 pregnancy test but it was negative:(
So then they did some other tests but they r not sure wut is wrong. I have to go bak on Thursday to get a CT Scan done....hopefully that will show sumthin. They actually wanted to keep me at da hospital until next Thursday but I just wanted to *** home. My stomache is still hurting just not so bad! Oh yeah I still didnt get my period for this month! Well I keep u guys posted! Take care n gud luk!!!!
IM SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT I HOPE EVERYTHING ALL GOOD AND UR LITTLE ONE WILL COME SOON
Congrats to you.  I only hope I will be that lucky! I had my first period post mirena on July 16th so IF I am back to normal, I should be ovulating next week... I am praying for it.

Hello again! Today I am freaking out. I am due to start the 27th. I took a first response two days and it was negative. I took the second test this morning only because I couldnt wait. It had a really faint pink line. I have since taken two more tests this afternoon and still a faint almost barely there pink line. I will wait until the morning to try and test test again. I am freaking out trying not to get my hopes up. Still in the back of my mind I am hoping.
Hello all I am new!! I wanted to congratulate everyone that has gotten pregnant so far, and encourage those who havnt to not stop trying!...SOOO here's the scoop I have a mirena right now and I am having some BAAADDD baby fever, I have 2 beautiful girls already (one is daddy and one is mommy) and of course my husband wants a boy...I would love to start trying but I have told myself that I need a bigger house(we only have a 2 bedroom and the girls share as it is) if I want another baby and this is what motivates me to move toward buying out bigger home but I am just getting it soooo sooo bad...I might just go for it what do you guys think?!
Hi there.....thanx for your concern. Yeah I hope the little one will come soon too! So how's evrythin goin with u? Gud luk to u n don't stress out!!!
will i took the opks from the days i stop my perod to yestday there was a light line for the last 4 days so we did it the hole time and we are going to keep doing it for a few more days.and hope this works because the test only shows a litgh line i dont no if i miss it or still waiting for it the test said some woman get a light line before it change drack but it not drack i think maybe i miss it and if i did it ok i had sex the hole time. i realy hope this month is the month im sick or trying and trying not to stress if i have a boy im going to name it after his uncle that just die...

how is thing going with u they no what happening
MiMi, I had my IUD removed on 05/15/09 after having it in about 4 years, with no period. I bled for about 2 weeks after having it out and then nothing. Today I finally started my period, I have never in my life been more excited to see blood, lol. So i know how frustrating it can be just waiting on your cycle to start. Good luck to you and your efforts to have a new bundle of joy!.
Took three more tests again today. Hubby thinks I am addicted. I am getting light lines. Still a little darker than yesterday. I guess I will go into the doctor tomorrow to get them to give me a definate. As much as I am hoping for that positive, I am hoping that everyone of yall get your positive very soon. Do not give up hope. I had surgery due to cervical cancer shortly after I had my first child. I was told I had a one in ten chance of becoming pregnant again. A few months after trying I concieved my second child. After him I became diagnosed with endometriosis. On top of my previous surgery, I was told that the endometriosis would make it impossible for me to have another one. Viola, after only a month and a half off the mirena I believe I am pregnant. If it can happen to me, it will definately happen to all of you. Good luck to all!!! Holly
Hey...no they havnt told me anythin yet....just waiting to get da Ct Scan done. Yeah I no it's hard not to stress out! Don't worry it will happen!
I have PCOS, was diagnosed in High school about 6+ years ago. I have never been consistant with my cycles since they first started about 11 years ago.

I started working out in Jan of 2006 to loose weight and feel great for my 21st birthday. Working out was the first time that I was consistant on an almost perfect 28 day cycle. I met a man in Apr and we were pregnant in no time (this was unplanned and not the best thing ever at that time).

7 weeks after my son was born I had Mirena put in, two years later... I now have a beautiful 2 year old boy and moved on. I got married to the most wonderful man in May this year and we want a child together. But in the last 2 years of having an iud I have never had a cycle (keep in mind the PCOS).

I got my Mirena removed July 17th and we're now ttc. I am not sure how to go about the best timing on conceiving, right now we are just winging it- No ovulation tests or charts, just having fun when the mood strikes.

Any thoughts on my situation? I also want to try for a VBAC and I think I am going to be switching doctors... so a LOT of new.
I think maybe you should TTC every other day till you know what your ovulation days are. Also, for VBAC...midwifes seems to be more open and helpful when it comes to VBAC. Have you considered maybe looking into a midwife?

I had my mirena removed at the beginning of July. I think I ovulated last week based on my body signals. I feel kind of icky these last few days. I guess this means my cycle is coming.

Good Luck everyone!
So its now been 7 weeks post mirena and still no period. I took another pregnancy test yesterday and still negative. I keep thinking i might be pregnant becuase my boobs got a little bigger and i have those very distinctive blue veins again and i have to keep getting up at night to pee. the not knowing is killing me. I would even be happy to get my period right now just to know when to try again.  Has anyone else had these same things happen to them?
Hey ladies,

It's been awhile since I posted, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me whta to do with irregular cycles.  I had the mirena IUD for 4 1/2 years, after having it removed I began with pretty normal cycles after about 1- 1/2 months.  So that was about 3 months of normal and then I had my period to end up late by about 4 days.  So now I am trying to concieve (conceive) and I don't know how to calculate this month.  Do we adjust the days by a few or trust the previous cycles and figure it will be normal this month?
I HOPE ALL MY HARD WORK THIS WEEK WILL PAY OFF LOL  HOPE EVERYTHING GOSE WILL WITH THE TEST
Avatar n tn
With the removal of the iud on 7/13 it's now been 15 days and I think I'm crazy because I feel pregnant, I'm peeing all the time, I always seem to be hungry & very tried and I feel bloated..I haven't taken a home test because I don't want to get my hopes crushed if it's neg. Is it too early to test or maybe it's just in my head?  any thoughts on what I should do??
I WAS THE SAME WAY RIGHT AFTER I HAD MY IUD OUT  AND ITS TO EARLY . IF U HAVE A 28 DAY cycle U WOULD HAVE  BEEN OVULATIONING IN THE LAST DAY OR TWO. U SHOULD NOT  HAVE ANY SIGN OF ANYTHING FOR AT LIST A WEEK FROM NOW. SO IT IS TWO EARLY. I WAS THINKNG I WAS PREGANT I WENT TO MY DR HE TOLD ME SOME OF IT WAS BECAUSE OF HAVING THE IUD OUT

WHEN WAS UR LAST PEROD?
THE ONLY WAY I THINK U COULD HAVE BEEN HAVING SIGN IS IF U HAD OVULATION THE DAY U HAD IT OUT OR THAT WEEK
louis1234, WHAT I SAID BEFORE WAS TO U
Avatar n tn
the day of my last period was that day 7/13 when iud was removed.  but yeah I guess it's just my head playing baby games with me, Because i even feel nause now.  I'll see if I can wait to take the test.   Thanks
Quick question everyone..... do you guys have mood swings after the IUD was taken out? I am asking because OMG i cannot stand my husband these last days.... i love him so much but i don't want him near me..... and we have been figting so much.....
Update: Went to the doctor today and I am pregnant. I am about 4 weeks. My due date is April 6th, 2010. My husband actually did a cart wheel in the office. LOL!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Avatar n tn
hi i am new to this site and love reading all ur comments it has been helpful.  i had my mirena taken out on 6/29/09 and had very heavy bleeding fo about 10 days or so i didnt know what was going on. but after the bleeding we have been ttc since then i am hoping i get pregnant very soon  with my second, with my  first daughter i got pregnant right away.  i think i am having signs,  sore breasts  but not as bad as the first time , but i have been getting up in the middle of the night to pee and that hasnt happened before. so do u think there is a good chance i could be pregnant or is it me just really wanting to be??
Spiket77, Yes I have been searching for a midwife. I think there is only one office here in town that will or is willing to do a VBAC, they invited me back as soon as I get pregnant that is. I am very excited to TTC and for a possible vbac.

Sweety09, Same here- I love my husband dearly but man, this last Saturday was birthday and my husband and I did nothing but fight since the IUD was removed.

I think even though I dont have a cycle normally, I think tonight is my ovulation peak. I have been reading up on the signs of ovulation. One is the ovulations test, the other is the basil body temp and the third is the mucus. I have been tracking the mucus patterens because that is all I have or can afford- LOL!  Pray for me to conceive soon.

I love these discussions!!
Congratulations... I am always excited when I hear positive stories.  

If I am back to normal, which I am praying for, I should be ovulating this week.  My husband and I have really been at it, but we will see if it pays off.  I sure hope i get prego soon, we have been wanting baby #2 for a while now.
Why is everyone so deperate to have another child so quick y can't y'all just enjoy the kids you have now and enjoy life don't stress so much another baby will happen when it is supposed to
Hi....just wanted to say congradulations to u!!! I'm sooo hapi for u. Wish u all da best with evrythin! Take care.
Hi....yeah I'm goin through da same thing as u after da iud removal. I though it was almost my time of da month, but then I realized I was feeling that way almost all da time. I guess it's da hormones....LOL  
Hi....they say sum people get pregnancy symptoms after da merina removal. I had sum symptoms last month but then got my period. I really did think I was pregnant:(  Just remember sum get pregnant right away n for sum it will take sum time....but who knows u just might b??? I wish u all da best!  
Congrats to you landonNhailsmom! I loved reading your story about the doctors telling you that you couldn't conceive TWICE! What do they know? HA! Sorry doctors. If it is meant to be then it happens.

Caralea - Sounds like you are on the right track with charting. Best of Luck!

All- On the emotional roller coaster after the IUD removal. I cried on and off for about 3 days after the removal. I wasn't even sad. I haven't been mean but I sure do get irritated and scream on the inside :) My husband was scraping his ice cream bowl the other night and I thought I was gonna throw that bowl across the room! Of course I didn't and I'm glad he couldn't hear my internal dialogue. HA! Gotta love some hormones.
Well I had my IUD removed June 23rd. Started on the 5th lasted 10 days. I thought that I was due to O on the 19th., So we had sex like crazy. I had no O pains or anything. Yesterday driving home from a friends I started getting O pains and today I have egg white stuff! We had sex Sunday night do you think I am covered or should we have sex tonight?
Becca
Well I only had mirena in 3 months I got it removed because I heard horror stories about all the side effects everyone was going through I have a 4 month old I'm not going to be trying anytime soon I got on here because I was seeing if any success stories happened but apparently there aren't any so I guess the mirena was a bad choice but if I do happen to get preggo I will keep y'all posted I just feel things will happen whem there supposed to
Sperm stay in your system for 3 days I think you should go ahead and have sex it won't hurt anything and it might help
I think everyone should keep track of when your ovulation day is because you only ovulate for 24 hours with my child it took 3 years of trying to conceive him so you all out there just keep trying one day the miracle baby will happen
I to have been having pregnancy syptoms (symptoms) but I only had my mirena removed July 15. I have been emotional sleepy and my boobs have been so sore but I also know its way to soon so I think its my body just trying to get back to normal. But good to you all and Im hoping it happens for all us very soon!

Avatar n tn
just an update.  I thought I was already preg. because all the signs are here even the (nausea), but this morning I'm having spotting.:( :(
Hi  It's also been awhile since I posted as well. I would acually like an answer to that question to its frustrating.  My cycles since march have been 41-43 days and just this last month it was a 34 day cycle.  starting in two weeks we can try again hopefully. Good luck to u and keep me posted.
Sometimes women are put on birth control pills  for a few month to regulate cycles. I am not advocating this...just an idea.
My cycles have never been consistent but it seems like you would count based on your current cycle? that and look for egg white cervical mucus. OR...have sex every other day :) for good measure.

Also, somebody said there have been no success stories...but there a lot of success stories on here. I really had no issues with the Mirena. Now, just hoping to conceive.

I feel like I'm either having PMS symptoms or pregnancy symptoms. Bloated, thirsty, warm, achy chest, and light headed. I won't take a test till next week. I kind of want to be sure about what I am feeling. Seeing a negative sign is kind of deflating.
well i finally got my period after almost 2 months since removal. I'm actually happy to see it because i know that my body is getting back to normal. i've read people saying that their pms symtoms (symptoms) were so much like feeling pregnant and i agree. the last 2 weeks i have had all the symptoms of being pregnant and it was just 2 weeks worth of pms. congrats to all the people who are pregnant and i hope i end up in the same position soon.
Caralea and baby_3:

Thanks so much! I thought i was the only weird one! LOL! :) today is even worst... i am crying of everyting and still fighting with my husband for everyting.... hopefully i won't get a divorce before i get pregnant LOL.
And the wrost part is that yesterday i started ovulation but i just don't want him near me AT ALL! well i guess if this goes on i am just going to waste my ovulation this month. :(
Hello everyone!
I had my iud removed on June 24th, and I think I had some light spotting right after, nothing heavy by any means.  My husband and I are ttc.  The ovulation kit I bought was either really confusing, or I'm really dumb.  One day it would look kinda positive, the next it was a definite negative.  So who knows when I actually ovulated?!  I've been waiting and waiting for a period.  I'm not sure when I'm actually due for one because while I had my mirena in place, I never had any periods at all.  I started to wonder 2 or 3 days ago if maybe I am already pregnant.  I took the test in the evening, and it was negative.  I'm too scared to take another, though I know that it's best to test the first time you pee in the morning.  I don't want to be let down... I know it sounds silly.  My breast haven't been tender at all, but my nipples have been really really tender.  I've been really really tired, but I work long hours. I've had a decreased appetite.  Help!  Does it sound like I'm pregnant?  Or is my period just taking forever to come?  Or is it normal to take this long?  I don't have a mom, so I don't know who to ask.  Anyone have any ideas?
I too just have to roll my eyes when I read some of these postings. I am six months post removal, I have had VERY long cycles (up to 85 days between 1st day of periods), and every time I get close to having a period, I feel pregnant. To see some people get all worked up over being two or three weeks post-removal just makes me giggle. It took me a year & a half off the bc pills to conceive my last child & three years off to conceive my first. Believe me, a little patience wouldn't hurt any of these ladies.

However, I also understand that some of these women also have time constraints due to enlisted spouses, work schedules, age, ect. I don't think any one of these ladies is more occupied with having a new child than they are caring for the one(s) that they already have.

As for me, I already have two beautiful kids and no pressure to add to my brood anytime soon. It's not that we don't really want to, just that we're young & healthy so time appears to be on our side. Besides, we're both having a great time "practicing" ttc in the meantime. :-)

As a word of advice:
I've come to find that it's kinda fun to get to keep actually TRYING to pregnant. Seems like alot of people either only get to do it a few times in their life, or never get to since they never have to "try" to get pregnant. I think I'd be sad to only have that feeling of anticipation for a few weeks out of my life. Every few months is like getting to open a plain brown box. Most of the time it's empty, but when the day comes that it's not, I'll be that much more appreciative for whatever shows up inside. :-)
Well trust me I know how it is when ur spouse is in the military so there's not much time but I think if everyone relaxes then it will happen stress is very bad on a pregnancy but I want to appologize if I offended anyone pregnancy is a very good thing everyone I wish y'all good luck
airforce_wife, txbell,
I know that I am still just a baby for only having my iud out 2 weeks. I think for most of us women its not just the excitment and anticipation to get pregnant, but it is knowing that someone else is experiencing these things. There are so many "What If's" out there and so many things we all can share to each other that our husbands may think we are nuts to obcess over. So this blog or forum as my husband calls it, is refreshing to hear stories good or bad- it is refreshing to know that you're not the only one out there.

Me personally I am really scared, the PCOS could be fighting against me. But others try to reasure me, I've had one child and so I have the chances on my side. Heck the fact that I have one child and 2 step children, makes me think I am fresh out of the funny farm for wanting more. LOL!

Spiket77,
Thanks for all the comments. I am going to keep trying with driving my husband nuts, keeping the ovulation tracking to my self and just keeping my husband on edge wanting more-

Sweety09,
As I mentioned above... Keeping somethings to my self is making this ttc with my husband easier. He is content having me want him 2-3times a week and not discussing all the gross things with him. LOL

All,
Man I am in a giggly mood tonight. I am just excited for our future. Part of me wants to conceive this month or next to keep from having a summer baby, the other part says who cares prego and in a swim suit would be FUNNY! Ovulation is confusing when you dont cycle for 3+ years. I had major "spotting" after my sons birth for weeks (or I gues you could call it after birth) and then I had very little spotting after the iud. During the iud and now nothing.

GOOD LUCK ALL AND CONGRATS NEW MOMMY'S TO BE!!
just updating to everyone. it is now past what was supposed to be the time i ovulated. it was between the 21st and the 26th i think. i dint take an ov test just whent by the predictor on the net. i had alot of cramping during that time so i am hoping i was ovulating. just have to wait now,,,, and its driving me crazy... i am gonna take a test on the 7th or the 8th and see what happens... hope thats not too early
Hey I am so glad to hear from you.  How are things?  From the sounds of it, not expecting yet?  I thought my cycles were driving me crazy but I think you have me beat.  Is your husband home or is he gone on leave right now?  Again, I can't imagine what that must be like for you when he is gone.  I love your profile.  You didn't have that set up before did you?  Your boys are adorable.  I keep praying for boys this time.  I am late again this month by 3 days now.  So maybe this is it.  I'll keep you posted.  Take care!
Avatar n tn
Good morning and good luck to all,

I have decided to get my Mirena removed, actually going to the doctor today! I only had it a year and my period didnt stop until this month pretty much.I got it after I lost my son last May and my fiance and I decided to try it again now.  I was wondering, did it take long for people to concieve (conceive) and how long did you have ur IUD? I dont know how to track my ovulation without a period but the test can do that right? Sorry new to this the first one was a pleasant surprise, lol.
I too love this blog because it gives me a place to be vocal about wanting a baby without getting my husband all worked up. Remember, we are not supposed to be "trying". He talks to his sperm in my belly so he has his own way of expressing himself; this is how I express myself. :-)

I do not have POCD, but I have always had irregular cycles. I usually only had 4-6 periods a year before Mirena. On the Mirena (2 1/2 years) I had no periods. When I was younger, doctors told me over & over that I would most likely never conceive without assistance because I was so irregular. Imagine my suprise when I ended up pregnant after 3 years of no bc!!

After 1 1/2 years of no bc & ttc my son, we ran out of patience & went to the doctor to get a prescription for fertility pills. By that point, my daughter was a month shy of 6 years old. That was on 1-7-06. At 1st, they give you Pregesterone to kick start your period. You're supposed to take it for 7 days & your period should start ASAP. However, after 7 days, I didn't have cramps or anything. So, I took a hpt just to reassure myself that I wasn't pregnant & it came out positive!! My husband was so mad that I didn't tell him I was taking the test!! Apparently, we conceived on or about 1-1-06, but the egg hadn't fertilized when we went to the doctor on 1-7 so my test there came out negative. I hadn't had a period since November of 2005 so we couldn't have guessed that I conceived when I did.

Anyways, my point is that we got pregnant without the fertility pills, but only after we gave up trying naturally. Relaxing is so important & is why I try not to get worked up about not conceiving for the past six months.

Oh, and I totally pulled a Brittney & went out swimming in my two peice twice a week during the summer of 2006. I got a few dirty looks, but I was the happiest & most secure fat girl you ever saw flauting her BIG 'OLE BELLY!! My husband took pictures & they mean so much to me now. If you get pregnant soon; "Work that bikini, girl!!"
I am hoping this is the month is my lucky month. Your praying for boys and I am praying for a girl.  My husband is out of the military he put in his 5 years and we decided that he shouldn't resign. We want to concentrate on our family.  Good luck to you and of course keep me posted on everything. Take care......BABY DUST!!!!!!!
Ummm, I don't have PCOS. My bad...*blushes*
New to the site. I am having my IUD removed tomorrow morning. I am very nervous. We are want to have a baby. My daughter is almost 3 and my boyfriend doesn't have any children and really wants one, me too..lol. He has been a great guy to my daughter and she loves him. I know he will make a great dad. Just nervous about everything.....Thanks
I just wanted to add somethings. I had my IUD for 2 years spotted for the first month and didn't have anything the rest of the time. And now I am having my IUD removed tomorrow and I started spotting 3 days ago and hasn't stopped yet. Is this my perod or is something else wrong?
hi ....im new here i had my mirena removed march 3  right after i bled for about 3 day then i got my period march 28 and since then i been getttin my period evry 28th i started to feel sick throwing up and stuff like about a week ago i took a pregnancy test on sunday 26 it came out posittive but the lines were very light  but then in the middle of the night i had started my period so i callled my doctor i went yesterday to see him but he said i wasent pregnant but i feel nauseated i cry for no reason i just feel like **** he wants to see me in to weeks cuz he said it might be to early and i want to know if anyone has any advice or anything
So I'd say that was pretty luck of you to have 2 naturally.. I was told I had a 2% chance of conceiving in HS(not that I wanted to, just new with PCOS then). I have a 2 year old and spent the last 2 years with an iud. I almost wonder now if I should have just used some other form to no hinder my chances. I originally wasnt sure I wanted more till I met my husband.

Now look- I am excited to have another one and us have 4!! I dont even know what it is like to cycle or ovulate.. I keep trying to utilize the signs and guess. I had some mild cramping on my right side today while at work- so we'll see.

I hope I dont go crazy and start thinging every little twitch is something with me "not trying tc". We are practicing a healthy relationship- its good exercise right? LOL
I saw your posts and your apology, not everyone can keep themselves contained, so this is a place to go and express their thoughts and feelings.  We are all well aware that it will happen when it is supposed to, but its exciting to "try"... so please, let everyone have that.

I am hoping that my husband and I conceive this month... we have a 2 1/2 yr old and we love him dearly, but we want to give him a sibling... so the ovulation kits, and frequent sex is exciting.  

Good luck to everyone trying, hopefully soon we will all have good news to share.
well i have been reading all the blogs for the past couple days and i do agree it is nice to have support from people that are going through the same things you are it is fun trying for some i do hope one day my son gets a sibling i just try not to think about it because i dont like failure or disappointment so i dont try i just have sex if it happens it would be amazing but i have been bleeding since my son has been born he is
4 1/2 months i just got the mirena out 2 days ago hopefully one day my bleeding will stop and i will get to have sex
I had a terrible time getting my Mirena IUD removed but have had two periods (about two weeks apart) and now have a positive pregnancy test.  Not sure if it will take completely since the Dr. said to wait three months so the uterus was back to "normal" before trying to conceive.  We didn't try to conceive but didn't try to prevent pregnancy, I am just worried this might end in miscarriage, I didn't know getting pregnant a second time would be this easy.  

Thanks for listening!  Christina
I'm starting to annoy myself. Every little thing is a pregnancy symptom! haha
I think I'm going to take a vacation from myself :) Okay, maybe that isn't possible. Still holding off on taking a test for another week.

And, this place is great for airing my baby craziness.
when did u get you iud out and im so happy for u im hoping i got preog this weekend

To everyone
i hope thing are working out for all of u, and i hope this month is the month

baby-3
how are things going with u. did u find out anything from the dr
Avatar n tn
Am new to the group but wanted to comment b/c I read some negative posts about mirena. I have had mirena for 2.5 years, and no side effects. I love it. Just had it removed on July 26th b/c I am going to try for another baby as well. Was pretty lucky with my first two, it only took a month each to become pregnant (didn't use any previous birth control except condoms).  So we will see how long it takes this time- no hurry. After I have this new baby I will use mirena again!!
So I'm pretty much positive my boobs might fall off, and I've still had no period.  It's been more than a month since the removal of my IUD.  I am completely capable of being patient, and letting things unfold how they unfold.  However, when I went in for the removal of my IUD my doctor said that it wouldn't take long for me to be at my baseline.  If I was fertile, I'd quickly bounce back to being fertile.  If I'm infertile, well, this might take a little extra effort, but it wouldn't be because of the IUD.  She didn't say anything about waiting 3 months.  She didn't say a thing about my period taking 12 years to come.  She just said to start trying and have fun with it.  I saw the PA because my MD was booked for the next 10 months.  Was my PA just stupid?  Or was the info. she gave me correct?

My husband and I conceived fraternal twins while I was on the pill, and lost them at 14 weeks.  We were past the 12, so we told everyone.  We started buying diapers every time we would make a trip to the store.  We pretty much have a box in every size.  The whole situation was a disaster, and when all was said and done, my husband wanted to try again.  I didn't feel like I could handle any more, so we had the IUD put in.  He's been baby hungry for the entire 3 1/2 years, and though I would never admit it, I was too.   We both finally agree that now is the time.  So it's hard to be patient.  I'll be on edge not only until I get a positive, but clear through the first 14 weeks.

the mirena is a good source of birth control, but for some people who have previously had an easy time getting pregnant, and are now having a frustrating time, it is natural to blame the mirena.  I did.  When I got pregnant with my son, I had stopped my pills the month before.  It was very easy.  I had the mirena for 18 months, the last 6 months with no period.  When I finally got my period, it was 6 1/2 weeks after removal, and I am now praying that I am back to normal.  Thats the frustrating part, getting your body back in check so that you can conceive again.  We all know it will happen when it is supposed to happen, but if you aren't even ovulating, you know for a fact it wont happen.  So to everyone who is super excited about "trying", try on.  I am.  My husband and I have plenty of sex, but we know when my most fertile days are and those are the super fun times.  IF(and its a big if) I am back on track, I should have ovulated today.  I had the "egg white" like mucous and I felt like things we popping in my lower abdomen all day yesterday and last night.  Needless to say, we made sure to have sex all week... maybe this will be our lucky month???? Keeping my fingers crossed!

Good luck to all of you ladies that are trying.  Sooner or later our habits will pay off
im so glad to hear that there are strong people out there like you after all you been through you still try and never give up i dont know what i would do if i went through that but i would say you were smart to start buying everything so early for twins maybe now since it is out you will get pregnant again and have 2 more miracle babies
all everyone can do is try as long as you make sure you relax and enjoy sex it will happen we cant have people getting stressed out i would love to read everyone getting pregnant then this would turn into a pregnacy website and everyone would be talking about how great the pregnancy is going well good luck to all i how everyone gets another miracle baby
Hi...well I had da CT Scan yesterday, but they haven't told me da results yet. But after da test was done da doctor came n asked me if I was pregnant n I told him that when I was in da hospital last week n they did a pregnancy test n it was negative. So then he sed da reason he's asking is cause my uterus looks enlarged! I was like wut!!!!!! Then he sent me to get a blood test done to find out if I'm pregnant or not. He sed if i am then we will hav to take precautions cause i had da CT Scan done plus da xrays in da hospital. So I've been waiting for da doctors call. I'm sooo frustrated at da moment.  
i really do hope its a baby i hope nothing is wrong with you doctors like to do the waiting game and if they dont call tomorrow you have to wait all weekend which would drive ya crazy
Is it just me or am I now having this feeling of shear fear and emotions... post iud removal.

I am even on tight ends with my friends. My job just got cut to 35 hours a week, my good friend thinks my marriage is sh*t and I am going broke trying to pay attention. I dont know what to do... all I have done today is feel like crying. I am a wreck.

My husband thinks the computure is my best friend- I am starting to agree. My illegde friend has spent all night telling me how horrible my husband is and that I am going to regret having a baby with him. She also makes him not feel welcome, so now I cant even go over there with a straigh concious and leave my husband at home.

I know this doesnt really have to do with the baby thing- but many I am a wreck today!!
girl you have alot on your plate all i can say is if your husband makes you happy i would ignore all the **** people say about him i lost all my friends when i had a baby because everyone thought i wasent cool anymore but i didnt care because my family, my husband and baby make me happy on a daily basis i dont care what people say because i know the truth if your friend is a true friend that person would support you through it all good or bad girl cry it out do what you need to do sometimes crying makes me feel better and if your husband says the computer is your best friend let it be atleast on this people listen and care about your situation
that post i just posted was for caralea sorry i mispelled it im holding the baby hard to type with one hand
I HOPE U ARE WITH CHILD THE XRAY SHOULD NOT HAVE DONT MUCH BECAUSE U ARE ON A FEW WEEK PREGANT MY MOM HAD XRAY DONE WITH ME AND MY BROTHER BECAUSE SHE DID NOIT NO SHE WAS PREGANT BECAUSE SHE WAS GETTING HER PEROD AND WE ARE BOTH FINE EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT
Hi Caralea,

I am sorry you are on edge. I can relate. You and your husband are the only people who know what is really going on in your relationship. For outsiders to speculate...well, I wouldn't pay much attention or feed them your energy. If there is something wrong then work it out with him.

Sometimes friends jump on the bashing wagon when they sense the tiniest piece of unhappiness. That is either because they love you and want to protect you or they have some need to bring you into their own misery.

I really try to turn of the computer, tv, etc when my husband is home. But, you do what you need to do. I have been taking some really long walks this week with my dog to clear my head. That seems to get me in a decent mental place before seeing others.

Hang in there!
It's hard to know what is really happening in your marriage or as to why your friend would be negative about it. She probably just has her own perspective about him that wants what is best for you, but doesn't know how to express that in a positive & supportive manner. However, sometimes where there is smoke, there is fire. I'm going to stretch out on a limb a bit & say that perhaps his attitude comes across negativly to others. While you may be able to "read between the lines" of what he says & how he says it, others cannot. This would explain why you & your friend have different veiw points when it comes to him.

I will be blunt:
You are never going to make someone else see through your eyes. Therefore, if you feel fustrated with your spouse, don't vent to someone who is incapable of offering a supportive rebuttal. All couples have verbal sparring matches, but what a good couple doesn't have are people in their corner who are continuing the fight when the couple should be resting & re-strategizing their approach. They also do not have people who encourage them to throw-in the towel. I know because my relationship has had those kind of people.

Baby Daddy and I have had some nasty fights in the past, one of which resulted in my having gone into active labor with our son at 31 weeks. For the record, he DID NOT hit me. I tripped on our outside stairs as we were fighting & I was chasing him to his truck. It was an accident, but was still a result of the fighting & constant stress that I was under. His family & my family desperatly tried to get me to leave him when I was pregnant with our son, but I refused. They all said (including his own family) that he was a bad person & I deserved better. My sister-in-law even told me at one point that she "had no respect left" for me because I was with him. Ouch!

None of them could see what I saw: someone who just needed unwaivering love & support in order to resolve his internal & external conflicts. If I had left then, I don't think we'd be together 3 years later. After months of personal therapy for him & lots of loving support from me, we gradually made improvements to our relationship that created lasting peace & happiness. One of the things we did was to ensure that we made a habit of speaking positivly of one another to the other people who had been our fight instigators in the past. And: WE STOPPED TELLING ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS TO EVERYONE WHO WOULD LISTEN. Our friends & families have since come around because they no longer see unhappiness & fighting all the time. They see that he is different which makes "us" different. Even my daughter tells me that he is not that same as he was years ago.

Three years ago most people would have said we'd be nuts to ever want another baby together and they would have been right..sort of. We had to put out the fire first. Now, we are super excited to be trying for another baby (do you see how we didn't rush into that idea) & look forward to living our lives together forever. I believe the same thing can happen for you too. Just don't give up on your man or your friend.  
Thanx....Well da pregnancy test was negative....so now I'm waiting 2 c da specialist 4 my CT Scan results. I'm just curious y my uterus is enlarged??? Hopefully it's nothin major! How r things with u going? Hope evrythin is going well!  
you pretty much said it all very good advice i would say thanks for typing that it is very helpful you gave me a differant way of looking at things
Avatar n tn
hi everyone i'm new to this and you all have been helpful to what i've been wanting know about how long after a iud is removed can you get pregnant. i want to get it taken out in august.
I called my OBGYN yesterday, and you all are right.  It'll take up to three months to regulate.  So why'd she say I'd be at my baseline fast?  I've been EXHAUSTED since my IUD was removed, and nothing seems to get done. Usually I never sit down!  I'm sending my poor husband mixed messages.  One minute I'm coming on to him, and the next I've decided I'm too tired.  He quit trying to figure me out a long time ago!  Here's my one complaint:  My nipples are going to fall freaking off.  Seriously.  My boobs are fine, but even clothes or my bra rubbing against my nipples...oh man it hurts.
Hi girl!
I hope that you're started to feel a little better about all the drama you're having to deal with right now.  I know advice from a stranger is secondhand to advice from a good friend, but here's my opinion:

My marriage had a VERY rocky start.  I truly thought we wouldn't last much longer.  My mother told me every day that I should leave my husband before I have kids with him because then I would be "trapped".  However, my grandpa, who's AWESOME, gave me this advice:

Every marriage has their ups and their downs.  Ups may only last a couple months, and downs can drag on for years.  HOWEVER, NO MARRIAGE IS PERFECT.  NO COUPLE GETS ALONG PERFECTLY, AND AT TIMES YOU MAY HATE EACHOTHER.  If you leave your marriage looking for someone without the same flaws, you'll find that person, but believe me, they'll have something else majorly wrong with them.

I do believe that at times divorce can be the only option.  But in my experience my husband grew up, and more importantly I grew up.  Things are good now, even though I thought they'd never get better.  Things aren't perfect.  We struggle every day, but I'm happy knowing that although he's not perfect, he's perfect for me.  I'd rather deal with his flaws than some other guys.

One thing I noticed was that you kept saying that your friend thinks your hubby is a loser.  You never once said that YOU thought he was.  Who cares what everyone around you thinks?  

If things are irreparable with your marriage, and you aren't happy, and you don't think it's something that can be fixed, and you've given it your all and he's unwilling to try, then don't have a baby.  The relationship between you and your man are the foundation for how your baby will be raised.  But by all means, if you wait for things to be perfect, you'll be waiting forever!

xoxo
I almost forgot!  My OB said that regular cardiac exercise (an hour a day with no belly exercises) will make my body regulate ridiculously faster.  I already go to the gym every day, but I only do like a half hour of cardio. Thought you all might like to know!  Treadmill, HERE I COME!
Avatar n tn
Yeah, that's what my Dr. told me.LOL... but I didn't believe her..LOL..my iud was removed and i bleed for about 9 days then it stopped for 6 days and now I'am back to bleeding,, but hopefully this is my period and a sign that my body is getting back to normal, but I was told by my OB that if I don't stop bleeding by monday she is going to put me on the pill to regulate my period.:(  but I really don't want to because that means I'll have to wait longer to get prego.  but if i don't, when will i stop bleeding??? Help anyone  I'am soooooo stressed.
THANKS for all the comments. DH and I had a nice long talk... then we each had a talk with our wedding party (him with his best man and I with my maid of honor) we both met up at a friends house last night after that. We had a great time, he "behaved" well and we had a great time practicing- LOL. I am having a good morning and we're going to look for a new car for me!! Going to need something bigger to hold'em all.

We are going to work very hard on our selves, our kids and most importantly OUR FAMILY. Our friends if they are friends can butt out or keep to them selves.

g2g will be back later with more time!!
I love what your grandpa said about marriage!! Thank you too
I am so far having a GREAT weekend away from all who dont have nice things to say. The husband and I dont have any kids tonight!! WOO HOO... Its rare when they all stay somewhere.

I miss them like crazy, but now hubby and I can find our inner "close to perfect" marriage-LOL

Sorry I posted my downer moment, just had LOTS of emotions and they have came out all around. On myself the most, the hubby, kids and even my job.

So far hubby and I have went to a movie, now we're at home cooking together and going to watch another movie- great night and weekend so far. Also my step-son is Native American, got his first dance at the pow-wow this weekend!

Sounds like you are having a great weekend! Congrats to your step son. Is he a grass dancer?

Nothing new to report. I'm in that waiting for my cycle mode. It should be here any day or maybe not? :)

I'm taking one of my nieces and one of my nephews to Boston this week to go whale watching. I am excited but nervous to have two 7 year olds on a plane, the subway and then a boat. At least they are easier when they are together. Wish me luck!
Ok so I have a question about the mid cycle bleeding.  I had my IDU removed May 20th and my husband and I are TTC. I have had 2 normal cycles that lasted about 7-8 days each.  Last one being on July 15th.  I have been monitoring my cervical mucus and we have been having sex everyday since July 28th.  One a couple of those days I had very light bleeding.  Just after intercourse. I only noticed when I went to the bathroom.  I was not like my period at all.  So I am guessing that it was mid cycle bleeding.  I guess my question is does that happen just before you actually ovulate or during ovulation?  We really want to get pregnant so I want to make sure I'm doing this right. :)
i dont want to get your hopes up but sometimes when your pregnant it causes implantion bleeding but then again it could be mid cycle bleeding to regulate your system when i got pregnant with my first i had a normal period then the next month theres was nothing for the rest of the time
Ya know... I am not too sure what kind of dancer he is or is going to grow to be. I was really good friends with his family when he was not even thought of  and his mother still had him, we use to go to hand games and pow wows all the time. Now it is almost like restarting since I am with his father, I have to befriend the family again and have them welcome me as his other mom (the only real one in my eyes). I am going to try to learn more about the culture and be there for him so he can have his heritage and a mommy who cares regardless of me being non-native.

TO ALL,
TTC is a tough job when you are tired from every other day stresses. LOL! DH and I keep hitting our basis by staying romantic ever other 3-4 days or so, he is getting the best deal in the long run unless he gets fat with me when I do know if I am pregnant. I enjoy our time together and we're not trying, it just is happening when ever.

I am feeling some symptoms: tired/exhausted, really sore boobs, no period, I did have some very mild spotting after sex once but not since... but I am too scared to test and have it be a neg or if it would be too soon, cause I dont know what my cycle is and I dont normally have periods to go by. Any thoughs??
So, I finally signed up after following this discussion for about a week.  My husband is going to be upset if I continue to be as addicted as everyone else!  We have decided to have another baby, so I am going to make an appointment to get my IUD out.  So far, I haven't had any problems with it, so we'll see how it goes from here.  I'm pretty sure I was ovulating on Friday or yesterday and without reading about all of you, I probably wouldn't have paid any attention or noticed!  But now, since I haven't had periods on Mirena, maybe I'll have a starting point when we are TTC.  So thank you for that!  

Caralea, I have had some problems with my husband, and I thank you for posting your story, and then to everyone else for offering advice.  I am going to steal some of that advice!  :)

Baby_3, I really hope that everything is alright with you!  Call the doctor if they haven't given you results yet.  You have a right to know.  

So, I'm calling my doctor tomorrow and hoping that I am as lucky as those of you who got pregnant right away!  We decided to try for our son on December 5th and my pregnancy test was positive on December 29th, so hopefully we'll get lucky again!  Haydon's birthday is August 16th and I do NOT want to be 8-9 months pregnant in the heat of summer again.  I'm already pushing the envelope on that one so we'll see!
thing are ok i hope im pregant i can find out next weekend i cant wait i hope i am
At the very least my story can help another know they are NOT the ONLY one going through it... Good luck on your removal!!
OMG!  Let me just say that I've never actually been excited to start my period, EXCEPT for this morning!  This is the first one since the removal of my IUD.  The cramps started late yesterday evening and I can honestly say that I have never had cramps this severe before.  I'm wondering if I'll just have a heavier period this time because I've not had one in so long?  I just want my body and my cycle to get back to normal.
Hey guys! I posted that I found out last week that I was about 4 weeks pregnant. Went to the emergency room this weekend due to having a lot of pain in my lower stomach. Just wanting to check and make sure that everything is okay I gave in to my husband and went and got checked. Never before have I met such idiotic doctors. I told them I was pregnant so they did a blood test anyway. My hcg level was at 250. They said that was extremely low. The doctor said with that level it would only make me about 1 week pregnant. How is that??? Just as a precaution they did an ultrasound to check for ectopic pregnancy. The ultrasound tech could not see the baby yet. Do you think it was too soon?? He did also find signs of cysts on my ovaries and my endometriosis. So after four hours in the er I was told that I probably had a miscarriage even though I didn't have any bleeding. The doctor had the nerve to tell me that the baby probably just feel out without me knowing it. WTF??? So now I will call my ob tomorrow and speak to someone who knows what they are talking about. So I am still pregnant. Do not know why i wasted 5 hours in the emergency room. Is 250 a really low hcg level at about 4 or 5 weeks pregnant? Was it still too early to see the baby on a trans vag ultrasound? Can you miscarry without bleeding and knowing anything?? Was that doctor just trying to freak me and my husband out? My husband by the way has been super upset ever since then thinking that something is wrong with our baby. I keep trying to get him to calm down but he needs to hear it tomorrow from my doctor. Ladies please give me your opinion on this issue. Maybe you can help put my husband's mind at ease. Thanks in advance for your time. Holly
k i am starting to get descouraged :( I had started my last period July 16th. 17 days ago....why havent i ovulated? i take the ovulation test always neg...and no signs of ovulation at all. i keep waitin to have the "egg white" but have had NO sign of any kin of cervical mucus at all? we have been doin "the deed" almost every day! Do you think that coul be the problem? like maybe i am not noticing it because the siemen is maybe diluting it LOL sounds dumb...but i ovulated on exactly day 14 last cycle...and i have zero signs now?
SOME TIME IF U HAVE BEEN STRESSED IT CAN CHANGE THE DAY U OVULATE OR SOME PPL ONLY OVULATION FOR A FEW HR MAYBE U ARE NOT TEST THE RIGHT TIME.
I WAS TEST EVERYDAY AND MISSED IT LAST MONTH I TALKED TO MY DR SHE TOLD ME TO TEST 2 TIME A DAY SO I WOULD TEST AT LIKE 10AM AND THEN AGAIN AT 6 OR 7PM AND FOUND OUT I WAS OVULATOIN  ONLY FOR A FEW HR A MONTH SO TRY THAT AND SEE IF IT WORKS. IF THAT DONT WORK JUST MAKE TIME TO HAVE SEX EVER ATHER DAY SO U NOT MISS THE WINDOW AND U HAVE SPERM IN U THE HOLE TIME
I am completly going crazy waiting for my period to start after my iud i get signs it might be comimg and then it dosent show up. I have never planed a pregnancy before all of my other kids just happened so TTC is hard because u have to wait around to take a test or start your period. I thought it was hard waiting for my due dates with my kids but this is so much more stressful!
I totally understand! I know for me I didn't realize my cycle would be so messed up after the IUD.  They make it sound so simple.  Just be prepared that for at least 3 months after removal your cycle will be all over the place.  I had mine removed on May 20th.  About 3 days late bled for a few days, then got my first period on June 13.  Didn't get my next one till July 15th.  The normal 28 days turned in to 33 days which then made me think my ovulation was off.  I'm trying to track it but it hasn't been the easiest.  Just hang in there! It will come then you can get back to business. :) I have never had to TTC either so this is a whole new headache for me as well! Good luck to you!
Avatar n tn
Well I guess I just had my first period after removal of iud.  so I guess now i'll TTC, but I can't stand my husband right now..LOL..and we'll see what happens next month.. OMG and by the way my sister who wasn't even trying to get prego is prego.. very happy for her but it made me feel sad too.  
Hello Louis,

WOW i thought i was the weird one not standing her husband...... People tell me that it is because the hormones maybe after the IUD removal...... but i am the same way right now, i just feel like i hate him..... but if you are trying to TTC you will have to :)

I know my first two pregnancies were so easy. I conceived right away and this i feel like this time is taking longer..... well this is barely my second month trying.   I ovulated last week so these are the two waiting weeks to take a pregnancy test. :) we'll see what happens!
I conceived my son (sperm meets egg) on or about 1-1-06. A urine test at the OB on 1-7 came out negative (we had decided to go to the OB to try fertility pills). I took progesterone to kick start my period which never came. An hpt on 1-14 came out positive. By 1-21-06 we had our first ultrasound photo of our little "spot". The ultrasound was performed vaginally, btw.

I concieved my daughter on 5-13-99 (it was the first time we ever had sex & we didn't use a condom). A few weeks later I was having some pains that felt like cramps & I wasn't someone who got cramps normally. An hpt came out positive on 6-12. On 6/19 my GP said my cervix & uterus didn't indicate pregnancy & that worried him so we had a hospital ultrasound performed. I was told by the tech that there was "something there" but that they we're authorized to discuss it with me. So, there clearly was a baby there that they could see. The ultrasound was performed vaginally in this case as well.

Based on my experiences, I would be precautious about your situation if the doctors at the hospital are saying they saw no baby in your uterus. It was early in both my pregancies when we had ultrasounds performed and there was never any question that a baby was there.  
AF started yesterday. That makes my last cycle only 35 days long as compared to 84 days for the previous cycle.

When I told Baby Daddy that I had started he said, "No; d**n it!! Just so you know, this is all your fault. I worked real hard at it this month."

He's so crazy. :-)
HELP!

Like I said, I started spotting Sat. night, and by Sunday I was hemorrhaging.  I'm soaking a super sized tampon every 2 hours.  Now, I'm having to change tampons every hour. This is so unusual for me.  Typically, I only bleed for 4-5 days, with only 2 days of light flow, and 2-3 days of spotting.  What the freak is going on?  I have had cramps so bad that they make me feel like I might throw up.  I hurt so bad that I have been in tears non stop because of the pain.  I've never felt this much pain.  Put a call in to my Dr, but no call back yet.  Can you bleed too much?  Should I be concerned?
Avatar n tn
i had my mirena taken out on june 29th i had heavy bleeding after ........... today after a couple weeks of driving myself craz thinking i was having all the symptoms of being prego i finnally took a test......it was POSITIVE ..... i just hope u all keep trying and have success soon..... it will happen......
Avatar n tn
Congrats!!!
Avatar n tn
I had really heavy bleeding two for about 9 days but with no hard cramping..If your Dr. doesn't call you back, you should go to the ER to get checked out.
Avatar n tn
how far along are you???
Viewing 401-600 comments:
KTowne, and Shannon79 commented on KTowne's status
Shannon79 commented on veronica0808's status
Shannon79 commented on msdelight's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals