How long did it take you to conceive after Mirena IUD removal?
Has anyone had the Mirena IUD and had it removed to ttc. I am just curious how long it took you to conceive after Mirena IUD removal?  How long until your menstrual cylces were regular? I got my IUD out on Aug 5th and am ttc. I have had lots of spotting and maybe a period but nothing regular.  I called my doc and they said that it takes 3 months before the hormones are out of your system. The mirena website makes it sound as though you can get pregnant anytime after removal.  Any advice/stories would be appreciated.  Thanks.
How did you take it out yourself? Is that dangerous? I went to the doc and it was difficult to take out. And it hurt.
I recently had my IUD removed, and started to get discouraged after several negative tests. I did a little bit of research, since my doctor never told me what to expect afterwards. It is normal to bleed heavy clumps after it is removed. The IUD works a couple different ways. It does reduce your uterine lining, blocking fertilized eggs from implanting on the uterus, or by creating a mild inflammation which prevents sperm from fertilizing eggs. Some women can get pregnant right after having it removed, but there is a good chance that it wont implant properly, and you will miscarriage. You have a much better chance if you wait a cycle or two, and by your third cycle, your lining should be back to normal. (Not that it hurts to try from day 1!)

I read somewhere that several women got pregnant right away, but it wouldn't show up on the pregnancy tests until they were about 3 months pregnant. I asked my doctor about that and she said the IUD didn't have anything to do with the false negatives. Sometimes I feel like maybe they don't really know that much about the IUD, and how it affects a person once it is removed. It does appear to be common to have pregnancy symptoms once it is removed, but I feel (in my case) that it may be due to my lining still too thin, and the pregnancy doesn't last long. Hopefully in another month or so, I'll get my positive sign. =)

To all of you out there in "pregnancy limbo", it will happen when it happens, and it's best not to stress about it. Just pay attention to your body signs, and keep trying!
I have had the mirena since august 2004 i was sure that i did not want anymore children and actually wanted my tubes tied but due to being 26 my ob/gyn convivnced me to wait the 5 years and if i still felt strongly about not having more kids get my tubes tied. Well my husband and i split up about 2 months after baby # 3 was born and i have been with a new man for nearly a yr now he has no children and adores mine I really want to be able to have a child with him and I am now wanting the iud out to make that happen Crazy to want baby # 4 probably but feel strongly about doing it. This week I had a cyst rupture on my ovary and discovered several on my other ovary which doing research has told me the mirena is probably to blame for this. I am scared to have the mirena removed cuz it hurt so damn much getting it in. I am hoping somone can tell me if it will hurt as much coming out there are just too many side affects from having it in and i cant wait for another baby I have not had any cycles since having it in i'm tolf this is isnt really normal i just assumed it is hopefully someone can tell me if this is ok if this will impact me having another baby and if having it removed will hurt just as much as going in please help! and wish me luck
hi i had an IUD marina in july of 07 until march 31/08 so about 8 months. i had my period when i got it taken out... and i would usually get my period every 28days when i wasnt on an iud. but i got my period a could time within the time i had the iud in.
so i'm 2 weeks late now for my period i was wondering if u would get ur period right away or could i be pregnant?
I'm not sure about the cysts, but I do know that it is not nearly as bad having it removed. Basically, you lay on the table, they pull out several scary looking tools, in she goes and literally, a second later, it's out. It did hurt a little bit, but not as bad as having it put in and it was much quicker. I'm sorry you are having to go through this, but if it's causing you problems, it's best to get it out asap. Good luck!
I got the iuc put in dec 05 and just had it removed not to get pregnant just didnt want it anymore on april 1st no joke. I had a period immediatley afterwards that lasted 1 week. On april 21 and 25th i had unprotected sex and now i feel pregnant. I havent yet had another period and went online to find out if i could be pregnant and the mirena website stated you can get pregnant right after having it removed. I am scared and nervous that i am pregnant and will be getting a pregnancy test asap. I was just wondering how long it would take to have a period after the first one.
after the marina IUD for 5 years I am having it taken out tomorrow and really want to have baby #4 i have always get pregnant fast with all my baby's and i get  morning sickness so badly i know i will know when i am pregnant but since my IUD was up in march and it is may i wonder if in theses few months if the hormones are all out of my system and if i can conceive right away? I Pray i do me and my husband are in agreement and are leaving it in Jesus's hands so i know it will all be OK and Levi Rason (thats what we will name our son) will be well on his way =)
I had my Mirena removed last week (8th May) after a year as we are trying for our 1st baby.  During that year I had no periods but v light brown discharge on 20th March for a few days and 19th April for a few days.  I presume these were periods?

After having it removed I thought I would be due on around 18th but instead I started getting the same kind of light brown discharge I'd had before on Saturday night (10th May)

Does it sound like I could have a 23 day cycle?  is it a period? (it is v v light but my lining would be thin so I guess it could be) or is it just caused by the coil coming out?  Do I count towards my ovulation from that date?  I am worried as everyone else seems to have had heavy bleeding after removal.

Any advice would be much appreciated.  x
My son was born 5/17/06, I had my IUD put in at the end of July 06.  I spotted a little after having it put in and my abdomen was a little sore, but I have not have any spotting or bleeding of any kind since.  It has been almost 2 years (about 22 months) since I had it put it and now my husband and I are wanting to have another baby.  Part of me wants to have it taken out now in case it takes a little longer to conceive (we are not wanting to get pregnant right away), but if I take it out now I could get pregnant the first month too....I was on the pill for several years, didn't take it for 1 month and got pregnant.  If I had the IUD taken out now could I go back to the pill until we are ready to get pregnant again?  
hello i had the mirena iud fit on 29th of feburary 2008 this year after discomfort on being on deprovera for under a year  my last injection being november 14th 2007...i recently had the iud removed 3 weeks ago to try and concieve baby no 3,
sorry if tmi
before i removed the iud i was having brown  and pink discharge within an egg white consitancy.

when i had removed the iud i had a light "fresh", being that it was red not brown, bled  for five days then nothing for about 9 days later  then got normal  egg white discharge no blod with it which would say im ovulating followed by slight uncomfortable cramps where my ovaries would be and light back pain
i am still waiting for another bleed if it does not come in another 2-3 weeks im going to give myself a home test just to check if i have not fallen already
btw i am only 24 years old
I got my Merina IUD early 03 or 04 (dont remember which) I went into Dr. on April 21 to get checked cause i thought i might be pregnant on it, she did tests, sent me for blood work...and NO pregnancy...which was a relieve to me cause of all the problems you can have with a pregnancy with a IUD in place.  I was lightly spotting on April 18-22....i thought it was my period.  When i went back on May 2nd i was spotting again and she said that it was heavier than on the 21st when she did my pap...i got the IUD out, and bled pretty heavy with clots (i NEVER had clots during the few periods i had with the IUD) and only reason got it out was cause for the last 3 months i had been spotting every week for about 3 days....now everytime i orgasm whether with intercourse or masturbation i spot..just a lil...shows when i wipe and is done. or when i have sex the bleeding returns and then is gone before morning...is this part of the IUD removal, or should i be worried?  Fiance' and i had sex 2 days before removal..and several times after without protection...i think we both secretly want a child.  i have 3 from other relationship...we will be getting married before end of summer, any suggestions as to why the bleeding after orgasm?  

The side effects i had are; mood swings (would cry over everything and nothing), acne (bad), hair loss(slight, but enough to notice-a brush full every other time i brush hair),the feeling that everyone hates me(i guess that would be anxiety)...and the list goes on and on.  Most of these have cleared up in the 3 weeks it has been out.

Although i have had several early pregnancy symptoms i am not gonna do the hpt until after i should miss a period...i am gonna assume that the bleeding at the IUD removal(was bleeding before it was removed)was my period. so if i do not have a period by June 5th...then i will go get a hpt...

Wish me luck all, and good luck and god send to all of you...
Blows BabyDust to all who want one....
to answer your question about if you can take the pill between getting IUD out and planning a pregnancy.  From what i understand Yes you can.  I went in on May 2nd to have my IUD removed and she gave me a script for the pill Alessa, sounds more like a name of a person than a BC pill...lol...anyhow i decided to not fill it....so it is my understanding that as long as it works, you CAN use BC Pills until you are ready to conceive....

babydust to all.....
I got mirena removed on april 18th(after only 3 months cuz I hated it) on the 20th I had what it seem like a period that lasted 3 days nothing since then, My cycles used to be 28 days before mirena so I took a tes but it was negative, could I stil be pregnant?
well ive been on the mirena twice now and never had a period whilst having it...when i had it the first time i had it in for about a year and was on deprovera for 2 years prior to that so i did not have a period at all.
when i had the mirena removed < more like it fell out into the toilet  after dislodging itself we ttc right away i had no bleeding at all not even after removal... and about 2 months later i concieved my son when he turned 6 weeks  i went back on deprovera from 31st of jan last year till november 14th 2007 which was my last injection ....29th of february 2008 i went on the mirena once more and  27th of april i had it removed to try to concieve no periods again whilst i had the thing inside me however i had light brown spotting 2 days before removal and bled for five days after removal and nothing since then....appart from cramping like ovulation pain ...past 2-3 days i have been peeing alot,breast's sensative but not tender but darker around the nipples and i am feeling very tired i did a pregnancy test last week and it did not show up at all that i was pregnant .

it was not till today that my memory was jogged and that i had a feeling of being pregnant with my son but it took another 3 weeks of cramps and feeling sleepy to show that i was pregnant on the home pee on the stick clear blue pregnancy test....it was very very light to begin with you could just make it out then i tried a week later and it kept getting darker till a true definite positive, so yes its possible to be pregnant without ever receiving your period...my advice is to try a week later do not wait for a period ...keep an eye on faint positives

wow that's crazy! thank you so much for your response. I haven't had my period yet, I feel very quezy and crampy, my lower back is killing me also, so I definately feel pregnant but test keep coming up neg except for one yesterday that showed a very very faint positive line that only I could see, my husband says there is no line whatsoever lol. I guess I'll wait antother week. This is making me so anxious but your response helps a lot so thank you! and congratulations!!!!
...i don't think im pregnant yet :s
i am however getting the same symptoms too aswell as some of these symptoms  from feeling quezy...my symptoms are peeing allot....cramps..back ache my temperature fluctuating allot...feeling very tired even though i go to bed early....and very thirsty and about 10 mins after having a drink wanting to go again...and a bubbly feeling in my stomach not like butterflys or the feeling of gas but more kinda like electricity,
i have not tested yet >.< but i wanted to test in about 2 weeks time to hopefully get a better result....though on a lighter note don't know if this is good or bad but its now been a month since i had the mirena removed and still no bloody sign of a period i within 4 weeks i have done 7 opk tests all seven comming back negative though above the control line theres a very light line....and i had just the same with the hpt i did 2 weeks ago...i think i am due to test again.....will give an update in 2 weeks time baby dust to those trying
Well I guess we will have to keep waiting.  Good Luck to you'all!!!
I took a pregnancy blood test at the dr' s ofice and it came up negative. No AF stll though. I guess mirena messed me up. I need to see the dr next week to get some pills that will help start my period. Hopefully after that I will gte back to normal.
sorry to hear about the bfn, but hopefully the doc can get ya fixed up and you will have a bfp soon.  Good Luck and keep us posted.