How long did it take your HPT positive line to get darker?
I got a faint BFp last night, took another one today, another faint line. I was wondering, for any of you that started out with a faint line how long did it take to get darker?  Did anyone's stay faint?  I am very greatful for the BFP and trying not to be paranoid.  Thanks for any comments.
It depends really on when your period was due as you could be testing too early and getting a faint positive result.
Yeah I know thats what they say but I would like to see it get darker.  I am happy to see a like at all, trust me!  Thanks for the encouragement.
When I got my BFP it was so fain toyu could barely see it.  That was with a CVS brand.  The next day I used the First Response brand and the line was even fainter!  I would have proably tossed it out as a BFN had I not taken the one the day before.  About 3 days later I took another one, Answer early, I think. and it finally looked like a real BFP.  BTW, I don't just love to POAS.  I was having some spotting and wanted to make sure I was still testing +.  :)  Just give it some time.  And congratulations!!!
In the beginning, you hcg doubles roughly every 48 hours. So, take another one of the same brand in 48 hours with first morning urine. If it was strong enough to trigger a positive result on the brand you were using, in 48 hours it should trigger an even stronger positive. Now, keep in mind, some tests just have lighter lines. I have never gotten a deep dark line with the Answer brand. My dh was reluctant to believe my BFP was a BFP until he saw a darker line (paranoid of evap lines,lol) so rather than wasting more dough on line tests that never seemed to get darker, I finally bought the digital tests. I took my first hpt on Friday Feb 17th and got the faint BFP, that Saturday wasted money on 2 more Answer tests that never got darker, so Sunday the 19th, I bought a 2 pack of the clearblue easy digital tests. The result popped up quickly (the readout lasts for an hour) and I quietly walked out to my dh and simply asked "this good enough for you, do you believe it now?" Suffice it to say, he did and that was that ; )

Andi
THANKS..Andi- Ok I feel better after hearing your story! I have used 2 Answer, they looked about the same. And one First Response ER, which was even lighter.  I was scared the the "pregnant" or "not pregnant" ones would say NOT if you were getting faint lines. I will try one of those. Maybe one say we will all stop worrying and just enjoy, huh?  Yeah right.

Green Pixie- I know you are really knowledgeable about herbs and such, are you taking anything that seems to help with fatigue?  I am taking prenatals of course, but the mornings are especially rough, I am draggin.. I feel ok by lunch time.
I too use the early response and only got a faint line.  I wasn't sure and I did not want to freak my husband out, so the next day I went and bought the digital clearblue test.  Within seconds the big fat positive showed up.  No questioning now.

4wks. and 5 days.

Very excited.  oh and as a side note: boy does my chest hurt.  ( I'm smiling though because that means that there is something growing inside of me.

p.s.  Sorry to go on a tangent
Congrats!! I love the digital, no guessing! Remember, the result only lasts an hour on there. Hopefully you got a 2 pack so you can piddle on the other while dh is nearby ; )

Andi
Ok I can chill out now.  I took the digital test after it was recommended by a couple of you and it did indeed say PREGNANT.  So I can go home and show my husband and he will take me seriously (LOL).  There have been alot of BFP's on this board lately, I think it is contagious.  Sticky baby dust to all!
First sorry bout all the typos in my previous post, I must get carried away. About the digital test-sounds good!I showed my husband the faint lines and he didn't seem too convinced. I went and bought a digital(see i just can't stop testing!!!) I am gonna take it soon. And about the chest thing,I feel like I will cry when I take my bra off so I am right there with you.  It's a good thing though. According to due date calculator I am 4 weeks today EDD 12/13/06.
I am almost 6 days late and I  have been taking hpt for a week now and still negative but all the symtoms are there for being pregnant ... I already have 2 sons so I know what to feel for. my question is could I still be pregnant and just to soon to tell. My last period was 8-21-07 so I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happened to them on getting a negative reading
It is possible that you are pregnant.  My last period was 8-19-07, i had all the pregnancy symptoms i experienced with my first child.  I took two HPT's which were negative, only tested positive at 7 days late, with a different make of pregnancy test.  so, you may need to test again in a day or two, maybe with a different brand!
the doctor said i am not pregnant.. and that menstuation.. but i keep having a faint positive lines.. 1 week missed period.. transvaginal ultrasound but they see nothing..