How long does it take to cure a yeast infection?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

So here's the deal.  Almost 2 months ago I started getting an itching sensation on my vulva.  I was freaked out that it was a STD, and finally got the guts to face the music and go see a NP who said it is very well a yeast infection on the outside of my vagina.  (I have no abnormal discharge).  She gave me a 3 day regim which seemed to cure the itchiness, but made the area more red and irritated.  So then I got more guts and finally went to a gyno who cultured the red irritated area and checked it out.  She told me that she saw nothing abnormal but saw some yeast.  So there it was confirmed.  A yeast infection of the skin surrounding my vagina.  She gave me diflucan, in on pill to take and also gave me monistat 7 to use as well.  So I took the pill 3 days ago today and have been using the cream since.  I feel better with the itching again, but at night, I think I touch the area, so when I wake up in the morning it's red again.  I feel like these treatments aren't working.  
How long do I have to wait for the treatments to work.  Am I just expecting it to cure the yeast infection too soon? Is this something that takes time to heal?  
It's just really irritating.  It's been almost 2 months and I would like it to go away.
Can anyone give me some insights?  
Also, I got to the gym alot and wait to shower and change out of my gym clothes until I get home.  I have been obstaining from the gym since the day I went to the dr in hopes that it will help make the healing process go a little faster.  
Also, I've been using Dial bar soap to clean the area, is this too strong?
hi i used to have this yeast infection, probably 2x a yr. i used monistat (with prescription)and it takes a while to cure it,for me about 4-5 days. but i have to wear loose pants for the meantime, because if you wear tight pants, it doesnt not get better,it help. i know not much help, but i hope you feel better.sometimes it really takes time to cure it.
Hi, being that I am a diabetic, I get yeast infection every other month.  It really depends on how bad the infection is.  It can take from 3 to 7 days, unless its really bad and then it may take up to using monistate 7 twice, which would be 14 days.  Good Luck, I know they are irritating. I am nursing one now as well.
First,  stop using soap of any kind to wash yourself there.  Especially if you are having a problem. Plain water is will work just as well. After going to the gym, change into a pair of sweats or something before you go home. You have to get out of those sweaty clothes. You are predisposing yourself to trouble.

The irritation showing back up in the morning is normal. As for how long it takes to get rid of it, that depends upon the strain.There are many drug resistant strains that take longer courses of treatment to irradicate.  If you reacted to your med, i.e. became more red and irritated than previously, I woulde not use that type again. You would be setting yourself up for a full blown reaction and that really hurts.

If the irritation persists, you should probably ask to get the yeast cultured and typed to find out what it is resistant too. Sometimes it just takes a longer course of treatment.
I JUST HAD MY 1ST YEAST INFECTION... AND ITS SO BOTHERING. I MEAN MY AREA IS RED ITS FEELS LIKE I'M HORNEY ALL THE TIME!! I HAVE TO RUB REALLY HARD AND JUST STAY IN 1 PLACE. I CAN'T EVEN KEEP STILL. I WENT TO GYNO AND SHE SAID ITS A COMMON INFECTION, SHE GAVE ME CREAM AND A PILL, I TOOK YESTERDAY AND TODAY IT FEELS A LITTLE BETTER BUT STILL AGRAVATING, HOW LONG BEFORE I FEEL BETTER AND CAN HAVE SEX AGAIN?
Just curious to compare meds, Sade....what were you given?  

Today, I was prescribed Empecid (a clotrimazole vaginal tablet), the same Empecid, but as a cream for the skin, and then Wintomylon (antibiotics) to rule out a blood infection, but could admittedly worsen a yeast infection.
I had my first yeast infection like 3 month ago, 2 weeks ago I went to the gyno and she gave me a pill name Fluconazole (Difulcan) first it was only 1 pill.She told me that this pill is so strong that it will stay in my body for a month. That I shouldn't have sex again in a month but she never told me nothing about monistat, I know about this cream 'cause before I went to the gyno I was using it. So ladys NO SEX IN A MONTH.... :-)
I went to the doctor 8/15/07 complaining of itching,swelling,burning,redness, and a small red dot between my vagina opening and my anus. They tested me for a yeast infection and it came back positive...ive never had one of these...they gave me 1 pill --FLUCONAZOLE 150MG and a creme for all of the other things (redness,itching,etc.) They also tested me for genital herpes even thought the  nurse said she doubted very seriously that i had it because she'd never saw genital herpes look like that its always much worse. She said in her opinion she thought it was maybe where i might have broke the skin being so sore and irritated, by wiping after i went to the bathroom...im still really worried though i call this wednesday for my results.....im 17 and in 13 days my son will be 1. Im a senior this year and im not worried about not being able to have sex im in a relationship but we've both decided to wait until we're married. IM SCARED!!!!!! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! =*[
Yeast infections SUCK! They can be quite painful, irritating, and annoying. Sounds to me that you have a yeast infection...and they are easy to get. They can be caused by foreign bacteria passed on from fecal matter, your sex partner's penis, hands, mouth (thrush is an oral yeast in the mouth which is evident by a white coating of the tongue).In addition harsh chemicals found in many soaps and detergents can irritate the vagina and contribute to or be the cause of a yeast infection. DO NOT USE DIAL SOAP! of all things, and in fact it is better to use no soap until it has cleared, water will be fine to wash while having an infection.
  I have had two or three in my life and do not use drugs or anitibiotics to treat it. In fact antibiotics only worsen the problem because they kill off all the bacteria in the body even the good bacteria our bodies need to be in a healthy balance. I only use the natural approach to healing ailments. Doctors and pharmaceutical companies want your money, they only give bandaid solutions....in other words they promote sickness not health. Beware!

In the case of a yeast infection it is very important to kill off the "bad" bacteria/fungi that is causing the infection. Tea tree oil, garlic (slice up a clove) and oil of oregano are all very good at killing these organisims. I use all three ( rotate them) topically as needed and it works fast. If you are diligent it can be healed within a week or so. Note: garlic, tea tree and oil of oregano are very potent and will sting a little so use in moderation but know that the sting means it's working.
Another essential thing you need is to restore balance of the bacteria in the body (or in the case of external yeast infection) is a "good" bacteria called acidophilus which can be found in any health food store or you can just go ahead and eat fresh raw/plain yogurt and plenty of it. Yogurt naturally contains acidophilus. I use a product form the health food store (capers/whole foods) called Bio- K, which is essentially a mega dose of the good bacteria (acidophilus) and it tastes and looks like yogurt. It is found in the refridgerated area of any health food store and not only is it good for an external yeast infection but your entire digestive and intestinal tract will benefit and love you for it. It's all about keeping the body in balance. You can use plain yogurt or Bio K directly on the affected area especially if it is red and sore,not only will it soothe you but you are putting "good" needed bacteria where it needs to be.This can be messy so do it the bathroom leave it as long as you can and then rinse with water.
So you first need to work at killing off the "bad guys" and then adding the "good guys" both internally and externally ideally. Avoid sugars as yeast flourishes in sugary environments, avoid yeast containing food if possible while healing yourself.
There is tons of information on the internet if you do a google search - (healing yeast infections naturally) (garlic and yeast infections) (tea tree and yeast infections) and check out probiotics and yeast infections too while your searching.
Good luck and happy healing!
I just took my third dose of clotrimozole (of 7). I take it at night before bed and usually feel pretty good until the next day around 3 or 4. Then it's more burning and discharge and just general all around sloppy uncomfortableness. When can I expect to start feeling better? Or will this continue until I stop the treatment at day 7. How do I know what's the yeast infection and what's the effects of the medicine?
I'm 17 yrs old. Im having my first yeast infection and I'm on my menstration is this normal? I  dont know what to do,  the pain is unbearable. I do not have a normal gyn to visit and I don't live with my parents for advice or guidance. what should I do? Help!
i am nursing a yeast infection at this moment and i got mine form taking antibiotics and the best thing thats helped me with the pain and burning and itching is a monistat cream that i bought form the local drug store ! it really does help! it was really cheap you can also use the generic ones also they work the same! and yes its normal but more frustratin becaue you have the pain of both and soaking in a hot bath with a cup of apple cider vinigar helps sooth it also! i hope you feel better soon!
do yeast infections also give you a bad smell?
I also got a yeast infection from being on 2 rounds of antibiotics and steriods for broncitis and pneumonia. I just started getting into using more "natural" approaches, and I bought several different kinds of essentail oils, tea tree oil being one of them. After I realized I had a yeast infection (I'm 30 and this is only my second one ever) I had to research to see what to do about it. I read about using tea tree oil, so I began using it right away (Diluted by spring water) and it is working very well! I also got thrush (Yeast infection in the mouth) at the same time and began putting tea tree oil on a Q-Tip (full strength) and putting it on the spots in my mouth and and on my tongue. In three days it is pretty much gone! I can't beleive how fast it worked!
Taking probiotics orally is ESSENTIAL to restoring the good bacteria in your body!!!!! Everyone should take one EVERYDAY whether you feel bad or not. Especially while you are on antibiotics. My husband was having alot of stomach problems, so I had him start taking acidophilus and he has never felt better! It restores the natural flora in your system, check it out on the internet.
Also, I talked with a herbologist (she is VERY knowledgable on how to heal things naturally) and she said to open up an acidophilus capsule and put the white powder right inside your mouth (when I had the thrush), and right on your vagina (when you have a yeast infection) because it puts the "good bacteria" right at the source, and heals things ALOT faster. Try it....it works!!

A little side note,
when you have a sinus infection, to heal it naturally without antibiotics, there are three things you can do.
First, start taking GOLDEN SEAL ROOT (2 pills three times daily for a period of 3 weeks) This will clear up the infection.
Second, take oral acidophilus once daily, and also open up a pill and pour it into a little bowl. Using a small amount in the palm of your hand, hold it up to you nose, close your mouth, and take a deep breath in through your nose, this will get the "good bacteria" right to your sinus infection and clear it up very quickly!
Third, buy a small bottle of saline solution (one that you squirt up your nose, I buy the one at Walmart the brand name is "ocean" it's just a generic brand, costs $1) take off the top (just wiggle it a little and it will come off) and add two drops EACH of eucalyptus oil, Tea tree oil, and peppermint oil. Shake it well everytime you use it. Use it once in the morning and once in the evening, this will clear out the mucus and just invigorate your whole head!
I have read that a yeast infection will smell like yeast, but a bacterial infection will smell bad. If yours is smelling bad, I would get to your gyno, you may have a bacterial infection and you'll want to take care of that so it doesnt leave permanent problems.
OMG!!! um goin thru this RIGHT NOW!! its kills i was gunna murder my boyfren thinking i had an std or something. lol i looked it up in all the symptoms that are up r my symptoms but imma just go to the hospital to double check like i got that burniong sensation when i pee it burns LIKE HELL its itches like whoa! white discharge. foul odor CHECK! n i get these sudden urges to jus rub it soo hard. lol my boyfren told me um jus usin it as in excuse. lol but any ways so i would have to wait a mth without sex>???? WHATEVER as long as this goes away!!!
If you are menstruating with a yeast infection, make sure you use a pad rather than a tampon, and make sure you change the pad often.  Moisture remaining close to the skin will exacerbate the problem.  Eating a cup of yogurt a day when taking antibiotics will sometimes help avoid the yeast infection b/c of the active cultures.  Once you have a yeast infection, over the counter creams have always worked for me, though I have heard a gynecologist say that 7 day creams are the way to go and to avoid the 1 and 3 day treatments.
I am 17 years old, and I think i am having my first yeast infection i am in so much pain. i am planning on going to the store and getting Monistat. I have not told my mum and i dont know how to tell her. It hurts so much too pee that i try not to eat or drink anythign so i wont have to pee. When i use the medications how long will it take to make the pain fade and be able to pee without pain. im really scared, and frustrated. i cant walk or sit without it hurting. HELP
If you've had a Urinary Tract infection and a yeast infection like me, good luck getting better. Its a catch 22. On one hand I have to take the antibiotic to get rid of the UTI and also use a pill for the yeast infection. I was told (I am on cipro) not to eat dairy since it reduces the effects of the antibiotic. So Although I am a pro-yogurt remedy person when it comes to yeast infections, I cannot use it when I am on this particular antibiotic. I have read a lot on the subject and one recommendation to anyone who is reading: Do not self-diagnose a yeast infection ladies. You can get into biiiiig trouble. Get yourself examined by a doctor and follow the remedy. Until then like most others I would recommend cold compresses, eating PLAIN yogurt with the right bacteria in it and avoiding sweetened processed foods and drinking cranberry juice (unsweetened). Good luck!
well iv ben sexually active for 2 years im 21, iv had different sexual partners, all of them were "clean" and umm well just recently iv noticed that i have a change in my discharge it is white and flecky, not exactly like "cottage cheese" but tiny. there is no smell or pain in fact its just that change in the form of the discharge that caught my attention and from time to time i feel like when i sit down i feel i warm "rush" down there almost like a period or urine but when i go to check its nothing just a discharge. and i asken my recent boyfriend if he felt any abnormalities with anything he said he didnt so i scratched out STD. what could it be? yeast infection? and what should i do? thank u
Okay ever since my EX boyfriend gave me an STD I have been more prone to getting yeast infections real easily and it has a very foul odor... Before I began having sex and had a yeast infection there was no foul odor... just external itching. Now, I don'thave the external itching... Ijust have the foul smell and it feels like I am horny. Is the horniness normal... I have to rub my vagina realhard for the horniness to go away. Could this be due to the yeast infection... What can I do???? And did my having an STD mess everything up and now my vagina is all out of whack??? I am also nursing... Oh and this time I diagnosed my own yeast infection????  :( ♥
in the last 6 monthes i have had 8 yeast infections. yeast infections do not generally cause foul odor, just sever itching and discomfort. chances are if there is foul odor or colored discharge that does not look like cottage cheese it is likely an std. I know i had one... i also thought at first it was a yeast infection. after beimg cured of my std , i noticed i was not more prone to the yeast infections. chances are your std was not cured fully and has returned.( diflucan ) is also almost useless in a single dosage, i was given it 3 times at a single dose on 3 different occasions. For me it healed it slightly but it returned within 2-3 weeks. after having a yeast infection for roughly 3months straight i went to a different docter who prescribed it to me again. 1 pill for 3 days in a row then 1 a week for a month. this healed my infection.
since 2 days ago ive been  having an itch and pain down there it even hurts when i pee......so i went to the doctor and she told me that i have a yeast infection...o she perscribed the FLUCONAZOLE pill...and i took it but its still scratching me.........what should i do?
One point to remember it's an infection not a disease. I only speak for males. Take cold showers only pull your foreskin back since the fungus can only survived in warm conditions.A pill or 2 of Diflucan will expose your yeast, They will pop out and burst.Then use Clortimazole cream to kill whatever yeast you have left. you should be good in 3-4 days good luck.
if had a clumpy white discharge and a random itch. it doesnt itch all the time maybe once or twice a day, i took the Vagasil screening kit test and it said i may or may not have a yeast infection. so ive started the useing the 3 day medicine that u insert into your vagina and a cream for the itching. i hope it goes away
omg! i just took the monistat one day treatment and the discharge started to happen like ten minutes after! it is white and chunky! its burning down there and its itches soooo bad to the point that i just want to cry! help me!!! what do i do???
Yeast infection is not a very serious problem.There is a very home remedies which i used and felt ,They were  very beneficial.I used Honey ,Cloves of garlic.One of the most effective remedies for a yeast infection is the use of tea tree oil. You can use the oil in many ways to an effective remedy. First, you can rub a few drops of oil into your vagina using a cotton swab. Do not rinse immediately. Another way to manage the use of tea tree oil is added to your bath water and soak in water for at least 20 minutes.
For more info you can check http://www.yeastinfectionheal.com/
I started noticing a really intense itching the other day and then I looked at myself with a mirror and I saw I was really red down there. I have been sexually active for over a year and this is my first yeast infection since being sexually active with the same person. He was cute when I asked him if we could not have sex for a while, he feels bad about it, lol. I couldn't tell my mom because she doesn't know and would kill me if she did, and I remembered it happened to my sister recently so I told her about it and I gave her the money and the lifesaver she is, she secretly went and got me the Monistat 1 cream. I used it before I went to bed, but I didn't notice anything at first. When I woke up and peed this morning, it still burned but not unbearably and when I stood up after sitting down for a while, I had this huge rush of, for the most part, white discharge come out and I had to change the pad I was told to wear. I can't really tell what it smells like. If anything it just smelled like the medication cream. It doesn't smell BAD but I wouldn't wear it as a perfume scent either. It just feels really irritated and sore. My period is coming next week and I hope I can use tampons by then because I HATE pads! Plus, I'd like to have sex again soon. :( I hope everybody else who has one now heals soon too!
If your discharge has a foul odor to it (i.e fishy) it may not be a yeast infection. It could be a bacterial infection or STD like HPV or warts. Medications for yeast infections are not going to treat these things and it is best to see your dr. asap. Yeast infections usually come with a white discharge but do not smell bad or foul.
Itching or pain after taking Monistat is normal but if you're not getting relief in 3-5 days, see your dr!
when u get a yeast infection, do small bumps come on the vaginal area? because i have all symptoms of a yeast infection accept that. i think the bumps are rash like... also if i put alcohol, will it kill the bacteria?
it is unclaer how long one last.  but here are some of the thing s you can do to help contol it.  wear cotton underwear, do not wear nylon or any other kind but cotton because allows your genitals to breathe while t6he other fabrics trap moisture and that cntributes to the growth of the yeast.  avoid using soaps that arent pH balanced. you may want to use johnson & johnson baby soap.  sleep naked to let air circulate around the afected area.   do not wear wet clothes for long periods of time.  avoid sugar or products that have a lot of sugar, because the yeast feeds off of sugar.  try not to eat to much bread.  eat plenty of citrus fruit and green vegies.  drink lots of water and drink 100% unsweetened cranberry juice organic not ocean spray.  take lactobacillus acidophilus capsules or eat a cup of palin yogurt each day that contains live cultures.  read the label when you shopping.  you are going to want to take vitamins a,c,e, b1, b6, b3, b12, or vitamin b complex but you will still the first three to support your immune system or you can drink ensure once a day.  you amy also want to take garlic pills, echinacea, and evening prime rose pills.  eat foods that are high in fiber like lima beans, apples with the skin, strawberries, bananas etc..  
Hey ladies!

I used to have terrible yeast infections like almost always. And I was so scared because I thought something was wrong with me. I thought I had an STI or HIV and was really stressed all the time. I was also beginning to think its something genetic, because my Mom, and sisters both had this at some point too. But I think someone was passing it to the others, since we used the same bathroom.

I had tried quite a few of the off the shelf Canesten products with not much long lasting results. Then I finally went to the Doc's who tested me for STIs and I also had a blood test for HIV/AIDS and all tests came back clear but confirmed that what I had was a yeast infection. The Doc prescribed the single tab (200mg) and some cream and the infection did subside after a week or so. I felt much much better for a months, but it came back again!!!

But I think I have found the solution. Most people say you should not use harsh soaps in that area and I never did and I do agree. But washing with water alone is just not good enough to properly clean that area. So what I use now is LACTACYD each time I shower and its been great for me. I dont itch each anymore, no stink, no uncomfortableness, some rare and far apart abnormal discharges, but apart from that, I can honestly say I have found something that has managed to curb the yeast infections for me. Its great for when you are on your period too, because you really feel cleaned up!

So try it out! Please try it out! And make sure its LACTACYD and not any of the other brands of feminine wash products. I used to use Fresh Femme or something like this, but that did nothing for me. So try this out and let me know how it goes.

It worked wonders for me and I have not had any complaints for months now! Ofcourse, I have a whole other problem now, which is causing me plenty headaches and I can honestly say I truly wish I was a guy, because I'm tired of all these strange and no-simple-straightforward-fastworking-solution type dis-eases.
im 18 and im not a virgin but my mom doesnt know that and im pretty sure i have a yeast infection the itching is unbearable&i have the symptoms..(my 1st yeast infection) someone please help me i dont know what to do. i really dont want my mom finding out im not a virgin.please help
Hey just so you know, my doctor and the monistat box said a fishy smell comes with a yeast infection. Thankfully I never had that or the chunky stuff.

scaredwoman953

Did the doctors completely rule out herpes? If not , do that.
Soaps can worsen yeast infections. Use a mile soap with no perfume and only lightly wash the area. Over washing can cause them too.
i have a yeast infection and the dr prescribed me monistat 7...i really want to know if this stuff really works..also i am taking acidophilus..please let me know if this will subside.
Ladies,

Yeast infections happen and they are perfectly normal.  There should be no shame in telling your mother (she's probably had a few in her day) and your partner (honesty is always the best).  You can easily treat most YIs with over-the-counter creams like Monistat.  I made the mistake of having sex with an YI (unknowingly) and it didn't hurt at the time but I ended up spending a week with the most horrible sensations and thinking I had some crazy STD.  My sister told me that I probably have a yeast infection and recomemded that I double treat my infection with two boxes of Monistat 3 back-to-back.  I remember the first two doseages burning like HELL, but I stuck with it and it worked for me.   So, stick with it ladies!  It's worth the discomfort to have a va-jay-jay that feels normal.  I also am taking AZO Yeast tablets and Aciddolphilus which are loaded with awesome probiotics (good bacteria).  I was also on my period, so i stuck with maxis and changed them frequently.  I am now pretty much symptom free (a little irritation in the morning), washing with a Homeopathic feminine wash called Yeast Guard to help keep the vaginal area pH balanced.  Oh and I haven't had sex in about 2weeks (when I started treatment), just giving my system time.  My boyfriend has been understanding.   I hope this helps.  This was my first YI and I was really freaked out about it, but I worked up the courage to talk to other women about it and found them to be sympathetic and a world of help.  I'm just keeping the healthy Karma flow goin'!  
Good Luck
i had one for the first time back in april, it was mild in that it started with lots of itching, very uncomfortable, when on for two three days. I did the umsweetened cranberry juice, didnt feel much help for the yeast infection, probably something that works long term. and i started eating acidophilus yogurt daily which made it more comfortable, but the most effective instant relief was when i acutually ate chopped up fresh garlic. crazy, but bf looked at me horrified, but eh what could i do. the one thing that really stopped the symptoms though were when i took OPC from market america, dont think much people are familiar w the product, but mom happened to use it for other benefits. it has grapeseed extract and some other things. stopped taking opc when didnt need it.
conclusion, daily intake of acidophilus yogurt helps when yeast infection is gone, healthy for you too. another factor is birthcontrol pills, necessary, but can affect your immune system and balances in vagina, along with introduction of semen into vagina w/ sex also changes ph. been eating lots of bread, and halloween was not that long ago, so i had a lot of chocolate sweets, so stirred up yeast a little again, this week, first time gym check, NP told me about a little yeast present that caused only slight discomfort noticed during sex, gave me the one tablet fluconazole, dried up usual off balance discharge, and started to feel a little normal to pre-sex or birth control days lol any imbalance in our bodies, especially the vagina, not taking mom's advice is such a discomforting experience. have to watch our bodies and keep everything balanced when we're careless til something happens. take care ladies, hope all works right. =)
correction- drank chopped up garlic in water glass, works for instant relief, and have repeat during day. maintain yogurt- acidophilus even when no yeast infection for health, try to cut down on sugar when it can be helped about 2 weeks to clear? try opc supplement, consider with above comment. good luck. =)
At 24 years old I have had about 2 yeast infections (1 currently) and that's enough to know that I never want one again! After the first I heavily researched it and have been pretty good at avoiding them until now. I wanted to put a few things out there that can help to avoid them. A lot of the other ladies have suggested them as well. I'm no doctor but through my experience I have learned a few things about what is good and what is bad! I am happily married and although it's not the most romantic thing to do after engaging in sexual activity, I almost ALWAYS shower. My first bad yeast infection was caused after my husband and I had sex and I took a bubble bath afterwards. Bad move. First of all, fragrant bath oils and bubbles aren't very good for private areas. Also, Oral sex can be a HUGE cause of yeast infections. I make sure to thoroughly wash afterwards because the mouth can contain a lot of bacteria and yeast that can be bad for your vagina! It's not good for it to sit and make a playground out of your most intimate areas! Scented tampons, why do they even make them? Get rid of them! I know silky undies are sexy but not good for breathing down below. Cotton is the way to go. Always wipe well after using the restroom because any added moisture can add to the problem. When you have a yeast infection- DO NOT ITCH!! I know how great it feels for those 10 seconds but it burns like heck afterwards and only spreads the yeast! Very importantly- BE AWARE of over the counter medications. I am a very healthy individual who is allergic to almost nothing and rarely gets sick but I for some reason had a very bad reaction to monistat. After using the night time over the counter Ovule, I got extremely swollen in my vagina and experienced a lot of pain!! If it's your first infection I highly recommend going to the doctor. They see these things everyday and while it may be embarrassing for a moment it will be a tremendous help.

Ladies- please, please, please be careful with your sexual partners. I know it's comforting at the time when men tell you they are clean but they most of the time don't even know! Just so you know- there is no test or treatment for men & hpv. I have been with my husband for 4 years and am very embarrassed to say that I found out last year that I had hpv. It comes and goes and you can't even see it! Something ridiculous like 70% of women that have it don't know that they have it. It is SO common that at LEAST 50% of all men and women that are sexually active get it at some point in their lives. If you are sexually active you MUST get checked and please use protection. It is not worth it. I wish someone would have warned me more often to use protection when I was in college because once you are married you realize how ridiculous and scary it was that you didn't use it. When I first started dating my husband was when I got my first yeast infection and after going to the gynecologist I discovered that I also had an std called Bacterial Vaginosis. The symptoms are very similar to a yeast infection but the treatment is different and it can be very bad if you let it fester. Google the symptoms to see if you have them.

Remember NO SHAME in getting it checked out. It is WAY more common then you think and it can only do good for you. YOU can choose your treatment. You can take the prescription which I personally found most effective or you can go the natural route which I am going to try tomorrow!

Good luck and it'll go away, I promise!! It takes a little time. All of the medicines try to sell you on saying it will heal within a day or two but it rarely does. Give it time, relax & don't scratch!

Also, I love the suggestion to take the acidophilus. I will def. do that. I have always been told that a yogurt a day keeps the yeast away! I don't love yogurt so I will definitely be taking the vitamin.
Hiya there.....well, I'm not sexually active (never have been, I'm still in my teens....for the record I've never even kissed). However, after douching just twice in one week I've ended up with a recurring yeast infection. On the positive side, I must advocate the use of GARLIC to cure (at least temporarily relieve) the effect of a yeast infection. It's kinda a blunt description, so apologies for the yuck factor, but it works.

Firstly, carefully peel a clove of garlic, and sew a string through it several times, leaving some thread at the end like you get with a tempon (this is so you can remove the garlic easily)

Get a small spoon (those ones that are smaller than a teaspoon, can't remember what they're called) and clear the yeast out of your vagina. Make sure you get as much as you can out, no matter how disgusting it is.

Push the prepared garlic clove up your vagina, leaving the thread dangling out.

Leave for up 12 hours (replace as necessary) then remove and discard the garlic, repeating the clearing with the spoon before you use another garlic clove..

Note: Clear discharge can occur shortly after using the garlic. it's okay, that's harmless, you just might want to use a pad.

Hope this helps xxx
how long can fluconazole effect my birth control?
The good bacteria in plain yogurt helps fight yeast and yogurt can be used both internally and externally. BUT, be sure you buy plain, unsweetened yogurt. Since sugar feeds yeast, this is a crucial point. You can also make your own, using a yogurt starter. I have done this myself and it is simple and the results are quite good. The advantage is that you can use other types of milk, such as soy or almond. While I made mine directly on the stovetop, you can also purchase a yogurt maker, if you want to take the thinking out of the process. Whether purchased or homemade, yogurt is a great thing to eat before meals because it provides "good bacteria" for your stomach to aid in digestion. http://www.womenhealthline.com

For a topical treatment, you can also dip a tampon in plain yogurt and insert it into your vagina or simply rub some on the outside. I have found, however, that leaving it on for a prolonged period tends to have the opposite effect. It seems that once it has done its job, it is best to wipe it off or you will feel itchier due to the moisture.
I had yeast infection about 2 years ago while I was pregnant. At first, I wasn't sure what it was and were very scared since I was 7 months pregnant. It was the worst feeling ever with the itching and everything else that comes with it. Anyways, i decided to look it up since i was scared to use and med because i was prenant, and I found out that for the itching you can use baking soda, you have to mix it in water and make it like paste and apply. It helped a little, by the time i went to my gyno it was getting better but the itching was still there. He told me i can use monistat. After my appt I went to the drug store and got the monistat (over the counter)complete package. Anyways, about 7 days or so it worked. Now, few days ago i felt the same itching on the outer of my vagina and I went rite away and purchased the same package. So far it's working. I think if you had it once and you know the symptoms then you shouldn't wait until it get worst, you should get the remedy for it rite way.  Goodluck ladies. Lets stay yeast free!!!
can i have protected sex with a yeast infection??? would it harm my partner??? and would it stop my healing process???
I really don't think having sex while youre dealing with this is good idea. I made that mistake a long time ago and i just swelled up and hurt so bad after. My boyfriend was fine. but it delayed my healing process.
Here is information:  For those of you with partners, men can get your yeast infection and when it is transmitted sexually, it is considered an STD.  Please web search: Men and Yeast Infections.  You will find plenty of information.  To boot, if you should carry on while infected, you stand to play ping pong with each other...even if you are monogamous.  Unfortunately, most often, men show no ready signs of yeast infection when present from them therefor acting as "carriers" in a way.  So if just beginning a somewhat harmless seeming relationship which seems to "look" fine, you may not know wether or not the last gf had a yeast issue with little understaning and therefor, consequently, it's being passed on to you.

The good news is that, along with the great meds in the medical market that often help the issue, adding nutrition and improving your immune system (via nutritional enhancement) will keep yeast infections from recurring.  As yeast infections can be rampant as a consequence of compromised immune system issues such as HIV, AIDS or even non sexually suggestive scenarios such as Sickle Cell Anemia or cancer, building immunity by replacing the yeast (Candida), or, bad bacteria with good bacteria such as L. Acidophilus will help to rebalance genital flora.  You can use such foods in your diet as well as apply, in the case of yogurt where acidophilus is found, it directly into the vaginal canal and/or vulva/clitoral area as well as the anal area.  Foods such as yogurt help to repopulate the much needed positive bacteria in the genital and intestinal tract areas.

To keep yeast infections away exit from your diet processed foods, refined sugars, starches (which turn to sugar) and cut back on heavy intake of fruit.  White bread, bread period (smile), soda, coffee, caffeinated tea, sooooo many other foods can be cut out or reduced to make your diet more "health' friendly:-)  It may seem a bit trite to begin with, but once you place the plain, unsugared yoga on a itchy, red and swollen genitalia and within seconds feel like you can breath a sigh of relief...well, you'll get the point.

Stay Healthy and Fit!

Nicole Lea Mon
Hey ladies,
I'm experiencing the exact same thing as all of you. This has been the only infection I've gotten and hope to never get again. I have started a mostly gluten free diet to help prevent future issues. Get rid of the breads,sugars, and heavy diary intakes - as this can help feed the bad yeast inside of you. You can also buy apple cider vinegar (preferably at a health food store) and add 1-2 cups to a warm bath, soak for at least 15-30 mins. Do this for about 10 days along with your other treatment methods. Be sure to wear 100% cotton undies, keep dry, avoid sweaty or damp clothing, go commando at night to let yourself breath! So far I found some relief but I'm not done with the diflucan treatment, I was prescribed 2 doses.
But now I have some questions for you guys, what should i expect from this treatment - surprisingly when I was diagnosed it was during my annual and I mentioned pain during intercourse. They did a q-tip rub and noticed alot of yeast cells. I had no symptoms until I started the pill, I have what look like water spots on my underwear and I constantly feel "wet" is this expected? I'm just unsure because I've never had one before, I will say the first dose of the pill made me feel dried out but it went away in a day or two, but now i constantly feel wet with some abdominal pain. Any insight would be great!
-C
hi
im 18 years old and i just got my first yeast infetion its been about a week so far and i dont know what to do. i hate going to the doctors but ive talked to my mom about it already because she and my sister have been through it. they gave me a pill and told me to drink alot of water and thats all i drink. i feel a little better and everyother day i feel itching and a little burning. im scared it will mess up my life becasue i dont like going out no more and i dont like to be around my boy friend. i need help? everyday i wake up and get on the computer to research more and more. im a bit scared and i just want it to go away. my mom also says to drink cranberry juice. does that help???
Hii im new on all this stuff  ; i'm only 14 years, and french so sorry for the mistakes but i have thrush but not itchy just a discharge  :s i dont want to tell my mum , but i need to know if it will go on its own ?  
Thanks for any replies  
how long do you leave the garlic in the vagina remdy..
I'm 18 and i got a burning sensation after having sex with an ex boyfriend. Unfortunately i had unprotected sex with him only twice out of the three times we had sex (we only lasted like a month or so together until i broke up with him). Well the first time we had unprotected sex I had a burning sensation and then it itched REALLY BAD!! i seriously wanted to kill him because the burning and itching was unbearable! I was embarrased to ask him if he was clean or not. He told me he was but after what i went through i wasnt sure if he really was. Anyways I began to get a chunky white discharge (didnt have a bad smell) and the itching was still there too! So i went online and read about Monistat. Well i bought it and so far the itching has gone away but the discharge is still there! and it bugs the crap out of me!!!!!!!! i read through all of these comments and i have learned a lot! apparently i need to stay AWAY from sweets! and that is very hard for me! lol and also away from sex. i currently have a wonderful boyfriend that i adore and care about so much! i havent told him what i have because i have no idea if it is a yeast infection?! i hope it is just a yeast infection and not an STD. i am going to try and not eat any thing sweet, and try the plain yogurt! i also read on another web page to drink a lot of water. i feel bad because i'm afraid to have sex with my current boyfriend. i feel embarrased to tell him what i am going through, and scared to what he will say if i tell him!! well he had sex once but that was about 3 weeks ago. and idk if i did a bad move by doing that?!
Sorry anyaicecream but it didn't go away on its own. there's a lot of yeast infection cures that you can buy over-the-counter nowaday but i suggest you better see a doctor to get a prescription of whats best to use
I think I have a yeast infection. Well I haven't gotten it checked out bc i'm too embaressed but I have a couple symptoms. It's a white discharge that's comes out and it sometimes smells like bread..in a bad way and  then it's sometimes itchy. I used the garlic trick and honey. Idk how long it's gonna take for it to work but I just hope it works fast bc idk if yeast infections make you smell werid bc I take a shower every night and I still smell werid at school even when I put a bunch of scented lotion and some body mist. So does anyone know if it causes you to smell and if it doesn't..then what's causing me to smell werid down there....I shower daily...and still smelly...why...?  
hey...ummm did u ever find out if it was a yeast infection?? do u still have it?? if u dont how did u get rid of it??
so I have had this infection for over a month now, I have been doing everyrhng my gyno told me, it is sooooo bad, I get what I like to call these prickly little shocks down in the private area every once in a while like a shockong chill and it makes me shiver, forget about a sex life with my husband, what can I do to get rid of this, I took monistst 1, I eat plain yogurt, I take probotic vitamins I take probotic vitamins I want to chophalf my body of and also have these painful lil pimply things that are slowly going away. Someone please help. Thank you
I have been wondering and in pretty sure I have a yeast infections. But does this sound right: red, irritating, I want to scratch it all the time! Hurts and peeling skin AROUND the vagina?
@Nealio2:  It's always best to check with a gyno because so many things that plague the vagina have similar symptoms which makes it really tricky to diagnose without swab tests.  I can say though that the first yeast infection I ever had did affect the skin of my vagina.  The skin just inside the labia was irritated and cracked (almost like really chapped lips) and inside the cracks were bright red. It was so itchy and painful.  I used these vaginal capsules (can't remember the name) and it eventually cleared right up.  But it is of great importance that you see a doctor. If you buy and use over-the-counter yeast infection medicine and it's not a yeast infection, you could makes things a lot worse.  

If it is a yeast infection, I swear by the yogurt trick, which is to use plain, unsweetened yogurt (because of the L. Acidophilus in it. I like Axelrod brand), coat a tampon or even your finger and insert into the vagina or to just rub a little at the entrance of the vagina.  Do NOT fill your vagina with yogurt! Lol! Just a little to help increase the L. Acidophilus bacteria that already lives in the vagina. I would do this at night before bed because the body naturally heals while sleeping and the limited movement will minimize the yogurt leakage.  Also, try to eat lots of yogurt as well.  Try to avoid the flavoured ones as these just have a lot of sugar to feed your yeast.  I recommend mixing natural yogurt (its always a good idea for women to get the nice, big multi-serving size) with a bit of honey (don't go overboard) as honey is a natural antibiotic.

I'm nursing one actually. I plan to also try eating some raw garlic like I keep hearing (not sure about putting garlic inside, though I'm sure it works too) along with my yogurt regimen.

I hope I could help a bit. Good luck! And don't forget to check your gynaecologist.
Oh, something else I thought I'd share. Apparently women, simply by having unprotected sex with a male partner, even if he is "clean" with no STDs or infections, significantly increase their chances of developing yeast infections.  This is because the inside of the vagina is a naturally very acidic environment, while semen is alkaline.  The introduction of the alkaline semen into the acidic vagina screws up the pH there and this out-of-whack pH is perfect for an increase in the bad bacteria in the vagina.
I got a yeast infection about 3 weeks ago i first used the MONISTAT 1 app. but i came on my period...,so the infection DIDN'T stop. I then got the Monistat 7....,i completed that process about 4-5 days ago...,now i have this yellow discharge that won't stop it barely has an oder. I also pee out (sometimes) small clumps.I haven't washed down there with soap in forever! And i believe i contracted a Hemorrhoid so i have been using cream for that for a day...,i have NO irritation really i just want the discharge to stop and go back to regular. Any suggestions or similar stories so i Know im ok?
I've had THRUSH (YEAST INFECTION) since I was pregnant and I used MICREME (vag creme) for SIX consecutive days and applied it to the itchy area which is what my midwife prescribed for me and that calmed it down for a bit and then my midwife prescribed me CLOMAZOL (vag creme) I used that for SIX consecutive days and that did the same as the MICREME, I went to the doctors yesterday and my doctor prescribed me 1-FLUCONAZOLE CAPSULE and told me NOT to use SOAP near the vagina, she said to use AQUEOUS CREAM BP for SOAP and MOISTURISER when I get out and to let your vagina breathe so wear DONT WEAR PANTS at NIGHT....I HOPE THIS HELPS
I've had a yeast infection for 2 weeks now. I have tried the 3 day creams, plain yogurt on a tampon, taking garlic and grape seed extract (which usually works) and i have even been using a pill called yeast cleanse. it has all helped a lot, but not entirely. I still have the burning and itching, and on top of it all i think i may have an UTI. I started soaking for 15 min in tub with 1 cup of apple cider vinegar. Now i am still itchy and with buring and painful urination, and now i have vaginal dryness. My boyfriend has been very understanding and we have restrained from sex. I have been getting yeast infections for months and the only thing that seemed to help was changing my diet. I have decided to try a probiotic. I am planning on seeing a doctor this week...hopefully i can get something that will work. I am have become very depressed by all of this since it's been recurring for a yr now. I fear i have gotten a resistant strain. I am only 23 i dont want to live with this happening for the rest of my life.
so i went to the doctor today turns out my yeast infection is a very bad UTI. I started peeing blood this morning. Turns out the medication i took for my yeast infection masked the UTI until it was full blown and very painful. Now i must take 7 days worth of antibiotics. Since i am prone to both UTIs and yeast infections my doctor suggested i take a strong probiotic and eat a ton of yogurt so i dont develope a yeast infection
I was diagnosed with a yeast infection on monday and immediately started my first of 2 pills of diflucan, I took the second on wed as directed by my doctor. It is now Sat and im still itchy, no discharge and no odor. Is it possible that I may need to take another round of the diflucan?? My Dr included 2 refills on my rx. In addition to the diflucan I have been eating cloves of garlic, taking acidopholis, and eating yogurt. Please help, as you all know the itch is unbearlable!!!
I had a burning feeling whenever I peed and just a pain down there whenever i was walkin or sitting. some discharge . sooo
So I just went to the doctor & they gave me cream and antibiotics and a yeast pill. I have takin the pill plus cream but not the antibiotics yet.
do you think i should not take them ? I dont want them to make anything worse. if they take away all good and bad bacteria. and i dont know where to get all the natural remedies,. BECAUSE im so for that. I love natural things , but I just want it to go away. I want to live a normal life again, im 16 and not used to this kind of stuff. ? someone please help. antibiotics or no ? also its my birthday tomorroe :(
ALSO i don't have a bad case of it. its mild. so i dont want to be messed up by all these pills. and develop a resistant strain. IM VERYY DEPRESSED> and i cant even have sex anymore. i want his to go awaaay!!!!! so antibiotics?? will they help
Hello! well i've had yeast infection before and i had one this past week, i get them when i swim, idk why though, i told my mom the first time i had one, i researched first, and even little kids get them, so i told my mom and she told me what to buy, i was 18 then, i kept getting them every 2 months, and then ate yogurt and i got the next one 7 months after. I got one last week and so i went to the Dr. cause i use stuff from the pharmacy but it didn't work, the Dr. sent me the pill and the cream, she said it was yeast but idk how long i have to use that cream the pharmacist said the pill works for like 72 (and then it "goes away" but idk) it doesn't itch, and i use ivory when i shower n it seems to be ok, so idk :/ i'm just waiting... I HATE YEAST INFECTIONS!!! :'(
Okay so I took monistat 3 and the discharge and itchyness of what im pretty sure was a YI is gone. However, I still have red ,non itchy, non puss containing, but look like pimples on my inner labia. Note Ive given my bf oral before but he is clean and I have never shown sign of anything wrong in my mouth, also other than that im not sexually active.Is this normal, or what could be wrong?
please someone help, ive been diagnosed by a doctor for having thrush and i went and bought fluconazole, the one time tablet. the only thing is, i took it during my period and i was wondering if the tablet will still work? i read the leaflet in the box and it didnt say anywhere not to take it during your period, but i just want to double check, i cant find and answer anywhere! does anyone know?
I'm 18 and sadly I've had a yeast infection for a long time. Probably about 2 years now. I was really embarrassed and didn't want to tell my mom what was wrong because at the time I didn't know how to let my mom know that I had a yeast infection. I mean am i suppose to say  "hey mom just thought I'd let you know that it hurts really bad when I have sex with my boyfriend.... " May not be the best choice.
But when I was 16 I was having sex a lot with my boyfriend and i notice progressively as time went by, that there was a burning sensation as i was having sex.
also during this time my boyfriend lived right next to my dance studio so he'd pick me up and than we'd have sex. Than when i went home I would go to sleep in my  dance clothes sometimes because of how tired I was. Basically everything you're suppose to do to prevent having a yeast infection, i wasn't doing.
than this year, a newerish symptom appeared which was a terrible itching sensation happening 24/7 but still too stupid to tell my mom til i finally got the guts to finally tell my mom when i had a dark brownish (no blood spots though cause that would mean i was pregnant) discharge i think before my period. i honestly can't remember because it was that long ago.
so the doctor gave me a diflucane. Didn't work, so i went back and they gave me 3 diflucanes. still nothing. than i was buying the monistat 3, finally getting rid of the terrible itching. But when having sex with my boyfriend, it still really hurts..... not as bad as before but still hurts..... is time just my main cure or should i see a specialist to get it over with.
I'm very glad I found this page.  I am currently being treated for a yeast infection - the first one I've had in years.  Because my yeast infections have been resistant in the past, what usually works is Terconazol 7, a week-long cream treatment which is pretty powerful.  This latest episode was triggered by antibiotics, even though I took Culturelle (a balancer) during the antibiotic treatment.  What I've been relieved to read is that during yeast infection treatment, there may still be a little irritation in the morning.  I must have forgotten this - like I said, it's been awhile!  If I get through this yeast infection, I will NOT take antibiotics again but will need to find an alternative, whether holistic, natural, or whatever, but I'm getting too old for this !&*%$##!!  I am beyond menopause and thought maybe I could not get yeast infections any more, but apparently I was wrong.
this was so helpfull thank you so much!!! but can i ask... r u applying garlic and tea tree directly to the area or eating it?
I've. Suspected that I have had a yeast infection for a long time.  I have always had a white discharge but all the sudden this year my vagina is red and have little tiny white shots you wouldn't notice them if I didn't strech out my vagina in the course of strech it out like ten times a day I have developed a small cut.  I took dilifcan for three days and the itchiness is gone and the white discharge is also gone.  Are the sores due to the yeast infection?  How long should it take to go away?  The sores are all over on my labia minor on both sides there is also some white stuff that right by my vagina.  I don't think I have an std but having those spots scares the living crap out of me.  I have never had sexual intercourse and the person I gave oral too is dating a girl I know and she has no stds and this happened almost 6 or 7 years ago
I've also had this rash for close over a month....two months ago I was in a hurry anc didn't change my pad for two days on my period and I usually change one a day...I never really clean myself down there either and I'm real hairy...it also feels really dry all the time
PLEASe READ   THIS  !!Hi.  I have had a very similar problem. It was so bad that I would scratch myself at night and the next day I would be very sensitive due to the scratching.  this problem went on for probally a couple years.  I eliminated contraceptives which seem to cause me some type of hormanal imbalance because I would become dry and more, prone to y east infections.         I rinse my towels and underwear twice, or hand wash my underwear. This helps to make for. Sure theres no detergent present.      Dark and moist areas are breading areas for yeast so...  Often I wear shorts or no panties.  Imagine how we sweat and secrete vaginal fluids onto our undies. Well this just sits there right next to your skin all day.  Plus you dont have much room to breath down there and keep you dry.   No wonder why so many woman have so mab yout problems.....    Last of all if you still had problems after eliminating all of those things like I did.  the one thing that was eight under my nose and never suspected to cause any, problems was my toilet tissue.  most tissue is made cheap and has harsh chemicals.  The toilet tissue had been causing me problems and when I really thought about it... I use it everyday!    So when using the tissue you want as little contact with your skin down there as possible.  (and I used alot of it everyday)   now I kinda of use my finger tips and a little tissue to clean that area.  You just gently and lightly pinch taround that area to clean away moisture.  No rubbing!  Not even from the front to the back..like my doctor told me to do.  This little contact with toilet tissue will help stop the irratation.  Even if your using some kind wet wipes these also can cause irritation.   Reason being they are all paper products.    If youve tried everything like u did and nothing seemed to work. You may be having problems due to your tissue and not yeast.   When you buy tissue try to buy the kind for sensitive skin, this will help but still use this method.  If your at home one day  try using mo tissue at all when you pee.  rinse with a little water and blot dry.  See if you feel a difference.   I hope this works for u. I gad this problem for years.     Also just so u know if you have sex and you dont have enough vaginal lubrication ( natural)  thus can cause big problems.  So take your time :)  also  no soap down there!   Soap will sort of run down there any way wgile your in the shower.  $soap will make a yeast infection or any vaginal dryn wess far worse..
Hi! Im pretty worried! I've had this bump on my vagina, which is red, swelled up and sometimes itchy and I get a white discharge nd sometimes a little blood :(...I think it might be a yeast infection! Is it??..im very nervous and embarrassed to tell my mom but I know I have to see a doctor! How should I tell her? Please HELP!
i recommend you go see a doctor as soon as you can. you do not need to tell your mum if you don't want to but it may help especially if you need her to take you. just be open and honest and you will be fine. don't be embarrassed about it :) i recently had my first case of thrush, doctors are usually really nice and will probably give you some cream to treat it with if it is a yeast infection.
i had my yeast infection for ages because of that i never realized that i actually had one until i was looking on the internet and found out that my discharge was not normal. yeast infections can vary a lot between people some may find them extremely annoying while people like me may not even realize they have one.
if you have a yeast infection you usually get a discharge which is like wet mushed up paper. it should be white and shouldn't have a bad smell.

i hope this helps :)
I've recently had a yeast infection about 3 wks ago,. there was burning while i urinate, very itchy, white discharge(no ordor), and very bad discomfort. I was scared i had an STD so i went to health clinic, there the gyn prescribed 1 pill. was told to take it and not put any vaginal cream(that will irritate it more), and to wash my vagina with cold water only (no body wash of any kind) and to not sleep with any underwear. Since then i've been fine, i felt the pill working 3 days after i took it. there was still discomfort during the day when i wear underwear..if im home i don't where any. If the doctor prescribe you any amount of antibiotics, you should def take all of it for it to work. don't wash with body soap especially scented ones. im using the vagisil feminine wash.
I seen that someone mentioned that guys can get yeast infections too. You're right & in case anyone doesn't know, they are not only caused by bacteria.. They ARE CONTRACTABLE!! If you or your partner gets a yeast infection & it goes untreated: 1) they can lead to SERIOUS health problems 2) you will just keep passing them back & forth! So if you see any signs; don't be ashamed or embarrassed, it happens to everyone, so go get yourself treated. Also; Cranberry juice & AZO's Cranberry Pills are a very good way to keep UTI's (Urinary Tract Infection) &/or Yeast Infections AWAY!! They also sale test strips for Yeast Infections & UTI at Wal-Mart or any drug store. A lot of people mistreat the infections because the symptoms are almost identical, so the test strips & AZO Meds are a great help until you can go to the doctor! (AZO Yeast Infection/UTI Meds only treat the symptoms! They DO NOT cure the infection!)

Don't use soaps/lotions down there if you know you've reacted to them before, if you do get an infection & you find yourself scratching down there; lay in a hot bath! It helps!! Don't wear tight pants/underwear/thongs everyday! Always tinkle BEFORE & AFTER intercourse!! It helps release any bacteria in the bladder! You &/or your partner should ALWAYS make sure your fingers/nails are clean before any foreplay & if you know that you or your partner potentially has a yeast infection, my doctor advises to stay away from any kind of interaction with your areas until the infection is treated completely!!!
I'm not a doctor or nurse but since the age of 17 (I am now 22) I usually get a yeast infection or UTI at least twice a year so I've done my share of question asking & research(:
I hope this helps & I hope you all feel better!! (:
I know your ladies pain & I promise, it does go away as long as you take your meds & refrain from intercourse until you've finished your meds & the infection is gone! & remember, take cranberry supplements! They are a HUGE help

Good Luck Everyone!
<3
My question is... how long will it last untreated?
I just got my first yeast infection. I didn't go to the doctor to get it checked out... I was scared.. But I did tell my mom, and I also looked up all my symptoms and its the same as every other person who has gotten one. But Ive had it for a couple of weeks alread. And its gotten so bad that I hurt myself by scratching. So today I tried the walgreens version of monistat 1. Its been around 5 Hours since, and it doesn't hurt as much as other people have said it would.
I probably should have gone to the doctor, but I recently moved to a different state (alone) and I was too scared to go by myself. If it doesnt go away then I guess I have no choice but to go to the doctor

Also... My boyfriend of two years came to visit me right before this happened. One thing that was weird to me was how much it hurt to have sex. It was something I had never experienced with him before. Do any of you think this was a sign of an infection? We also had intercourse during my period... Could this have caused it??

hey girl relax. it's a yeast infection it can be brought on by sooooo many different factors. yes it is contagious and if you give it to your man, he will end up giving it back to you again. I have always been susceptible to yeast infections, more so when on antibiotics. However, after I first married my husband I found out about the "honeymoon" effect lol. Too much sex in a short amount of time can also dry out the good  bacteria and give you a yeast inf or a urinary inf. Two completely different symptoms though very distinct. Yeast is itching, burning on your inner and outer, with discharge and a sense of complete dryness (hence the painful sex hun) urinary is a feeling of urgency to pee but when you go either only a little comes out and you get no relief of the need to pee or you do pee and it burns like holy mama! I think you've got a yeast. it will burn when you pee but only cause it's so raw outside everywhere. I have a yeast right now, I am taking z-pak for a sinus inf. z-pak is so strong it always does this to me. Doc even gives me three diflucans (prescribed med for yeast to avoid the goop), and took monistat and still got a yeast ugh. anyway I was dying tonight from the itching! I scratched the hell out of myself. then I thought hmmmnnn wait, doc told me to put apple cider vinegar on my sons athletes foot and it worked in one night for him. So desperate tonight, I took a wash cloth, ran it under cool water squeezed it out, poured some apple cider vinegar on it, squeezed it out and then again put a little more cool water on it being sure not to rinse out all the vinegar. Went to the bedroom tore off the undies, laid the washcloth on my girl and I have to admit scratched with the cloth too lol. burned some really burned some. Yet immediate relief! AWESOME!! SOOOO worth it! Hit up the doc! Don't be scared! Silly, they deal with it all the time. I am always honest with the docs! Shoot it's my body and whatever funky is going on they have to know to help me. It actually forms a great relationship between patient and doc. Me and my docs laugh alot cause I am candid, very! I recommend for you to do the same! If you can't be honest with the best people to help you then who can you be honest with right? Its your body and you know best when something just ain't as it should be! Do the vinegar, scream for a second, gain relief in the satisfying scratching and get some meds tomorrow. We are women and so this is norm on occasion for us!

Now that I am not dying to scratch I am hitting the hay! Got a soccer game for the kids in a few hours. No time for anymore yeast keeping me uncomfortable!

Thanx to the ladies who put up about the apple cider vinegar here too! Thought I was a little crazy and desperate for trying it but man I love the hell out of apple cider vinegar now!
one more thing sweets, go to an urgent care or talk to your health ins to find an obgyn even a planned parenthood can hook you up. Even in new states it's trial and error. Some docs you will like some you won't but any of them will give you the meds you need. You've had it long enough you need the diflucan and possibly two. The longer you leave it untreated, the more it will grow. No Bueno chicky! Hope you feel better and this is a doc appointment you DO want to go by yourself to! nite nite
Um I have had an itch in my vagina! I have had it for about 7 months. I went to the doctor about a week after my itchiness. I'm freaking out. I take a shower everyday but then at night it starts itching again. My nurse actualy said that it's an infection but she never said that it was a yeast infection he gave me two creams. They worked for about a week and came back. I went to dr and I went to the beach. Is that bad because the beaches from dr usually are bad ? HELPPPPP !
can a yeast infection cause more than one rash...i got a yeast infection, i think and it's in 3 different places...
Hey Ladies,

So here is my deal.
- I dont have an itch or burning in my woman land, but there is a considerable white ish dis charge, which started 2 days ago.
-And I do not have any pain during sex.
- It also does not hurt when I pee..
But it's only really there in the morning and goes away by the afternoon. It does  smell a little. I do have sex (with the bf) and the last two times it was unprotected. I thought I had a yeast infection a few years ago and I just took Monstat and It went away, but I didnt like the application....

This time, it seems like it's something else.  My doctor isn't here for a few weeks and I dont feel comfortable going into a walk in, as i do not wish to see a male doc. Should I take the chance and opt for a Cantean?
At the moment I have a yeast infection. I have tried everything, that the doctors have given. Lately I read about HYDROGEN PEROXIDE. So I went and bought 3% hydrogen peroxide from the store and have been douching 3 times a day with it. Today is the 3rd day and I can honestly say its working. I am going try it for a few more days and then place plain yogurt up there to get back the good bacteria in there. I have also found from trial and error that many of the doctors suppositories and probiotic capsultes have either glucose or some form of sugar it in. So they for me were a basic waste of time and money.

So if you have the time read up about hydrogen peroxide on the net. Its helping me so far..I just hope I am cured soon.
I hope I have a yeast infection and not something worse, but how can I tell?

Today is the day after thanksgiving so next to no medical services are available that aren't emergency or that take my medical insurance.  I've already had to take an anxiety pill because I can't calm down.

On wednesday I thought I was developing a yeast infection.  On Monday I had had sex and then took a shower and didn't dry particularly well then put on tights and leggings to start my day.  I know this is a bad idea but for some reason it didn't occur to me!  To make it worse, that night, I slept in my clothes by accident (I was very tired) so the tights stayed on longer.

I just switches from loestrin to a generic version so I also attributed the presumed yeast to possibly that.  I got yeast infections from a different BC in the past.

On Wednesday, I had a very very minimal amount of creamy white discharge that stayed near my vagina rather than in my underwear.  No odor.

What really started making me panic was when I inspected myself with a mirror.  I saw some shininess in my labia and it was also red and inflamed but not overly tender.  Then I went a little deeper trying to see the entrance to my vagina.  Nothing in there looked right.  Very red and I felt like I saw folds of flesh and bumps that I wasn't accustomed to seeing and I could detect at least one small red bump just outside the entrance to the vagina.  I'm practically panicking talking about it again.  I do not see any white growth in there, just redness and bumps/folds.

My worst fear would be that this is herpes.  I fear that because I cannot rightfully see within my vagina and inside there I could see more obvious clusters of blisters.

Has anyone had a yeast infection which has shown similar symptoms as mine?  As in, little discharge, only mild itchiness, but discomfort certainly present, and, most importantly, redness around the vagina entrance with some irritating looking nodes or bumps.

I feel like if I dont get an std test today I'm going to have a mental breakdown but I can't afford to see a doctor on the holiday!  

I also feel like I should calm down because if it was herpes I imagine I would be experiencing more itchiness and the blisters would have spread enough so I could see them.

Nothing can quell my anxiety when I look back at myself with a hand mirror though, nothing.

Maybe someone here can help and say it sounds like a yeast infection.  Mostly I only wanted to write in here in the hopes I would feel less anxious and not have to take another pill.
No sex while using monostat cream?? How about masturbation? Lol seriously
omg!! i never tried to visit an Ob but I believe i do have  yeast infection since im suffering from the same symptoms. im 17 and scared to go to the OB for the fear fo what other people might think of me. im a virgin. never evne had a boyfriend so im pretty sure this is not some sort of STD. my question now is, is using "monistat" safe?? and can i just maintain using garlic topically? im really itching during the night and it is so frustating!!!! even in school im itching so i have to go to the bathroom just to scrath or hide somewhere.. I really hate this!!!!!!
I have a yeast infection and im going to the gynocologist tomorrow,
does the check out she does hurt? o:
Hey, I am going through the same thing as you right now! I was developing symptoms of a yeast infection and exams were coming up so I gave up my fear of going to the gynco and went to get checked out for the first time. Depending on how inflamed and irritated you are will depend on how painful the exam is. They allowed my best friend to come back with me and I squeezed her hand the entire time!! It is uncomfortable, but literally only lasts one minute and then you are done! It is important for them to be able to tell if you have a YI or BV because they are very similar and treatment for the wrong thing can make it worse!! It also helps if your gyno is a girl, because they sympathize with what you are going through and are as gentle and quick as possible.

I have a question for everyone else. I started Diflucan on Thursday, saw no symptom relief. I had a really bad external YI, with red burning bumps all over the place, soreness, and itching. It got so bad that I couldn't sleep or walk. I have never been in so much pain in my life! I literally screamed when I went to the bathroom. I also had a fever the entire time. I went to the Urgent Care on Saturday (yesterday) and he told me that I had a bladder infection that might have spread to my kidneys along with the yeast infection. Awesome. So, I am on antibiotics along with the diflucan. For anyone who has had a UTI and a YI at the same time, what can you do about this?

ALSO, do NOT buy monistat!! The Urgent Care doc told me to go get the creme for my external yeast infection, and within ten minutes, everything swelled up to twice its size, the bumps spread, and they are now painfully crusting over. I have never been allergic to anything before, but this medication made me absolutely miserable.
Use a spray bottle filled with water to spray your infected area while and immediatly after you urinate until the pain subsides! This is the only way i can pee without crying! and put vaseline or A and D cream on infected area before peeing and it works as a barrier to keep the pee from stinging ur sores! it really helps :)
okay yours may not be as bad as you tell it if your willing to risk jus getting it again...so go ahead and jus jump right back into having sex so you can get it again and be burning again...
NEVER use normal soap on your vagina. It kills the bacteria that protects it from yeast infections so you vagina is then more prone to get bacteria in there and thats what cause yeast infections. Use Summers Eve vag soap or some kind of off brand.
Yeast infections do sometimes give off a foul odor.
That is not a yeast infection. It's bacterial vaginosis. Yeast infections never, ever have a foul odor. BV almost always does. I just got rid of BV and I now have a yeast infection from the antibiotics. Trust me, they are two completely things.
Monistat did the exact same thing to me. It's funny to me how it actually made my symptoms like ten times worse. I seriously thought I was going to have a nervous break down after using the Monistat. I called my gyno, and the Dr. on call gave me a prescription for Flucanzonole. I took this immediately after I called and picked it up at my pharmacy, and all my symptoms have greatly subsided this morning. Moral of the story is, schedule a Dr. visit rather than trying to treat it yourself because no woman wants to have to suffer more before you get better. :)
same here!! how fast did the yi go away? i just took my first dose last night and am still itchy and somewhat burning...i have to take the 2nd dose in 3 days per my gyno office...she said not to use any creams, etc down there just take the pill.
yes i had the same symptoms as you. My husband and I have been together for 10 years(we've been together 10, married for 2 months) we both got together real young so we are the only people eachother have been with. This past week I got the same syptoms (symptoms) and I went to our wacked out hospital where I live(which this past year they tries to tell me my 2 year old daughter had herpes...took her to her doctor and it was a rash from an allergic reaction) and thats what theyre trying to tell me i have. I researched everything myself(i just switched my birth control 1 week 5 days ago)(which they never asked me about that either) and everything i had was a sign of a yeast infection. I got the monistat 1 and the next day was feeling much better. Its been 3 days now and mine is pretty much gone.
   Also what I did was got the vagisil home testing kits and it said mine was a yeast infection so you could try that too.
Hi Thanks for your comment but how do you avoid sugarary foods?  I mean like all fruit has sugar, Quaker oatmeal cereal, etc.,  Should I really cut out all sugar---fruits included?  Thanks Sara
Can i ask you a question? I know this may seem wierd but i have never had a yeast infection before maybe when i was younger. This one is horrible it makes me so unconfortable. When i got to use the bathroom it makes me cry because it hurts so bad. Now ive done research and im pretty sure that is a yeast infection but i just dont know what to do.
Try some A& D ointment on the area so the pee won't sting.  Go and get Monistat cream for 7 days. Do not put soap in the vasginal area. Wear loose clothing and keep yourself dry and clean. Do not wear underwear to bed at night, area needs to breath. Yeast grows in dark wet areas. Eat yogurt and get acidophilus from the vitamin store. Refrain from sex. Good luck I am going thru it right now myself after being on antibiotics. :)
I am 15 and 2 months ago i had a nasal infection the antibiotics caused me 2 get a yeast infecton ( i refused to eat yogurt which i was directed to eat). I am 2 embarrased to go  a doctor or inform my guardians, so i researched itt and i am currently using revolting yogurt to be rid of it. Take a tampon and flavor free yogurt, smother the tampon in the yogurt and insert the tampon. I have been doing this 4 a week and i no longer am having a discharge.
My first yeast infection was a reaction from antibiotics that I was taking for Bacteria Vaginosis (BV):  I had recently began to have unprotected sex with my then boyfriend now husband and I immediately noticed a fishy smell and minor burning when I urinated a day or so later.  Concerned I scheduled an appointment with my gyno for a STD screening and was informed that I did not have an STD but that I had BV, I was livid because I was sure that it was contracted though sex but my gyno informed me that it could have been a number of things that contributed me contracting the infection like for instance (baths, douching, change in soap or laundry detergent).  I was given a prescription for Metronidazole to take twice a day for 7 days, I finished the medication on a Tuesday morning by Wednesday night I had the nastiest yeast infection.  My vulva was swollen and red and the inching was non stop I for sure thought it was an STD by now so I scheduled another appointment with my gyno and was told that I had a yeast infection which was most likely a reaction to the antibiotics.  Antibiotics kill bacteria including the good ones that control yeast, I was prescribed 1 Fluconazole 150 MG tablet and was cured in 5 days.

Over the years following I would ALWAYS get a yeast infection when I take any kind of antibiotics and at one point I was having problems with my kidneys and every time I finished and antibiotic I would get these horrible yeast infections so I came up with a regimen that worked:

The whole time that I'm taking antibiotics I would inject 2 tablespoons of plain organic yogurt in my vagina everynight before bed the when I awake I would prepare a douche with 1 quart of water and 2 tbs of raw organic apple cider vinegar.  I would also eat 2 servings of plain yogurt and take garlic pills in addition to my daily vitamins and once I'm done with the antibiotics I would have NO yeast infection :))...
Starchild7- how do you prepare the garlic and oil?
So I was diagnosed with a yeast infection and my doctor gave me 150mg flucanzole to cure it n told me not to have sex for 7 days. 9 days after I took the pill my condition is better still odor in my urine only in the morning and sometime some itching. On the 9th day I had sex, my boyfriend gave me oral and I'm freaking out, can he get thrush??!!
I'm 38 and got my FIRST yeast infection ever ... I am a naturopath, homeopath, herbalist ... didn't know it was yeast ... figured I was chafed and had a rash from wearing skinny jeans/denim leggings I had recently bought and spent a week on the back of a motorcycle -- in which it rained most the time.  So ... tried anti-monkey butt powder, gold bond medicated powders and ointments, hydrocortizone creams, traditional chinese medicine ointments ... nope.  Mind you I had no idea what this was.  All I knew is it was as red as paprika, went from vaginal to anal area, had no bumps just itched and stung like mad.  So I googled diaper rash and a website said if it's flat red with scalloped edges, it's yeast.  Ducky.  

So I went to the store, looked for anti-fungal creams with clotrimazole and micronazole ... trust me, it's what the menfolk use for jock itch but for external relief, Lotrimin (don't get the Ultra, it specifically says not for vaginal yeast infections and isn't clotrimazole) anti-fungal cream for athlete's foot and Zeasorb powder (it has the 2% micronazole). Use either or -- or use the powder during the day and the cream at night (and don't wear anything tight in the meantime).  And when the directions say spread a thin layer over it, screw that ... apply liberally, drown it!!! Just for grins and giggles I did use Monistat for 3 days but I wasn't really having issue internally, this was all from very very restrictive clothing (needless to say I'm running around in sundresses as much as possible now) but for good measure since some of the irritation was right at the vaginal opening, I used it anyway.  It's taken a little over a month to get it cleared up but it's cheap, convenient and effective -- as well as discreet.  So for those of you who live at home and don't want your parents to know ... you can go to Rite-Aid, pick it up without prescription and no one is the wiser.  

Best to you,
MKC
Starchild:

Thank you! I am currently going thru a process of healing this yeast infection naturally as well. I just wanted to add that using Sweet Almond Oil after you wash and dry your vagina hlps with the dry, itchy feeling. The oil of oregano is an awesome , powerful antiseptic. Thanks for sharing non chemicals applications.
I think this is my 6th day having YI and im 19 years old.. I did go to doctor and she prescribed me medicine like vaginal suppository every night before i go to sleep and betadine wash after i pee.. i dont know if its working  bec. its still itchy mostly at night that made me cry.. but unlike in my 4th days it hurts to death to pee bec. of scratching too much but now the itchyness is getting less .. I wanna get better soon, my mom found out that im not virgin lol ! Omg i wanna get better soon -_-
One thing I found that was a fast fix for vaginal yeast infections is to get a capsule of probiotics and insert it into the vagina.  Relief is usually overnight but worth treating it for a few days.

If the infection is outside you can in addition to using it as a vaginal insert break open a capsule in a small amount of water and swab the area and it doesn't hurt one bit to take the probiotics orally.

Be sure you DO NOT t buy the probiotics in the pearl form.  You just want it in a regular capsule that will dissolve quickly.  
I have a yeast infection but im only 12 i dont know what to do i took a pill but it didnt help
Im a young girl and im not sure what it is im scared to assume anything but im thinking its a yeast infection im scared to go see a doctor. Or tell my parent's all i have been doing it wash witg sope and water, the thing is its doing nothing it still itches and it irritated i dont know what to do
I dont know what to do im a very. Young age and its been very itchy down there and irritated and i dont know what to. Do im scared to go tell my parents or see a doctor i dont kbow what to do i need some help??
You can yeast infections numerous ways! I am currently nursing my first yeast infection that I believe I got from a dirty shower! I think if you tell your mom you think you have a yeast infection, chances are she has probably had one too and will know how to help you! They aren't uncommon to get. She could also help get you into a doctor to make sure it's a yeast infection, and not something else.
Okay we'll the first time I ever got a yeast infection was back in march and when I went to a doctorate prescribed me fluconazole 150 mg and she told me to take monistat 3. I did exactly what she told me but then a couple of days later got my period, and note that this is all within a 4 day period. Well after my period, I noticed that symptoms were gone but I was still getting the weird discharge and odor. I've been embarrassed to have sex ever since then because I thought it was just me. Well on wednesday I went back because the itching and burning came back more mild this time and the discharge was worsening. I had noticed I was getting my period cramps so I was just thinking that she wasn't gonna find anything and she didn't even think she was gonna be able to see the yeast, well she did and she told me I had a pretty bad yeast infection (all though it didn't feel like it) so she prescribed me 2 fluconazole tablets both 150 mg and told me to take one pill that day and take the second 3 days later. Well the first time I had a yeast infection and took the pill, the symptoms disappeared the next day, but this time I took the pill and my vulva area is still itching, so I don't know if its working... I still have to take the second one... And im also on birthcontrol so i know that doesnt contribute too much to me getting better....But if I take the 2nd one and it's not gone, what do I do? Is it going to affect my fertility? Does my bf possibly have it? Should I stop taking my BC pills? Should I get a ph balancing pill? Is my period effecting it!?! I have all these questions and no answers! I just REALLY want this thing to be gone because I've had it for soooo long and I want me and my bf to be able to enjoy having sex, not having to hold off on it because I'm embarrassed! What do I do! Can someone please give me some legit, genuine answers! I'm desperate! :((((
NATURAL AS IT GETS! please listen to me!! I go through what you go through everyday !! Let Me help you! the smell, the embarrassment, the pain, the emotion distress, and on top of that I got a stupid hemorrhoids !! I want to tell you what I did to get **RID** of it all! BV.Yeast Infections. This worked for me I hope it does for you !
get up, get a pen an paper, Write this down ! and go get it!

- Apple cider
-bottle water
-hydrogen peroxide
- acidophilus pills(take everyday)
-folic acid pills(take everyday)
- honey
-TURMERIC (seasoning) + ( speeds up the process of healing infections)
- Lemons
- Golden-seal Root(take everyday)
-tea tree oil

OK here we gooo!!
  IN the morning.....
1).Take the pills! everyday even when it gone!

2). Ok take the bottled water and pour 1 & 1/2  tsp of hydrogen peroxide in it, then add 2 or 3 drops of tee tree oil and squirt it in your vagina (its like a organic douche) lol you'll be fine.. just do it-_- ... you can do this while in shower.

3). Then dry the area, and apply one acidophilus pill in your vagina. OR while in step (2) open the capsule and pour into the bottle with the other mixture. which ever you like.

4). take another water bottle and and squeeze 2 tsp lemon juice in it, add 3/4 tsp Turmeric in it and shake it up. (the taste it not very pleasing but trust me it helps more than you know)

5). Go exercise a bit walk around for 30 min. I workout hard but for those who don't work out at all go do some sit ups. something!

6). come back and soak in 2 cups of apple cider vinegar bath for 20-30 min... hot, warm, or cold.  
   **note** #6. only do 3 times a week, so pick three days

the reason im telling you this is cause I dont want money off this, I just want to help women because I am tired of the doctors telling me there is nothing wrong. I probaly know more than any OBGYN as much as I studied!

just try this please and let me know what you think/

- Apple cider
-bottle water
-hydrogen peroxide
- acidophilus pills(take everyday)
-folic acid pills(take everyday)
- honey
- Lemons
- Golden-seal Root(take everyday)
-tea tree oil

OK here we gooo!!
  IN the morning.....

- Apple cider
-bottle water
-hydrogen peroxide
- acidophilus pills(take everyday)
-folic acid pills(take everyday)
- honey
- Lemons
- Golden-seal Root(take everyday)
-tea tree oil

OK here we gooo!!
  IN the morning.....

just try this please and let me know what you think
By what I've read about yeast infections they do not have a smell and if you have an infection that does have an odor you should go see the Dr. right away
Thank you so much for the statement about the soap!  I was starting to feel better, but then I washed with soap today, hoping that would help.  It made it worse and I was getting worried until I read this.
I had one for over three years because the "cures" weren't working.  Finally I tried a cup full of honey after a doctor recommended it on a random video I watched. If nothing else is working you can apply a full cup of honey to the affected area and leave it on for approximately 20 minutes.  I suggest taking a timer of some sort into the bathroom and doing this process there.  Be sure to spread towels underneath you before you get started.  Honey is very drippy.  After 20 minutes rinse the honey off in warm water.  It rinses off easily although it is quite gooey.  I noticed the itching and burning disappearing about ten minutes into the process. It totally worked and I'm cured!  Always keep honey in your house just in case.  I have dealt with the open red dots too.  That's nothing serious.  It does come from breaking the skin while wiping or constipation and can be cured with a cortizone cream over the counter.
Crap, really? I took Fluconzale back in January and it didn't help. I didn't go to the gyno until March 2013 and I got another Fluconzale. Still nothing. I've been having sex too... Could this be why it isn't cured? I've had it for a long time.
To all you athletes going to less than hygenic gyms,

I picked up a total body rash in a gym that only went away when I started showering with Fungi Cure.  It's all natural and really worked. It lasts a long time too.  Follow the directions on the bottle. There's also Defense Soap that's excellent.  They both use Tea Tree Oil as one of the ingredients. I learned the hard way that you must shower immediatley after working out.  Those two products will protect you in the nastiest of showers.  But keep complaining--these clubs just don't keep their showers clean enough!
I have had my share of yeast infections in my life... coupled with the fact that I have psoriasis "down there" - it takes a different form on different parts of the body... Psoriasis in moist areas present very red and raw looking.

So what I have had to do - due to the itching is combine my psoriasis cream for "down there" with the yeast infection creams (plus the inserts) and it takes the itch and burn right away.

Remember if you scratch or rub too hard you can cause a secondary infection.  If the itching and rubbing become unbearable, I would look for an over the counter corticosteroid cream to help handle that aspect.

Also start taking a B-Complex vitamin and an acidophiliz tablet.

In the UK it is common practice that when a woman gets an antibiotic prescription the pharmacy automatically gives her B12 or B complex vitamins to take for the duration of the antibiotics.

If you are having chronic yeast infections, I would definately have that infestigated further.  They can take a PH balance of your vagina and other tests... perhaps there is an underlying issue.  Forget panties, during this time or you will be washing non stop.  Use pads and change them everytime you go to the bathroom to help keep things clean and sterile.

Also, when you are retrieving the cream from the tube either wear gloves on that hand and alternate fingers or put the cream on a popcycle stick to avoid contaiminating the cream.  Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly INCLUDING scrubbing under your nails.
These ten tips changed my life..

1: Stay Dry and Loose
2: Practice Good Hygiene
3: Avoid Harsh Soaps and Feminine Hygiene Products
4: Use Yogurt
5: Bring on the Boric - boric acid is safe
6: Try Over-the-counter Natural Fungal Creams
7: Unsweetened cranberry juice
8:Go Natural
9: Treat Both Partners
10:10: Avoid Routine Douching
This is exactly how I feel. It burns so bad. I never had one and I used monistat 1 yesterday and I woke up and it feels worse. I hope it goes away quick. I can't stop thinking about it because it hurts so bad.
I have a yeast infection and it hurts so bad. Im on a 3 day cream medication. Tonights my last night of the meds and im not better at all. It hurts extremely bad when I urinate. Please help. Do u have any advice. Im in pain
I'm only sixteen years old, never been sexually active, nor have I had my first kiss. Mine started about five days ago, but I didn't think anything of it. I just felt a little itchy and sensitive. As the days progressed, the itch became unbearable and got worse around nighttime. It didn't burn when I peed, but wiping... Oh my god that was awful. It was so sore and sensitive and painful. After about three days, I finally just got the courage to send my mom a text and tell her what was happening. She said that it sounded like I had a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) and told me to go to the doctors. I did a couple of hours later, and they had me pee in a cup and they had it tested. The doctor said that I did NOT have an UTI, but that it sounded like a vaginal yeast infection. She prescribed my two pills of Fluconazole, one to take that day, and the next to take in seven days. It's been a day or two since I've taken the first pill and I haven't really had any relief. This is starting to become unbearable and I'm just hoping that this'll go away soon. And to anyone that's battling this monster as well, I'm so sorry you have to go through this too!
I'm going through my very first one and I've had these symptoms for 3 days before actually doing something. I got monistat 7 today which comes with a cream to stop irrigation and itching.. It seems to be working and expected to go away within the next couple days!
Hi. I have never had a yeast infection. My grandma told me years ago before meds they used apple cidar vinegar to treat and prevent yeast infections. Once or twice per week put a cup of it in your bath water and wash as usual. It kills the bacteria and helps peel dead skin on your body. Also over counter meds do better at bedtime when you are flat and still. Keep area cool and dry as yeast grows n warm moist areas. If your discharge increases add another day in your week of vinegar bath. If you r too dry then skip a week. Trust me. It works.
I am in the same situation. I got yeast infection after two rounds of antibiotics for a sinus infection, took Diffucal 1-pill three days ago but still have symptoms. Should I go back to the doctor or take the monistat?