How long does it take to cure a yeast infection?
So here's the deal.  Almost 2 months ago I started getting an itching sensation on my vulva.  I was freaked out that it was a STD, and finally got the guts to face the music and go see a NP who said it is very well a yeast infection on the outside of my vagina.  (I have no abnormal discharge).  She gave me a 3 day regim which seemed to cure the itchiness, but made the area more red and irritated.  So then I got more guts and finally went to a gyno who cultured the red irritated area and checked it out.  She told me that she saw nothing abnormal but saw some yeast.  So there it was confirmed.  A yeast infection of the skin surrounding my vagina.  She gave me diflucan, in on pill to take and also gave me monistat 7 to use as well.  So I took the pill 3 days ago today and have been using the cream since.  I feel better with the itching again, but at night, I think I touch the area, so when I wake up in the morning it's red again.  I feel like these treatments aren't working.  
How long do I have to wait for the treatments to work.  Am I just expecting it to cure the yeast infection too soon? Is this something that takes time to heal?  
It's just really irritating.  It's been almost 2 months and I would like it to go away.
Can anyone give me some insights?  
Also, I got to the gym alot and wait to shower and change out of my gym clothes until I get home.  I have been obstaining from the gym since the day I went to the dr in hopes that it will help make the healing process go a little faster.  
Also, I've been using Dial bar soap to clean the area, is this too strong?
NEVER use normal soap on your vagina. It kills the bacteria that protects it from yeast infections so you vagina is then more prone to get bacteria in there and thats what cause yeast infections. Use Summers Eve vag soap or some kind of off brand.
Yeast infections do sometimes give off a foul odor.
That is not a yeast infection. It's bacterial vaginosis. Yeast infections never, ever have a foul odor. BV almost always does. I just got rid of BV and I now have a yeast infection from the antibiotics. Trust me, they are two completely things.
Monistat did the exact same thing to me. It's funny to me how it actually made my symptoms like ten times worse. I seriously thought I was going to have a nervous break down after using the Monistat. I called my gyno, and the Dr. on call gave me a prescription for Flucanzonole. I took this immediately after I called and picked it up at my pharmacy, and all my symptoms have greatly subsided this morning. Moral of the story is, schedule a Dr. visit rather than trying to treat it yourself because no woman wants to have to suffer more before you get better. :)
same here!! how fast did the yi go away? i just took my first dose last night and am still itchy and somewhat burning...i have to take the 2nd dose in 3 days per my gyno office...she said not to use any creams, etc down there just take the pill.
yes i had the same symptoms as you. My husband and I have been together for 10 years(we've been together 10, married for 2 months) we both got together real young so we are the only people eachother have been with. This past week I got the same syptoms and I went to our wacked out hospital where I live(which this past year they tries to tell me my 2 year old daughter had herpes...took her to her doctor and it was a rash from an allergic reaction) and thats what theyre trying to tell me i have. I researched everything myself(i just switched my birth control 1 week 5 days ago)(which they never asked me about that either) and everything i had was a sign of a yeast infection. I got the monistat 1 and the next day was feeling much better. Its been 3 days now and mine is pretty much gone.
   Also what I did was got the vagisil home testing kits and it said mine was a yeast infection so you could try that too.
Hi Thanks for your comment but how do you avoid sugarary foods?  I mean like all fruit has sugar, Quaker oatmeal cereal, etc.,  Should I really cut out all sugar---fruits included?  Thanks Sara
Can i ask you a question? I know this may seem wierd but i have never had a yeast infection before maybe when i was younger. This one is horrible it makes me so unconfortable. When i got to use the bathroom it makes me cry because it hurts so bad. Now ive done research and im pretty sure that is a yeast infection but i just dont know what to do.
Try some A& D ointment on the area so the pee won't sting.  Go and get Monistat cream for 7 days. Do not put soap in the vasginal area. Wear loose clothing and keep yourself dry and clean. Do not wear underwear to bed at night, area needs to breath. Yeast grows in dark wet areas. Eat yogurt and get acidophilus from the vitamin store. Refrain from sex. Good luck I am going thru it right now myself after being on antibiotics. :)
I am 15 and 2 months ago i had a nasal infection the antibiotics caused me 2 get a yeast infecton ( i refused to eat yogurt which i was directed to eat). I am 2 embarrased to go  a doctor or inform my guardians, so i researched itt and i am currently using revolting yogurt to be rid of it. Take a tampon and flavor free yogurt, smother the tampon in the yogurt and insert the tampon. I have been doing this 4 a week and i no longer am having a discharge.
My first yeast infection was a reaction from antibiotics that I was taking for Bacteria Vaginosis (BV):  I had recently began to have unprotected sex with my then boyfriend now husband and I immediately noticed a fishy smell and minor burning when I urinated a day or so later.  Concerned I scheduled an appointment with my gyno for a STD screening and was informed that I did not have an STD but that I had BV, I was livid because I was sure that it was contracted though sex but my gyno informed me that it could have been a number of things that contributed me contracting the infection like for instance (baths, douching, change in soap or laundry detergent).  I was given a prescription for Metronidazole to take twice a day for 7 days, I finished the medication on a Tuesday morning by Wednesday night I had the nastiest yeast infection.  My vulva was swollen and red and the inching was non stop I for sure thought it was an STD by now so I scheduled another appointment with my gyno and was told that I had a yeast infection which was most likely a reaction to the antibiotics.  Antibiotics kill bacteria including the good ones that control yeast, I was prescribed 1 Fluconazole 150 MG tablet and was cured in 5 days.

Over the years following I would ALWAYS get a yeast infection when I take any kind of antibiotics and at one point I was having problems with my kidneys and every time I finished and antibiotic I would get these horrible yeast infections so I came up with a regimen that worked:

The whole time that I'm taking antibiotics I would inject 2 tablespoons of plain organic yogurt in my vagina everynight before bed the when I awake I would prepare a douche with 1 quart of water and 2 tbs of raw organic apple cider vinegar.  I would also eat 2 servings of plain yogurt and take garlic pills in addition to my daily vitamins and once I'm done with the antibiotics I would have NO yeast infection :))...
Starchild7- how do you prepare the garlic and oil?
So I was diagnosed with a yeast infection and my doctor gave me 150mg flucanzole to cure it n told me not to have sex for 7 days. 9 days after I took the pill my condition is better still odor in my urine only in the morning and sometime some itching. On the 9th day I had sex, my boyfriend gave me oral and I'm freaking out, can he get thrush??!!
I'm 38 and got my FIRST yeast infection ever ... I am a naturopath, homeopath, herbalist ... didn't know it was yeast ... figured I was chafed and had a rash from wearing skinny jeans/denim leggings I had recently bought and spent a week on the back of a motorcycle -- in which it rained most the time.  So ... tried anti-monkey butt powder, gold bond medicated powders and ointments, hydrocortizone creams, traditional chinese medicine ointments ... nope.  Mind you I had no idea what this was.  All I knew is it was as red as paprika, went from vaginal to anal area, had no bumps just itched and stung like mad.  So I googled diaper rash and a website said if it's flat red with scalloped edges, it's yeast.  Ducky.  

So I went to the store, looked for anti-fungal creams with clotrimazole and micronazole ... trust me, it's what the menfolk use for jock itch but for external relief, Lotrimin (don't get the Ultra, it specifically says not for vaginal yeast infections and isn't clotrimazole) anti-fungal cream for athlete's foot and Zeasorb powder (it has the 2% micronazole). Use either or -- or use the powder during the day and the cream at night (and don't wear anything tight in the meantime).  And when the directions say spread a thin layer over it, screw that ... apply liberally, drown it!!! Just for grins and giggles I did use Monistat for 3 days but I wasn't really having issue internally, this was all from very very restrictive clothing (needless to say I'm running around in sundresses as much as possible now) but for good measure since some of the irritation was right at the vaginal opening, I used it anyway.  It's taken a little over a month to get it cleared up but it's cheap, convenient and effective -- as well as discreet.  So for those of you who live at home and don't want your parents to know ... you can go to Rite-Aid, pick it up without prescription and no one is the wiser.  

Best to you,
MKC
Starchild:

Thank you! I am currently going thru a process of healing this yeast infection naturally as well. I just wanted to add that using Sweet Almond Oil after you wash and dry your vagina hlps with the dry, itchy feeling. The oil of oregano is an awesome , powerful antiseptic. Thanks for sharing non chemicals applications.
I think this is my 6th day having YI and im 19 years old.. I did go to doctor and she prescribed me medicine like vaginal suppository every night before i go to sleep and betadine wash after i pee.. i dont know if its working  bec. its still itchy mostly at night that made me cry.. but unlike in my 4th days it hurts to death to pee bec. of scratching too much but now the itchyness is getting less .. I wanna get better soon, my mom found out that im not virgin lol ! Omg i wanna get better soon -_-
One thing I found that was a fast fix for vaginal yeast infections is to get a capsule of probiotics and insert it into the vagina.  Relief is usually overnight but worth treating it for a few days.

If the infection is outside you can in addition to using it as a vaginal insert break open a capsule in a small amount of water and swab the area and it doesn't hurt one bit to take the probiotics orally.

Be sure you DO NOT t buy the probiotics in the pearl form.  You just want it in a regular capsule that will dissolve quickly.  
I have a yeast infection but im only 12 i dont know what to do i took a pill but it didnt help
Im a young girl and im not sure what it is im scared to assume anything but im thinking its a yeast infection im scared to go see a doctor. Or tell my parent's all i have been doing it wash witg sope and water, the thing is its doing nothing it still itches and it irritated i dont know what to do
I dont know what to do im a very. Young age and its been very itchy down there and irritated and i dont know what to. Do im scared to go tell my parents or see a doctor i dont kbow what to do i need some help??
You can yeast infections numerous ways! I am currently nursing my first yeast infection that I believe I got from a dirty shower! I think if you tell your mom you think you have a yeast infection, chances are she has probably had one too and will know how to help you! They aren't uncommon to get. She could also help get you into a doctor to make sure it's a yeast infection, and not something else.
Okay we'll the first time I ever got a yeast infection was back in march and when I went to a doctorate prescribed me fluconazole 150 mg and she told me to take monistat 3. I did exactly what she told me but then a couple of days later got my period, and note that this is all within a 4 day period. Well after my period, I noticed that symptoms were gone but I was still getting the weird discharge and odor. I've been embarrassed to have sex ever since then because I thought it was just me. Well on wednesday I went back because the itching and burning came back more mild this time and the discharge was worsening. I had noticed I was getting my period cramps so I was just thinking that she wasn't gonna find anything and she didn't even think she was gonna be able to see the yeast, well she did and she told me I had a pretty bad yeast infection (all though it didn't feel like it) so she prescribed me 2 fluconazole tablets both 150 mg and told me to take one pill that day and take the second 3 days later. Well the first time I had a yeast infection and took the pill, the symptoms disappeared the next day, but this time I took the pill and my vulva area is still itching, so I don't know if its working... I still have to take the second one... And im also on birthcontrol so i know that doesnt contribute too much to me getting better....But if I take the 2nd one and it's not gone, what do I do? Is it going to affect my fertility? Does my bf possibly have it? Should I stop taking my BC pills? Should I get a ph balancing pill? Is my period effecting it!?! I have all these questions and no answers! I just REALLY want this thing to be gone because I've had it for soooo long and I want me and my bf to be able to enjoy having sex, not having to hold off on it because I'm embarrassed! What do I do! Can someone please give me some legit, genuine answers! I'm desperate! :((((
NATURAL AS IT GETS! please listen to me!! I go through what you go through everyday !! Let Me help you! the smell, the embarrassment, the pain, the emotion distress, and on top of that I got a stupid hemorrhoids !! I want to tell you what I did to get **RID** of it all! BV.Yeast Infections. This worked for me I hope it does for you !
get up, get a pen an paper, Write this down ! and go get it!

- Apple cider
-bottle water
-hydrogen peroxide
- acidophilus pills(take everyday)
-folic acid pills(take everyday)
- honey
-TURMERIC (seasoning) + ( speeds up the process of healing infections)
- Lemons
- Golden-seal Root(take everyday)
-tea tree oil

OK here we gooo!!
  IN the morning.....
1).Take the pills! everyday even when it gone!

2). Ok take the bottled water and pour 1 & 1/2  tsp of hydrogen peroxide in it, then add 2 or 3 drops of tee tree oil and squirt it in your vagina (its like a organic douche) lol you'll be fine.. just do it-_- ... you can do this while in shower.

3). Then dry the area, and apply one acidophilus pill in your vagina. OR while in step (2) open the capsule and pour into the bottle with the other mixture. which ever you like.

4). take another water bottle and and squeeze 2 tsp lemon juice in it, add 3/4 tsp Turmeric in it and shake it up. (the taste it not very pleasing but trust me it helps more than you know)

5). Go exercise a bit walk around for 30 min. I workout hard but for those who don't work out at all go do some sit ups. something!

6). come back and soak in 2 cups of apple cider vinegar bath for 20-30 min... hot, warm, or cold.  
   **note** #6. only do 3 times a week, so pick three days

the reason im telling you this is cause I dont want money off this, I just want to help women because I am tired of the doctors telling me there is nothing wrong. I probaly know more than any OBGYN as much as I studied!

just try this please and let me know what you think/

- Apple cider
-bottle water
-hydrogen peroxide
- acidophilus pills(take everyday)
-folic acid pills(take everyday)
- honey
- Lemons
- Golden-seal Root(take everyday)
-tea tree oil

OK here we gooo!!
  IN the morning.....

- Apple cider
-bottle water
-hydrogen peroxide
- acidophilus pills(take everyday)
-folic acid pills(take everyday)
- honey
- Lemons
- Golden-seal Root(take everyday)
-tea tree oil

OK here we gooo!!
  IN the morning.....

just try this please and let me know what you think
By what I've read about yeast infections they do not have a smell and if you have an infection that does have an odor you should go see the Dr. right away
Thank you so much for the statement about the soap!  I was starting to feel better, but then I washed with soap today, hoping that would help.  It made it worse and I was getting worried until I read this.
I had one for over three years because the "cures" weren't working.  Finally I tried a cup full of honey after a doctor recommended it on a random video I watched. If nothing else is working you can apply a full cup of honey to the affected area and leave it on for approximately 20 minutes.  I suggest taking a timer of some sort into the bathroom and doing this process there.  Be sure to spread towels underneath you before you get started.  Honey is very drippy.  After 20 minutes rinse the honey off in warm water.  It rinses off easily although it is quite gooey.  I noticed the itching and burning disappearing about ten minutes into the process. It totally worked and I'm cured!  Always keep honey in your house just in case.  I have dealt with the open red dots too.  That's nothing serious.  It does come from breaking the skin while wiping or constipation and can be cured with a cortizone cream over the counter.
Crap, really? I took Fluconzale back in January and it didn't help. I didn't go to the gyno until March 2013 and I got another Fluconzale. Still nothing. I've been having sex too... Could this be why it isn't cured? I've had it for a long time.
To all you athletes going to less than hygenic gyms,

I picked up a total body rash in a gym that only went away when I started showering with Fungi Cure.  It's all natural and really worked. It lasts a long time too.  Follow the directions on the bottle. There's also Defense Soap that's excellent.  They both use Tea Tree Oil as one of the ingredients. I learned the hard way that you must shower immediatley after working out.  Those two products will protect you in the nastiest of showers.  But keep complaining--these clubs just don't keep their showers clean enough!
I have had my share of yeast infections in my life... coupled with the fact that I have psoriasis "down there" - it takes a different form on different parts of the body... Psoriasis in moist areas present very red and raw looking.

So what I have had to do - due to the itching is combine my psoriasis cream for "down there" with the yeast infection creams (plus the inserts) and it takes the itch and burn right away.

Remember if you scratch or rub too hard you can cause a secondary infection.  If the itching and rubbing become unbearable, I would look for an over the counter corticosteroid cream to help handle that aspect.

Also start taking a B-Complex vitamin and an acidophiliz tablet.

In the UK it is common practice that when a woman gets an antibiotic prescription the pharmacy automatically gives her B12 or B complex vitamins to take for the duration of the antibiotics.

If you are having chronic yeast infections, I would definately have that infestigated further.  They can take a PH balance of your vagina and other tests... perhaps there is an underlying issue.  Forget panties, during this time or you will be washing non stop.  Use pads and change them everytime you go to the bathroom to help keep things clean and sterile.

Also, when you are retrieving the cream from the tube either wear gloves on that hand and alternate fingers or put the cream on a popcycle stick to avoid contaiminating the cream.  Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly INCLUDING scrubbing under your nails.
These ten tips changed my life..

1: Stay Dry and Loose
2: Practice Good Hygiene
3: Avoid Harsh Soaps and Feminine Hygiene Products
4: Use Yogurt
5: Bring on the Boric - boric acid is safe
6: Try Over-the-counter Natural Fungal Creams
7: Unsweetened cranberry juice
8:Go Natural
9: Treat Both Partners
10:10: Avoid Routine Douching
This is exactly how I feel. It burns so bad. I never had one and I used monistat 1 yesterday and I woke up and it feels worse. I hope it goes away quick. I can't stop thinking about it because it hurts so bad.
I have a yeast infection and it hurts so bad. Im on a 3 day cream medication. Tonights my last night of the meds and im not better at all. It hurts extremely bad when I urinate. Please help. Do u have any advice. Im in pain
I'm only sixteen years old, never been sexually active, nor have I had my first kiss. Mine started about five days ago, but I didn't think anything of it. I just felt a little itchy and sensitive. As the days progressed, the itch became unbearable and got worse around nighttime. It didn't burn when I peed, but wiping... Oh my god that was awful. It was so sore and sensitive and painful. After about three days, I finally just got the courage to send my mom a text and tell her what was happening. She said that it sounded like I had a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) and told me to go to the doctors. I did a couple of hours later, and they had me pee in a cup and they had it tested. The doctor said that I did NOT have an UTI, but that it sounded like a vaginal yeast infection. She prescribed my two pills of Fluconazole, one to take that day, and the next to take in seven days. It's been a day or two since I've taken the first pill and I haven't really had any relief. This is starting to become unbearable and I'm just hoping that this'll go away soon. And to anyone that's battling this monster as well, I'm so sorry you have to go through this too!
I'm going through my very first one and I've had these symptoms for 3 days before actually doing something. I got monistat 7 today which comes with a cream to stop irrigation and itching.. It seems to be working and expected to go away within the next couple days!
Hi. I have never had a yeast infection. My grandma told me years ago before meds they used apple cidar vinegar to treat and prevent yeast infections. Once or twice per week put a cup of it in your bath water and wash as usual. It kills the bacteria and helps peel dead skin on your body. Also over counter meds do better at bedtime when you are flat and still. Keep area cool and dry as yeast grows n warm moist areas. If your discharge increases add another day in your week of vinegar bath. If you r too dry then skip a week. Trust me. It works.
I am in the same situation. I got yeast infection after two rounds of antibiotics for a sinus infection, took Diffucal 1-pill three days ago but still have symptoms. Should I go back to the doctor or take the monistat?
this is my first time of yeast infection i do not no what to do i am 16 year.
this is mt first time of having yeast infection i not no what to do
I agree with you. I have a yest infection also only this last January. I think the feminine wash that I used is the cause I had it ,and i was stressed also at work. So I had a yeast infection the Doctor prescribed me diflucan and cream dermofix the itch go away but it came back after my period. My doctor told me to change the feminine wash so I currently using lactacyd in the morning before I go to work and wash again after my work. Everyday I'm eating plain yogurt to help me control the infection. I tried also the 6 days clove garlic suppository before I go to bed I just inserted it to my V and when you wake up remove it. I also take accidophilus food supplement twice a day.

Now I feel good, no itching , no burning sensation inside when I pee, discharge rare only but not that much same as before. proper sleep also drink plenty of water. Good  luck I hope I provided you some ideas.
I have yeast infection and I buy this cream vasigil but it not working what should I do
OkP
I have yeast infaction for about 2 weeks I went to the doctor he gave me pill an cream but it don't work. What do I do??? I hate felinc this way
Thank you
i wish these doctors will just make some type of medicine for all lady's to cure down there i hope one day this will work mostly on woman and teenagers just keep ur hopes up high and keep strong lady's u can blame ur self on this one :)
I've had really good luck with over the counter monostat.  I use the one day which has a higher concentration of medicine.  Thing is, it takes two days.  So, if you are patient, it DOES work for many.  Diflucan is a pill doctors can prescribe which also worked well for me.  good ulck
I used to use AZO, but i switched to the Lady Soma Cranberry Pills and I find them alot gentler and easier for my system. They also work 1 day faster than AZO for me. Whenever I have issues with antibiotics or other medications that leave me with a feeling of frequency and/or generalized discomfort, the Lady Soma Cranpberry supplements has always helped greatly, especially at night or anytime I have to sit for long
I used to have chronic yeast infections When I was a teen but now I'm 45 getting them more,and more.not fun. Took monistat and it didn't do anything then went to doc and he prescribed me that pill, this is the second day so far it seems to be getting better. Is it ok to use monistat as well to make sure it goes away?
Can you give the yeast infection to your partner?
I've used both at the same time without any harsh results.
And yes you can pass it to your partner. Another disease is called hmophillus and it has much the same symptoms as yeast infection. A swab test can diagnose that but if you find yoy are getting one infection after another ask for a swab to be taken.
Alright, went to atlanta for vacation (hotlanta) & because of 100 degree weather & constant sweat, heat caused my yeast infection. Went to the clinic & was diagnosed for sure it was a YI, i was perscribed to take a fluconazole tablet on the 1st day & for seven nights insert the terconazole supposatory (vaginal cream) . On the last day of treatment I had to take the other fluconazole. I feel perfectly fine , now when i travel hot places i wear loose fitting underwear & stay away from highly strong scented body washes. While taking any of the vaginal creams whether it be monostat, or vagistat, always sleep with no underwear. Also, if you miss your period while on the medicine its normal & you can use it while on your period.
Yes. The perfumes in any soap can cause itching and redness. Use Dove or Ivory for washing or just clean water. I know from personal experience. Even shampoo running down your body to your vagina can cause the same thing. The soap you use to wash your clothes too may give you a reaction. I no longer use soaps when bathing. Just scrub well and never wash my hair in the shower.
If the over the counter creams aren't working- Be aware of scented soaps and detergents.  Years ago, I thought I had a yeast infection, used all the creams OTC, and was tested for everything at my Doctor 2-3 times but was negative.  The itching went on forever.  Went to two doctors each asked me if I changed detergents, I said no!  I've always used Tide my entire life.  They use to make a lavender scented one from the Tide "Simple Pleasures" line, (that I think is now discontinued), I stoped using it and the itch was gone.  So crazy, I'm not allergic to anything, and seemed to develop a sensitivity in my late twenties to scented soaps ect.  I seriously wasted so much time and energy worrying about infections and STDS, I just want to save someone/ anyone from that pain!!!  
Okay ladies please listen, this may help a lot of the commenters on this post.
Antibiotics dont always help yeast infections, in most cases where you keep getting more and more yeast infections and dont know why, its because of the constant antibiotics you're taking from your doctor or otc.
Your body has GOOD bacteria AND BAD bacteria. The whole explanation of a yeast infection is the overgrowth of the bad bacteria in your vagina. Many things cause this, imbalanced pH (our vaginas are acidic, yeast likes alkaline areas to grow in), tight fitting pants, spandex, not enough water, wiping back to front instead of front to back, poor diet of sugary food (yeast loves sugar), not changing your pads or underwear, constantly moist around your vagina and wearing the wrong underwear (cotton is best and breatheable - yeast thrives in the warm moiste environment of the vagina- in AND outside the vagina), etc.
Now, when you are constantly taking antibiotics youre killing the good bacteria your vagina and gut need to be healthy, we all need this bacteria, it keeps our gut regular for bowel movements and our vaginas happy. When you take antibiotics you essentially are killing the bad bacteria and your infection is gone, BUT, it takes longer for your good bacteria to reproduce and the bad bacteria overgrows once more leaving you with reoccuring, chronic yeast infections.
The answer is to STOP taking antibiotics and learn how to take care of your body from the inside out with natural antifungal medicines that are available to you anywhere without a doctors prescription.
Tea tree oil, coconut oil and oregano oil are antifungal and antibacterial oils that when diluted with a carrier oil can be placed on a pad and worn to treat your yeast infection from the oitside.
Whole -not chopped, not minced- garlic can be used as a nightly suppository inside the vagina to kill the bad bacteria. It is the most natural cost effective treatment that does not hurt, does not sting and you can not feel it. Take it out in the morning and do this again at night. You can make frozen suppositories out of coconut oil, a few drops of tea tree oil and an opened capsule of vaginal probiotics to soothe and treat your vagina.
Vaginal Probiotics, they are the good bacteria that you yourself can supplement into your body after taking antibiotics, or taking before you suspect a yeast infection or if you have a yeast infection.You can find these anywhere (drugstores such as cvs, target, walmart, gnc, etc) from many different price ranges. I suggest investing in a refridgerated vaginal probiotic as these are the strongest and healthiest probiotics for you. Probiotics are supposed to be refridgerated because they are microscopical living organisms that need to be kept alive by the time you take them to replenish your body. Unrefridgerated probiotics either are close to dying/expiring before the date printed on the packaging or are already dead by the time you buy them off the shelf or online.
Remember the key to all of this is to drink plenty of water during or before the infection, avoid antibiotics, replenish your body with refridgerated vaginal probiotics, and treat your infection with a natural antifungal.
I hope i helped someone as this is the answer most doctors will not tell you because it does not make them money.
I've had a yeast infection for about 9 months now and I'm sick of it. I'm using a combo of coconut oil and tea tree oil. Been using it for about 2 weeks going into 3. I'm not sure that it seems to be working cuz I still itch and its still slightly irritated. Will my treatment work? How long does a yeast infection usually take to cure if I have it for this long???