How long should I wait for sympotoms of a yeast affection to disappear ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

How long should I wait for sympotoms of a yeast affection to disappear ?

For  about a year i've had on and off again  occasional discomfort in the vaginal region but i just figured it was normal . sometimes my discharge would be white with no order nd look like wet tissue.  Not until recently HAVE  i had discomfort and itching to the extnt where i realized it was a problem. ASSUMING IT WAS A YEAST INFECTION  i took a diflucan  It didnt work. i went to the doctor and she said i did the right thing ebecause "it looks like theres some yeast in there". I took 3 more diflucan pills !!!!! then i took monistat 3 ovule!!!!!! and right now im suffering with swelling in the vulva. Not all day but for hours of the day at a time there is discomfort. the last day of treatment was 3 days ago. is it possible that i just need to take another monsitat 3 or do i wait for the affects to kick in ?
If you've been "fighting" this for almost a year, you have swelling which is not a normal part of a yeast infection and nothing has helped, it's past time for further testing. Bloodwork and a culture would be good places to start. I think throwing more Monistat in there isn't going to help much.
I wish you the best
Greenlydia
This swelling can be due to chafing. Chafing occurs when the skin becomes irritated by the friction caused by rubbing – either against other skin or against a foreign material. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a gynecologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing

Honestly I could cry ! It's not a yeast infection . My discharge is super healthy and I have no itchiness or burning . But the swelling of the labia minora is so unbearable and impossible to ignore . I can't sit or walk properly. I just feel this thing !!! In between my legs . Idk what to do
Is there a huge bump? It could be a boil, and they hurt so bad when they are in that area. apply a warm cloth if it is. and see a doc for antibiotics wouldnt want to get a flesh eating disease. Best of luck to you