How long will it last - miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

How long will it last - miscarriage

I had a natural miscarriage on Tuesday/Wednesday of last week and today is the first time in a week I haven't been bleeding.  The bleed heavy for 4-5 days and then light pink spotting afterward.  However, I'm feeling a lot of cramping/abdominal tenderness and was wondering if this is normal?  Is bleeding the only indication there is no problem or is the cramping/abdominal tenderness more serious?  For those who unfortunately have had a miscarriage can they provide me with your experiences on how long the physical pain should last? I was thinking of going to the doctor next week if this continues.
i had a miscarriage a few years ago...i had bad cramping for about 3-4 days after i stopped bleeding. it kind of went away on it's own...i just used a heating pad and drank lots of warm tea. if it lasts longer than 3-4 days, i would see the doctor. hope you feel better soon!
I am so sorry that you are going through this. i had a m/c 8/24. I went to the dr right away. But I think you should go anyway so you can get an ultrasound done and make sure that everything came out. I passed the baby, but when I went to the dr they did an ultrasound and saw that the sac was still in there. I had a d&c 2 days later. Again, I am very sorry for your loss.
I forgot to add, after the d&c I hod no more cramping and bleeding/spotting stopped a few hours later. I hope you get better soon =)
With my 4th loss, the entire process took 3 weeks. Starting with spotting, then progressing to the heavy cramping/bleeding that accompanied passing the sac, and then another week of spotting before it completely stopped.

If it continues or if you notice any signs of infection (i.e., fever, chills, abdominal tenderness, foul smelling discharge) get into the doctor right away.

Andi
I'm trying to avoid going to the doc for the u/s because of the awful experience I had with them last Wednesday when I was going through the m/c.  I posted my experience last week on the title 'Emotional week'.  I guess if the discomfort continues any longer I will have to.  When you passed the baby did you have anymore bleeding after that?  I passed what I think was the placenta/embryo on Wednesday because it was quite large and it was sent to the lab for testing but I haven't called for the results.  After I passed that I just have been having heavy bleeding/some clots 4-5 days and now it is just spotting.  Do you think there is more in there because I'm still spotting? I just want this to be over...
After I passed the baby I was still bleeding/spotting and cramping. It had slowed down some. I am sorry you had such a terrible experience at the dr. If you want to wait it out then I agree, really watch for signs of infection. I was glad I had the d&c, because everything was over with, but that's just my personal opinion. I hope everything gets better soon, hun. Good Luck!
I have been bleeding since june 8th and today is june 26 and im still bleeding in the begining i was spotting for about 4 days then it came down heavy for 3 days then i started to stop again no pain at all know im bledding really heavy and cramping is this normal for me to bleed for so long i spoke to my doc he told me to go in on Monday if im still bleeding to get a dc done is this normal??